Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 703860 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#535750 May 8, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Until you mentally vomit out all that religious jargon that you keep regurgitating that in turn was compiled by hairy old ignorant men, you won't be able or willing to try to make sense of life on earth.
Wrong June, it is you that has no understanding of what was/is going on here on Earth. The people from the beginning wasn't describing Ignorance, but the History of how it all began. I SUGGEST you read them tablets and others, and see how descriptive they were in describing that stuff. ALL ON CLAY TABLETS JUNE..If you had enough sense to trace it from there, and to other cultures you would see how it all relates, not just from 1 or 2, but from all Ancient Cultures. I bet you suck at putting a puzzle together don't you?
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#535751 May 8, 2014
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, so its okay for the BABY to be murdered just as long as the women doesn't go with it? You're placing value on one life over another. If abortion is illegal, there will be far fewer sought.
And don't kid yourself that there aren't "botched" legal abortions. Plenty of women die from complications, they just don't publish them because it doesn't serve the secular liberal agenda.
Be honest....you don't give one whit about the women or the BABIES. You just like the idea of abortion, women's "rights" and all that trash. Never in the history of mankind have women been so demeaned, degraded, and poverty stricken as since feminism and women's "rights" have come into play. It's been a tragedy and an ongoing nightmare.
On this I total agree, woman's lib complicated our lives even more.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#535752 May 8, 2014
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text> And allow me to puzzle you even more than you already are concerning the disposition of the body of Moses you poor thing. In Deuteronomy when it states that Moses'eyes were not dimmed nor his natural force was not abaled then how does one die when their natural force never abated. Do you guys even know what that means. I seriously doubt it. If his natural force never abated then something had to have have happened if his natural force never abated. GOD TRANSFIGURED HIM though through the eyes of spiritually illiterate men like you you would think he died according to the death of the flesh. Sorry but that didn't happen to Moses. With that natural force never abating God merely transfigured him. How in the hell do you so called Christians on this forum consider yourselves to be teaching anything about the word of God because it is so very foreign to you guys. Almost everyone of you on this forum that call yourselves a Christian. Satan must surely be laughing hilariously at you guys anytime one of you try to explian scripture. It's a shame.
Tony,

Concerning Moses' body....

Deuteronomy 34:6

6 He buried him in Moab, in the valley opposite Beth Peor, but to this day no one knows where his grave is.

Moses was buried by the Lord and the place of his burial was kept secret from all men.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#535753 May 8, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you ask the question what the women are doing in abortion clinics in the first place if they are appalled by abortion???
Idiot!
Your passing that word IDIOT out left and right to everyone as if you are the perfect one.....You must really be the insecure one.....
Regina

Toms River, NJ

#535754 May 8, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> Than you for your support in a past post.....
You're more than welcome.
My heart aches for you; I cried when I heard. It's going to take time, but you'll be all right and then one day you'll be with him again. God be with you.

Location hidden

#535755 May 8, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you ever think about HOW that word heresy meant death to so many innocent humans at the hands of your Roman Catholic organization??? I suggest you are so busy preaching foolishness at others ... you have no time for such enlightenment.
The word heresy (before your church massacred the word) simply meant "ABLE TO CHOOSE."
I suggest you at least TRY (within your mental handicap) to grow some new brain-cells.
What the hell is wrong with you???? Is that how you live your live insulting people that don't believe as YOU DO......you have the right to disagree but you do not have the right to your discusting insulting behavior...IDIOT
hojo

Waconia, MN

#535756 May 8, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
...Quit lieing. There are not 2.1 billion catholics.
2.1 billion (lol). Unbelievable!
....Over the past few years there have been many Catholics on this forum that have left the church along with millions of others. Start factoring those numbers.
Sure Michael!!!!.....As the Catholic Church "continues to grow" --(world-wide)---each and ever year by (AT LEAST)---1.5%---while EVERY bible only Protestant Church continues to decline.
The problem with you Michael is that you keep "desperately hoping" that the (one sided) liberal Catholic numbers that you are "forever digging up" are the direction that the Catholic Church is going------but the reality is that TODAY in 2014, the "New Evangelization " is sweeping the U.S and the rest of the world to unprecedented growth in new parishioners to the Catholic faith, former Catholics returning to the Catholic faith, Bible only Protestants converting to the Catholic faith, new vocations to the priesthood (filling the seminaries, and new(young) sisters becoming Nuns dedicated to Magisterium of the Church (in full habit) ALL of these groups that have been
listed----fully dedicated to their faith and salvation in Jesus Christ and to HIS Apostolic Catholic Church .. You are not only "out of touch " with the TRUTH of Catholic Church "reality growth "but you are "out-of-date with your "liberal-loaded" anti -Catholic statistics that you are so "desperately"try to "slither through the cracks" hoping (beyond hope) that no-one will audit and check out the "agenda items" that you are "attempting to push"!!!
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#535757 May 8, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you're being dishonest about your beliefs. I'm curious if you can produce any official creed or statement from your protestant sect regarding your stated beliefs about baptismal regeneration and communion. Don't bother quoting the bible because your sect, like all other protestant sects cite the same as their source of doctrine, yet they completely disagree with you.
Your entire argument comes crumbling down the moment one realizes ALL of the ancient Churches, Eastern Orhodox, Copts, etc., reject your supposed belief in a simply "spiritual" presence. They believe as the Catholic Church in the Real Presence of Christ in the Eucharist. That it is truly His Body and Blood, not just spiritually.
They also believe in the other Sacraments as we do. Baptism necessary for salvation, baptizing infants, confession to a priest, confirmation, holy orders, praying to "dead saints" for their intercession, etc. While you try desperately to pigeon hole the Catholic Church you have no way of explaining how this can be when they are not now and have not been in communion with Rome for over a millennia.
Nice try. You get a C- for effort.
They are not that much different than the Gentiles in the time of Caligula and Nero the latter which outlawed Christianity. The Romans saw this tiny group as a threat, because they denied the other gods. They were called cannibals and flesh eaters.(The Eucharist) Clearly they didnt understand it as a symbolic guesture. They were said to drown children.(Baptism) They refused to come to the games, they did not allow participation in (Mass) with the uninitiated.(Sound familiar like a protestant not being allowed communion?)It was seen as a religion like no other before and not based in antiquity. They asked those who were dead to pray for them as if they could hear and writing it on their tombs. They saw their teaching as intolerant and non-inclusive and while they preached they set themselves apart.I mean those Catholics were marring brothers and Sisters. lol Of course Christians called each other brother and sister but what does that matter? Its the same type of distortions we hear daily in here, but which paper Pope to follow and which beliefs to pick for themselves is of no consquece because all truth is relative.

I have little doubt that those who were put out embillished and fought against the church turning away completely or creating their own church apart finding those like themselves who were not willing to repent not unlike many Protestants today finding a church that they can mold into their own image of the worldy values they choose and what the real deal is because like Arius and many other heretics the bible told them so. Yet Christ says to Peter, Blessed are you Simon Bar Jonah.(God revealed to him who Jesus was not flesh and blood.) Through faith he received the Grace to see. I name you Rock and upon this Rock I will build my Church not Churches. Christ cried out, Oh Jerusalem how I have longed to have you under one roof. Meanwhile protestants promote division and disunity while proclaiming it doesnt matter. All is good or at least the parts they deem acceptable individually.

Location hidden

#535758 May 8, 2014
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
You're more than welcome.
My heart aches for you; I cried when I heard. It's going to take time, but you'll be all right and then one day you'll be with him again. God be with you.
You knew Nick, You talked to him....Nick was a better person than me. I have no doubt where Nick is but for me, I am not as good of a person as Nick was. I can only hope to be even a tiny bit like Nick. I miss his jokes and his laughter. He was one of a kind for sure. Thank you for your kind words...GBu also
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#535759 May 8, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You want the subject of abortion to be YOUR choice, so that you can continue to believe that you are PLEASING TO your image of a god when you want the abortion clinics to be closed.
I understand more than you imagine your belief that when my focus is to save the lives of women, that I am in cahoots with your Christian devil.
However, I believe that your complete focus is on how God will punish you in a hereafter if you dare to see the issue through the focus of the women who are determined to have abortions.
I have no FEAR that a god exists TO punish me ... so saving the lives of the women is my ONLY focus.
And what about the baby being murdered June and thoughts about the fact these woman are taking a life. Have you ever seen how they abort a baby, have you ever seen garbage cans of aborted fetus, in the back of abortion clinic's .
Have you ever sat holding a woman's hands after they have allowed their baby to be sucked our of them in pieces.
You shoot your mouth off, about things you know nothing about, or give second thought too.
Abortion clinic's make money on the fetuses ,so of course they are pro abortion.
There are many ways a woman can use not to get pregnant, instead of using abort as birth control as Roz- stated.
What's in your heart comes out of your mouth and what comes out of your mouth is pure evil.
concerned in Brasil

Europe

#535760 May 8, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you're being dishonest about your beliefs. I'm curious if you can produce any official creed or statement from your protestant sect regarding your stated beliefs about baptismal regeneration and communion. Don't bother quoting the bible because your sect, like all other protestant sects cite the same as their source of doctrine, yet they completely disagree with you.
Your entire argument comes crumbling down the moment one realizes ALL of the ancient Churches, Eastern Orhodox, Copts, etc., reject your supposed belief in a simply "spiritual" presence. They believe as the Catholic Church in the Real Presence of Christ in the Eucharist. That it is truly His Body and Blood, not just spiritually.

cut for space

no way of explaining how this can be when they are not now and have not been in communion with Rome for over a millennia.
Nice try. You get a C- for effort.
There is no such thing as an official creed per say so who the heck knows what you are asking for this time is beyond me but for sure its just another diversionary tactic to avoid the question that has gone unanswered the past two weeks about the Inquistions

It is of no consequence what you or the Orthodox choose to believe some 400-500 years after the fact again I choose the Bible as the final authority The very word of God.

That being said the closer one gets to the Apostles the more we see early church fathers believing as I do.

The Didache or Teaching of the Twelve Apostles It is an early manual of Church discipline dated from between the late first century and 140 A.D., and it simply refers to the Lord’s Supper as spiritual food and drink

Tertullian (155/160-240/250 A.D.) spoke of the bread and wine in the eucharist as symbols or figures which represent the body and blood of Christ. He specifically stated that these were not the literal body and blood of the Lord. When Christ said,‘This is my body,’ Tertullian maintained that Jesus was speaking figuratively and that he consecrated the wine ‘in memory of his blood’(Against Marcion 3.19).

Clement of Alexandria (150-211/216 A.D.) also called the bread and wine symbols of the body and blood of Christ, and taught that the communicant received not the physical but the spiritual life of Christ.8 Origen (185-253/254 A.D.), likewise, speaks in distinctively spiritual and allegorical terms when referring to the eucharist.

Eusebius of Caesarea (263-340 A.D.) identified the elements with the body and blood of Christ but, like Tertullian, saw the elements as being symbolical or representative of spiritual realities.9 He specifically states that the bread and wine are symbols of the Lord’s body and blood and that Christ’s words in John 6 are to be understood spiritually and figuratively as opposed to a physical and literal sense.

But in the end the Bible is the decider for me, you see your Sect claims that what you teach about the Eucharist is the unanimous teaching of all the early fathers and has never changed.

But clearly many did not believe the Eucharist as literal blood and flesh

For me its here nor there, I can fellowship with either Christians view and it is of no consequence to salvation. No Apostle, nor did Jesus say that it was necessary to believe it was real blood and flesh to be saved.

The fact three Sects not in communion with each yet believe the same thing should be speaking no screaming at you something is wrong with these three sects.

Again for me its of no consequence there could be 20 sects and again that would only mean 17 more sects are in error for over 1000 years because It's not a vote, its not dependent on a man made organization for me.

For me its the Word of God and what is taught in the Bible and where your Sect teaches on the Eucharist is clearly in contradiction to the very words of Jesus.

That is all that matters to me what Jesus taught, what his word teaches.

Location hidden

#535761 May 8, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
SHE DID NOT....I said argue ideas and stop making allegaiions about winning and hiding , as in leaving to get things,done, which she has to ...
Again, despite the fact I don't agree with most of what you say, you usually are not personally mean spirited as you have been to her ..
Argue ideas not person, please
Rose...thank you for your support. Her words do not hurt me. I am now on a different level spiritually thanks to Nicks passing. I understand that porr June has a medical problem and its called Diarrhea of the Mouth...we should pity her.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#535762 May 8, 2014
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text> And allow me to puzzle you even more than you already are concerning the disposition of the body of Moses you poor thing. In Deuteronomy when it states that Moses'eyes were not dimmed nor his natural force was not abaled then how does one die when their natural force never abated. Do you guys even know what that means. I seriously doubt it. If his natural force never abated then something had to have have happened if his natural force never abated. GOD TRANSFIGURED HIM though through the eyes of spiritually illiterate men like you you would think he died according to the death of the flesh. Sorry but that didn't happen to Moses. With that natural force never abating God merely transfigured him. How in the hell do you so called Christians on this forum consider yourselves to be teaching anything about the word of God because it is so very foreign to you guys. Almost everyone of you on this forum that call yourselves a Christian. Satan must surely be laughing hilariously at you guys anytime one of you try to explian scripture. It's a shame.
Tony,

When speaking of Moses and Elijah, the Bible says that they "appeared in glory."

Luke 9:31

31 They spoke about his departure, which he was about to bring to fulfillment at Jerusalem.

They did not just appear in a natural way but "in glory."

Luke 9:32-33

32 Peter and his companions were very sleepy, but when they became fully awake, they saw his glory and the two men standing with him.

33 As the men were leaving Jesus, Peter said to him,“Master, it is good for us to be here. Let us put up three shelters—one for you, one for Moses and one for Elijah.”(He did not know what he was saying.)

Colossians 3:4

4 When Christ, who is your life, appears, then you also will appear with him in glory.

Matthew 24:30

30 “Then will appear the sign of the Son of Man in heaven. And then all the peoples of the earth will mourn when they see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven, with power and great glory.[
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Burns Lake, Canada

#535763 May 8, 2014
In case anyone is interested, I just mailed the following revised version off to editors of newspapers.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

When it pertains to the subject of abortion, the term "pro-life" is very misleading.

When her mind is absolutely set on having an abortion, it is impossible to stop a women from having an abortion, and therefore it's impossible to save a fetus from being aborted.

However, if the abortion clinics were closed, many young women, and even middle-aged women would be at risk of infection, mutilation and death, as occurred on a regular basis before abortion became legal.

To those in religion, the word pro-life is seductive, as when they try to close the clinics they are certain that they are saving fetuses from being aborted, and in turn that they are pleasing the will of God.

If the abortion clinics were to close, abortions would continue, many more women would die, and no fetuses whatsoever would be saved. That is the reality of the issue concerning the subject of abortion.

I suggest that the word "pro-life" should mean to focus on keeping the abortion-clinics open, and in turn, saving the lives of the women.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#535764 May 8, 2014
"What does the Bible say about abortion?"

Answer: The Bible never specifically addresses the issue of abortion. However, there are numerous teachings in Scripture that make it abundantly clear what God’s view of abortion is. Jeremiah 1:5 tells us that God knows us before He forms us in the womb. Psalm 139:13-16 speaks of God’s active role in our creation and formation in the womb. Exodus 21:22-25 prescribes the same penalty—death—for someone who causes the death of a baby in the womb as for someone who commits murder. This clearly indicates that God considers a baby in the womb to be as human as a full-grown adult. For the Christian, abortion is not a matter of a woman’s right to choose. It is a matter of the life or death of a human being made in God’s image (Genesis 1:26-27; 9:6).

The first argument that always arises against the Christian stance on abortion is “What about cases of rape and/or incest?” As horrible as it would be to become pregnant as a result of rape and/or incest, is the murder of a baby the answer? Two wrongs do not make a right. The child who is a result of rape/incest could be given in adoption to a loving family unable to have children on their own, or the child could be raised by its mother. Again, the baby is completely innocent and should not be punished for the evil acts of its father.

cont
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#535765 May 8, 2014
cont

The second argument that usually arises against the Christian stance on abortion is “What about when the life of the mother is at risk?” Honestly, this is the most difficult question to answer on the issue of abortion. First, let’s remember that this situation is the reason behind less than one-tenth of one percent of the abortions done in the world today. Far more women have an abortion for convenience than women who have an abortion to save their own lives. Second, let’s remember that God is a God of miracles. He can preserve the life of a mother and a child despite all the medical odds being against it. Ultimately, though, this question can only be decided between a husband, wife, and God. Any couple facing this extremely difficult situation should pray to the Lord for wisdom (James 1:5) as to what He would have them to do.

Over 95 percent of the abortions performed today involve women who simply do not want to have a baby. Less than 5 percent of abortions are for the reasons of rape, incest, or the mother's health at risk. Even in the more difficult 5 percent of instances, abortion should never be the first option. The life of a human being in the womb is worth every effort to allow the child to be born.

For those who have had an abortion, remember that the sin of abortion is no less forgivable than any other sin. Through faith in Christ, all sins can be forgiven (John 3:16; Romans 8:1; Colossians 1:14). A woman who has had an abortion, a man who has encouraged an abortion, or even a doctor who has performed one—can all be forgiven by faith in Jesus Christ.

www.gotquestions.org/abortion
hojo

Waconia, MN

#535766 May 8, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> you are really clueless ain't you..
"Cluelessness" began with Martin Luther beginning at the 16th century Protestant Reformation and has now carried over into 42,200+ other contradicting and inconsistent 21st century Protestant denominations in which bible only self interpretation ( or better yet mis-interpretation) of The Word of God with has resulted in "mass confusion and chaos!"!.........The difference is that Jesus Christs OneTrue Catholic Church---for over 2000 years has retained, embraced and followed the TRUTH of the "Mass" ---- leaving the Protestants with over 450 years with the "confusion and chaos" !!!
Regina

Toms River, NJ

#535767 May 8, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you ever think about HOW that word heresy meant death to so many innocent humans at the hands of your Roman Catholic organization??? I suggest you are so busy preaching foolishness at others ... you have no time for such enlightenment.
The word heresy (before your church massacred the word) simply meant "ABLE TO CHOOSE."
I suggest you at least TRY (within your mental handicap) to grow some new brain-cells.
I did grow some; just this morning in fact. That's why I hurried up and posted before they disappeared. They're only good for a certain length of time, you know. But, boy, are they powerful when you've got 'em!
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#535768 May 8, 2014
"How can a woman experience healing and recovery after an abortion?"

Answer: Sad to say, having an abortion and regretting it later is an all-too-common experience. While what has been done cannot be undone, women can experience healing and recovery after an abortion. The God of all comfort and healing is more than able to ease the sorrow and pain of an abortion and can restore women to life and joy.

Although children are always a blessing, they do not always arrive under the most blessed of circumstances. One of the consequences of pre-marital sex is often the conception of an unwanted child. This can be a frightening experience for someone who is not financially, emotionally, or physically prepared for such a responsibility. Many women and teenage girls who decide to seek an abortion are scared, confused, desperate, and extremely vulnerable. In their search for answers, they are fooled into believing that unborn children are expendable "lumps of tissue," not really pre-born human beings. Often this revelation comes later, in the form of post-abortion stress syndrome, guilt, and depression.

There is good news for anyone who has had an abortion, and that is that God offers forgiveness to anyone who asks for it. Romans 3:22 says, "We are made right in God's sight when we trust in Jesus Christ to take away our sins. And we all can be saved in this same way, no matter who we are or what we have done." It is never too late to come to God for healing. There is nothing we can do that is so bad it is unforgivable. God offers this forgiveness, and He also offers peace of mind and heart, if we will only receive it by putting our faith in the Christ, Jesus, allowing Him permanent residence and authority in our lives.

.gotquestions.org/

Location hidden

#535769 May 8, 2014
For June......I must go and start my day. I will be cleaning the inside of the car. I have an appointment this a noon for an auto checkup. Hope that's ok with you....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope Tells Bishops Not to Accept Gay Seminarians Jun 1 Fundie Sniffling 4
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) May 28 Apostolic of another 10,775
News Pope Francis reportedly tells gay man: 'God mad... May 25 The Lightbearer 9
News Pope to gay sex abuse victim: 'God loves you' May 25 RalphB 8
News God made you gay' pope tells victim of clergy s... May '18 Hahahlolahah 6
News What Pope Francis and Obama may talk about (Sep '15) May '18 Serial deserters 54
News Alfie Evans' dad meets POPE to plead for asylum... Apr '18 C Kersey 1