Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 683885 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#535440 May 6, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> Probably about as many as you've lured into your religion of atheism..
I suggest that people such as you won't leave religion unless you stop idolizing your own religion and admit to your selves that other people in other religions suffer from the same self-indulgence as do you in the attitude of "Others will go to hell, and I will go to heaven.

I don't believe that you will go to hell. But you believe I will go to hell.

Who do YOU think has the nicer way of believing???
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#535441 May 6, 2014
The Bible mentions Elijah and Enoch going to heaven without dying. Why not Mary?
Chess

Columbus, OH

#535442 May 6, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, the Christians say the devil is sneaky ... but I suggest he learned it from those in religion.
:)
The devil's pretend, child.

He couldn't learn anything from you.
Regina

Toms River, NJ

#535443 May 6, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You learned from your popes to discredit the nuns that want to make abortion legal.
I suggest the nuns know what you are oblivious to be able to know. They work with women who are desperately poor. You don't have a clue what they see in their daily struggles to make sense of popes that make rules that harm women rather than helping them.
Those nuns comprehend that women who don't have access to clinics will be butchered and die in droves.
You are dense to what really goes on in the world.
In droves....what a liar. You'll say anything to justify the murder of innocent babies. The sixties and seventies are dead and gone, thank God. Feminism is a dying breed as young women today are thinking for themselves and not allowing themselves to be led around by the nose by washed up old has-beens who have a certain type of envy....and look it. Unfortunately, some nuns foolishly bought into it. Thank goodness the majority haven't and are still able to work with the poorest of the poor and not condone murder, as you do.

Why so angry, June? Why the gross exaggeration and the lack of regard for human life from conception to natural death?
Chess

Columbus, OH

#535444 May 6, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> Probably about as many as you've lured into your religion of atheism..
Atheism can indeed be a religion if it leads one to shut down ration thought.

You finally got something right.

You've had experience with that whole shutdown of rationality, eh?

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#535445 May 6, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you done "work" for the day???
:)
Surely your heavy work load is waiting for you while you sit on your butt at the computer preaching at me.
What is your problem?? Unlike you....I have a life outside of Topix...

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#535446 May 6, 2014
OldJG wrote:
The Bible mentions Elijah and Enoch going to heaven without dying. Why not Mary?
We believe that Moses also went to heaven without dying. God buried Moses and the way God buries someone is to transfigure them. Moses as well as Elijah appeared in the Transfiguration with Christ. Moses representing the Law and Elijah representing the Prophets. Of course this will go right over your poor l'il head.
Chess

Columbus, OH

#535447 May 6, 2014
OldJG wrote:
Notice that Mary disappears from the canonical narrative entirely after the gospels.

Was she ever there?

Was she merely a fictional character loosely based on Mary of Jerusalem, who does appear in Acts?
Regina

Toms River, NJ

#535448 May 6, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Her lie had everything to do with misleading others in the first place.
And I believe are an idiot, that is why I refer to you as one.
If you believe I am also an idiot, then spit it out. Unless of course that would make you appear as UNSAINTLY.
You wouldn't want THAT to occur ... would you ... oh self-perceived holy servant of the god that by the way used to love only the Jews.
YUCK!
Nope, it didn't, sorry. They wanted abortion across the board. They sought out a poor, uneducated, young pregnant girl that they could manipulate and use. If it wasn't her, it would have been someone else. But they looked down on her for those very same reasons. Nice. Typical. And so the slaughter of millions of innocent babies became the law of the land.

But it's being reversed little by little as people wake up, and they die out......biology, nature if you will, has a way of taking care of these things.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#535449 May 6, 2014
Catholic women who have abortion are TRAINED to feel guilt.

The popes who ordered the murder of supposed heretics and witches were trained to NOT feel guilt.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

From the book “Moments on Maple Avenue … The reality of Abortion, by Louise Kapp
Howe, published in 1984 … comes the following

Concerned with the same question, the national organization Catholics for a Free Choice conducted a survey and found that about half of Catholic women who had abortions and considered themselves religious said they believed that the act would one day be punished by God. Yet they had obviously felt compelled to proceed nonetheless.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#535450 May 6, 2014
More Bible trivia for those that would consider themselves to be so called Bible scholars here ( especially you so called preachers). The prophet Elisha requested a double portion of the prophet Elijah's spirit. What was the significance and or proof that Elisha had received that double portion of Elijah's spirit?
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#535451 May 6, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> What is your problem?? Unlike you....I have a life outside of Topix...
Then I suggest you go and live it to the fullest of your Christian faith, and stop whining about your suffering.

If god didn't want you to suffer there would BE no suffering ... RIGHT??? So enjoy your suffering while it's available to you, as you believe others will suffer in the hereafter and you will be in heaven being rewarded with eternal bliss.

Idiot!
Chess

Columbus, OH

#535452 May 6, 2014
Tony17 wrote:
More Bible trivia for those that would consider themselves to be so called Bible scholars here ( especially you so called preachers). The prophet Elisha requested a double portion of the prophet Elijah's spirit. What was the significance and or proof that Elisha had received that double portion of Elijah's spirit?
This is a true or false test, right?

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#535453 May 6, 2014
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL @'tard's logic.
Slither back under your favorite rock...lying snake

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#535454 May 6, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. It's my right to not believe you.
Had you been a battered wife, you would not be so arrogant in your claims "I would never stay with him."
Maybe YOU were the batterer. You are capable, as you have a very smug attitude of how great you thou art.
wrong .....it is you that hold the title to How Great Thou Art....with your insults and trashing everyone on this forum for their beliefs. I don't care or ever cared if you believe in God or not. You have that right to choose. I have never preasured YOU or anyone else here to believe in God.....also June, you know nothing about my past. Nothing.. I am NOT the same person I was 40 years ago that I am today. And I thank Nick for that..I don't care if you believe me or not. You are meaningless in my life. Your not the first person I see in the morning and your not the last person I see before going to bed. You don't pay my bills or put a roof over my head.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#535455 May 6, 2014
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, it didn't, sorry. They wanted abortion across the board. They sought out a poor, uneducated, young pregnant girl that they could manipulate and use. If it wasn't her, it would have been someone else. But they looked down on her for those very same reasons. Nice. Typical. And so the slaughter of millions of innocent babies became the law of the land.
But it's being reversed little by little as people wake up, and they die out......biology, nature if you will, has a way of taking care of these things.
You haven't a clue about the issue, as all you believe is what you are taught in your church.

The women that wanted to make abortion legal were not encouraging other women to have abortions. They were merely recognizing the need for clinics so that women would not be butchered and die when they were having abortions.

Jane Roe was a not a poor little mislead girl. She LIED to them. They did not lie to her.

You can't save fetuses when women want to have abortions. So the next best thing to do is save the women when they choose to have abortions.

The nuns that work one on one with poverty stricken women know that, and that is why the want to make the Catholic hierarchy recognize that issue.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#535456 May 6, 2014
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
A twit's repetitive prattle.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#535457 May 6, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest that people such as you won't leave religion unless you stop idolizing your own religion and admit to your selves that other people in other religions suffer from the same self-indulgence as do you in the attitude of "Others will go to hell, and I will go to heaven.
I don't believe that you will go to hell. But you believe I will go to hell.
Who do YOU think has the nicer way of believing???
You choose your own path June, it doesn't matter what I think.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#535458 May 6, 2014
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
In droves....what a liar. You'll say anything to justify the murder of innocent babies.
Maybe naďve is a better word to explain your mental condition.

I suggest you read the following and learn something for a change.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

From the book “Woman Doctor … the education of Jane Patterson, M.D. published in 1983, comes the following………..

That abortions were illegal did not, of course, stop women from having them, so even though we didn’t do them ourselves, we spent a fair amount of time cleaning up after illegal abortion attempts. The most common problem attending illegal abortions was infection. Now that abortion has been legalized, severely infected abortions, known in medicalese as septic abortion, are a rarity, but back then they were so common that large hospitals would have wards devoted exclusively to them.

We used to refer to the septic abortion cases as “Tijuana Specials.” Women who were pregnant and didn’t want to be would take weekend vacations across the border to Tijuana and other Mexican towns, where abortions were, if not legal, at least available. The trouble was that while these border towns had a certain quaint and dusty native charm, they weren’t noted for their standards of cleanliness. If a woman was lucky, she might be able to find a skilled abortionist who had a fairly clean set-up. Not everyone was lucky. By Tuesday night, the unlucky ones would start coming into the emergency room, weak, faint, feverish, vomiting, in pain and sometimes bleeding.

Many of the “Tijuana Specials” we saw were undoubtedly performed here in the United States.
Chess

Columbus, OH

#535459 May 6, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Angry 'tard.

Ya know, ya wouldn't get smacked around so much if you'd get an education.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'That's all he wanted': Spicer, a devout Cathol... Jul 22 seemoregood 1
News The pope praised him for providing for his pare... Jul 19 Laredo 3
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Jul 19 Dhimmi Democrat 33
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jul 18 Married in 10,571
News Paul Is No Inventor of Christianity, Says Pope (Sep '08) Jul 16 True Christian wi... 77
News Editorial: The Vatican's Failure in the Abuse S... Jul 13 seemoregood 1
News In Defense of Free Speech in the United States (May '15) Jul 11 Muslim lives don_... 6
More from around the web