Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
516,861 - 516,880 of 538,836 Comments Last updated 6 min ago
Regina

Toms River, NJ

#535332 May 6, 2014
As with any other court, there are expenses involved.
Although many people are at first offended by this need, when one
considers the many hours of staff work, the need for office space and
equipment, professional services (both legal and psychological), it is
remarkable that tribunals manage to keep the costs as low as they
do. Virtually no tribunal asks the parties to underwrite the entire
cost of the case; usually an offering to cover a portion of the expenses
is requested.

**********Canon law requires that no person be denied access to
the process merely because of an inability to make any financial
contribution, and every tribunal has a number of cases every year
that are handled without any cost to the petitioner.*********

Popular misconceptions and GOSSIP inflate the offerings requested by
tribunals from petitioners dramatically.
http://www.kofc.org/un/en/resources/cis/cis30 ...
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#535333 May 6, 2014
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting. They're going to have quite a few more Steves and Bobs seeking "marriage" counseling these days.
Look, he was reduced to calling us both names and lying in order to try to prove his point. Apparently calumny and ridicule are also approved of along with same-sex "marriage" in their cults. There's a lot of jealousy there, hence the "club" and all that other nonsense they come out with. These folks are not secure in their faith, but then how could they be? At most their sects are a few decades old, so they have no choice but to lash out in anger and abuse in order to assuage their frustration. Ignoring them is always the best move.
Annulments to my church approves to same-sex marriage. Clay switches gears a lot too when he looks like an idiot.
Regina

Toms River, NJ

#535334 May 6, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
ReginaM. See you went off topic again. Stay focused!..... Old age sucks eh!
Only 6% of american catholics make up the world catholic population, but american catholics have 50-70% of the catholic world annulments, and these numbers have BEEN CONSISTANT FOR OVER 30 YEARS.
Yes we all know divorce rates are down. They have to go down. Every couple divorced is one less couple available to be divorced. So the pool of eligable divorcees becomes smaller. Its simple mathematics.
Well, you should know about old age! I'm not there yet.

Umm, yes, it's one less couple to be divorced...but they're being replaced with newly married couples, duh!

Hey, don't shoot the messenger, I'm only pasting from the link YOU provided and cherry picked from.

It's a great article, I highly recommend it be read in its entirety!

THANK YOU!!
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#535335 May 6, 2014
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey.....Chuck.....
"Canon law requires that no person be denied access to
tribunals from petitioners dramatically."
wow...that is so kind of them. You must be so proud..lol

but if they can make a financial contribution, their take it.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#535336 May 6, 2014
[QUOTE who="ReginaM."]Preci sely because the Church holds so strongly to the
indissolubility of marriage, it must face the question of who is
married. Since she believes that there is a content to marriage,
proper Church authority can sometimes declare that people who
have been through a wedding ceremony are not married.
The divorce percentage rate in the United States has dropped
from 48 percent in 1992 to 40 percent in 2000. Not every marriage
that ends in divorce was null at its beginning. That is why it is all
the more important that the Church provides the opportunity for
the investigation of marriages, where this is requested by either of
the parties, to see if a decree of nullity can be issued. In a society
where two out of every five marriages end in divorce, the increase in
the number of annulments surely must come as no surprise; it is
only by carefully investigating each petition that the Church can
with sure conviction maintain that true marriage is a firm and
lifelong commitment between two people.
http://www.kofc.org/un/en/resources/cis/cis30...
[/QUOTE]

ReginaM.......

.....again! Only 6% of american catholics make up the grand total of catholics worldwide, yet 50-70% of all catholic annulments happen in america.

....something is terribly wrong ReginaM.!!
Regina

Toms River, NJ

#535337 May 6, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
ReginaM........You once told me you NEVER open my links.
Who is fibbing now??........
Oh, I'll open the Knights of Columbus!

“Greater Love Than This”

Since: Aug 08

Has No Man

#535338 May 6, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I might not be suspicious of her behavior, IF when came back to the forum she cared to answer the questions put to her before she had to "go to work" ... but ... she never does that. So I tend to believe that "going to work" is a copout!
Did it ever occur to you that maybe she just stops in between doing the things necessary for a woman whose world has,JUST been knocked over ......I'm glad to see her posting at all.....have a heart ....Please
Regina

Toms River, NJ

#535339 May 6, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
ReginaM.......
.....again! Only 6% of american catholics make up the grand total of catholics worldwide, yet 50-70% of all catholic annulments happen in america.
....something is terribly wrong ReginaM.!!
I'll say! What's wrong is that people don't have any idea what marriage really means. It's permanent, there is no back door. But society is telling us otherwise. And there's a slew off other impediments that I've not addressed here. Sleeping together does not make a marriage, or else every prostitute and their customer is married. Is someone who gets married after they've just visited the men's room and snorted a few lines in a position to give full consent to their vows? Maybe....maybe not. Clearly the marriage broke down or else there wouldn't have been a civil divorce, so that break down needs to be investigated for sacramental validity if requested.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#535340 May 6, 2014
[QUOTE who="ReginaM."]<q uoted text>
The children are perfectly legitimate. The couple's legal marriage is recognized. The Church annulment was granted based on the fact that the marriage was found not to be sacramental. The legal dissolution of the marriage took place in the civil courts, not the Church. It would be best to ask any questions of those who know the faith rather than those who have no clue what the teachings of the Church are. That's why there's so much misinformation floating around.[/QUOTE]

ReginaM....

...Misinformation???

......If. thousands of catholics seek a civil divorce every year,, how does the church keep accurate records of those that are married and those divorced if the vast majority of divorced catholics do not go back to the church they were married in change the record or inform the priest?
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#535341 May 6, 2014
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll say! What's wrong is that people don't have any idea what marriage really means. It's permanent, there is no back door. But society is telling us otherwise. And there's a slew off other impediments that I've not addressed here. Sleeping together does not make a marriage, or else every prostitute and their customer is married. Is someone who gets married after they've just visited the men's room and snorted a few lines in a position to give full consent to their vows? Maybe....maybe not. Clearly the marriage broke down or else there wouldn't have been a civil divorce, so that break down needs to be investigated for sacramental validity if requested.
,..There is no drivers test to get married. How many people really, in their twenties know enough of life to make such a commitment? I know if I could turn the clock back I would have not got married at the age I did.
......I have been happily married for over 40 years. Have there been bumps along the way? Absolutely. Some people experience bigger bumps than others.
...a lot of things Change over years, including people. I know several divorcees including my own family. They are happier that way.
....Who are we to judge?......and who knows what goes on behind closed doors.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#535342 May 6, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Chuck" <quoted text>
Let's hear God's opinion of the matter...
KM
Let me guess,... you are certain you can read words in a book written by hairy ape-like men and in turn that qualifies you to know the mind of a supposed god???

You have quite as sense of humor.

Prince George, Canada

#535343 May 6, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Did it ever occur to you that maybe she just stops in between doing the things necessary for a woman whose world has,JUST been knocked over ......I'm glad to see her posting at all.....have a heart ....Please
If she came here to answer questions, I would agree with you. But she comes here to converse with those who agree with her and to completely ignore to answer the questions asked of her.

She's not the first person in history to have a lot on her plate and if she is THAT overloaded, I suggest she wouldn't HAVE time to converse on a forum.

I suggest you should try being realistic for a change.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#535344 May 6, 2014
who="Regina" <quoted text>
No, Kay, calling me childish and putting me down does not disguise the fact that you like to fling mud at the Church every chance you get. To what purpose would you post such articles if not to point at someone else and say "Look at what THEY did", rather than to address the problems in your own backyard? Your motives are not altruistic.
I was pointing out that the UN is being absurd and is surely not credible given the fact that they also consider it "torture" to deny women access to abortions. Not "pointing elsewhere". Yet you still refuse to decry their injustice against the unborn and would rather ridicule me. That says far more about you. But that seems to be a typical tactic among the fundies here. You might want to rethink your behavior.

----------
Regina...I didn't fling mud at the CC...just pointed out a couple of news items. If the CC doesn't want the 'mud', they should stop stirring it up.

I am opposed to abortion, and the U.N is not even worth honorable mention.

Ridicule YOU ??? I didn't even direct my post to you!

KayMarie

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#535345 May 6, 2014
who="Regina" Precisely because the Church holds so strongly to the
indissolubility of marriage, it must face the question of who is
married. Since she believes that there is a content to marriage,
proper Church authority can sometimes declare that people who
have been through a wedding ceremony are not married.
The divorce percentage rate in the United States has dropped
from 48 percent in 1992 to 40 percent in 2000. Not every marriage
that ends in divorce was null at its beginning. That is why it is all
the more important that the Church provides the opportunity for
the investigation of marriages, where this is requested by either of
the parties, to see if a decree of nullity can be issued. In a society
where two out of every five marriages end in divorce, the increase in
the number of annulments surely must come as no surprise; it is
only by carefully investigating each petition that the Church can
with sure conviction maintain that true marriage is a firm and
lifelong commitment between two people.
http://www.kofc.org/un/en/resources/cis/cis30...

----------
If the CC wants a firm and lifelong commitment between two people, they should stop 'officiating' at their separation.

KM

Prince George, Canada

#535346 May 6, 2014
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey.....Chuck.....
"Canon law requires that no person be denied access to
tribunals from petitioners dramatically."
Annulments are a Catholic Joke.

I suggest have a divorce and get it over with.

If two people make each other miserable, why should they spend their lives in misery simply because old men in dresses in a church made rules by their own wills.??

Prince George, Canada

#535347 May 6, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
People with jobs also have routines June. Pretty simple really.
You seem to think that folks come here for the same reasons that you do.
You get all hot and bothered when someone does not respond in EXACTLY the way, fashion, and in the time frame YOU allow for a response.
>YOU< are here all day every day, like it is your job and mission in life. Other people have other things to do, and get up and go do them from time to time. You assume they are purposely avoiding you. You overestimate your power and authority here June. Not everyone is enamored by your attack tactics, assumptions, stereotyping, and accusations sans merit.
Personally it would be impossible for me to care any less when someone comes or goes here. You take it personally and then accuse the other person of something or other ... again.
Piffle! I already explained my opinion to you and if you don't like it, I suggest you go ask your source of all wisdom whether or not I have a right to my own opinion.

:)

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#535348 May 6, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope.
I have told you repeatedly that was written to see where you would take it.
She is still running with it, hahaha!

Prince George, Canada

#535349 May 6, 2014
Regina wrote:
Precisely because the Church holds so strongly to the
indissolubility of marriage,
They just want Catholics to reproduce as Catholics in order to pollute the world WITH more Catholics.

If a Catholic married a Protestant, the husband and wife and the children might all become Protestants and you KNOW that you and the pope would not appreciate that ... not even one little bit.

Prince George, Canada

#535350 May 6, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, everyone one on the board, pray that all children with cancer under age 12 be cured tomorrow.
Ramen
PS - I don't think many people believe God will do that.)
They always cover for the supposed ILL-behavior of the god, by claiming that it has it's "reasons" for not wanting to end the suffering.

YUCK!
Liam

Houston, TX

#535351 May 6, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Catholic priests have it pretty good. They each get a salary around $18-$22,000. Room and board, health plan, car allowance, dental plan, pension. No heavy lifting, no snow shovelling no grass cutting, never go on strike, never get laid off. No wife or screaming kids to financially support or spend time with, given $50-$100 stipends for every funeral mass, baptism, graduation ceremony, wedding, they perform. KACHING! Go away every year on a nice holiday with other priests. The good old life!
Say One mass a day, perform few weddings/funerals a month, visit a few sick people, and the parishioners on committees take care of the rest.
What does a priest do at 2 in the afternoon?
Thats the pay and benefits my 18 yr old kid has.. Hardly a career.
Would it make you happy if we took away our clergy health and dental plan?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 18 hr Maverick 8,274
Filipino Catholics hails new saints Thu ELIAS IBARRA 45
Agenda for Pope's apostolic visit to Sri Lanka ... Wed Ponniah 1
Allah is great.... (Jul '13) Aug 26 christ 170
Cuba to build first Catholic church in decades Aug 25 WE JUST DONT CARE 37
Pope Aims At Revival of Holy Roman Empire Aug 23 Patriot 1
St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes Aug 23 ELIAS IBARRA 46
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••