Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 596039 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#536776 May 13, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> Good morning my favorite Atheist :)
Good morning.

I suggest you should try to be more "loving" as is Confrinting with the word. Now THERE is a REAL Christian. He knows exacting what "Jesus" has in mind.

Hahahahaha

United States

#536777 May 13, 2014
Dan wrote:
"do you think that when ordering torture and mass murder that the pope was *fallible*?"
Um, no one claimed infallibility on that.
If you don't understand the concept, you can ask me if he was "infallible" when he picked Denver over Seattle in last year's Super Bowl.
-
-
guest wrote:
I am sure that "during the day" very few DARED question the pope.
-
they feared for their lives.
-
Oh, I understand the concept.
-
And MY bet goes with Jesus ... rather than the Pope. Jesus is the guaranteed win.
-
-
You see, Dan ... after suffering through SOOOOOO many screw-ups, the Vatican had to 'invent' this concept of Papal Infallibility to explain away and excuse how badly they have screwed up.
-
Papal Infallibility is just the Popes way of saying, "I know popes screw up. But, so what? We just don't want anyone to challenge us on that."
-
Yeah ... they invented this concept to say, in effect, "even when we royally screw-up ... it's not REALLY a screw-up."

Prince George, Canada

#536778 May 13, 2014
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
"do you think that when ordering torture and mass murder that the pope was *fallible*?"
Um, no one claimed infallibility on that.
If you don't understand the concept, you can ask me if he was "infallible" when he picked Denver over Seattle in last year's Super Bowl.
Popes are mortal human animals that all too often grow huge egos.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

"Ex cathedra" refers to the explicative authority, notably the extremely rarely used procedure required for a papal declaration to be 'infallible' under Roman Catholic Canon law.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Throne
Dan

United States

#536779 May 13, 2014
concerned in Brasil wrote:
<quoted text>
The real question that every RC needs to answer would God via the Holy Spirit for over 400+ years pick 42 so called Apostles vicars of Christ on Earth as his earthly representive that all believed torture and summary execution was OK for conversion and making heretics recant to be the head of his Church.
And if you answer yes then you just tested positive for being totally out your mind and nuts
Maltreatment of heretics was never part of Church doctrine.

It may have been allowed by an annoucement from one or more Popes, but it was never Church doctrine.

Bad acts in God's name isn't exclusive province of the Catholic Church. See Luther's writings on the Jewish people, fpor example, and how that played out in 1930's Germany.

Prince George, Canada

#536780 May 13, 2014
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
<quoted text>
-
-
-
-
-
And MY bet goes with Jesus ... rather than the Pope. Jesus is the guaranteed win.
The Protestants were also terrified of their theologians who had all the power and used it if they thought for a moment that the sheep stepped out of line.

If you study in a fair manner, you will learn to better "balance" your ACT.
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#536781 May 13, 2014
The Catholic Church invented fig newtons.

ramen
Dan

United States

#536782 May 13, 2014
concerned in Brasil wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL RofL You are a true Pharisee. LOL
Judge you would say he only stabbed her and said as much but he never said he killed her like that matters.
Judge you would say he did admit that he poured gas on the house with women an children in it and lite the fire, but he did not say he Burned the house down it was the fire.
Your honor my client did not kill the victim you would say it was the bullet that lepta out of the gun he was holding, he never said he shot the victim.
Again
Here once again is the RCC and its RC members shell game.
So when any apostle in the Bible sent a letter and Epistle with instructions saying this is how to practice Christianity, this is how one is saved it was regarded as dogma. This was because the Apostle was and Apostle i.e. and envoy or messenger of God no less.
So Advent states that the Bull and Decree from Innocent the 3rd was an Apostolic Letter in which he instructs a new sect of Priests how to convert non believers or make heretics recant via torture, summary executions and confiscation of money and property.
So now because the word dogma is not used you what to shuck and dive out of the implications of the words used on Advent but if you do you shuck and dive your way out of the meaning of the words then you also shuck and dive out of the explicit teachings of the Bible and thus render yourself non christian and anti-Jesus.
If you truly believe the above Spew you are truly full of evil
I'm an "evil Pharisee" because I called you out on your faulty argument?

Just work harder to formulate a cogent argument with actual support, and you won't have to worry about how to use "shucking and jiving" correctly in a sentence.
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#536783 May 13, 2014
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
"Because in the Middle ages all Big Bull's issued by a Pope and decreed (meaning announced to all) were considered the word of God..."
False premise.
They're just yanking your chain.

They can, because no one knew which Bulls or decrees were infallible and which were not.

It's so convoluted that the catechism is bigger than the Bible itself.

Which begs the question -- if the Bible was given to us by the CC as the "clear word of God," -- why?

Peace and ramen

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#536784 May 13, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning.
I suggest you should try to be more "loving" as is Confrinting with the word. Now THERE is a REAL Christian. He knows exacting what "Jesus" has in mind.
Hahahahaha
I Hate no one June. I accept people for who they are and what they believe. Acceptance is the key In knowing that we have no control over other peoples actions. I like you a lot June, even tho I get smart as$ with you sometime..:)
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#536785 May 13, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Believe what you want!!! Makes " no difference" to me or ANY other Catholic on his forum ---Nor ANY of the other 1.2 billion Catholics around the world that follow, believe, worship and adhere to the TRUE a Gospel of Jesus Christ and the Fullness of the TRUE faith and salvation in Jesus Christ in and through His Historically and biblically PROVEN one TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church,. NOR does it change the TRUTH of over 2000 years of the TRUTH of TRUE Church History..,. You my friend "can do and say (what you want) right along with the rest of your other 42,000 other self-appointed bible interpreting "paper popes" who don't agree with you OR each other.either!.........End of discussion!!!.......Hope it works out for you!!!!
....Hojo says. Believe what you want makes no difference to me. End of discussion.

...Michael says....if it makes no difference to you why do you continually post the same fire/brimstone crap to posters?.

....,you said end of discussion!!!!......yet you continue posting and discussing.

.....do you really know what you are doing?
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#536786 May 13, 2014
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
It may have been allowed by an annoucement from one or more Popes, but it was never Church doctrine.
Bad acts in God's name isn't exclusive province of the Catholic Church. See Luther's writings on the Jewish people, fpor example, and how that played out in 1930's Germany.
Per your supposed god, which count more?

Words, or deeds?

ramen
concerned in Brasil

Europe

#536787 May 13, 2014
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it was doctrine clearly it was as it was issued by a Papal bull and Decree

Lets revisit the definition that all sane men and women recognize

Doctrine and or Dogma take your pick same word different languages

A principle or body of principles presented for acceptance or belief, as by a religious, political, scientific, or philosophic group; dogma.
A rule or principle of law, especially when established by precedent.
A statement of official government policy, especially in foreign affairs and military strategy.
Archaic Something taught; a teaching.

42 two Popes not One or two as you try to deceitful portray via Papal bull and Decree in what even New Advent admits was a Apostolic letter to all of Romes Dioceses that Inquisition was now instituted and official Church teaching to be administrated by a newly formed branch of Priests no less and official Pope approved manuals issued on how to torture were issued again reaffirmed by 41 popes after the fact.

In which Torture Summary executions confiscation of money and property were normative church teaching and practice for over 400+ years all in the name of Jesus to convert non believers and to make heretics to recant and with out any doubt millions upon millions executed and even more Millions who were tortured and had their wealth confiscated.

AGAIN IT WAS NOT ALLOWED BY 42 POPES IT WAS INSTITUTED BY 42 POPES AND THEY AFFIRMED AND CONDONED AND PROMOTED ITS USE.

Get your head out of the sand and repent while you have the opportunity.

United States

#536788 May 13, 2014
guest wrote:
-
-
-
-
-
June VanDerMark wrote:
The Protestants were also terrified of their theologians who had all the power and used it if they thought for a moment that the sheep stepped out of line.
If you study in a fair manner, you will learn to better "balance" your ACT.
-
-
I came out of the Catholic Church whose history of wars and inquisitions, terror & torture and murder ... I found distasteful.
-
Pulling away from that global juggernaut is one of the most 'balanced' things I have ever done.
concerned in Brasil

Europe

#536789 May 13, 2014
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm an "evil Pharisee" because I called you out on your faulty argument?
Just work harder to formulate a cogent argument with actual support, and you won't have to worry about how to use "shucking and jiving" correctly in a sentence.
No you are a pharisee because you argue against that which you know is true.

No need to work harder, you don't even attempt to refute what I post you just keep going around in circles playing the name game and character assassination game.

Typical tactics of one who has no case oh and is evil
hojo

Chanhassen, MN

#536790 May 13, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
....Hojo says. Believe what you want makes no difference to me. End of discussion.
...Michael says....if it makes no difference to you why do you continually post the same fire/brimstone crap to posters?
?
Because the "same TRUTH" regarding Jesus Christ and His historically and biblically proven One True Apostolic Catholic Church is the " ONLY THING that needs to be repeated over and over again----in which it might "just miraculously---or "just possibly" --MAY SINK INTO ---
the anti-catholic minds, hearts and souls of those who have been "blinded" from the Fullness of the faith and the Fullness of the Truth that only revealed in Jesus Christ-(in and through). his One True Apostolic a Catholic Church!!---Any additional discussion and debate on these TRUTHS are a " waist of time"!!!!
truth

Perth, Australia

#536792 May 13, 2014
you must be shik miclo
shik=meaning
otmjen=outward appiering
its not mean smart just appiering
miclo cyclo=poem
cyclop=one eye
one eye=pyramide=your modern way to be smart
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooo
see clean
why word clean
now you are chata with data
my pronaucment
bata=brother to whom not meeeeeeeeeeeeee
see fato gato hat.o 'hat'' why hat=appiering as shik=otmjen=nice appiering
jato=drustven=many around in all aspect kato=as you say cut end discussion.
mato=methew bible
nato pato qato rato sato tato v w x y z zato=otazc

methew= 123456789101112131415161718192 0212223242526
a=1 b=2 b-z
hat=gospodin=otmjen=outside appearing
see
everything can be describe very easy and find who how where why for what/
very easy
pronouncement
poems
humor
fiction in reality exist what as describe exist

very easy describe and find all of you
just nice chat
chat chato are two deference word
does metter
pronaucment is deferent
meaning=perfection to find

i am fine
not to much cooffe now
i sleep very well
i think as child jolly
i always think i am not old
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Why I don't know?

Why you against Jesus Christ?
Matthew 14
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#536793 May 13, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Because the "same TRUTH" regarding Jesus Christ and His historically and biblically proven One True Apostolic Catholic Church is the " ONLY THING that needs to be repeated over and over again----in which it might "just miraculously---or "just possibly" --MAY SINK INTO ---
the anti-catholic minds, hearts and souls of those who have been "blinded" from the Fullness of the faith and the Fullness of the Truth that only revealed in Jesus Christ-(in and through). his One True Apostolic a Catholic Church!!---Any additional discussion and debate on these TRUTHS are a " waist of time"!!!!
It seems he was asking -- with all that FULLNESS, what compels you to answer repetitively on an anonymous message board?

For someone with such FULLNESS and KNOWLEDGE of God, aren't there other things you could be doing on earth to serve mankind, until you take your place in Heaven?

Surely there must be a greater mission for one like yourself?

ramen

United States

#536794 May 13, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
Fullness of the Faith, is just that. FULLNESS of the Faith. Not simply a verse taken out of context to justify aggression and torture and murder.
-
Fullness of the Faith is a belief in Jesus as the final authority on Christianity. Not the fallible pope.
Jesus would have never sanctioned torture and murder as a means to convert one to the truth.

United States

#536796 May 13, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
And BTW, hojo, the TRUTH regarding Jesus Christ ... is that you gotta STOP calling him a LIAR.
-
You call him a liar when you usurp HIS authority in favor of the Pope!
-
Starting with, Matt 23:9, "Call No Man Your Father."
truth

Perth, Australia

#536797 May 13, 2014
When you call you say hello!!!
When you see quail eggs as stars..

poem

as light from sky
its as art in night
from light on map
stay hello=as tel=as talk
in country where is a symbol stork
..scotlandeeeeeee
from where?=\=which direction is that
see parallel \\\\\\\\\\map
do you liked clean or swip off rubbish
whoooooooooo
not me
i never sweepttakeroneeeee
i am not gamble

now miclo you are not only shik
can be hik too
Are you liked drink to much?
hak hek hik hok huk
ak ek ik ok uk

Please don't judge!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Thu Mr Sir 9,528
News James Inhofe to Pope Francis: Shut up with your... Tue 2all 42
News Milwaukee Art Museum's embrace of condom portra... Jun 29 The Anti- Islamist 1
News Pope's Leaked Encyclical on Climate Change Has ... Jun 26 Buybull Mullahs 6
News Global warming deniers unimpressed with pope's ... Jun 26 Earthling-1 118
News Pope urges revolution to save Earth, fix 'perve... Jun 25 Sterkfontein Swar... 30
News Delamaide: Pope joins bank critics Jun 23 Eleanor 1
More from around the web