Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 649855 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#535710 May 8, 2014
concerned in Brasil wrote:
<quoted text>
Liam you are between a rock and hard place.
Your Sect makes unfounded claims that your Church practice is from the unanimous practice of Holy Tradition. That your sect practices and believes completely as the Early Church did as has always been.
Yet those you claim as Popes in the 4 5 6 th centuries rejected the assumption of Mary as heretical and those who taught it HERETICS and that means those you claim as your Popes in the past teach what you practice today as necessary for Salvation as heretical.
You can cherry pick here and there a quote from a Church father that believed some things the RCC practices today that I reject on Biblical Ground buttt
But it is your SECT that has made all these lofty claims, I have not nor what you call Protestant sects.
We need not prove that which we don't claim to be true.
The burden of proof is on the RCC to prove her claims and you and the RCC and fellow RC's here refuse to do that because you Can't
So again I ask
How about you answer my question that is now a over two weeks old to you, to show you are sincere and fair.
Why don't you tell this thread how the RCC is the one True Yadda Yadda when she via Papal bull decree by a so called Apostolic Apostle called a Pope who said this is God's will that there be Inquisition in which a new branch of PRIESTS no less was formed to carry out torture and summary executions of so called heretics and non-believers to bring about conversion affirmed by 41 popes thereafter for over 400+ years with the result of with tens of millions dead and many more tortured displaced and their homes and wealth confiscated to the fill Rome’s coffers.
Really where was this taught by the Apostles Early Church Fathers or anyone for that matter before the 14th century.
Really this is a tough one for you because this so called infallible decree by Papal Bull and 41 popes afterwards affirming it contradicts the Teachings of Jesus his Apostles and early church fathers at every point.
Inquisition was normative practice in the RCC for over 400+ years Is this what Rome calls Holy Tradition??
I dont know what you're talking about. I try n look some of it up, but the best I get is 18th n 19th century propaganda stuff about the Inquisition. 50 million killed blah blah. Hey, its enough for you to wash your hands. It fits for you, that's why you believe it.
the Church has always had an "inquisition" since the time of the Apostles. They still do today. Its not called Inquisition anymore. Its called (I think) the congregation of the doctrine of the faith. The Apostles had the same thing.(1cor 5:12-13)
Deuteronomy 17:2-5 concerning heresy "you shall inquire diligently" .
There was a tidal wave of heresy not long after the Bible was printed in 1454 AD, thus becoming available to people like you and me for the first time in Christianity. Its as if the devil saw men reading the Bible and decided to have a little fun with the new "private popes". What a mess today.
The big problem with the medieval inquisition was the Papacy allowing the Spanish Monarchy to conduct the trials.
Now you wasted my time by diverting your dillema to this. You think we cant see how sneaky you are? Grant it, you probably dont get any rebuttal when converting a catholic to your sect. Most are unaware that what you're saying is complete B.S.. Its easy to deceive someone that doesnt know their faith. Just point to a Bible verse, for example, "call no man Father" and the poor unsuspecting soul leaves the Catholic faith on account of you! You'll be held responsible for those you've led away.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#535711 May 8, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
They are not answered in the Word of God because, confrinting, are not mentioned in the Word of God. The inspired authors of scripture were writing to the Church and those members of the Church. And it was the Catholic Church. The other obvious reason is that what you claim for yourself is also claimed by millions of other protestants "preachers" who disagree with you about the meaning of scripture.
What makes you and your opinions authoritative over other protestants?
~~~~
your sole religion is your institution...in ROME.and it's fables...based on constantinism

You are even less a believer in God than June Vandermark...

At least She is honest about her atheism ...and you are not...

You evidently are an infidel..as is the rest of your cult

Infidel defined
IN'FIDEL, a.[L. infidelis; in and fidelis; faithful.]

Unbelieving; disbelieving the inspiration of the Scriptures, or the divine institution of christianity.

The infidel writer is a great enemy to society.

IN'FIDEL, n. One who disbelieves the inspiration of the Scriptures, and the divine origin of christianity.

You are totally deceived....

#535712 May 8, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~~
your sole religion is your institution...in ROME.and it's fables...based on constantinism
You are even less a believer in God than June Vandermark...
At least She is honest about her atheism ...and you are not...
You evidently are an infidel..as is the rest of your cult
Infidel defined
IN'FIDEL, a.[L. infidelis; in and fidelis; faithful.]
Unbelieving; disbelieving the inspiration of the Scriptures, or the divine institution of christianity.
The infidel writer is a great enemy to society.
IN'FIDEL, n. One who disbelieves the inspiration of the Scriptures, and the divine origin of christianity.
~~~

You evidently do not believe...

Joh 3:15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

YOUR BELIEF EVIDENTLY IS

Joh 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son,(TO THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH ALONE ...that ONLY THOSE THAT believe in THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH should not perish, but have everlasting life.

AND YOU ARE ABOVE ALL MEN..... MOST DECEIVED...
concerned in Brasil

Europe

#535713 May 8, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
I dont know what you're talking about. I try n look some of it up, but the best I get is 18th n 19th century propaganda stuff about the Inquisition. 50 million killed blah blah. Hey, its enough for you to wash your hands. It fits for you, that's why you believe it.
the Church has always had an "inquisition" since the time of the Apostles. They still do today. Its not called Inquisition anymore. Its called (I think) the congregation of the doctrine of the faith. The Apostles had the same thing.(1cor 5:12-13)
Deuteronomy 17:2-5 concerning heresy "you shall inquire diligently" .
There was a tidal wave of heresy not long after the Bible was printed in 1454 AD, thus becoming available to people like you and me for the first time in Christianity. Its as if the devil saw men reading the Bible and decided to have a little fun with the new "private popes". What a mess today.
The big problem with the medieval inquisition was the Papacy allowing the Spanish Monarchy to conduct the trials.
Now you wasted my time by diverting your dillema to this. You think we cant see how sneaky you are? Grant it, you probably dont get any rebuttal when converting a catholic to your sect. Most are unaware that what you're saying is complete B.S.. Its easy to deceive someone that doesnt know their faith. Just point to a Bible verse, for example, "call no man Father" and the poor unsuspecting soul leaves the Catholic faith on account of you!
Unbelievable the lengths your denial will go.

"the Church has always had an "inquisition" since the time of the Apostles." LOL ROFL

Pope Alexander IV established the Office of the Inquisition within Italy in 1254. The first inquisitor was Dominic, a Spaniard who was the founder of the Dominican order of monks.

From New Advent
The Christian teachers of the first three centuries insisted, as was natural for them, on complete religious liberty; furthermore, they not only urged the principle that religion could not be forced on others — a principle always adhered to by the Church in her dealings with the unbaptised — but, when comparing the Mosaic Law and the Christian religion, they taught that the latter was content with a spiritual punishment of heretics (i.e. with excommunication), while Judaism necessarily proceeded against its dissidents with torture and death.

The inquisition of the Middle Ages

Origin

During the first three decades of the thirteenth century the Inquisition, as the institution, did not exist.

From New Advent http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/08026a.htm

Even Your offical RCC new advent web page says I am right and you are wrong about Inquisition.

Wiki http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inquisition

The Inquisition is[1] a group of institutions within the judicial system of the Roman Catholic Church whose aim is to combat heresy. It started in 12th-century France to combat the spread of religious sectarianism, in particular the Cathars and the Waldensians. This Medieval Inquisition persisted into the 14th century, and from the 1250s was associated with the Dominican Order. In the early 14th century, two other organisations attracted the attention of the Inquisition, the Knights Templar and the Beguines.

At the end of the Middle Ages, the concept and scope of the Inquisition was significantly expanded in response to the Protestant Reformation and the Catholic Counter-Reformation. Its geographic scope was expanded to other European countries,[2] resulting in the Spanish Inquisition and Portuguese Inquisition. Those two countries in particular operated the Inquisition throughout their respective empires (Spanish and Portuguese) in the Americas, Asia, and Africa.

It is quite obvious you did not even try to check.

What ever mess you think you see today it is nothing compared to the utter depravity of life and liberty during the Heights of RCC inquisition. If you spent one day under that system you would be crying for what you call today a mess.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#535714 May 8, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
That is your Christianized opinion.
It makes you feel powerful to believe that you are so special as to be chosen for salvation.
Humans in religions suffered from that type of hypnosis long before the word "Christian" ever existed.
You sure like to think you know what I or others believe don't you..it's there in the OT June, nothing powerful or special about it, it's called reading comprehension skills..

#535715 May 8, 2014
<quoted text>
~~~
You evidently do not believe...
Joh 3:15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.
YOUR BELIEF EVIDENTLY IS
Joh 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son,(TO THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH ALONE ...that ONLY THOSE THAT believe in THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH should not perish, but have everlasting life.
AND YOU ARE ABOVE ALL MEN..... MOST DECEIVED...
The messianic prophet Isiah wrote some 700 years before Christ was born..

Isa 53:10 Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.

Isa 53:11 He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied:

by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.

~~~
That you would attempt to palm off your lies

that only those that belong to your exclusive religious cult

are justified by THE SUFFERINGS, DEATH AND RESURRECTION of God's righteous servant JESUS CHRIST

That he only bore the iniquities of those that are adherents to Rome Italy

is reprehensible..
hojo

Waconia, MN

#535716 May 8, 2014
<quoted text>
"Deception" began at the Reformation with Martin Luther and you, Confrinting --and your own "self ( mis) interpreting" bible only ministry is just (another) extension of that deception..... You can keep " attacking, bashing and ripping" the Cathoilic a Church
With your condemning ministry ALL YOU WANt----and especially the TRUE faith and Salvation of ALL Catholics who follow and worship Jesus Christ every single day,---but God knows the heart and the TRUTH of "every One of the 2.1 billion other Catholics around the world------and HE the ONLY one we need to answer to!!-----You " self appointed bible only preaching" has no authority to judge the faith of ANYONE.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#535717 May 8, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
"Deception" began at the Reformation with Martin Luther and you, Confrinting --and your own "self ( mis) interpreting" bible only ministry is just (another) extension of that deception..... You can keep " attacking, bashing and ripping" the Cathoilic a Church
With your condemning ministry ALL YOU WANt----and especially the TRUE faith and Salvation of ALL Catholics who follow and worship Jesus Christ every single day,---but God knows the heart and the TRUTH of "every One of the 2.1 billion other Catholics around the world------and HE the ONLY one we need to answer to!!-----You " self appointed bible only preaching" has no authority to judge the faith of ANYONE.
you are really clueless ain't you..
Michael

Canada

#535718 May 8, 2014
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Right. For once.
They run their own money and they don't run surpluses sufficient to give operating revenue to other parishes.
....The church calls itself universal.

...What's wrong with all dioceses taking up a special collection, or some help from the massive investments the Vatican controls? Over the years there have been many special collections for for different needs.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#535719 May 8, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Where do you suppose the women would go for abortions if the clinics were closed???
You don't think beyond your bible ... and that is your problem.
Your mindset is comparable to the old stiff-necked Catholic, Jerome.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>
Jerome
Some, when they find themselves with child through their sin, use drugs to procure abortion, and when, as often happens, they die with their offspring, they enter the lower world laden with the guilt not only of adultery against Christ but also of suicide and child murder(Letters 22:13 [A.D. 396]).
June , ABORTION was practiced, as I SAID, for centuries, BUT IT WAS NOT THE NORMAL response to unwanted pregnancy ..

Some people's also sacrificed babies to u holy non gods or left them to die.

Jews and Christians,did NOT as a rule ..and thanks to Christianity , this became rarer .

Unfortunately IT HAS,BEEN indoctrinated as such since the seventies..abortion , I mean..

Should Roe ever be overturned, which I doubt, abortion would become more Rare over generations...maybe sanity might prevail with abstinence and using some sense .....regarding sexual practice ..

The country and practices would adapt....there is,NO EXCUSE for abortion in these,numbers with what women know about preventing pregnancy that they did NOT know in the fifties, sixties.. the use of abortion as birth control is the result of NO RESPECT FOR HUMAN LIFE.

having a,child out of wedloc, is heart breaking, so is giving it for adoption, BUT ITS,NOT FATAL as is ABORTIon....and this is fact...not religion..

But FAITH MUST BE TRAMPLED TO INSURE LESS,AND LESS RESPECT FOR LIFE ....as we have seen in this,once great country.....

Again ABORTION WAS NOT THE NORM before Roe V Wade ...there were no 50 million botched abortions,as pro abort want to say..it just was NOT the case, and you know it ...I'm sure they had unwed mother homes,in Canada,or other places for girls ...
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#535720 May 8, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
They have to go back 700 years to find such, and it wasn't even meant for them because they didn't exist. But I can surf my cable stations and find numerous protestant preachers preaching damnation to those who don't read the bible and accept their view of the bible. Never seen or heard a Catholic priest, bishop or pope preach that.
Again, you see certain devil-words that were never in the post in the first place.

I thought our favorite poster - JUNE - simply copied and pasted the words of a pre-Reformation Pope.

The words were very clear. We know that's changed now, right? Heaven has gotten more accepting it seems.

Stop the misunderstanding.Please show us when the RCC started teaching that non-catholics, even Protestants can be saved?

Personally, I believe it's a delusion, which makes things so complicated. A Papal Bull - clear and simple. It was changed. So what?
Michael

Canada

#535721 May 8, 2014
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
The sex scandal is "news"?
I'm sensing that you're throwing mud at the wall yourself here, Mike.
...When the sex scandals were big news just a few years back, catholics themselves did little to show their anger towards the church leaders that allowed these crimes to go on for years. Catholics were silent.

....Catholics in the pews have to start becoming more proactive when serious issues arise in their church....instead of burying their heads in the sand just hoping it will all go away.

....I am sure if such serious crimes were happening in your neighborhood everyone would to some degree help eradicate the issue.........when it happens in a church everyone runs for cover allowing the very people involved to police themselves.

....after all the ones in the pews pay all the bills. Isn't it is time they demand a little more say, instead of church tradition controlling everything.

Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#535722 May 8, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> you are really clueless ain't you..
What was the first clue?

Ramen
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#535723 May 8, 2014
<quoted text>
It is noted you never choose to cite what he taught contrary to the RCC of today that under today's RCC anathema he would be in Hell. Or for that matter any early church fathers teachings that contradict the RCC dogma of today.
The RCC cherry picks a father here and there never acknowledging what they taught overall can never be called what is RC dogma today. Again the overwhelming beliefs of the Early church fathers dogma is closer to mine by a hundred miles then it is to RC dogma.
Cyril is a good case in fact
First and for most Scripture alone for dogma nothing else
NO supremacy of Rome's Pope.
Second I believe in Baptismal regeneration, I believe in the presence of Christ in the Eucharist but I and Cyril have different definitions of those concepts contrary to the meaning and concept of Rome today. Rome uses the words but changes the meaning.
What happened in the Reformation was not to make something new it was to return to what has been and should be and was outside the RCC and bring that to the RCC back to the true Gospel which they had by the 16th century strayed so far from the true Gospel of Jesus she had instituted murder and torture, called it Inquisition for the purpose of converting non believers and making so called heretics recant with 42 Popes via Papal bull and decree implementing it as normative Christian practice for nearly 500 years!
YOU could not call your a sect christian and be further from the Gospel of Jesus than what Rome did from 1000 AD to the 1880 AD, the only thing that stopped her in her bloody tracks are those she condemns via Anathemas today, calls them not true christian fellowships today.
Bible believing Evangelical "protestant" Christians.
IN FACT RC's enjoy freedoms never seen in the Dark Ages and really a thank you is in order to those you name call slander and lie about today.
I think you're being dishonest about your beliefs. I'm curious if you can produce any official creed or statement from your protestant sect regarding your stated beliefs about baptismal regeneration and communion. Don't bother quoting the bible because your sect, like all other protestant sects cite the same as their source of doctrine, yet they completely disagree with you.

Your entire argument comes crumbling down the moment one realizes ALL of the ancient Churches, Eastern Orhodox, Copts, etc., reject your supposed belief in a simply "spiritual" presence. They believe as the Catholic Church in the Real Presence of Christ in the Eucharist. That it is truly His Body and Blood, not just spiritually.

They also believe in the other Sacraments as we do. Baptism necessary for salvation, baptizing infants, confession to a priest, confirmation, holy orders, praying to "dead saints" for their intercession, etc. While you try desperately to pigeon hole the Catholic Church you have no way of explaining how this can be when they are not now and have not been in communion with Rome for over a millennia.

Nice try. You get a C- for effort.
Michael

Canada

#535724 May 8, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
...Quit lieing. There are not 2.1 billion catholics.

2.1 billion (lol). Unbelievable!

....Over the past few years there have been many Catholics on this forum that have left the church along with millions of others. Start factoring those numbers.
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#535725 May 8, 2014
waaasssuuup wrote:
wouldn't you romey caths just love it if your poopy-pope was the religious leader over a world reckognized ecumenical church sanctioned by a world socialist/communist/political leader???
it would be just like old rome all over again!!!
No signs of delusion here.

Moving on.

Ramen
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#535726 May 8, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
Honest to God ... "tongue in cheek"
"Why did you send Jesus to earth to break the covenant that you had with the Jews."
God ... "I didn't send Jesus to earth. That story was completely made up by the Catholic church fathers and written into what they refer to as the new testament."
"Does that mean that your covenant still exists with the Jews as being your chosen few."
God ... "Absolutely!!! I would never fracture my own words! That would mean that I am a liar, and that would be the furthest thing from truth."
There is only one possible explanation for everything -- from the wacky OT God to the posters on this board (except for me).

All gods are delusions (except mine).

Just look at the posts here.

Few if any even try to pretend that Jesus was real and meant what he said.

Who other than JUNE turns the other cheek?

Come to the lite.

Ramen

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#535727 May 8, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
And I say shame on the two of you for whining at others that Jesus won't love them unless they are Christians of your HIGH RANK.
Everybody suffers, but not everybody comes on the forum looking for continual sympathy.
SHE DID NOT....I said argue ideas and stop making allegaiions about winning and hiding , as in leaving to get things,done, which she has to ...

Again, despite the fact I don't agree with most of what you say, you usually are not personally mean spirited as you have been to her ..

Argue ideas not person, please
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#535728 May 8, 2014
<quoted text>
Unbelievable the lengths your denial will go.
"the Church has always had an "inquisition" since the time of the Apostles." LOL ROFL
Pope Alexander IV established the Office of the Inquisition within Italy in 1254. The first inquisitor was Dominic, a Spaniard who was the founder of the Dominican order of monks.
From New Advent
The Christian teachers of the first three centuries insisted, as was natural for them, on complete religious liberty; furthermore, they not only urged the principle that religion could not be forced on others — a principle always adhered to by the Church in her dealings with the unbaptised — but, when comparing the Mosaic Law and the Christian religion, they taught that the latter was content with a spiritual punishment of heretics (i.e. with excommunication), while Judaism necessarily proceeded against its dissidents with torture and death.
The inquisition of the Middle Ages
Origin
During the first three decades of the thirteenth century the Inquisition, as the institution, did not exist.
From New Advent http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/08026a.htm
Even Your offical RCC new advent web page says I am right and you are wrong about Inquisition.
Wiki http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inquisition
The Inquisition is[1] a group of institutions within the judicial system of the Roman Catholic Church whose aim is to combat heresy. It started in 12th-century France to combat the spread of religious sectarianism, in particular the Cathars and the Waldensians. This Medieval Inquisition persisted into the 14th century, and from the 1250s was associated with the Dominican Order. In the early 14th century, two other organisations attracted the attention of the Inquisition, the Knights Templar and the Beguines.
At the end of the Middle Ages, the concept and scope of the Inquisition was significantly expanded in response to the Protestant Reformation and the Catholic Counter-Reformation. Its geographic scope was expanded to other European countries,[2] resulting in the Spanish Inquisition and Portuguese Inquisition. Those two countries in particular operated the Inquisition throughout their respective empires (Spanish and Portuguese) in the Americas, Asia, and Africa.
It is quite obvious you did not even try to check.
What ever mess you think you see today it is nothing compared to the utter depravity of life and liberty during the Heights of RCC inquisition. If you spent one day under that system you would be crying for what you call today a mess.
So what? That was Christianity then.

It's the foundation of your own delusion today.

Of course Catholics have no choice but to deny and minimize torture and murder of the past.

Ask how many murders and tortures WERE ACCEPTABLE -- 10, 1000, 10,000? You'll never get an answer.

The TRUTH belies their delusion. It also belies your own. Think about it.

Come to the lite of the moral God.

Ramen

Since: Sep 09

Burns Lake, Canada

#535729 May 8, 2014
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
<quoted text>
-
-
far be it from me to suggest to you or dictate you do anything, June!
which is, pointedly, why I told you, "don't hold your breath" a few pages back and then modified my statement by telling you you could go right ahead and do just so - if you so desired .....
You are a double-talking fibber. You suggested that this thread is not ABOUT Wicca.

Well, according to that intended "dictate" ... the title of the thread makes it plain that it's also not about Protestantism ... if you really want to get nit-picky.

And it's also not about abortion. But since the subject of abortion is so much entangled in religion ... the subject of abortion comes up on a regular basis, as the so-called pro-lifers refer to those of us who want to keep the clinics open as murderers and offenders of "God's" supposed ever-so-sensitive "feelings."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News WND Anti-Vaxxer Promotion Update 18 hr friend 2
News Pope Francis: 'Trump is not Christian' 22 hr make Donald Drump... 47
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jul 20 I Jus Wanna Live ... 10,173
News Holding the left responsible (Sep '15) Jul 20 Crusader 4
News The 'Obamification' of Pope Francis (Sep '15) Jul 16 odG nDmdea yoHl r... 100
News Turkey disappointed with Pope's Armenian 'genoc... (Apr '15) Jul 14 Hasan Sasirmaz 32
News Pope says Church should ask forgiveness from ga... Jul 9 South Knox Hombre 10
More from around the web