Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 692026 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#535304 May 6, 2014
Suffering on earth is a fact, at least from the way I perceive it ... but I don't want to believe that suffering continues in a hereafter ... not for my self and not for others and not for other animals either.

Why would I want to entertain such misery as fact???

Stay away from me with your religions. I don't want them poisoning my mind.

I want to ponder on GOOD thoughts, such as, "I'm really happy that that huge zit healed up that was on my nose."

:)
Michael

Canada

#535305 May 6, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> could you please post your source....I would like to read this...
Hi Sera.

http://johnib.wordpress.com/tag/our-sunday-vi...

http://connection.ebscohost.com/c/articles/16...

(1990s 60,000)

https://www.osv.com/OSVNewsweekly/Article/Tab...
Michael

Canada

#535306 May 6, 2014
1968 the roman catholic church in america performed 338 annulments for the entire year.

1995 the roman catholic church in america performed 54,013 annulments for the entire year.

http://www.holyspiritinteractive.net/columns/...

Making $$ and keeping catholics happy and attached to the church is their main objective.

I wish my stocks would ZOOM like those numbers!(lol)
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#535307 May 6, 2014
Catholic Annulments: from $149.00

http://www.divorcehelp.net/annulment.html

Pastafarian annulments:$0

Protestants look like idiots, because in the Catholic bible which they stole, divorce is a no-no.

You can NOT fool the TRUE GOD.

Ramen
Regina

Toms River, NJ

#535308 May 6, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Regina" <quoted text>
U.N. report: Bans on abortion are 'torture'
Denying a woman access to an otherwise legal abortion is “tantamount to torture,” claims a designated United Nations expert in an official report to the international body.
Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2013/03/u-n-report-bans-on...
~~~~~~~~~~
So where's the outrage all you "Christians"?? I don't hear a peep out of you. Why aren't you posting this and 'checking it out"?? Hmmmm?? KayMarie???
----------
Those news articles must have touched a nerve. I didn't even make a comment, and here you have posted critically on this three times already.
A childish tactic is to be faced with a problem...then point at someone/something else, and say, "Look what THEY did." What 'they' did in this instance will not change the report.
KayMarie
No, Kay, calling me childish and putting me down does not disguise the fact that you like to fling mud at the Church every chance you get. To what purpose would you post such articles if not to point at someone else and say "Look at what THEY did", rather than to address the problems in your own backyard? Your motives are not altruistic.

I was pointing out that the UN is being absurd and is surely not credible given the fact that they also consider it "torture" to deny women access to abortions. Not "pointing elsewhere". Yet you still refuse to decry their injustice against the unborn and would rather ridicule me. That says far more about you. But that seems to be a typical tactic among the fundies here. You might want to rethink your behavior.
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#535309 May 6, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
Suffering on earth is a fact, at least from the way I perceive it ... but I don't want to believe that suffering continues in a hereafter ... not for my self and not for others and not for other animals either.
Why would I want to entertain such misery as fact???
Stay away from me with your religions. I don't want them poisoning my mind.
I want to ponder on GOOD thoughts, such as, "I'm really happy that that huge zit healed up that was on my nose."
I prayed for God to eliminate all nose zits in elderly ladies for one day.

It worked!

Maybe if this entire board got together to pray for something worthwhile, God would be so impressed, he'd do it?

OK, everyone one on the board, pray that all children with cancer under age 12 be cured tomorrow.

Ramen

PS - I don't think many people believe God will do that.)
Liam

Houston, TX

#535310 May 6, 2014
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
He does marriage counseling all the time, The only difference is, he doesn't hold his hand out for money.
Still laughing dumb dumb???
It should be more....you're an idiot.
The annulment fee doesn't cover the full cost of the investigation. The Church looses money. Your pastor is on a fixed comfortable salary I'm sure. The least he could do is counsel Steve and Bob if they wanted to divorce each other.
Michael

Canada

#535311 May 6, 2014
Statistics compiled by the Vatican from Catholic dioceses around the world.....

The roman catholic church in america has only 6% of the world catholic population, yet 55%-70% of world catholic annulments occur right in the good ole USA. and those percentages have been consistant for the past 30 plus years.

...SOMETHING IS TERRIBLY WRONG!!

THE GROWTH OF ANNULMENTS

........According to statistics compiled by the Vatican from Catholic
dioceses around the world, diocesan tribunals completed
49,233 cases for nullity of marriage in 2006. Tribunals in
the United States were responsible for more than 27,000 of those
cases; this percentage of cases handled in the United States
(fluctuating between 55 and 70 percent) has remained about the
same over the past 30 years. This is an astronomical increase, for in
1968 only 338 annulments were granted in the United States.
This number, despite its remarkable growth over the past several
years, represents only a fraction of the estimated 10 million divorced
Catholics in the United States, this number increasing by about
200,000 each year. Is an annulment merely a “Catholic divorce”?
How can the Church give out so many annulments and still maintain
its teaching that marriage is a permanent union between a man and
a woman? How is the Church attempting to respond in compassion
and justice to the needs of the millions of Catholics around the world
who have divorced and experienced the personal tragedy of failure
within an intimate union such as marriage?

....Something is terribly wrong!!

http://www.kofc.org/un/en/resources/cis/cis30...
Michael

Canada

#535312 May 6, 2014
[QUOTE who="Regina M."]<quoted text>

"Look at what THEY did", rather than to address the problem.
[/QUOTE]

REGINA M..... Here are some cold hard facts right from the vatican of the roman catholic church.

........The roman catholic church in america has only 6% of the world catholic population, yet 55%-70% of world catholic annulments occur right in the good ole USA. and those percentages have been consistant for the past 30 plus years.

THE GROWTH OF ANNULMENTS

http://www.kofc.org/un/en/resources/cis/cis30 ...

I bring the news catholics are not aware of. The news from around the world. 24/7
Michael

Canada

#535313 May 6, 2014
[QUOTE who="Regina M."]<quoted text>
No, Kay, calling me childish and putting me down does not disguise the fact that you like to fling mud at the Church every chance you get. To what purpose would you post such articles if not to point at someone else and say "Look at what THEY did", rather than to address the problems in your own backyard? Your motives are not altruistic.
I was pointing out that the UN is being absurd and is surely not credible given the fact that they also consider it "torture" to deny women access to abortions. Not "pointing elsewhere". Yet you still refuse to decry their injustice against the unborn and would rather ridicule me. That says far more about you. But that seems to be a typical tactic among the fundies here. You might want to rethink your behavior.
[/QUOTE]

Regina M.

If the website doesn't open try it in my post #535311.

Michael

Canada

#535314 May 6, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
The annulment fee doesn't cover the full cost of the investigation. The Church looses money. Your pastor is on a fixed comfortable salary I'm sure. The least he could do is counsel Steve and Bob if they wanted to divorce each other.
If what you claim, the church loses money on every annulment, than I guess you are paying a tiny slice of the pie for every annulment, because catholics are the only source of income. Right?

Just think every american catholic annulment KA-CHING! KACHING! out of your wallet, and ReginaM's purse.

I SAY PUT THE PRICE UP!
Regina

Toms River, NJ

#535315 May 6, 2014
Precisely because the Church holds so strongly to the
indissolubility of marriage, it must face the question of who is
married. Since she believes that there is a content to marriage,
proper Church authority can sometimes declare that people who
have been through a wedding ceremony are not married.

The divorce percentage rate in the United States has dropped
from 48 percent in 1992 to 40 percent in 2000. Not every marriage
that ends in divorce was null at its beginning. That is why it is all
the more important that the Church provides the opportunity for
the investigation of marriages, where this is requested by either of
the parties, to see if a decree of nullity can be issued. In a society
where two out of every five marriages end in divorce, the increase in
the number of annulments surely must come as no surprise; it is
only by carefully investigating each petition that the Church can
with sure conviction maintain that true marriage is a firm and
lifelong commitment between two people.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#535316 May 6, 2014
Michael wrote:
The roman catholic church in america has only 6% of the world catholic population, yet 55%-70% of world catholic annulments occur right in the good ole USA. and those percentages have been consistant for the past 30 plus years.
...SOMETHING IS TERRIBLY WRONG!!
THE GROWTH OF ANNULMENTS
Catholics don't follow God's teaching on tithing....they say He got it wrong!!!!! He said: Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings.

So, annulments are part of their cash cow....along with the sales of candles, masses, bingo gambling, fairs, funerals, weddings. They will not preach God's Word on many subjects, because they know they will hiss-off most of the congregation...A hissed off person does not donate....or does not donate generously....

The Bible does not teach one thing about annulments.....it teaches marriage is "forever"...with one exception...divorce is allowed....quote: But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#535317 May 6, 2014
Regina wrote:
Precisely because the Church holds so strongly to the
indissolubility of marriage, it must face the question of who is
married. Since she believes that there is a content to marriage,
proper Church authority can sometimes declare that people who
have been through a wedding ceremony are not married.
The divorce percentage rate in the United States has dropped
from 48 percent in 1992 to 40 percent in 2000. Not every marriage
that ends in divorce was null at its beginning. That is why it is all
the more important that the Church provides the opportunity for
the investigation of marriages, where this is requested by either of
the parties, to see if a decree of nullity can be issued. In a society
where two out of every five marriages end in divorce, the increase in
the number of annulments surely must come as no surprise; it is
only by carefully investigating each petition that the Church can
with sure conviction maintain that true marriage is a firm and
lifelong commitment between two people.
All for the low low price of $1000...lol
Michael

Canada

#535318 May 6, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
The annulment fee doesn't cover the full cost of the investigation. The Church looses money.

Your pastor is on a fixed comfortable salary I'm sure.
Catholic priests have it pretty good. They each get a salary around $18-$22,000. Room and board, health plan, car allowance, dental plan, pension. No heavy lifting, no snow shovelling no grass cutting, never go on strike, never get laid off. No wife or screaming kids to financially support or spend time with, given $50-$100 stipends for every funeral mass, baptism, graduation ceremony, wedding, they perform. KACHING! Go away every year on a nice holiday with other priests. The good old life!

Say One mass a day, perform few weddings/funerals a month, visit a few sick people, and the parishioners on committees take care of the rest.

What does a priest do at 2 in the afternoon?

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#535319 May 6, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
If what you claim, the church loses money on every annulment, than I guess you are paying a tiny slice of the pie for every annulment, because catholics are the only source of income. Right?
Just think every american catholic annulment KA-CHING! KACHING! out of your wallet, and ReginaM's purse.
I SAY PUT THE PRICE UP!
Pure logic....no business stays in business when it loses on every transaction..

Same logic...no organization will continually provide a service at a lose every time it does so...that, as you say, also takes away from other members who donate at collection time...so does the paying for the actions of their pedophile cadre, and/or the insurance premiums for coverage on court awarded compensation....
Michael

Canada

#535320 May 6, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Catholics don't follow God's teaching on tithing....they say He got it wrong!!!!! He said: Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings.
So, annulments are part of their cash cow....along with the sales of candles, masses, bingo gambling, fairs, funerals, weddings. They will not preach God's Word on many subjects, because they know they will hiss-off most of the congregation...A hissed off person does not donate....or does not donate generously....
The Bible does not teach one thing about annulments.....it teaches marriage is "forever"...with one exception...divorce is allowed....quote: But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery.
I don't think they rake in much on bingos or cake sales anymore. When mass attendance is at an all time low, most people are doing other things than waiting to hear someone scream G 48!!! so they could win a stuffed animal.

When I was growing up in the catholic system, I often remember our Monsignor telling the parishioners" we need more money, many parishioners are not doing their fare share in supporting the church he would scream" . 10% was the norm.

I believe there are tithing parishes in america where everyone is obliged to give 10%.

The roman catholic church is by far the largest holder of real estate in the world bar none.

Maybe its time to cash in and divide it all up! If thats the case I'm back in.(lol)
Regina

Toms River, NJ

#535321 May 6, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting. They're going to have quite a few more Steves and Bobs seeking "marriage" counseling these days.

Look, he was reduced to calling us both names and lying in order to try to prove his point. Apparently calumny and ridicule are also approved of along with same-sex "marriage" in their cults. There's a lot of jealousy there, hence the "club" and all that other nonsense they come out with. These folks are not secure in their faith, but then how could they be? At most their sects are a few decades old, so they have no choice but to lash out in anger and abuse in order to assuage their frustration. Ignoring them is always the best move.

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#535322 May 6, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
If suffering had never existed there would be no reason whatsoever for humans to try to explain why humans and all other forms of life suffer.
And THAT is a fact.
!
Oh my !!! Really???
No kidding.
<rolls eyes>

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#535323 May 6, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Did YOU assume that your "contacts" showed you the source of universal life and in turn project your knowledge unto those of us helpless ones on the forum that depend on you for wisdom???
Nope.
I have told you repeatedly that was written to see where you would take it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope urges compassion from politicians who fan ... Tue Frindly 4
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Dec 4 Mr Sir 10,694
News Pope Francis is greeted by young children in tr... Nov 27 TRUE CATHOLIC her... 1
News John Paul I Closer to Sainthood as Book Debunks... Nov '17 South Knox Hombre 1
News Vatican backs Obama as Nobel Peace Prize Winner (Oct '09) Nov '17 Feeling Abandoned 37
News Pope Francis to stop off in Cuba on way to Unit... (Apr '15) Nov '17 whirlignmerc 11
News War, religion and tolerance Oct '17 The Bible Student 1
More from around the web