Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 681754 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Dan

United States

#536897 May 13, 2014
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
<quoted text>
-
-
I have no clue?
What I READ was Jesus HIMSELF telling me DIRECTLY to "Call No Man Father."
It can't be more clear than that.
-
I don't care which CHURCH says that it is OK to call priests Father. JESUS said it was NOT.
-
JESUS is NOT the LIAR, here.
Jesus said like 6 or 7 times that we are to partake in His Body and Blood, and you blow that off.

Why so persickety about the "father" thing when you know it doesn't curtail use of the actual word?
Regina

Toms River, NJ

#536898 May 13, 2014
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
<quoted text>
-
-
I have no clue?
-
I don't care which CHURCH says that it is OK to call priests Father. JESUS said it was NOT.
-
Jesus also told you directly to eat His flesh and drink His blood, but you disobey Him. By what authority do you disobey Him, guest?

Oh, you certainly do care which church, you care very much....only you got caught out because you thought it was just Catholics who called their priests "Father". Yes, I would advise you get a clue.

Agreed, Jesus is not a liar, and it was His church who determined that very Scripture you're quoting to be divinely inspired based on their correct understanding of the faith once given. So that leaves only one person who could be possibly be lying (and playing paper pope) and that would be..........you! Although to be fair and charitable, I don't think it's as much a case of your lying as it is abject ignorance and bigotry.

United States

#536899 May 13, 2014
guest wrote:
continue taking these verses out of context if it makes you feel good.
-
I did not take, "Call NO MAN Father" out of context.
-
Jesus DID NOT LIE when he said those words.
Dust Storm wrote:
Oh. Like I said Moses probably got the commandment to Honor thy Father and they Mother wrong, because you say Jesus said so. The fact that Father is used abundantly well that doesnt matter, because it doesnt fit with your narrow fundy theology. That's funny.
Honor thy Father and thy Mother. Guest was on jeapordy and they asked, "What is the day set aside in honor of Fathers called? Guest says, "What is Dude that got some chick pregant Day." Sorry, that answer is incorrect. The correct answer is, "Fathers Day!" Guest No no you see Jesus said call no man Father so I never called my Dad a Father so you are wrong! Alex Trebek...Security! Jesus said to pluck your eye out too under certain circumstances. Do you have a patch?
-
-
Guess what? on Jeopardy they are NOT talking about TITLES for RELIGIOUS LEADERS, Jesus was talking about religious leader - and you know that ... but that is not the point. Furthermore, I don't know about YOU - but I am not suffering under the delusion that a priest can get pregnant, either. So bringing familial titles into this, is an empty argument and it is blatantly obvious that it IS, indeed, an empty argument.
Jesus Christ WAS talking about TITLES of Religious leaders. In fact, IN CONTEXT he also admonished his followers to not call anyone Rabbi. HE GAVE TWO EXAMPLES SO THERE COULD BE NO MISTAKING what he meant.
THAT is how we know he was explicitly talking about giving titles of honor to mere men.
Further, neither was Moses talking about TITLES for RELIGIOUS LEADERS.
It isn't 'fundie' theology.
It's Biblical.
-
Christ himself said it. He meant it. He DID NOT LIE.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#536900 May 13, 2014
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
"The TRADITION reflected in this passage is one we still practice today - OUR TRADITION of calling our deacons and priests "father","
-
again:
Jesus said, emphatically, "Call NO MAN your Farther."
-
He ALSO said, emphatically:
http://biblehub.com/niv/mark/7.htm
"You have let go of the commands of God and are holding on to human traditions."
-
So, right out the starting gate ... AGAIN ... you disobey Christ in favor of obeying mere men.
Yep
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#536901 May 13, 2014
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
-
-
Guess what? on Jeopardy they are NOT talking about TITLES for RELIGIOUS LEADERS, Jesus was talking about religious leader - and you know that ... but that is not the point. Furthermore, I don't know about YOU - but I am not suffering under the delusion that a priest can get pregnant, either. So bringing familial titles into this, is an empty argument and it is blatantly obvious that it IS, indeed, an empty argument.
Jesus Christ WAS talking about TITLES of Religious leaders. In fact, IN CONTEXT he also admonished his followers to not call anyone Rabbi. HE GAVE TWO EXAMPLES SO THERE COULD BE NO MISTAKING what he meant.
THAT is how we know he was explicitly talking about giving titles of honor to mere men.
Further, neither was Moses talking about TITLES for RELIGIOUS LEADERS.
It isn't 'fundie' theology.
It's Biblical.
-
Christ himself said it. He meant it. He DID NOT LIE.
BZZZZZ...Security! Call No Man Father means NO man according to you. So no you don't get to assign your selectiveness and ingore the numerous scriptures and Jesus himself who says your Father Abraham.. OOPS he slipped according to you. The point Jesus was making was making is not your twist. Do you have a patch over both eyes or is your fundy sythe reading to you? Father is title and an honor. I do agree that you should not be a Father in Christ as Paul was to Timothy though. I have a better idea though. No soup for you!
marge

Leesburg, GA

#536902 May 13, 2014
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus also told you directly to eat His flesh and drink His blood, but you disobey Him. By what authority do you disobey Him, guest?
Oh, you certainly do care which church, you care very much....only you got caught out because you thought it was just Catholics who called their priests "Father". Yes, I would advise you get a clue.
Agreed, Jesus is not a liar, and it was His church who determined that very Scripture you're quoting to be divinely inspired based on their correct understanding of the faith once given. So that leaves only one person who could be possibly be lying (and playing paper pope) and that would be..........you! Although to be fair and charitable, I don't think it's as much a case of your lying as it is abject ignorance and bigotry.
It does represent His body and blood, without you doing voodoo to it, Belief is what is necessary.
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#536903 May 13, 2014
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep
Nope..

Beware of Large Marge!

United States

#536904 May 13, 2014
guest wrote:
I have no clue?
-
-
-
-
Regina wrote:
-
-
I never said I thought it was only Catholics who called their priests Father - so there is no possible way you "caught' me on that one. And to say you did catch me, shows your willingness to ascribe to me intent that was not there on my part. But that's ok. I understand. That is what Catholics do. They ascribed intent to Jesus' words, too.
-
OK
-
Again.
Jesus is not a liar.
Jesus said, "Call NO MAN Father."
-
Pope said, "Call all popes and all priests Father."
who is lying in this example?
and don't tell me it's me - because I know better, and so do you.
-
-
I will say THIS one more time, too.
*IF* a TROOP of MONKEYS had possession of the Scriptures, THEY would have been used by God to compile it into the Bible.
-
The "Catholic" church did NOT determine which books were to be included . THAT was determined by Holy Spirit. Period.
-
You give mere men who call Jesus a LIAR (by insisting on being called 'Father') far, far too much credit when you say it was the RCC that 'determined' which books to include.
And THIS FACT we know for a certainty because they also tried to change out the Jewish Canon of scripture and the RCC failed miserably.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#536905 May 13, 2014
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Catholics know which teachings are inerrant.
We aren't confused.
It's "crystal clear", as you say.
We aren't confused either Dan, the True church will win.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#536906 May 13, 2014
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope..
Beware of Large Marge!
hey hey, Blessings DS.

United States

#536907 May 13, 2014
Dan wrote:
We aren't confused.
-
-
Catholics weren't confused, either, when they went about torturing and murdering in the Name of God, either, were they Dan?
-
The point I am making here is that the so called inerrant teaching of the Catholic Church keep changing.
The Catholic Church has ALWAYS been blood-thirsty.
Regina

Toms River, NJ

#536908 May 13, 2014
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
<quoted text>
-
-
I never said I thought it was only Catholics who called their priests Father - so there is no possible way you "caught' me on that one. And to say you did catch me, shows your willingness to ascribe to me intent that was not there on my part. But that's ok. I understand. That is what Catholics do. They ascribed intent to Jesus' words, too.
-
OK
-
Again.
Jesus is not a liar.
-
-
-
*IF* a TROOP of MONKEYS had possession of the Scriptures, THEY would have been used by God to compile it into the Bible.
-
The "Catholic" church did NOT determine which books were to be included . THAT was determined by Holy Spirit. Period.
-
You give mere men who call Jesus a LIAR (by insisting on being called 'Father') far, far too much credit when you say it was the RCC that 'determined' which books to include.
And THIS FACT we know for a certainty because they also tried to change out the Jewish Canon of scripture and the RCC failed miserably.
Who are you trying to kid? You specifically used the words "Catholic Church" in most of your posts on this subject and never mentioned any other church or made your private judgment of scripture in a general, all-inclusive way. That's because you didn't have a clue about the Orthodox. You were caught out.

Ah, yes, the Jewish canon of scripture, the one where all references, prophecies, and indications that Jesus was the long-awaited Messiah were removed. So glad to see you admit you agree with the Jews on that score. Jesus and the Apostles used the Septuagint. You lose again! Now I suppose we'll be treated to another one of your hissy fits. Don't you people have any control over yourselves?

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#536909 May 13, 2014
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't get angry, thief.
Get honest.
Slither back under your favorite rock...lying snake
Regina

Toms River, NJ

#536910 May 13, 2014
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
<quoted text>
-
-
-
OK
-
Again.
Jesus is not a liar.
-
-
-
-
-
"Pope said, "Call all popes and all priests Father."
and don't tell me it's me - because I know better, and so do you."

Um, you are. First you deny saying "only Catholics" and then in the next sentence you say the Pope said to call all priests Father. Which pope said that, guest? Show us.
And while you're at it, which church....Catholic or Orthodox?(This should be good.)

Location hidden

#536911 May 13, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Did yer deity change the meaning of the word "faith" when it had contradictory accounts and pseudo writers contribute to a "New" inculcate Constantinian version of "truth"?
If you are ever able to post anything that, at least, has an inkling of intelligence...get back to me...

Location hidden

#536912 May 13, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would Jesus even utter a word(church) That originated in England long after his death?
This doesn't bode well for the "writers".
Constantine or Eusebius would have used that term-not Jesus. Who was it that wrote the bible again?
Hackash...(You change the hs)

Who said Christ spoke English?????

United States

#536913 May 13, 2014
guest wrote:
Dan wrote:
We aren't confused.
-
-
guest wrote:
Catholics weren't confused, either, when they went about torturing and murdering in the Name of God, either, were they Dan?
-
The point I am making here is that the so called inerrant teaching of the Catholic Church keep changing.
The Catholic Church has ALWAYS been blood-thirsty.
-
-
It's ALWAYS been crystal clear, hasn't it Dan?
-
Catholics never had a question as to WHOSE teaching to follow, did they Dan?
-
Yet Jesus NEVER said TORTURE the heretics.
But Catholics were not following Jesus when they did that, were they Dan?
They were following the Pope, instead.
-
Catholics don't question the Pope.
But they question Jesus as their leader.
-
-
Matt 23:9
Call NO MAN your Father, for you have ONE FATHER and he is in Heaven.

Location hidden

#536914 May 13, 2014
Not once did Jesus speak well about traditions, Neither did Paul as he said in Colossians 2:8 “Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, AND NOT AFTER CHRIST.”

He said to” let the word of God dwell in you richly.” It is the word of God that is living and active (Heb.4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.)

To change one from the inside, traditions can never be a alternative or of equal value to what God has spoken and written down for all generations to live by.

United States

#536915 May 13, 2014
guest wrote:
-
OK
-
Again.
Jesus is not a liar.
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Regina wrote:
"Pope said, "Call all popes and all priests Father."
and don't tell me it's me - because I know better, and so do you."
Um, you are. First you deny saying "only Catholics" and then in the next sentence you say the Pope said to call all priests Father. Which pope said that, guest? Show us.
And while you're at it, which church....Catholic or Orthodox?(This should be good.)
-
-
ok then
so IF the Pope did NOT tell you to call him and all priests father ..... WHY OH WHY do you disobey Jesus the SON OF GOD?
I guess you can call that "good" ....

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#536916 May 13, 2014
Okay. Time to make you guys wonder yet again. It is stated that Moses wrote the first 5 books of the Bible ye I can't help bit wonder if Moses had help writing the last few cverses of the 34th chapter of the book of Deuteronomy because dtarting at verse 5, it doesn't seem that Moses was still writing but rather someone else was giving detail about what was happening surrounding Moses' death.

Therefore if someone else was helping Moses the last few verses of Deuteronomy then why was this assistant writer not given credit for helping Moses write the part that Moses couldn't have written.

Inquiring minds just want to know. Don't make a religion out of it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Vatican backs Obama as Nobel Peace Prize Winner (Oct '09) Jun 19 Dementia mental c... 36
News Gregory: Bishops - can never say we are sorry e... Jun 18 Listen to the Word 1
News Pat Robertson Is Birth Control (Nov '14) Jun 13 Donald Scampi 2
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jun 12 Married in 10,558
News Why Melania Trump covers her head one day and n... Jun 8 lavon affair 10
News How the war-of-words between Trump and Pope Fra... Jun 8 USS LIBERTY 9
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Jun 7 princess_noochie 84,749
More from around the web