Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
518,181 - 518,200 of 537,310 Comments Last updated 32 min ago

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2014

Judged:

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Why ANYONE would believe a 21st century " self interpreting" bible "expert?????" like you Brasil---makes "no sense" especially since you are just ONE of over 42,000 contradicting---hodge podge of bible verses waiving" self appointed bible "experts????? ".......You (divisive)Protestant bible only "fundies" (self interpreters) have ".absolutely NOTHING historically factual or biblically truthfull to offer ANYONE except the "same old" anti catholic hostile and vindictive " lies and distortions" of the TRUE Biblical and TRUE Church historical documented writings by the Early Church Fathers, the Apologistic historian writers (both .Catholic and Protestant) from the first 1500 years of the Universal (Catholic) Church that Jesus HIMSELF initiated.......Go argue, discuss and debate with your other Protestant bible only "self appointed -- man- made preachers who don't agree with you either!!!!!!----It is a "complete" waist of time!......The Fullness of the TRUTH of the TRUE a Gospel and the a Fullness of the Faith of the TRUE Salvation in Jesus Christ has been grounded, established and proclaimed for over 2000 years ----which is ONLY manifested IN Jesus Christ -HIMSELF.----- in and through HIS One TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church....
You are lying...again...

The Roman Catholic Church, headquartered in Rome, Italy, has its own powerful City-State, the Vatican, and claims over 968 million members worldwide and 60 million in the U.S. and Canada (as of 1996).(Catholic membership figures are considerably misleading, though, in that they count as members every person who has been baptized Catholic, including millions of people who were baptized as infants but who are not practicing Catholics.)

The Roman Catholic Church, in its pagan form, unofficially came into being in 312 A.D., at the time of the so-called "miraculous conversion" to Christianity of the Roman Emperor Constantine. Although Christianity was not made the official religion of the Roman Empire until the edicts of Theodosius I in 380 and 381 A.D., Constantine, from 312 A.D. until his death in 337, was engaged in the process of simultaneously building pagan temples and Christian churches, and was slowly turning over the reigns of his pagan priesthood to the Bishop of Rome.

However, the family of Constantine did not give up the last vestige of his priesthood until after the disintegration of the Roman Empire -- that being the title the emperors bore as heads of the pagan priesthood -- Pontifex Maximus -- a title which the popes would inherit.(The popes also inherited Constantine's titles as the self-appointed civil head of the church -- Vicar of Christ and Bishop of Bishops.)

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2014

Judged:

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
The Nicene Creed doesn't indicate how God will do things or in what time.
RE: the papal infallibility, It's not that confusing.
Popes, unilaterally, don't declare doctrine.
Doctrine is developed over time. Sometmes, it's a long time (i.e. the Assumption).
Papal infallibility simply describes situations when the Church believes that the Pope cannot err when speaking on matters of faith and/or morals.
I'm not sure where you're going with the whole "no longer infallible teachings" thing. What are you thinking of?
-
-
papal infallibility is not confusing?
-
Once again: God declared himself infallible LOOOOONG before the Pope declared HIMSELF infallible.
-
God's infallibility is not confusing.
Papal infallibility absolutely is.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2014

Judged:

hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
It is the -----"numers game" -----that you bible only "fundies" have miserably failed over and over and over again since the reformation ---- and it is began in the first -------"1500"-----ye ars of Jesus Christ's One True Universal-Apostolic Catholic Church from which the TRUTH of the TRUE Gospel of Jesus Christ has been proclaimed, taught and believed by billions and billions of TRUE Followers of Jesus Christ ----------who were ALL a Catholic ...
You are lying again...here is proof:

You will not post the definition of the word "church" found in the footnote in your NABre on Mt 16:18 because it proves you are a liar......

You will not respond to: Why, in Rev, did not Christ refer to any of the seven (7) churches as Catholic Churches?? Because it also proves you are a liar...

The RCC is a denomination....one of the largest in the USA...Christ built no such...
Dan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2014

Judged:

guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
-
Once again: God declared himself infallible LOOOOONG before the Pope declared HIMSELF infallible.
-
No Pope declared himself infallible.

Tough discussing this with people who refuse to do their homework.
KayMarie

Carlisle, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2014

who="Michael" <quoted text>
...You can do all the worrying for me, however, if there is an all loving god, he would be fair and equal in support for all his creation, not one select group created by a few powerful people with agendas thousands of years ago, that claimed God as their own.
----------

Michael, there IS an all-loving God...Who is misunderstood often.
Remember that HE is the One Who said, "WHOSOEVER WILL"? Jesus Himself is the One Who declared, "For God SO LOVED THE WORLD (not just a few), that He gave His ONLY begotten son,(so) that WHOSOEVER BELIEVES IN HIM SHOULD NOT PERISH, BUT HAVE EVERLASTING LIFE."

WHOSOEVER...not just the few that the CC or the Protestants approve! Whosoever BELIEVES in Him. We are given the choice for OURSELVES.
KayMarie

Carlisle, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2014

who="Liam" <quoted text>
you were supposed to read the link, not just the first line. When Rome legalized Christianity, a hospital went up along with the Churches. Town after town; city after city. Hospitals spread because of the Catholic Church. Period. You would not have had this with atheism.

----------
Imagine THAT !!! An ATHEIST hospital...LOL
KayMarie

Carlisle, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2014

Judged:

[who="Dust Storm" <quoted text>
Could you translate your garbled mess of imcomplete thoughts into a verifiable coherent statement with an attempt at having any form of a point or acutally addressing the points made to you rather than ramblings about things that only you seem to understand in your mythical world? Why dont you try to make a singular thought with one meanlingless and erreoneous statement at a time or do you have a translator for the Rosezite language?

----------
You are very unkind to a person who has been very uncritical. She has honestly shared what she has discovered, without name-calling.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2014

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
It was the Catholic religion that started the myth of Jesus, and you want to throw the word religion under the bus and fly away on your fantasy with Jesus in your divine packsack.
Idiot!
you're to kind. God bless you :)

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2014

guest wrote:
-
-
-
-
-
Dan wrote:
No Pope declared himself infallible.
Tough discussing this with people who refuse to do their homework.
-
-
alrighty then ... pope's sycophants declared his 'declarations from the chair' infallible
same-same
-
do you think that when ordering torture and mass murder that the pope was *fallible*? do you think that could be described as apostasy... as it WAS clearly heresy?
Do you think that the church can spread terror as something it "solemnly defines for the faithful to believe is true"?
-
So *IF* the church teaches murder and torture of heretics it MUST BE GOD'S and JESUS' TRUE WILL?
That's a pretty sick church, if you ask me. Sociopathic, in fact.
-
http://www.catholic.com/tracts/papal-infallib...
Since Christ said the gates of hell would not prevail against his Church (Matt. 16:18b), this means that his Church can never pass out of existence. But if the Church ever apostasized by teaching heresy, then it would cease to exist; because it would cease to be Jesusí Church. Thus the Church cannot teach heresy, meaning that anything it solemnly defines for the faithful to believe is true. This same reality is reflected in the Apostle Paulís statement that the Church is "the pillar and foundation of the truth" (1 Tim. 3:15). If the Church is the foundation of religious truth in this world, then it is Godís own spokesman. As Christ told his disciples: "He who hears you hears me, and he who rejects you rejects me, and he who rejects me rejects him who sent me" (Luke 10:16).
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2014

guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
-
-
Of course, by making absurd statements, you make a few infallible teachings seem less delusional by comparison.

More evidence that born-agains were fostered by passages in the RCC bible, to make convoluted RCC dogma look 'normal' by comparison.

Those RCC boys are smarter than we give them credit for.

ramen

“Greater Love Than This”

Since: Aug 08

Has No Man

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2014

Judged:

Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Could you translate your garbled mess of imcomplete thoughts into a verifiable coherent statement with an attempt at having any form of a point or acutally addressing the points made to you rather than ramblings about things that only you seem to understand in your mythical world? Why dont you try to make a singular thought with one meanlingless and erreoneous statement at a time or do you have a translator for the Rosezite language?
One Jew , tortured, killed, property confiscated, made to recant due to the office of the Inquisition is too many....and my prose may not be as good as yours, but you ARE well aware of what I've been saying .........not one person who can read believes no one was,killed or tortured in the Inquisition...you are wasting your breath ...

Mistakes were made.lives,lost.....in JESUS NAME....this could not stand .....the RCC today is,not the same Church it was....everyone who wants,one has GODS,WORD to read...
And this,Mormon rabbit hole you all keep bringing up is just that ..

Thank God for the changes,and the Church you have today ..
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2014

waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
Matthew, Mark, Luke and John....these will be the witnesses at your trial!
if i were you, i'd be brushing up on what they have to say for my defense.......

Thank you sir, That is Christianity without the sickening PC.

Some want to tell us that Hell isn't what Revelation tells us. Some even envision an almost completely benign Hell.

Give it to them bro. Preach that Gospel in the traditional way.

ramen
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2014

pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> you're to kind. God bless you :)
lol, Junith has a way with words :o)

ramen

“Greater Love Than This”

Has No Man

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2014

Judged:

KayMarie wrote:
[who="Dust Storm" <quoted text>
----------
You are very unkind to a person who has been very uncritical. She has honestly shared what she has discovered, without name-calling.
Thanks dear..it's deflection ..and I should reread better, but that person knows what I meant...and I have never said the RCC has not reformed...they hear Reformation and cringe...learned it was a bad thing...

The RCC changed in my life time , big time, let alone over hundreds of years, thank God ...
We have enough killing now,in the supposed name of religion....power corrupts ...

“Greater Love Than This”

Has No Man

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2014

Judged:

guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
<quoted text>
-
-
alrighty then ... pope's sycophants declared his 'declarations from the chair' infallible
same-same
-
do you think that when ordering torture and mass murder that the pope was *fallible*? do you think that could be described as apostasy... as it WAS clearly heresy?
Do you think that the church can spread terror as something it "solemnly defines for the faithful to believe is true"?
-
So *IF* the church teaches murder and torture of heretics it MUST BE GOD'S and JESUS' TRUE WILL?
That's a pretty sick church, if you ask me. Sociopathic, in fact.
-
Since Christ said the gates of hell would not prevail against his Church (Matt. 16:18b), this means that his Church can never pass out of existence. But if the Church ever apostasized by teaching heresy, then it would cease to exist; because it would cease to be Jesusí Church. Thus the Church cannot teach heresy, meaning that anything it solemnly defines for the faithful to believe is true. This same reality is reflected in the Apostle Paulís statement that the Church is "the pillar and foundation of the truth" (1 Tim. 3:15). If the Church is the foundation of religious truth in this world, then it is Godís own spokesman. As Christ told his disciples: "He who hears you hears me, and he who rejects you rejects me, and he who rejects me rejects him who sent me" (Luke 10:16).
THE GOD OF CREATION did not get believers unless they believed, Jesus never taught forcing belief to keep one's life or property .....never ..Free will ..and our Dear Saviuir gave His,life for our
Unfaithfulness and SIN...He died for US.. did NOT say kill for me ( one reason the zealots did NOT accept Him )

Power corrupts ..it's humanities curse....never should Christs True Church persecute anyone...that's not His way ..Not what He died for....

He COULD and WILL make believers by showing His POWER AND MIGHT ...HE DID NOT when He asked His,Father to forgive them...NEXT time every knee will bow, not to the RCC but to the Lord ..

“Greater Love Than This”

Has No Man

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2014

Judged:

Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually that was pretty coherent on rereading it...Yes,you understood . Criticizing me does nit negate the point .

There was NO MASS DELUSION of an Inquisition......no matter the number , one life USING HIS NAME was evil ...

Clear enough..????

I don't really care ..Just being clear . Enjoy your blinders and don't thank GOD directorate RCC, if
You don't want to.

Peace

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2014

Judged:

-
Of course, infallibility does not include a guarantee that any particular pope wonít "neglect" to teach the truth, or that he will be sinless, or that mere disciplinary decisions will be intelligently made. It would be nice if he were omniscient or impeccable, but his not being so will fail to bring about the destruction of the Church.
-
But he must be able to teach rightly, since instruction for the sake of salvation is a primary function of the Church. FOR MEN TO BE SAVED, THEY MUST KNOW WHAT IS TO BE BELIEVED. They must have a PERFECTLY STEADY ROCK to build upon and to trust as the source of solemn Christian teaching. And thatís why papal infallibility exists.
-
-
So - what IS to be believed?
it is all right to torture and murder heretics
<or>
it is NOT all right to torture and murder heretics?
"Crazy Protestants" who fled the tyranny of the RCC would like to know

“Greater Love Than This”

Has No Man

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2014

Judged:

Correction, sorry,, auto correct ,

don't thank God for today's RCC , if you don't want To. It's your free choice ...
Dust Storm

Pennock, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2014

Judged:

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
One Jew , tortured, killed, property confiscated, made to recant due to the office of the Inquisition is too many....and my prose may not be as good as yours, but you ARE well aware of what I've been saying .........not one person who can read believes no one was,killed or tortured in the Inquisition...you are wasting your breath ...
Mistakes were made.lives,lost.....in JESUS NAME....this could not stand .....the RCC today is,not the same Church it was....everyone who wants,one has GODS,WORD to read...
And this,Mormon rabbit hole you all keep bringing up is just that ..
Thank God for the changes,and the Church you have today ..
Your ignorance is showing and no I am not well aware of what you are saying as you present few coherent thoughts and expect people to read minds. Your mind barely works so its even harder to read. lol Jews and Muslims were not forced to convert. The inquisitions only applied to those who claimed to be speaking for the Christian Church. You have no interest in history let alone accurate history.

No one said that noone was killed or tortured except you because you make up things in your own mind and project them onto others. You are not only a critical, you lie and often make inchoherent statements and then say others are delusional. No name calling. lol I think you are the delusional one. If you really wanted to learn and udnerstand what was happening when lynch mobs were common before the Church stepped in then I would offer an explantion, but you have no interest or desire but only condemn with what you want to believe.

Everyone who could read could have Gods word or hear it in Church long before the printing press invented by a Catholic. Again your bias and ugliness shows.The church did not withhold the bible. If Billy Graham or Franklin blesses the President is he crowining him? lol

Moorman rabbit hole You all keep bringing up? Who is all? I pointed out that you would not be happy with a moorman or Jehovah witness bible. My mistake so which one do you recommend. They say they are Christian too so which one do you recommend? I have a huge problem with you claiming that the reformation brought peace and tolerance. If a sect started to commit violence against you and demand you accept their Christian truth which is what reformers did then I dont think you would just lay down. You make a rather large presumptiom how people thought and lived could have changed no other way and credit it to the reformation. I unlike you do not believe the reformation came from God, nor do I believe the massive bloodshed, thousands of denominations and false teachers galore has to do with God. I do not believe Luther was a true holy man at all. I do believe that people do not always know how to best deal with things and if we learn from past mistakes we can grow, but its easy to sit in hindsight and in your case know little about history and make judgements through todays eyes. The reformers looked at Joshuas inquisition where there were infiltrators who sought to lead people away. In medieval times if you sought to bring someone away from the faith to them you were murderer trying to take their soul and that of their children. Its not that much different today. To some Protestants nothing is more horrifying than one of their flock or preachers or sons or daughters converting. The same would be true for Catholics, Jews and Muslims.
Dust Storm

Pennock, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2014

Judged:

RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
THE GOD OF CREATION did not get believers unless they believed, Jesus never taught forcing belief to keep one's life or property .....never ..Free will ..and our Dear Saviuir gave His,life for our
Unfaithfulness and SIN...He died for US.. did NOT say kill for me ( one reason the zealots did NOT accept Him )
Power corrupts ..it's humanities curse....never should Christs True Church persecute anyone...that's not His way ..Not what He died for....
He COULD and WILL make believers by showing His POWER AND MIGHT ...HE DID NOT when He asked His,Father to forgive them...NEXT time every knee will bow, not to the RCC but to the Lord ..
The church has always taught every knee shall bow to the Lord. You saying not to the RCC is another uncritical insult filled with hate and ignorance.. The Catholic church is the proper name, but your are too dumb and stubborn even when a priest explained it, Nobody cares if you were in the Roman Rite and it says RCC on your baptismal certificate. The Roman Rite is a part of the church. If the Pope was in France as he once was would you call it The French Catholic Church? No, that would be wrong because you have RCC on your certificate. The succesor of Peter is traditionally in Rome but he does not have to be.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••