Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
518,561 - 518,580 of 538,553 Comments Last updated 9 min ago
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2014

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Jewish rabbis do the same thing and you never here about it from the Jews.
We are hearing about the Catholic priests and they are being dealt with.
....There is no collective group of people anywhere that have paid out nearly $3 Billion in court costs.......except the catholic church. 10 Dioceses in the USA have filed for bankruptcy have you been keeping score?

....The only reason the church has now responded is because they got caught and the number of cases so overwhelming they couldn't cover the them up anymore. Remember the bishops didn't call the police (except one bishop) in Wisconsin and he was blown off by then Cardinal Benedict.) it was always the victims who reported these most disgusting crimes

,...You OK with that?

....Outside insurance who do you think is paying? You should be outraged.......... not doing comparisons to other religions
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2014

waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
there IS a loving and fair God who opened His Kingdom to all peoples of all nations! His only condition is that we believe/receive the testimony of His Son!
you've heard of Jesus The Christ, right?!
.....Were up you born a christian? I am sure people of all non christian beliefs follow what they were born into believe.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2014

Judged:

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
....Every diocese where there were molesting clergy resided a bishop that kept all quiet from inquiring parishioners and victims families. All around the world.
.....The abuse scandals created a huge black eye for the church. Loss of integrity, and trust. Ask young people today? The current scandal for the second time of the Vatican bank money laundering scandal ha been on the front burner for two years.

......Google.....Vatican bank money laundering..........Who can you trust today?

.......Sex scandals, money scandals........does it get any worse?

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2014

Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> Do you foam at the mouth 24/7....
When those of another church tell you that you are lying and that THEY are the ones loved by Jesus ... do "you" foam at the mouth???

I have no such religious nonsense to defend, so I am content to wait until I die.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2014

Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
...It won't be long before the Orthos and Catholics are throwing mud at each other. Get some popcorn sit back, relax and wait for the fireworks.
.....It always happens.
They have to put their buybulls to some sort of use, even if the use is nonsensical. After all, they wouldn't want them sitting on shelves collecting dust.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2014

waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
there IS a loving and fair God who opened His Kingdom to all peoples of all nations! His only condition is that we believe/receive the testimony of His Son!
you've heard of Jesus The Christ, right?!
.....I am sure Muslims would say......you've heard of Allah, right?

....If God wanted Christians only, and if God is the creator of all, God could have not allowed Muslims, Hindus, atheists, etc. To be born or exist. Right?

.....Why would a God create 12 Billion people to date to be born into dozens of religious beliefs, only to relegate the majority of them to this made up place called hell?

Christianity currently makes up 23% of the world population. 17% catholic.....

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2014

guest wrote:
I came out of the Catholic Church whose history of wars and inquisitions, terror & torture and murder ... I found distasteful.
-
Pulling away from that global juggernaut is one of the most 'balanced' things I have ever done.
-
-
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
So now in your new delusion you pick on Catholics as the evil ones and praise your choice of being a Protestant as a step in a holy direction.
That is not balance. That is simply jumping from on illusion to another that YOU deem is superior.
To find relative balance is to know that religion does not perform a makeover on humans. It simply tries to hide human nature in the scriptures of one or another "book" and pretend that the words in the book have purified human nature.
You refer to Catholics as vile and lost, and they return the "favor" to you.
And none of want to think any thoughts beyond your present mentalities.
-
-
I didn't say I joined a Protestant church, did I?
Those are YOUR words.
I said,(read it carefully)..."I came out of the Catholic Church whose history of wars and inquisitions, terror & torture and murder ... I found distasteful."
THIS WOULD MEAN that there is no way I would join a church that took part in wars, inquisitions, terror & torture and murder -- wouldn't it?
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2014

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
When those of another church tell you that you are lying and that THEY are the ones loved by Jesus ... do "you" foam at the mouth???
I have no such religious nonsense to defend, so I am content to wait until I die.
...(lol)!!

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2014

Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
....and by the most part it all has to do where in the world you were born by chance, that determines your God is better than their God.
If a Catholic or a Protestant was on a mission in a Muslim country, the Catholic and the Protestant would not be concentrating on belittling each other, because they would both be fully involved with converting Muslims to either Catholicism or Protestantism.

But in America, Catholics and Protestants tear at each other as evil deceivers. This thread is an example of that habit. The Christians are so busy belittling each other's religions, they barely mention Islam or Hinduism or Wicca, et cetera, as being offensive to "God."
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2014

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
....currently 155 million protestants in america. 68 million catholics. The stories of Catholic clergy abusers came up much more often than protestants, and catholic clergy in bunches of 25-35 were rounded up in many dioceses around america, and around the world.

....There was, or is, a perverted sexual sub culture within the catholic clergy and seminaries.

...,Catholic priest Father Donald Cozzens and other catholic clergy have often stated that there is a very high rate of homosexual catholic clergy compared to the general public.

Google....... Donald Cozzens gay clergy....
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2014

Judged:

Oh Ramen Noodle do you see why I said you got Mikey all excited again so he can spew about his obsession? How sad

From my post to you
Today their is noone who has done more to insitute change than the church, regardless of how it came about. In life in general most things are dealt with best when information is shared and things are made known to all. Hindsight is pure genius and even then the road ahead will not be perfect. Those who claim they have no problem or do nothing have fingers pointing right back and need to remove the log from their eye.

Like I said predictable as a step like little kids in a play yard.

"You only make change cuz of exposure" Well DUH!! Aren't most problems dealth with when they are brought out in the open and probed into?

"You paid blah blah? "Money only shows that a large church with wealth is a bigger target than some congregation who may already be in debt.

"You point to others to justify it." No you saying that doesnt make it so. However self rigtheousness and pointing fingers and excusing doing nothing by others enables the problem elewhere and helps noone except those who want to live in denial and pretend they really care by focusing on one organization and saying everyone who remains in it is evil and all will be good if everyone leaves and nothing short of that is satisfactory.

Blah blah blah.. I think Mike ought to focus on Candadian abuse elsewhere, but he is too busy reading that one letter he may have wrote years ago to a Bishop,, because he is the great hope for children everywhere. lol
Chess

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2014

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Slither back under your favorite rock...lying snake
More prattle from a proven thief.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2014

Ink wrote:
http://iamthewitness.com/liste ners/Jewish.child.molesters.th at.are.never.on.the.NEWS-WHY.h tm
Your only point is to divert any negativity away from your Catholic cult.

Ever since you started posting you have NEVER taken responsibility for any Catholic deception. Your training and your habit is to deflect away from your church and in turn pile blame on others.

It's a nasty habit.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2014

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
When did I say I believed that,?
If you believe that the god hears the prayers of others in other religions and answers them, then that would mean your religion is nothing to brag about ... RIGHT???

You know as well as I know that you believe the god is their for your service as a divine Catholic ... but he will turn his head away from those yucky heretics in other religions.

You DO believe heretics exist DON'T you!

Dumb-founded FOOL!!!

June VanDerMark wrote:

<quoted text>
Why do you believe that a god ignores all the prayers of all the other people in all the other religions ... yet hears your prayers???
WHY???
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2014

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Can I ask, like who?
...Come on back, in the day there were many man gods that people believed in and went to their graves believing....as man educated himself they became mythical. I am sure the way Christianity is going in the western world it too will one day be replaced with something else. Secularism is growing quickly in the educated world. Today the vast majority of catholics/Christians are poor uneducated peasants.

,.....catholicism in the USA only makes up 6% of the world catholics. Vast majority of catholics in our world are very poor.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2014

guest wrote:
-
ok then
so IF the Pope did NOT tell you to call him and all priests father ..... WHY OH WHY do you disobey Jesus the SON OF GOD?
I guess you can call that "good" ....guest
-
-
[QUOTE who="Regina"]
That's it? You've been bearing false witness against the Church Jesus founded for years on end and all that time have desecrated scripture, the very word of God, in an attempt to support that false witness. Your bigotry has not only become pathological but has taken on a life of it's own; it's organic. And all you can come up with is "ok then" when proven for the umpteenth time that you don't know what you're talking about?
I gave you at least three different links to very good articles explaining the correct interpretation of that passage, of what Christ was referring to, and why all the ancient Christian churches call their priests Father. You obviously didn't bother to read any of them. No wonder you keep repeating the same old errors over and over and over again. You don't care to educate yourself. Yet another reason why Christ left us His church, so that people such as yourself don't have to go wandering around in the dark anymore. Unless, of course, you choose to do so, which it appears you do.
Read. If you have any questions, ask us. Btw, the Pope is a priest, no need to say "pope and priests" since he is one. The word "pope" comes from the Latin "papa" and the Greek "pappas" meaning, well, Papa. It's a title of affection. The Coptic Orthodox also have a pope.
-
-
I know the pope is also a priest ... and I know pope stands for Papa or *Father*!

What I also know is that bestowing that title is in DIRECT OPPOSITION to the very words of Jesus ... yet they took the title anyway and they insist on being called father. I've read the links you sent; it all says the same thing. They always go in this round about way to excuse the use of Father for religious titles.
-
Here's one you need to answer.
-
Did Jesus tell you to NOT call your fleshly father by the title Father?
NO. He did not.
But as for SPIRITUAL FATHERS - YOU HAVE BUT ONE, AND HE IS IN HEAVEN .. so Jesus himself said.
And if ANYONE would kn ow, it would be him, wouldn't it?
-
But did you catch the innuendo there?
-
DO YOU REALIZE that when he said YOU HAVE *ONE* FATHER IN HEAVEN ....
.... he was excluding .... even himself.
-
-
NOT EVEN JESUS HIMSELF was arrogant enough to insist on taking the RELIGIOUS TITLE of FATHER.
-
not even for a second.
and YET
Catholic priests insist upon it - in DIRECT DEFIANCE of the very instruction of Jesus Christ.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2014

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't spoil her fun . She always tells you what what you believe, even if you don't.
And even when you DO!
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

Your words on the thread Catholic Church waging war on women and gays

Post # 221563 Page # 9701

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
According to your own Christian dogma, burning in the flames of hell is the punishment.

Ink’s response

That is probably true for truly evil people who hurt others without remorse or care.

Post # 218642 Page # 9558

Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you take the Bible so literally? We don't even know who wrote early scripture.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2014

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen..it's all in HIM , from.Him and through Him,
We liked by the Father, through the power of the,Holy Spirit to be long to the SON..
Using any qualifiers is tryin g to limit the power of God ....
HE MAY use a missionary, a Church, a book, a movie, mist especially He uses His Word, a tv minister, the STILL SMALL VOICE , to plant the,seed, make the call. He may pursue us for years, using people put in our path .....whatever He does, it's GODS work and not limited by any man run institution...
He also through the Spirit , I believe wholehsartedly, pursues those who have strayed.
The Shepherd will leave the 99 to find the lost sheep...the Father was running to meet the Prodigal..we cannot judge another or we again limit God's work ...
Maybe you should go to Iran on a mission to try to convert Muslims. That would be very thrilling for you ... as long as you didn't get raped and cut up by an Irate Muslim who places high value on the Mahdi as being the only savior coming to earth.

Preaching your gibberish on a forum is dull in comparison.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2014

Judged:

Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
"One of the biggest mistakes the church made was listening to psychologists and psychiatrists."
BS!
I suggest theologians would never believe others to be above them in the mental field of psychotherapy.

That would be an insult to those who believe they possess knowledge straight from on high.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2014

endtimesYTube wrote:
POPE Francis New Controversy --- BILLIONS to die.
http://youtu.be/bP__nMYqyjo
What a pile of POOP!

Martin Luther referred to pope Leo as the antichrist at the same time as pope Leo referred to Martin Luther as the antichrist.

You people never stop preaching stupidity.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••