Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 692026 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#537430 May 16, 2014
concerned in Brasil wrote:
<quoted text>
What is absurd is Rome declares Holy Tradition to be unanimous always taught by all early church fathers.
IT can't be most or some believed it, it has to be ALL according to your Sect.
Cyril taught against the supremacy of One Pope over all popes and that has been in the Eastern christian Church since day ONE.
Rome sets the standard and then never lives up to her own rules, and then when she gets caught changes the rules again.
BTW by what authority do you even post on this thread let alone challenge my Bionically and Historically correct posts LOL LOL ROFL what an arrogant little person you are.
Two posts and you've called me at least 4 names. Shining example you display.

By what authority do you discard the teachings of Luther and Calvin? It can't be the bible because they used it too. Do you think you're smarter and better educated?
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#537431 May 16, 2014
<quoted text>
What is absurd is Rome declares Holy Tradition to be unanimous always taught by all early church fathers.
IT can't be most or some believed it, it has to be ALL according to your Sect.
Cyril taught against the supremacy of One Pope over all popes and that has been in the Eastern christian Church since day ONE.
Rome sets the standard and then never lives up to her own rules, and then when she gets caught changes the rules again.
BTW by what authority do you even post on this thread let alone challenge my Bionically and Historically correct posts LOL LOL ROFL what an arrogant little person you are.
All of the ancient Churches teach the same regarding the Sacrifice of the Mass and the other sacraments. They all believe Mary is ever virgin and Theotokos. How can that be if Rome invented it all?

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#537433 May 16, 2014
catlik traydayshuns

2) 2 Thess. 2:15 “Therefore, brethren, stand fast and hold the traditions which you were taught, whether by word or our epistle.”

Both which were taught were the same that was written down. What traditions is Paul talking about? In v.5 Paul previously stated “ Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?” This Paul says he already taught them in person but now is writing it down. Consistent with the rest of the teachings, everything said was written down that would be used to have one practice their Christian relationship.

He was giving them and us in writing what he had previously taught. Which was about the man of sin, to provide further understanding clarifying any misconceptions they had, Since the epistle starts off with the church shaken up by a false letter or word they received that the resurrection already taking place and they thought they missed out. So presently he is elaborating on the details of the tribulation and the falling away.
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#537434 May 16, 2014
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Specious, you say?
"He left the USA to keep from being subpoenaed."
By whom? He had previously given evidence before two grand juries and been fully investigated by the state AG. He was never accused of breaking the law.
No, he was never accused of a crime, because that law was changed only after he failed to report the crimes.

It appears that you are saying he was morally right not to do so? Morals?

When he left, there were additional subpoenas in the works. Strange that he hasn't been back in 10 years, not even for a visit.

But we both may find out soon.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/sneed/18949144-4...

ramen
YTubeNews

Marietta, GA

#537435 May 16, 2014

1st BLOOD Moon (April 2014)--- ANTICHRIST (May)

Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#537436 May 16, 2014
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I "accept it" RE: the scandal. You haven't seen me state otherwise. Don't be like June and state a prefigured conclusion and use imaginary statements from others to buttress it. If you ask, I'll respond.
I know the teaching RE: little children.
I said "the Church" RE: the scandal a few posts ago.
"Hitler". Do you really want to go there?
C'mon.
OK, goodbye Hitler. Thank you for calling me on that. Not a good way to make my point.

Back to basics.

Why is it called the "faith" of Catholicism, instead of the "theory" of Catholicism?

ramen
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#537437 May 16, 2014
<quoted text>
93 CE
The book Jewish Antiquities by Josephus is published in Rome. It contains at least one reference to "James, the brother of Jesus called the Christ." Manuscripts surviving today also contain aa description of Jesus. But was this description present in the year 93?
c. 230-250
The Christian writer Origen cites Josephus' section on the death of James "the brother of Jesus" in Book 20 of the Antiquities; but states Josephus did not believe in Jesus, and does not cite the TF passage in Book 18.
c. 324
Eusebius quotes the TF in full, in the form that survives today in all manuscripts.
No Scholar today or past disputes that Josephus new Jesus existed and many fellow Jews believed him to be the Christ. Just Josephus did not.
It is in the earliest manuscript that survives today.
No one Scholar today disputes James the brother of Jesus is referenced in his writings which should give the RC's here whip lash as their necks come around as it is Clear Jesus had siblings and Mary was not ever virgin The Bible says so and so does all the historical evidence.
Only those in the Anti-Christioan Jesus movement dispute it and that on a non factual basis.
They just refuse to believe in Miracles.
The greatest historians past and present have Authenticated his writings.
Including Simon Greenleaf Dean and Professor of Harvard Law and the father of Modern day evidential law that the USA and Canada's and much of Europe's Juridical system derives precedent today.
Did Mary and Joseph give him the name Jesus?
Sherlayne

Blairstown, NJ

#537438 May 16, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
Is a soldier righteous when he kills to defend my freedom?
My answer ... "I don't give a rat's ass about that word righteous. I want the soldier to kill those that threaten my freedom."
Do you GET my drift???
Terminologies that stem from religion are sickening.
Holy is another sickening word that ought to nauseate readings rather than thrilling them and motivating idiots to preach.
June, know what gets me? Just what is a "blessing"? Just a good wish? I have no idea what a "blessing" supposedly does.
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#537439 May 16, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
Oops!!
Islam began only a couple of hundred years after the RCC was formalized.
Today, there are more practicing Muslims than practicing Catholics.
Someone did a terrible job in the salvation-of-mankind department.
Was it JC or the Church?
Or maybe the whole thing is a delusion -- except for my God?
ramen
If you say that your god is the only one that exists to love only you, others can't prove you wrong.

So I suggest the you are as correct in your assessment as others are in their assessments.

:)
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit.

W.C. Fields
Michael

Canada

#537440 May 16, 2014
<quoted text>
93 CE
The book Jewish Antiquities by Josephus is published in Rome. It contains at least one reference to "James, the brother of Jesus called the Christ." Manuscripts surviving today also contain aa description of Jesus. But was this description present in the year 93?
c. 230-250
The Christian writer Origen cites Josephus' section on the death of James "the brother of Jesus" in Book 20 of the Antiquities; but states Josephus did not believe in Jesus, and does not cite the TF passage in Book 18.
c. 324
Eusebius quotes the TF in full, in the form that survives today in all manuscripts.
No Scholar today or past disputes that Josephus new Jesus existed and many fellow Jews believed him to be the Christ. Just Josephus did not.
It is in the earliest manuscript that survives today.
No one Scholar today disputes James the brother of Jesus is referenced in his writings which should give the RC's here whip lash as their necks come around as it is Clear Jesus had siblings and Mary was not ever virgin The Bible says so and so does all the historical evidence.
Only those in the Anti-Christioan Jesus movement dispute it and that on a non factual basis.
They just refuse to believe in Miracles.
The greatest historians past and present have Authenticated his writings.
Including Simon Greenleaf Dean and Professor of Harvard Law and the father of Modern day evidential law that the USA and Canada's and much of Europe's Juridical system derives precedent today.
......Josephus wasnt born until 37 CE. 4 years after jesus is said to have died. He was not a contemporary historian...... BUSTED!

.........Josephus was a loyal Pharisaic Jew, could hardly have written this that he is the Christ.

... How could Josephus claim that Jesus had been the answer to his messianic hopes yet remain an orthodox Jew?......makes no sense!

The writings of Josephus were not kept in a public library or in a persons home...they were kept by the church and distributed. Therefore the churh could have made them say anything they wanted to.

........ There is no way he could have known about jesus from is own personal experience. At the most he could have recorded the activities of the new cult of Christianity and what they said about their crucified leader. Therefor he is not a credible source.

........The absurdity forces some apologists to make the ridiculous claim that Josephus was a closet Christian!

.....If Josephus really thought Jesus had been 'the Christ' surely he would have added more about him than one paragraph.

http://www.truthbeknown.com/josephus.htm
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#537441 May 16, 2014
Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
June, know what gets me? Just what is a "blessing"? Just a good wish? I have no idea what a "blessing" supposedly does.
A good wish is practically meaningless as it "simply" comes from self.

A blessing comes from GOD to the self and then out to others. So you see, a blessing has far more power in it to do either good or to do damage.

As an example ... many Christians after being totally angry at me for what I post state the words "God Bless you," at me ... but they know and I know that they really mean to say "I hope God curses you."

It's all written in a book somewhere or other. You just have to look real close to find that for which you are searching.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#537442 May 16, 2014
<quoted text>
Did Mary and Joseph give him the name Jesus?
Hahahahaha

Mary and Joseph were not the ones that took the Greek word Ihcuc and morphed it into the word Jesus.

I don't know about Joseph but Mary can be blamed for supporting Catholicism, but she can't be blamed for what the Catholics admit was their own idea.

Isn't it a bugger, when a mother didn't even name her own son???

Michael

Canada

#537443 May 16, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone of the authors of the bible was a sinner: Moses was a murderer, David was an adulterer and Paul said"I am the worst of sinners". If you want to judge by conduct then you better "throw out your bible" because (again) everyone who wrote it was a sinner. This only show how duplicitous, ridiculous and distorted bible only Protestants are in their ingrained anti- Catholic "confused and (messed up) thinking!....
Hojo says;......Everyone of the authors of the bible was a sinner: Moses was a murderer, David was an adulterer and Paul said"I am the worst of sinners".

Michael says.....Aren't they good enough examples to stay away from or disbelieve such people?

I am sure you don't associate with murderers or adulterers.........OR DO YOU??

.....something is terribly wrong HOJO!
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#537444 May 16, 2014
<quoted text>
Why is it called the "faith" of Catholicism, instead of the "theory" of Catholicism?
ramen
OH OH ... you might get them thinking beyond their preaching yet ... if you and Ramen keep prodding and poking and nudging and joking.

Michael

Canada

#537445 May 16, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
They don't WANT to see that Jesus was a forgery. They do however want to see that all of the other savior-myths WERE forgeries.
They need Jesus to believe they will be saved from God's wrath in a hereafter.
Religion is pathetic!
All the previous Saviors who performed the same miracles, used the same concepts, customs and core rituals as Jesus were mythical.

But christians know that Jesus was the real deal.

UNBELIEVABLE!
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#537446 May 16, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
All of the ancient Churches teach the same regarding the Sacrifice of the Mass and the other sacraments. They all believe Mary is ever virgin and Theotokos. How can that be if Rome invented it all?
By the way master of supposed truth ... Did Mary convert to Catholicism before Jesus, or after Jesus?

Being a woman, I suggest that the theology concerning Mary's conversion, didn't much matter to the Catholic theologians. Jesus was their prime target.

If they could make Jesus seem real, they could make the big time to the stage of religion, and not have to share the limelight with any of those yucky Jews that never had the Judaism washed out of them as did Jesus.

Sarcasm intended
LTM

Pembroke, Canada

#537447 May 16, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW, by what authority do you declare these bullet points as "absurd" when in fact most of them are clearly scriptural and described as such by many of the Church fathers? Are you like Confrinting and preston who think the fathers were kooks and you have a superior understanding of scripture?
So now you rest true on the scriptures, how convenient Anthony are you becoming " sola scriptura" or just when it suits your purpose.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#537448 May 16, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Two posts and you've called me at least 4 names. Shining example you display.
By what authority do you discard the teachings of Luther and Calvin? It can't be the bible because they used it too. Do you think you're smarter and better educated?
Why did you never correct hojo for all the nasty names he called the Protestants?

You right-fighting fools don' t want to learn anything new. You just keep on defending your own personalized cults with the same regurgitated stupidity.
LTM

Pembroke, Canada

#537449 May 16, 2014
"Why is sola fide important?"

Answer: Sola fide which means "faith alone" is important because it is one of the distinguishing characteristics or key points that separate the true biblical Gospel from false gospels. At stake is the very Gospel itself and it is therefore a matter of eternal life or death. Getting the Gospel right is of such importance that the Apostle Paul would write in Galatians 1:9,“As we have already said, so now I say again: If anybody is preaching to you a gospel other than what you accepted, let him be eternally condemned!” Paul was addressing the same question that sola fide addresses—on what basis is man declared by God to be justified? Is it by faith alone or by faith combined with works? Paul makes it clear in Galatians and Romans that man is “justified by faith in Christ and not by observing the law”(Galatians 2:16), and the rest of the Bible concurs.

Sola fide is one of the five solas that came to define and summarize the key issues of the Protestant Reformation. Each of these Latin phrases represents a key area of doctrine that was an issue of contention between the Reformers and the Roman Catholic Church, and today they still serve to summarize key doctrines essential to the Gospel and to Christian life and practice. The Latin word sola means “alone” or “only” and the essential Christian doctrines represented by these five Latin phrases accurately summarize the biblical teaching on these crucial subjects: sola scriptura—Scripture alone, sola fide—faith alone, sola gratia—grace alone, sola Christus—Christ alone, and sola Deo gloria—for the glory of God alone. Each one is vitally important, and they are all closely tied together. Deviation from one will lead to error in another essential doctrine, and the result will almost always be a false gospel which is powerless to save.

cont
LTM

Pembroke, Canada

#537450 May 16, 2014
Cont
Sola fide or faith alone is a key point of difference between not only Protestants and Catholics but between biblical Christianity and almost all other religions and teachings. The teaching that we are declared righteous by God (justified) on the basis of our faith alone and not by works is a key doctrine of the Bible and a line that divides most cults from biblical Christianity. While most religions and cults teach men what works they must do to be saved, the Bible teaches that we are not saved by works, but by God’s grace through His gift of faith (Ephesians 2:8-9). Biblical Christianity is distinct from every other religion in that it is centered on what God has accomplished through Christ’s finished work, while all other religions are based on human achievement. If we abandon the doctrine of justification by faith, we abandon the only way of salvation.“Now when a man works, his wages are not credited to him as a gift, but as an obligation. However, to the man who does not work but trusts God who justifies the wicked, his faith is credited as righteousness" (Romans 4:4-5). The Bible teaches that those that trust Jesus Christ for justification by faith alone are imputed with His righteousness (2 Corinthians 5:21), while those who try to establish their own righteousness or mix faith with works will receive the punishment due to all who fall short of God’s perfect standard.

Sola fide—the doctrine of justification by faith alone apart from works—is simply recognizing what is taught over and over in Scripture—that at some point in time God declares ungodly sinners righteous by imputing Christ’s righteousness to them (Romans 4:5, 5:8, 5:19). This happens apart from any works and before the individual actually begins to become righteous. This is an important distinction between Catholic theology that teaches righteous works are meritorious towards salvation and Protestant theology that affirms the biblical teaching that righteous works are the result and evidence of a born-again person who has been justified by God and regenerated by the power of the Holy Spirit.

How important is sola fide? It is so important to the Gospel message and a biblical understanding of salvation that Martin Luther described it as being “the article with and by which the church stands.” Those who reject sola fide reject the only Gospel that can save them and by necessity embrace a false gospel. That is why Paul so adamantly denounces those who taught law-keeping or other works of righteousness in Galatians 1:9 and other passages. Yet today this important biblical doctrine is once again under attack. Too often sola fide is relegated to secondary importance instead of being recognized as an essential doctrine of Christianity, which it certainly is.

cont

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope urges compassion from politicians who fan ... Tue Frindly 4
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Dec 4 Mr Sir 10,694
News Pope Francis is greeted by young children in tr... Nov 27 TRUE CATHOLIC her... 1
News John Paul I Closer to Sainthood as Book Debunks... Nov '17 South Knox Hombre 1
News Vatican backs Obama as Nobel Peace Prize Winner (Oct '09) Nov '17 Feeling Abandoned 37
News Pope Francis to stop off in Cuba on way to Unit... (Apr '15) Nov '17 whirlignmerc 11
News War, religion and tolerance Oct '17 The Bible Student 1
More from around the web