Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 687346 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#535484 May 6, 2014
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text> I seriously doubt that any of our so called preachers on this forum are able to answer the question so I will just elucidate so that they too may perhaps learn something from Gods word. The significance or proof that Elisha received a double portion of Elijahs spirit was Elisha perfomred """"" 16 miracle""" """s and his mentor Elijah performed only 8. Elisha performed double the miracles than Elijah had performed thus giving ample proof that Elisha had indeed been granted a double portion of Elijah's spirit.
http://www.agapebiblestudy.com/charts/Miracle...

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#535485 May 7, 2014
Tony17 wrote:
Okay folks I now digress for a sec. Do you guys remember this commercial song for Coca Cola that goes....I'd like to teach the world to sing in perfect harmony. I'd like to buy the world a Coke and keep it company.
Speaking of which, I have a taste for a Cherry Coke.
Shit in one hand and pray for your deity to put a cherry coke in the other, and see which one gets filled up....Then tell us how omnipotent your deity is. I hope ya got enough money in yer pocket ta pay fer a coke.
hojo

Waconia, MN

#535486 May 7, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
The idiot Catholic Jerome blamed abortion on the sin of women. I guess he forgot that women did not impregnate their selves.
Certainly, women don't impregnate themselves but they definitely have the opportunity to "make the choice"---just like men "make their choices!!!!----You "play with fire" and to take the chance of being burned!!!!!
Initially, in the late 70's legalized abortion was ONLY in the case of irape and incest-------AND ------the other issue was "at "what month" was a baby a human being that could survive a "pre-mature birth".---Only before approximately 22 weeks was abortion to be legalized because it was (according to scientific study) it was not a human being ------and it was "abortion prior to 22 weeks" that became the law at that time........Take a "long look" at where liberalism has taken this country down the slippery road into the travesty of the "killing of the unborn baby in the womb" ------especially the "partial birth abotion" blatant killing of a human being--supported
and promoted by emancipated feminists " disrespecting the human rights of the unborn child in tand out of the womb" --by women like you June, who have " every opportunity" to make choices to become "Impregnated or NOT !!!!......Hey!!!--- Don't use this " impregnated excuse " to justify your warped view of "abortion on demand!"!!!

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#535487 May 7, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Shit in one hand and pray for your deity to put a cherry coke in the other, and see which one gets filled up....Then tell us how omnipotent your deity is. I hope ya got enough money in yer pocket ta pay fer a coke.
Lol,lol.Well now Pookie what bought that on,LOL? And where ya been? Haven't heard from ya in quite a few days. And by the way,my God is ominpotent.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#535488 May 7, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Is this your way of saying .......good morning?

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#535489 May 7, 2014
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>We believe that Moses also went to heaven without dying. God buried Moses and the way God buries someone is to transfigure them. Moses as well as Elijah appeared in the Transfiguration with Christ. Of course this will go right over your poor l'il head.
you are a godless idiot.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#535490 May 7, 2014
Tony17 wrote:
Okay folks I now digress for a sec. Do you guys remember this commercial song for Coca Cola that goes....I'd like to teach the world to sing in perfect harmony. I'd like to buy the world a Coke and keep it company.
Speaking of which, I have a taste for a Cherry Coke.
you try your best to be "one of the fellows" but none of us want anything to do with YOU.lol

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#535491 May 7, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>you try your best to be "one of the fellows" but none of us want anything to do with YOU.lol
Aww now Pookie. Is that because I make you so called Bible scholars look really bad when it comes to ...RIGHTLY DIVIDING THE WORD OF TRUTH?

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#535492 May 7, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Cherry coke? are you serious BT..
Liam

Melrose Park, IL

#535493 May 7, 2014
concerned in Brasil wrote:
<quoted text>
This if very interesting how you play lossey goosey with Christian practice.
First you suggest I know not of the Feast, but unlike you I have studied what I believe outside of anyone side's bias and done my best to be independent and let the text's natural meaning take prominence over expecting and reading into the text my already formed conclusions from childhood upbringing.
So now when I tell you the century of he first recorded text of the Feast you can't challenge that, Why Regina why ohh its because you never have ever studied it.
You assume much imply I don't know what it is with out even a question. All my in-laws are RC darling and many way way more devote than you, at least my brother in law can argue form a historical foundation of study.
God founded a Church and gave Scripture in which the practices of that Church are to be carried out. The owners manual if you will.
You choose to drive a car and ignore the instructions in manual on how to use the brakes properly the steering wheel properly, when to grease lube and change the oil and thus your car your Sect is dire straits and in need of some major over haul.
So you ask for one in the first 1000 years
Cyril was bishop of Jerusalem from 348 A.D. to 386 A.D. His treatise, The Catechetical Lectures
Have thou ever in thy mind this seal, which for the present has been lightly touched in my discourse, by way of summary, but shall be stated, should the Lord permit, to the best of my power with the proof from the Scriptures. For concerning the divine and holy mysteries of the Faith, not even a casual statement must be delivered without the Holy Scriptures; nor must we be drawn aside by mere plausibility and artifices of speech. Even to me, who tell thee these things, give not absolute credence, unless thou receive the proof of the things which I announce from the Divine Scriptures. For this salvation which we believe depends not on ingenious reasoning, but on demonstration of the Holy Scriptures
Divine Scriptures. For this salvation which we believe depends not on ingenious reasoning, but on demonstration of the Holy Scriptures
With regards to John and Mary.
Where does it say she is any one else's Mother
Jesus simply in trusts John with the care of Mary.
There is no more to it you see lockness monsters in the waves on a lake you are delusional at best and surely brain washed if you think there is any more to those verses. It does not mean Mary is the mother of us all. It simply is not in the text you are super imposing your RCC indoctrination on the scripture.
You quoted our Catholic Bishop, Cyril: "for concerning the divine and Holy Mysteries of the faith, not even a casual sratement must be delivered with out the Holy Scriptures"

That's what the Roman Catholic Church teaches to this day, you dummy.(lol sorry)
You're dreaming if you think Cyril was saying ONLY Scripture.
Even if your fantasy of Sola Scripture were true, it STILL would come down to who's interpretations are authoritative.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#535494 May 7, 2014
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>We believe that Moses also went to heaven without dying. God buried Moses and the way God buries someone is to transfigure them. Moses as well as Elijah appeared in the Transfiguration with Christ. Moses representing the Law and Elijah representing the Prophets. Of course this will go right over your poor l'il head.
~~~

SO You continue your trivia..

Attempting to display your great knowledge of the Bible.

The meanwhile exposing your own ignorance.

AGAIN.... I COUNSEL YOU .....THAT YOUR FIRST PRIORITY

SHOULD BE YOUR OWN REPENTANCE AND OBEDIENCE TO GOD'S WORD..

As for Moses

According to Jude the Brother of Jesus Moses died...Else why would there be a disputation for his body..

Here Jude writes.

Jud 1:9 Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#535495 May 7, 2014
Tony17 wrote:
More Bible trivia for those that would consider themselves to be so called Bible scholars here ( especially you so called preachers). The prophet Elisha requested a double portion of the prophet Elijah's spirit. What was the significance and or proof that Elisha had received that double portion of Elijah's spirit?
~~~

Knowing about the double portion of the Prophet Elisha is of no significance to one that is not born again...

TRIVIA DOES NOT BRING SALVATION...ANY MORE THAN THE CALISTHENICS OF THE ROMAN CATHOLIC DOES...

The first works is necessary to be a Christian..

which is ....

YOU MUST BE BORN AGAIN.OF THE SPIRIT!

Joh 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Joh 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#535496 May 7, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
Knowing about the double portion of the Prophet Elisha is of no significance to one that is not born again...
TRIVIA DOES NOT BRING SALVATION...ANY MORE THAN THE CALISTHENICS OF THE ROMAN CATHOLIC DOES...
The first works is necessary to be a Christian..
which is ....
YOU MUST BE BORN AGAIN.OF THE SPIRIT!
Joh 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
Joh 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
What is your authority to judge who is born again and who's not? What is your authority to privately judge scripture in contradiction to other protestants? Do you accept the authority of other protestants who's credentials are greater than yours?
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#535497 May 7, 2014
"Having learn these things, and been fully assured that the seeming bread is not bread, though sensible to taste, but the Body of Christ; and that the seeming wine is not wine, though the taste will have it so, but the Blood of Christ; and that of this David sung of old, saying, And bread strengtheneth man's heart, to make his face to shine with oil,'strengthen thou thine heart,' by partaking thereof as spiritual, and "make the face of thy soul to shine."" Cyril of Jerusalem, Catechetical Lectures, XXII:8 (c. A.D. 350).

"He once in Cana of Galilee, turned the water into wine, akin to blood, and is it incredible that He should have turned wine into blood?" Cyril of Jerusalem, Catechetical Lectures, XXII:4 (c. A.D. 350).

"Then having sanctified ourselves by these spiritual Hymns, we beseech the merciful God to send forth His Holy Spirit upon the gifts lying before Him; that He may make the Bread the Body of Christ, and the Wine the Blood of Christ; for whatsoever the Holy Ghost has touched, is surely sanctified and changed." Cyril of Jerusalem, Catechetical Lectures, XXIII:7 (c. A.D. 350).

Wow. Doesn't sound like any protestant evangelical fundamentalist I've ever heard....
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#535498 May 7, 2014
"We do not take our scriptural teaching from the parables but we interpret the parables according to our teaching." Tertullian, Purity 9,1 (c. A.D. 200).

Sound protestant evangelical fundamentalist ?
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#535499 May 7, 2014
Tony17 wrote:
More Bible trivia for those that would consider themselves to be so called Bible scholars here ( especially you so called preachers). The prophet Elisha requested a double portion of the prophet Elijah's spirit. What was the significance and or proof that Elisha had received that double portion of Elijah's spirit?
Tony, Tony, Tony,

Fifty men from the company of the prophets went and stood at a distance, facing the place where Elijah and Elisha had stopped at the Jordan.

Elijah took his cloak, rolled it up and struck the water with it. The water divided to the right and to the left, and the two of them crossed over on dry ground.

When they had crossed, Elijah said to Elisha,“Tell me, what can I do for you before I am taken from you?”

“Let me inherit a double portion of your spirit,” Elisha replied.

“You have asked a difficult thing,” Elijah said,“yet if you see me when I am taken from you, it will be yours—otherwise, it will not.”

As they were walking along and talking together, suddenly a chariot of fire and horses of fire appeared and separated the two of them, and Elijah went up to heaven in a whirlwind.

Elisha saw this and cried out,“My father! My father! The chariots and horsemen of Israel!” And Elisha saw him no more. Then he took hold of his garment and tore it in two.

Elisha then picked up Elijah’s cloak that had fallen from him and went back and stood on the bank of the Jordan.

He took the cloak that had fallen from Elijah and struck the water with it.“Where now is the Lord, the God of Elijah?” he asked. When he struck the water, it divided to the right and to the left, and he crossed over.

Elisha, as Elijah's successor and wary of his task, asked for a double portion of Elijah's spirit; this was conditionally granted.......
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#535500 May 7, 2014
"Then we commemorate also those who have fallen asleep before us, first Patriarchs, Prophets, Apostles, Martyrs, that at their prayers and intercessions God would receive our petition. Then on behalf also of the Holy Fathers and Bishops who have fallen asleep before us, and in a word of all who in past years have fallen asleep among us, believing that it will be a very great benefit to the souls, for whom the supplication is put up, while that holy and most awful sacrifice is set forth." Cyril of Jerusalem, Catechetical Lectures, 23:9 (A.D. 350).

"Many, my beloved, are the true testimonies concerning Christ. The Father bears witness from heaven of His Son: the Holy Ghost bears witness, descending bodily in likeness of a dove: the Archangel Gabriel bears witness, bringing good tidings to Mary: the Virgin Mother of God [Theotokos] bears witness: the blessed place of the manger bears witness" Cyril of Jerusalem, Catechetical Lectures, 10:19 (A.D. 350).

"This man [Simon Magus], after he had been cast out by the Apostles, came to Rome...Peter and Paul, a noble pair, chief rulers of the Church, arrived and set the error right...For Peter was there, who carrieth the keys of heaven..." Cyril of Jerusalem, Catechetical Lectures ,6:14-15 (c. A.D. 350).

St. Cyril a protestant evangelical fundamentalist ? C'mon man...
Michael

Canada

#535501 May 7, 2014
KayMarie wrote:
who="Michael" <quoted text>
....In 1969 I started working full time in a grocery store.$2.50 an hour.$100.00 a week. I gave my parents $20 room/board a week.
----------
I worked in the Post Office when they paid $ 1.69 per hour (about 1950). Times HAVE changed...
KayMarie
....and postage stamps were 6 cents to mail a letter.
Michael

Canada

#535502 May 7, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> You know June, you would be much happier if you pulled that cactus out of your butt.
......I'm wondering how a cactus got there in the first place.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#535503 May 7, 2014
Tony17 wrote:
Tony, Tony, Tony,

During his ministry, Elijah had performed 14 miracles by the power of God that rested upon him.

If Elisha received a double portion of Elijah’s spirit, he would perform at least 28 miracles.

When he died, though, he had only performed 27 miracles.

But, what about his BONES??????

The miracle of resurrection involving his bones made the 28th miracle performed.

The miracle was an accurate fulfillment of the provision of a double portion of the spirit of Elijah resting upon Elisha.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Fri Eyes on Christ 10,638
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Sep 19 Tom Fontaine 42
News Catholic clergy fires back after Bannon criticism Sep 11 South Knox Hombre 1
News Evangelical Trump supporters want meeting with ... Aug '17 Ms Sassy 1
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Aug '17 -Prince Of Darkness- 84,839
News Pope 'loves China', Vatican official says on tr... Aug '17 Harold 2
News Pope Francis accepts resignation of Boston Auxi... Jul '17 Anti- 2
More from around the web