Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 646524 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#537233 May 15, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
.....ya!... If you were only 15 again. Remember June is in late 70s.
..... Seriously, I would pay $100 to have June show up at your house in her PJs. And her Perry Como records....... I would pay $200.
So she is in her later 70s??? And?? My mother in law is 95 and we still chit chat like high school friends.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#537234 May 15, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you, Seraphima and Jesus have any of those wonderful blessings direct from God left over for the Muslims ... or are such divine blessings in short supply???
:)
Are you so jealous of Confrontings Blessings towards me?? Seek and YOU shall receive.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#537235 May 15, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
Whoever started religion owes a huge debt to society.
Religion created scenarios where dumb humans became even dumber through radical insane behaviors in the quest to avoid hells in supposed hereafters.
Imagine supposed educated humans reading in a book that heretics were real and very offensive to gods ... and the humans believing such nonsense to the point of torturing and killing each other.
And we think other animals are DUMB! I suggest they have a long way to go to catch up to human stupidity. A very long way to go ... in deed!
YOU SAY IT IS DUMB TO TRUST IN ONE THAT HAS ALL POWER IN HEAVEN AND EARTH.KEEPS HIS WORD.

ONE THAT HAS PROVEN HIS WORD THAT SAYS...

.Rom 8:31 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?

Rom 8:32 He that spared not his own Son,

but delivered him up for us all,

how shall he not with him also freely give us all things?

AND AGAIN

2Pe 1:1 Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ:

2Pe 1:2 Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord,

NOTE
2Pe 1:3 According as his divine power

hath given unto us all things

that pertain unto life and godliness,

through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:

2Pe 1:4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

YOU CAME 80 YEARS TO LATE TO SPOUT YOUR IGNORANCE...

I HAVE BEEN A RECIPITANT OF THE FULFILLMENT OF HIS PRECIOUS PROMISES ALL MY LIFE.

EVEN TO DAY .... EACH BREATH HE GIVES ME.....I AM ENJOYING HEALTH HE HE HAS PROVIDED...

You are a miserable loser ...

I am enjoying abundant life ....

You must be wearing a clown suit....

that you would expect me to trade my life for your misery.
Michael

Canada

#537236 May 15, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> call it what you want. It still smells like poop to me.
.....I don't think June wants to come to your house if there is a foul odor lingering.
Dan

United States

#537237 May 15, 2014
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
<quoted text>
-
Dan: "Your argument expects us to believe that the Catholic Church compiled the canon of scripture (The Bible), protected it, and then rejected it."
-
The Catholic church DID NOT PROTECT the Bible. HOLY SPIRIT did.
-
How do we know this for certainty?
-
EVEN THOUGH the RCC tortured and murdered people for possessing a copy of the Bible, they, themselves, were terrified of its power and so never even made an attempt to completely destroy it.
-
Um, the Holy Spirit helped the Church compile the Bible.

But, according to you, the Church wanted to destroy it, but couldn't work up the nerve.

Makes sense. If you're GIF.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#537238 May 15, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
It is an "absolute necessity" for bible only fundamentalists as well as other Protestants to use "anti-catholic prejudicial obstinence" against the Theological TRUTH of the Catholic Churches and the TRUE teachings of Jesus (the TRUE Word of a God ---aTRUTH that "not changed for over 2000 years ...... It is the ONLY way, the ONLY desperate hope they have ,ONLY "grasping for straws" creating their (own) modern day NEW interpretation of the bible that most "die heart" bible only believers MUST PLAY in order to " sustain and support" their half-truth (bible mis-quoting ) sola scriptural beliefs that have no biblical or historical truth to "back up" it's 18th century " man-made" beliefs !!!
That at have been your experience....it was not so in the,Church, Baptist,where I was a member..that's fact...

I have,never even met Catholics,like some on here ....but I understand that is the whole argument of the forum ..debating the premise your Church is the,one true, etc.

But to say the FAITH of non Catholics depends on being Anti Catholic , is just NOT TRUE..though I have no idea from your posts what kind,of Church you were at...ITS a subject rife with disagreement ...as are many on Topix...that's why it's here and alive for years.
A Topix forum has,nothing to do with GOD....though if He is aware of the insults and animosity between brothers and sisters, I doubt He is,pleased..

Our faith is based on LOVE OF AND FAITH IN JESUS CHRIST AS SAVIOUR..
as I said in last post...we stand before Christ covered ONLY in His,BLOOD...with no regard to any denomination we,may be in ,nor in comparison to anyone else's....AND WE KNOW THAT .

You say you spent many years,listening to anti Catholic sentiment...WHY??? If that was their preaching, why did you stay..??? God does NOT compare us . We ALONE are before Him in our Hearts....

You are certainly free to post as you like but you keep repeating a false premise, with regard to the rest of us...

Do some preachers here post against your Church, yes.....do you really think they spent their decades in the pulpit preaching against Catholics, I sincerely doubt it as they seem to know scripture quite well and in most faiths,I've seen, the sermons have to do with GODS LOVE and our Sin...I don't even hear the word Catholic from the TV preachers,I've heard.

So if your former Church spent years preaching to you against the Catholic Church , it's probably good that you left. As it seems they wasted a lot of effort NOT TALKIN G about Jesus and His,Sacrifice ..

Peace

Peace,
Michael

Canada

#537239 May 15, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> So she is in her later 70s??? And?? My mother in law is 95 and we still chit chat like high school friends.
...Just wanted to make sure you had an Acorn chair lift if she has to hike any stairs, that's all.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#537240 May 15, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> wrong....I never hide my Bible. It sits in open view on my worship table with my icons of Jesus, Theotokos, and a few Saints above. Also on the table are those that I have loved and have passed on.This is my corner of prayer. I would never allow you in front of my icon corner in fear that you would burst into flames and then my home owners insurance would go up. Plus I have the first 500 bucks deductible.
Lol you're too much.
hojo

Waconia, MN

#537241 May 15, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
OH NOW hojo ... you KNOW that if you believed God paid attention to the prayers of Protestants ... you would still be a Protestant ... as there would be no advantage whatsoever to have joined up with the Catholics.
You KNOW the is true, you little snake in the grass.
Your atheistic "jabs" at mine or anyone else's Christian beliefs only shows the continued "arragont egotistical opinions" that you so "desperately need" in order for you to protect and "hang on to" your "nothingness beliefs" that separate you from the TRUTH of the faith and salvation in Jesus Christ.......I would still be a "half-truth bible only Christian were it not for prayer, discernment, and openness to the extensive studying of 1500 years of the TRUTH of TRUE Church History prior to the Reformation, regarding Jesus Christ and H isOne True Apostolic Catholic Church----------which is --in fact--the FULLNESS of the Faith and TRUTH...

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#537242 May 15, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
By the way how is Jesus doing in your camp as you steer his mentality day by day to fit YOUR will???
Have you yet convinced him that religion is a yucky word as the two of you fly on high while you hang on to Jesus' shroud???
He's busy rolling us a Joint right now, I'll ask him how he's doing after we get done burning one.:)
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#537243 May 15, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
so you're comfortable with the idea of spending eternity in torment in the molten center of the earth as an opposer of the Gospel of Jesus Christ?! interesting........
An interesting Bronze Age concept.

That's OK, my God is not an insane, homicidal maniac, who creates people knowing at the time they are created that they will be tortured for eternity.

My God is not filled with the weak emotions of a schoolyard bully.

My God is greater than that.

But we do agree that the earth is 6732 years old.

ramen
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#537244 May 15, 2014
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
<quoted text>
-
-breathe:hahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahaha
-
breathe:hahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahaha
-
breathe:hahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahaha
-
-
laughing at you is good exercise.
Another poster owned and controlled by the power of June.

ramen
Michael

Canada

#537245 May 15, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Your atheistic "jabs" at mine or anyone else's Christian beliefs only shows the continued "arragont egotistical opinions" that you so "desperately need" in order for you to protect and "hang on to" your "nothingness beliefs" that separate you from the TRUTH of the faith and salvation in Jesus Christ.......I would still be a "half-truth bible only Christian were it not for prayer, discernment, and openness to the extensive studying of 1500 years of the TRUTH of TRUE Church History prior to the Reformation, regarding Jesus Christ and H isOne True Apostolic Catholic Church---------which is --in fact--the FULLNESS of the Faith and TRUTH...
,......says you! Others disagree. Your opinion, my opinion, someone else's opinion......we all have opinions.
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#537246 May 15, 2014
Not all RC catholics are in denial.

http://ncronline.org/news/accountability/reco...
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#537247 May 15, 2014
Seems to me that decades of child abuse and cover-up is God's way of saying "the Orthodox Church is the true Church. The Roman Church is defective."

ramen

“GOD SO LOVED US”

#537248 May 15, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
...(lol).Ya! But you keep coming back in your bare feet stepping into it.
....If you really don't like a poster why do you keep responding? Are you here for the theatrics?
Unbelievable!
You know Sera was the first one here to try to defend actual slander aimed at you..

Why so belligerent ...

Baiting to watch a fight??

Still say you judge God by the actions of clergy...He still loves you Michael..and at the end of the journey , whatever wrongs were done BY anyone else, will not make a whit of difference to you..
JESUS does not compare nor pit one against the other...

His scales of Justice are Only for you....and me and each individual .....not any Church or person you dislike
Michael

Canada

#537249 May 15, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> Did you know that the first mention of Sin is applied to Cain?
Genesis 4: 7
Sin lieth at the Door.
God just didn't refuse Cain's offering, but Cain himself
God cursed Adam in that the ground would not bear her fruits, Cain was a farmer, which would have directly Impacted him because of Adams curse.
....I don't believe any of it..........Then!

...The great Flood story. If you believe it.

....,,,, God decides to drown all the wicked on earth that just happens to be everyone except Noah and his family. Can you believe that?.........what? No one else had a boat?

.....God drowns women and children and many unborn embryo and fetuses they were carrying. Why? What did the unborn/do wrong? Does God favor abortion?

.......,, In the OT God is the all punishing God. Inspired words from OT state Jews are the chosen people..........then along comes the NT, and God now becomes an all loving God. Does that mean God is evolving?

United States

#537250 May 15, 2014
guest wrote:
-
Dan: "Your argument expects us to believe that the Catholic Church compiled the canon of scripture (The Bible), protected it, and then rejected it."
-
The Catholic church DID NOT PROTECT the Bible. HOLY SPIRIT did.
-
How do we know this for certainty?
-
EVEN THOUGH the RCC tortured and murdered people for possessing a copy of the Bible, they, themselves, were terrified of its power and so never even made an attempt to completely destroy it.
-
-
Dan wrote:
But, according to you, the Church wanted to destroy it, but couldn't work up the nerve.
-
-
What is GIF?
-
Holy Spirit protected the Bible FROM the church. That is why we have copies to this day. The Gates of Hell were not able to destroy it or keep it hidden from the masses - though the Catholic Church tried.
-
From a Catholic POV, murder and torture is fair punishment for even owning a Bible.
And yes, that all makes sense ... if you are blood-thirsty.
-
Michael

Canada

#537251 May 15, 2014
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
,.,,Let me see. The holy spirit (God) inspired the writers to write the bible with words of God. Decades go by, these books mysteriously all disappear collectively.

.....,,Over 2 centuries later they all miraculously reappear and only on the doorstep of the newly formed catholic church. The church leaders decide the writings to be inspired a second time where many original inspired writings by God are burned and discarded and only a few select writings inspired by God for the second time make it, to fit the agenda of the early church leaders.

.,......Makes no common sense that mant original inspired words of God didn't make the grade.

.......something is terribly wrong!

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#537252 May 15, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
so you're comfortable with the idea of spending eternity in torment in the molten center of the earth as an opposer of the Gospel of Jesus Christ?! interesting........
Are YOU comfortable with the idea of spending eternity in torment in the molten center of the earth as an opposer of the Muslim's savior "the Mahdi," who is certain to come to earth any time now and save only devout Muslims???

Since the beginning of religion there were saviors coming to earth ... and places of torment for those who didn't place complete faith in the saviors taught with the religions by the crafty theologians.

One tale was just as silly as the next tale and the next and the next.

You just happened to fall head over heels in love with the Christian tale that suits your "fancy" ... and you want everyone else to join in on your festivities.

It ain't gonna happen. Religion was and is meant to divide members of cults into right-fighting territorial beasts of prey.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jun 24 Crazy 10,159
News John Paul II College of Davao (Dec '07) Jun 20 tine 673
News Milwaukee Rising: Looking for the city's most u... Jun 20 Tom 2
News Pope names new papal nuncio to the United States Jun 1 Michael 7
News Pope's zero tolerance for pedophiles faces test... (Mar '15) May 27 Gods r Delusions ... 4
News Pope Francis eases way for divorced Catholics w... May '16 truth 54
News Pope Francis meets top Sunni cleric May '16 Bullet Proof Pope 1
More from around the web