Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 640982 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#535687 May 7, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Tony, Tony, Tony,
During his ministry, Elijah had performed 14 miracles by the power of God that rested upon him.
If Elisha received a double portion of Elijah’s spirit, he would perform at least 28 miracles.
When he died, though, he had only performed 27 miracles.
But, what about his BONES??????
The miracle of resurrection involving his bones made the 28th miracle performed.
The miracle was an accurate fulfillment of the provision of a double portion of the spirit of Elijah resting upon Elisha.
I choose to stick with these miracles.....

http://www.theseason.org/2kings/miracles.htm

There is no need to add to or subtract from the word of God. Theres something you have missed but I really don't have the inclination to take you by the hand at this time and try to correct you.
hojo

Waconia, MN

#535688 May 7, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you suppose if Catholic women were not having abortions that your hierarchy would have started "Project Rachel" which is a program set up to help Catholic women with "therapy" after having abortions???
You really should preach less and study more.
The fact is that you "yourself" should study AND research more!........The majority of these women had abortions "prior to" becoming Catholic !!!!
concerned in Brasil

Europe

#535689 May 7, 2014
marge wrote:
Cib, I have a question for you. Do you believe in the real presence because Jesus said 'This is my body broken for you'?
Marge

As time passes meanings of words change and a different word is used to communicate the same meaning idea.

So when we are translating Greek into English we need to know the context of the document to determine the meaning.

If I cherry pick a line out of context for example "I sliced the Ball" you would think I cut the ball in half.

But if you read before and after and saw I was talking about Gold you would now think the Ball shot to the left if I am right handed shot.

So what is Real Presence it meant different things to different people in different centuries so I go back to the Bible, "I am a radical" and all radical meant only 100 years ago was going back to the Root. The word now only 100 years later means a bad person big headed bigoted and biased and generally a nut case.

So to answer what I Believe

Clearly Cannibalism is a Biblical sin. Clearly before Jesus the Lamb offered for Sins in the temple was burnt on the alter. No one ate it.
So to eat the sacrifice had never been before Jesus so why should we eat the sacrifice now.

The RC would argue because of what Jesus said but when you read before and after his words of eat his flesh and drink his blood..........

Jesus said these words are Spirit clearly negating any material or physical properties in that which he asked us to do. Like slicing the ball analogy when one reads all in context it is clear Jesus is using metaphor to explain a spiritual reality.

The presence of Jesus is at the Eucharist because anywhere two or more are gathered in His Name he is present.

The presence of Jesus is in the Spirit, it is a REAL spiritual presence and with our actions of eating the elements show our fellow believers and God we associate ourselves with Jesus death and Resurrection, understanding there is nothing in of ourselves that can redeem us only the sacrifice of Jesus on the Cross 2000 years ago.

We are called to do this as an act of obedience not to be saved but because we all ready are saved.
There is no salvation in the Eucharist and no salvation maintained by the Eucharist it is an act of obedience that demonstrates you are saved.

Blessings are in the Truth of Jesus the Christ.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#535690 May 7, 2014
concerned in Brasil wrote:
<quoted text>
5 And Moses the servant of the Lord died there in Moab, as the Lord had said. 6 He buried him[a] in Moab, in the valley opposite Beth Peor, but to this day no one knows where his grave is. 7 Moses was a hundred and twenty years old when he died, yet his eyes were not weak nor his strength gone. 8 The Israelites grieved for Moses in the plains of Moab thirty days, until the time of weeping and mourning was over.
I'm having difficulty getting you guys to understand what and where it happened. In Moab is where the TRANSFIGURATION TOOK PLACE. God buries by transfiguration though it will say buried. Gods ways are not our ways. Understand that. And no one knew where Moses grave was because THERE WAS NO GRAVE. With scripture sometimes one has to read between the lines with SPIRITUAL DISCERNMENT.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#535691 May 7, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Don t call her a whiner.....shame on you
And I say shame on the two of you for whining at others that Jesus won't love them unless they are Christians of your HIGH RANK.

Everybody suffers, but not everybody comes on the forum looking for continual sympathy.

Prince George, Canada

#535692 May 7, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> But if you can't see the Depth of the story and meaning of why Jesus was sent, then you are Truly Lost ..
That is your Christianized opinion.

It makes you feel powerful to believe that you are so special as to be chosen for salvation.

Humans in religions suffered from that type of hypnosis long before the word "Christian" ever existed.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#535693 May 7, 2014
<quoted text>
Really that completely negates the NT where those in need would make there needs known and those with plenty would provide selling properties etc.
You equate asking for help with someone on the street with their hat out asking for spare change begging that's pure deceit on your part and a false dichotomy.
The Believers Share Their Possessions
32 All the believers were one in heart and mind. No one claimed that any of their possessions was their own, but they shared everything they had. 33 With great power the apostles continued to testify to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus. And God’s grace was so powerfully at work in them all 34 that there were no needy persons among them. For from time to time those who owned land or houses sold them, brought the money from the sales 35 and put it at the apostles’ feet, and it was distributed to anyone who had need.
36 Joseph, a Levite from Cyprus, whom the apostles called Barnabas (which means “son of encouragement”), 37 sold a field he owned and brought the money and put it at the apostles’ feet.
You must be in one of those churches that begs huh?

Shepherds Chapel has a broadcast bill of 75,000 dollars per month yet the bill is met every month and no begging is done. Why? Because if God is in support of a church then He will provide for the ministry without begging every Tom ,Dick and Harry that stands on the street. GOD IS NOT A BEGGAR but those that think they're Gods servants are beggars.

And this scripture you posted above I 'm sorry but you GREATLY MISUNDERSTOOD it.

Prince George, Canada

#535694 May 7, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Abortion is not a,NORMAL response,to pregnancy
It IS to the women whose other types of birth control failed them and don't want to be pregnant.

What seems normal to you, seems abnormal to others.

You just don't GET that, as you think that all people of the world should follow your personalized dictates.

It ain't gonna happen.

I want the clinics to stay open so that your relatives and mine will have the best help possible when they choose to have abortions.

Prince George, Canada

#535695 May 7, 2014
guest wrote:
<d'oh, search me! Uh, no, wait a minute ... maybe because THIS thread is NOT about WICCA?
Are you trying to dictate to me that I can't state that Protestants are leaving to join Wicca???

hojo wanted to claim that this thread is only about Catholicism, but darned if you didn't come uninvited to post about your Protestant religion.

Hahahahaha

Prince George, Canada

#535696 May 7, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
What's up with you ....really you are usually not so horrid
You've always believed I was horrid and that you are wonderful.

Prince George, Canada

#535697 May 7, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact is that you "yourself" should study AND research more!........The majority of these women had abortions "prior to" becoming Catholic !!!!
You are such a fibber hojo.

Most of the women that came to Dr. Morgentaler for abortions were Catholic.

After all, his first clinic was in Montreal Quebec, where his neighbors were for the most part Catholic.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

From the book “Morgentaler … The doctor who couldn’t turn away … by Eleanor Wright Pelrine, Published 1975 … comes the following ………

Shortly before his first arrest Dr. Morgentaler aborted a 51-year-old patient who already had 11 children. She ranked high on what he describe as “the hierarchy of need”. Perhaps those who most need abortion are the over 40s. For such women serious reasons, some of them psychological, make the burden of new motherhood impossible. One, a French-Canadian woman of 45, widowed, with four or five children and several grandchildren, was frantic when she consulted Dr. Morgentaler. She had been living what she described as a very decent and proper life, and she became involved with a man. As she explained,“I’m only human.” The man made advances to her, she gave in, and eventually became pregnant. She was strongly Catholic, and yet for this widow with grown children to have a baby at 45, would have been a disgrace she was unable to face, a disgrace not only for herself, but for her family, too. She begged Dr. Morgentaler to help her. Of course he would.

“She was,” he remembers,“one of the happiest women who ever walked out of my office. Despite her strong religious beliefs, it was obvious that her personal catastrophe overrode all counter-inclinations.”

Prince George, Canada

#535698 May 7, 2014
From the book “Morgentaler … The doctor who couldn’t turn away … by Eleanor Wright Pelrine, Published 1975 … comes the following

Religion was deeply entrenched in Montreal then, and the Quebec educational system was still dominated by the Roman Catholic Church. Nevertheless, young Dr. Morgentaler Mustered the courage to speak out for separation of church and state, risking retaliation
marge

Leesburg, GA

#535699 May 7, 2014
<quoted text>
Marge
As time passes meanings of words change and a different word is used to communicate the same meaning idea.
So when we are translating Greek into English we need to know the context of the document to determine the meaning.
If I cherry pick a line out of context for example "I sliced the Ball" you would think I cut the ball in half.
But if you read before and after and saw I was talking about Gold you would now think the Ball shot to the left if I am right handed shot.
So what is Real Presence it meant different things to different people in different centuries so I go back to the Bible, "I am a radical" and all radical meant only 100 years ago was going back to the Root. The word now only 100 years later means a bad person big headed bigoted and biased and generally a nut case.
So to answer what I Believe
Clearly Cannibalism is a Biblical sin. Clearly before Jesus the Lamb offered for Sins in the temple was burnt on the alter. No one ate it.
So to eat the sacrifice had never been before Jesus so why should we eat the sacrifice now.
The RC would argue because of what Jesus said but when you read before and after his words of eat his flesh and drink his blood..........
Jesus said these words are Spirit clearly negating any material or physical properties in that which he asked us to do. Like slicing the ball analogy when one reads all in context it is clear Jesus is using metaphor to explain a spiritual reality.
The presence of Jesus is at the Eucharist because anywhere two or more are gathered in His Name he is present.
The presence of Jesus is in the Spirit, it is a REAL spiritual presence and with our actions of eating the elements show our fellow believers and God we associate ourselves with Jesus death and Resurrection, understanding there is nothing in of ourselves that can redeem us only the sacrifice of Jesus on the Cross 2000 years ago.
We are called to do this as an act of obedience not to be saved but because we all ready are saved.
There is no salvation in the Eucharist and no salvation maintained by the Eucharist it is an act of obedience that demonstrates you are saved.
Blessings are in the Truth of Jesus the Christ.
[The presence of Jesus is in the Spirit, it is a REAL spiritual presence and with our actions of eating the elements show our fellow believers and God we associate ourselves with Jesus death and Resurrection, understanding there is nothing in of ourselves that can redeem us only the sacrifice of Jesus on the Cross 2000 years ago.
We are called to do this as an act of obedience not to be saved but because we all ready are saved.]

Amen CiB I agree with all you say and yes Blessings are in JESUS!

United States

#535700 May 7, 2014
guest wrote:
d'oh, search me! Uh, no, wait a minute ... maybe because THIS thread is NOT about WICCA?
-
-
June VanDerMark wrote:
Are you trying to dictate to me that I can't state that Protestants are leaving to join Wicca???
hojo wanted to claim that this thread is only about Catholicism, but darned if you didn't come uninvited to post about your Protestant religion.
Hahahahaha
-
-
far be it from me to suggest to you or dictate you do anything, June!
which is, pointedly, why I told you, "don't hold your breath" a few pages back and then modified my statement by telling you you could go right ahead and do just so - if you so desired .....
marge

Leesburg, GA

#535701 May 7, 2014
Anthony dear I see what you are doing! You are comparing current RC teachings by cherry-picking old so called fathers teachings until they agree with one another.

Your a Believer you can compare what they say to what is written, you have the authority in Jesus, He promised, His Spirit will lead you to all you need!

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#535702 May 7, 2014
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>ANYTIME you have a church begging for money for this or for that you can tell that God is not in that Church because when God establishes a church or someone God will provide for that church without having to beg or ask for love offerings and having bake sales trying to raise money etc. Anytime a church does that then that church is achurch led by the devil because GOD IS NOT A BEGGAR.
the FACT that persons in the church would buy pews(in the church that I Pastored, several families purchased stained glass windows) indicates that they never begged, never had cake socials or anything like that.

every post that you make shows a decided lack of Spiritual maturity coming from you.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#535703 May 7, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>the FACT that persons in the church would buy pews(in the church that I Pastored, several families purchased stained glass windows) indicates that they never begged, never had cake socials or anything like that.
every post that you make shows a decided lack of Spiritual maturity coming from you.
Did this fool say smething about Spiritual maturity then embarrass himself in the very next sentence demonstrating that he is too incompetent to keep up with the topic at hand. As usual let me straighten you out.

We're talking about a church going aroung begging trying to stay afloat . If God lays on someones heart to donate or give something to the church then that's not begging. But if you can't even preach the word of God without spending half the sermon begging the people to so called sew a seed so that God can inturn bless you for giving then THATS BEGGING.

I have seen some of these lying pulpit pimps that call them selves a preacher dupe the congregation into giving money to a church that they don't even have. These jack legged liars call it sewing a so called seed. GOD HAS NEVER ASKED ANYONE TO GIVE SOMETHING THEY DON'T EVEN HAVE in the hope that they will reap for giving it. That simple shows how dumb they are and demonstrates that they are not familiar with Gods word so thats why when these puplit pimps start begging and lying to them they get duped.

All God ever asked for is foir you to pay your tithes and that's only 10 percent of what you already have,not what you think you're gonna get in the future. The deception that comes forth out of the mouth of these pulpit pimps is astounding. But those that are familiar intimately with Gods word need not fall for it.
Cisco Kid

Modesto, CA

#535704 May 7, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>the FACT that persons in the church would buy pews(in the church that I Pastored,

several families purchased stained glass windows) indicates that they never begged, never had cake socials or anything like that.

HOW could you charge for pews for the faithful sheep to sit and be deceived?

What was given to you freely should be shared with others freely.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#535705 May 7, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>the FACT that persons in the church would buy pews(in the church that I Pastored, several families purchased stained glass windows) indicates that they never begged, never had cake socials or anything like that.
Yet another jack legged, lying pulpit pimp.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#535706 May 7, 2014
We lift our hands in the sanctuary.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope Francis eases way for divorced Catholics w... 5 hr Demon Finder 29
News Pope Francis meets top Sunni cleric 6 hr Bullet Proof Pope 1
News Pope Francis: Islam's Friend, Christianity's Foe? Mon naman 1
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) May 20 3way4me 10,092
News Pope Francis meets with victims of child sexual... May 20 humor in everything 2
News Pope says he's willing to study women deacons, ... May 16 Redeemed 3
News John Paul II College of Davao (Dec '07) May 13 Michael 671
More from around the web