Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 703574 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

truth

Australia

#537152 May 15, 2014
Isa 11
if not understood its ok
truth

Australia

#537153 May 15, 2014
accusers is accusers
catholic church explain what is temptation

its ok
if you can't understood
or don't wanted understand

good people will understood

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#537154 May 15, 2014
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Shows how little you know cause I don't walk in darkness. I just bought a new flashlight and it works very well.
~~~

The light of the world is not powered by batteries..

The Bible says

Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and

the Word was with God, and

the Word was God.

Joh 1:2 The same was in the beginning with God.

Joh 1:3 All things were made by him; and

without him was not any thing made

that was made.

NOTE
Joh 1:4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

#537155 May 15, 2014
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Why don't you go tell it on the mountain,over the hills and everywhere,lol.
~~~

I DON'T EAT MY PHYSICAL FOOD FROM A FILTHY DISH

neither do I DESIRE TO get my SPIRITUAL FOOD from an unclean vessel ...it is repulsive.

If you won't strive to LIVE THE GOSPEL..... by example....then don't waste your time attempting to teach it....

THERE WILL BE NO ANOINTING (. Divine or sanctifying grace. 1 John 1.)
BEHIND/WITH IT..
hojo

Waconia, MN

#537156 May 15, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Christians called the Apostles and their disciples "father".
You read our Scriptures using your 20th century mindset and decided to undo this.
Christians gathered together on the Lords day, Sunday, and celebrated Mass- keeping all day Sunday, holy. Saturday is no longer binding for the Christian. This is what was taught by Jesus Christ thru His Apostles.
You read our Scriptures and changed it BACK to Saturday. Then you made up lies, claiming the Roman Catholic Church changed to Sunday to worship the Sun.
So whats this really about? Divorce? Past sins? Something else besides sound theology is making you a bigot.
It is an "absolute necessity" for bible only fundamentalists as well as other Protestants to use "anti-catholic prejudicial obstinence" against the Theological TRUTH of the Catholic Churches and the TRUE teachings of Jesus (the TRUE Word of a God ---aTRUTH that "not changed for over 2000 years ...... It is the ONLY way, the ONLY desperate hope they have ,ONLY "grasping for straws" creating their (own) modern day NEW interpretation of the bible that most "die heart" bible only believers MUST PLAY in order to " sustain and support" their half-truth (bible mis-quoting ) sola scriptural beliefs that have no biblical or historical truth to "back up" it's 18th century " man-made" beliefs !!!

#537157 May 15, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
It is an "absolute necessity" for bible only fundamentalists as well as other Protestants to use "anti-catholic prejudicial obstinence" against the Theological TRUTH of the Catholic Churches and the TRUE teachings of Jesus (the TRUE Word of a God ---aTRUTH that "not changed for over 2000 years ...... It is the ONLY way, the ONLY desperate hope they have ,ONLY "grasping for straws" creating their (own) modern day NEW interpretation of the bible that most "die heart" bible only believers MUST PLAY in order to " sustain and support" their half-truth (bible mis-quoting ) sola scriptural beliefs that have no biblical or historical truth to "back up" it's 18th century " man-made" beliefs !!!
~~~

IN REF ....TO THE .....Theological (so called) TRUTH of the Catholic Church

THERE IS NO SUCH THEOLOGY ENTITY THAT EXIST..

SINCE IT REJECTS THE THEOLOGICAL TREATISE ...THE BIBLE..."THE WORD OF GOD.".........IT IS ONLY A SECULAR RELIGIOUS SOCIETY....

THEOLOG'IC DEFINED

THEOLOG'ICAL, a.[See Theology.] Pertaining to divinity, or the science of God and of divine things; as a theological treatise; theological criticism..

THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH IS NOT FOUND IN THE BIBLE...

even thought it claims to be a divinity (GOD) itself....

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#537158 May 15, 2014
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>The biggest lie the RCC spews out about Protestants is that they are confused and do not know what they believe,because everyone of them has their own doctrine and creed of sorts.You are quick to lump all of them together,even suggesting that I should use my JW bible and commentary,as though I also believe in it.I only have ONE faith,and ONE baptism that I adhere to,and ONE book that speaks clearly about the ACTS of the Apostles,and the early Church,which was not RC,but believers who lived by the power of the Holy Spirit in their lives.
The RCC has done well to divide and splinter,by using most of all for all non =RC Christians the word Protestant. Lets leave the Orthodox out of this.AS both your church and the Orthodox still are not yet ONE since 1034<or is it 1084? The word Protestant should make every Christian boil,but because of the disgusting feud between Catholics and Prots,many Prots are even proud of the name."AND set your minds and keep them set on what is above,(the higher things) not on the things that are on the earth."Colossians 3:2.
To be in Christ is to be a positive move of change and grace,but the labeling of calling Christians Protestant because they are not RC,is divisive in and of itself.The Church is Christ's Body and we who are called by Him are all part of that Body.But we still to this day use terms of separation to distinguish ourselves from each other.Protestant,Coptic,Orthod ox,Roman Catholic,Eastern Catholic,Christians,Anglicans, Evangelicals. But than again they are just names we identify ourselves with.But If the truth be known none of those names identify us solely to Christ.Because we are determined to build walls between us,so that we cannot ever be o n e in Him.The RCC has done a n infamous job of labeling,"Separated Brethren". Not bad,but it still reeks of arrogance,because the RCC still purports that it is alone the only true Church that Christ started and so on.Did He build a cathedral,or basilica,or an auditorium?
No DS I am not a JW,nor do I have any similar beliefs to them.I do believe JESUS is GOD Incarnate. So glad that you do also. BTW the Bibles were mostly in Latin,and the populace could not read them in their own languages,as many were illiterate. It matters though how the RCC gained its power,and the blood that is on its hands in both the killing of Jews,and within the Inquisitional times.It may surprise you that God in the Old covenant removed His Spirit from those and also His calling when disobedience and blood stained hands separated His people from Him.
Today however we are all advantaged because the Word gives us the foundation of all that JESUS taught to His Disciples,and that becomes LIFE to us.Repentance,and striving to live for Him avoiding a life of sin,and allowing the Holy Spirit to rule in our hearts is what we are all called to.That makes us ONE,not our many names.But we all are too caught up with our organizational affiliation to see that. Actually many Christians still have a Wilderness mentality,as they are fixed on what they believe,rather than "Now that I believe,how can I serve Him and be fruitful for the whole Body,not just part of it?
Great post Pad, and well put. And we all fall short,imo..
Wish my writing was a succinct.

We are to be His .
If we are persecuted , no non believer makes distinctions,either..

On Judgement day , we will stand alone with only His BLOOD to defend us, not any earthly denomination..
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#537159 May 15, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand. They are prejudiced and persecute me as well.

You are lucky to be in a large denomination, with power and wealth. I stand alone against this delusional hoard.

Wish me luck.

ramen
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#537160 May 15, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> And you are the biggest life force sucking heartless soul ......
It is good to see you and June getting along so well.

ramen
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#537161 May 15, 2014
Pad wrote:
<quoted text>The biggest lie the RCC spews out about Protestants is that they are confused and do not know what they believe,because everyone of them has their own doctrine and creed of sorts.You are quick to lump all of them together,even suggesting that I should use my JW bible and commentary,as though I also believe in it.I only have ONE faith,and ONE baptism that I adhere to,and ONE book that speaks clearly about the ACTS of the Apostles,and the early Church,which was not RC,but believers who lived by the power of the Holy Spirit in their lives.
The RCC has done well to divide and splinter,by using most of all for all non =RC Christians the word Protestant.?
Snipped for plethora of inulting blather.

As usual a long windbag post with nothing of substance, First the point made was that the church was against horrible translations and commentary which were used to incoroporate strange doctrines. Those were forbidden and yet that is twisted to say the bible was forbidden from the laity. The point is not whether you are a JW but that you would object to translations and commentary.

As for the rest of your blather. Protestant by any other name. I will build my church. The word is not any loose translation, commentary or twisting, bending folding and mutilating the scripture as protestants do to fit your individual belief. It takes a foundation and learning, thus Peter says the unlearned and unstable wrest it unto their destruction. The uninitiated were not allowed to participate from the earliest days. Paul chastised the Corinthians for acting like protestants. Paul chastised usurpers of authority.

People were put out and from the very beginning while the Apostles were alive protestants reared their ugly heads. Rebellious protestants were put out with the hope that they would repent and return to the fold. Today you heap upon yourselves ministers to scratch your itching ears and judge one another appointing yourselves authorities. You give each other names to distinguish. The church is universal Catholic. Its not Roman. I dont like that. No problem hop down the street its all good now. Cant find one start your own or stay home. Do it yourself christianity

The church never taught the real deal is what each individual believes and teaches with iunending interpretations and creating divisions or relative truths as if the word is some toy to be played with for your amusement and laugh about seperations. You made your own God that fits with your worldly view yet preserve the right to judge.

Everybody is in charge just toss out Hebrews which says to obey those who are over you and do not give them grief for it would be unprofitable for you. It is clear Chrit hand picked. It is clear that they taught and ordained others.and people didnt just pick up a bible and proclaim their personal truth. Not everyone is called but protestants by virtue sola scriptura are all self appointed authorities, because after all the bible is very clear with no foundation as each of you is inspired by the spirit. lol Don't blame us for all of your divisiion for you incorporated division as dogma when you usurped individual authority and cultivated division with a doctrine that is nowhere to be found in the bible. There are false teachers its just that no protestant thinks they are one.

Dont worry Dan though I be harsh with you I would feed you, clothe you and I pray for you in the hopes that coal not be piled on your head for wrath is saved for God.
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#537162 May 15, 2014
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
Liam: "The bottom line is: you can't demonstrate how your teachings were there in century one and two."
in the following illustration, I use the word "my" because that is the word YOU used, LIam:
"My" teachings are always there, because the Bible is always there.
CENTURY ONE: "My" teachings ... "Call No Man Father.
CENTURY TWO: "My" teachings ... "Call No Man Father.
CENTURY THREE: "My" teachings ... "Call No Man Father.
CENTURY FOUR: "My" teachings ... "Call No Man Father.
CENTURY FIVE: "My" teachings ... "Call No Man Father.
CENTURY TWENTY: "My" teachings ... "Call No Man Father.
CENTURY TWENTY ONE: "My" teachings ... "Call No Man Father.
-
-
Nope. MY teachings have never changed.
As you say father :o)

One small problem. What you say are "My teachings" in centuries 1 - 5 were in fact Catholic teachings, because your sect didn't even exist for at least another 1000 years.

That fact makes your position seem foolish. You took their book and gave it a new meaning, which never existed before you changed it.

Instead of using the unholy book stolen from the evil ones, why not come to the one true God of REASON and MORALITY?

ramen
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#537163 May 15, 2014
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text> Think NOT that I am come to destroy the law or the prophets. I am not come to destroy but to fulfill. Till heaven and earth pass away there shall in no way one jot or one tittle pass from the law till ALL be fulfilled.( I'm paraphrasing here). I'm sure I just confused you even further with that but don't sweat it. It is actually not given that you should understand these things at this time but as the song states..........YOU WILL UNDERSTAND IT BETTER BY AND BY.
Tony, Tony, Tony....
2 Samuel 7:12-17
12 When your days are over and you rest with your ancestors, I will raise up your offspring to succeed you, your own flesh and blood, and I will establish his kingdom.
13 He is the one who will build a house for my Name, and I will establish the throne of his kingdom forever.
14 I will be his father, and he will be my son. When he does wrong, I will punish him with a rod wielded by men, with floggings inflicted by human hands.
15 But my love will never be taken away from him, as I took it away from Saul, whom I removed from before you.
16 Your house and your kingdom will endure forever before me; your throne will be established forever.’”
17 Nathan reported to David all the words of this entire revelation.
According to the New Testament, He has already fulfilled it.
None of the Law of Moses did fail!
Christ fulfilled it 100%, then he nailed it to the cross!
Colossians 2:14-16
14 having canceled the charge of our legal indebtedness, which stood against us and condemned us; he has taken it away, nailing it to the cross.(Old Testament-Law of Moses)
15 And having disarmed the powers and authorities, he made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them by the cross.
16 Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day.
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#537164 May 15, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a greedy taker of the heaven myth and a willing giver of the hell myth.
It is good to see you two getting along :o)

That's just Christianity June.

The road to Hell is wide, while the road to Heaven is narrow and few are "called."

That's how they believe their "loving god" created the universe. It's an fundamentalist view of creation, an ant farm mentality.

But please remember. Ahhhhhh, I forgot.

ramen :o)
Michael

Canada

#537165 May 15, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> And you are the biggest life force sucking heartless soul ......
..So!.What's the upside for making such a comment? Where is the love.
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#537166 May 15, 2014
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Snipped for plethora of inulting blather.
As usual a long windbag post with nothing of substance, First the point made was that the church was against horrible translations and commentary which were used to incoroporate strange doctrines. Those were forbidden and yet that is twisted to say the bible was forbidden from the laity. The point is not whether you are a JW but that you would object to translations and commentary.
As for the rest of your blather. Protestant by any other name. I will build my church. The word is not any loose translation, commentary or twisting, bending folding and mutilating the scripture as protestants do to fit your individual belief. It takes a foundation and learning, thus Peter says the unlearned and unstable wrest it unto their destruction. The uninitiated were not allowed to participate from the earliest days. Paul chastised the Corinthians for acting like protestants. Paul chastised usurpers of authority.
People were put out and from the very beginning while the Apostles were alive protestants reared their ugly heads. Rebellious protestants were put out with the hope that they would repent and return to the fold. Today you heap upon yourselves ministers to scratch your itching ears and judge one another appointing yourselves authorities. You give each other names to distinguish. The church is universal Catholic. Its not Roman. I dont like that. No problem hop down the street its all good now. Cant find one start your own or stay home. Do it yourself christianity
The church never taught the real deal is what each individual believes and teaches with iunending interpretations and creating divisions or relative truths as if the word is some toy to be played with for your amusement and laugh about seperations. You made your own God that fits with your worldly view yet preserve the right to judge.
Everybody is in charge just toss out Hebrews which says to obey those who are over you and do not give them grief for it would be unprofitable for you. It is clear Chrit hand picked. It is clear that they taught and ordained others.and people didnt just pick up a bible and proclaim their personal truth. Not everyone is called but protestants by virtue sola scriptura are all self appointed authorities, because after all the bible is very clear with no foundation as each of you is inspired by the spirit. lol Don't blame us for all of your divisiion for you incorporated division as dogma when you usurped individual authority and cultivated division with a doctrine that is nowhere to be found in the bible. There are false teachers its just that no protestant thinks they are one.
Dont worry Dan though I be harsh with you I would feed you, clothe you and I pray for you in the hopes that coal not be piled on your head for wrath is saved for God.
Your posts are so long and convoluted, it's almost impossible to reply.

Glad you are able to fill in all the missing pieces of the Bible for us though. While you're at it, please tell us where Jesus was from age 12 to age 30.

18 years of man-god on earth, and not one peep from anyone. Here's your chance.

ramen
Michael

Canada

#537167 May 15, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> Look Bozo......now go peddle your manure somewhere else...
...(lol).Ya! But you keep coming back in your bare feet stepping into it.

....If you really don't like a poster why do you keep responding? Are you here for the theatrics?

Unbelievable!
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#537168 May 15, 2014
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text> Think NOT that I am come to destroy the law or the prophets. I am not come to destroy but to fulfill. Till heaven and earth pass away there shall in no way one jot or one tittle pass from the law till ALL be fulfilled.( I'm paraphrasing here). I'm sure I just confused you even further with that but don't sweat it. It is actually not given that you should understand these things at this time but as the song states..........YOU WILL UNDERSTAND IT BETTER BY AND BY.
Better start singing, Tony, because you surely don't understand.........

Christ clearly did change the law and the prophets....

Galatians 3:23-24

23 BEFORE the coming of this faith, we were held in custody under the law,(Law of Moses) locked up until the faith that was to come would be revealed.(FAITH IN JESUS CHRIST)

24 So the LAW was our guardian <<<UNTIL>>>C hrist came that we might be justified by faith.

***LAW WAS OUR GUARDIAN ~~~~~~UNTIL~~~~~, WHAT???

Christ came that we might be justified by faith.

Hebrews 7:12

12 For when the priesthood is changed, the law must be changed also.

Luke 24:44

44 He said to them,“This is what I told you while I was still with you: Everything must be fulfilled that is written about me in the Law of Moses, the Prophets and the Psalms.”

Do you get it now, Tony???
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#537169 May 15, 2014
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>I'm sorry but you are quoting scripture, as most Christians tend to do,that you have absolutely NO IDEA what they are talking about. I'm sure you mean well but you have a very ,very long way to go in understanding most of the scriptures you quote.
This is NOT hard to understand, Tony.......

If you do not understand the differences in the Old and New Testament, how are you going to understand the rest of the Word of God esp the Gospel of Jesus Christ???

Christ did not say...

“I came not to destroy, but to perpetuate.”

Jesus explained,“I came not to destroy, but to fulfill.”

Jesus made NO promise to continue the Old Testament as a law.

In fact, He did abolish the Old Testament.

It is not our law.
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#537170 May 15, 2014
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
<quoted text>
-
-
there's no possible way I can know the answer to that, June - but as far as how is my "guest" religion faring?.. there is none.
I am not all-knowing and ... lol ...I don't have access to the number of people reading this thread.
But, that's just stating the obvious - which you already knew because it is obvious.
Those who believe they need instruction of how to arrive at the supposed pearly gates want information ... they don't feel that they are qualified to preach.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#537171 May 15, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
It is good to see you and June getting along so well.
ramen
Yes....was thinking of inviting her to a pajama party. You know, pop popcorn and play records and do each others hair... you know the girly stuff

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope Tells Bishops Not to Accept Gay Seminarians Jun 1 Fundie Sniffling 4
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) May 28 Apostolic of another 10,775
News Pope Francis reportedly tells gay man: 'God mad... May 25 The Lightbearer 9
News Pope to gay sex abuse victim: 'God loves you' May 25 RalphB 8
News God made you gay' pope tells victim of clergy s... May 22 Hahahlolahah 6
News What Pope Francis and Obama may talk about (Sep '15) May '18 Serial deserters 54
News Alfie Evans' dad meets POPE to plead for asylum... Apr '18 C Kersey 1