Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 603200 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

hojo

Chanhassen, MN

#534895 May 5, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
...Wrong again. I am an loving person.
...according to your wacko theology, anyone not catholic is looking for a fight. Because I have an opinion diiferent than you, and according to you makes me a fighter!!
....more crap from the crap sister!
No Michael !!!...You don't have just an opinion --, you have an "agenda"!...If you had just an opinion you would express it and " be on your way"!.........We as Catholics AlL know that you can't and won't do that because you are so obsessed with your anti-catholic hostile "agenda"
That you will go to!"whatever extremes it takes" to rip and attack the faith of Every Catholic on this forum---- especially Jesus Christ and His Catholic Church.
hojo

Chanhassen, MN

#534896 May 5, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
....you criticize protestants, you don't like atheists/agnostics, you can't stand liberal catholics, you disagree with catholic orthodox..........that just leaves you and ?.........that just leaves you! ReginaM., Anthony, and Liam and rarely do they post to you.(lol)
It matters not "one iota" as to whether Regina, Anthony, Liam or any other Catholic posts to me or not !... We are ALL Catholic-Christian brothers and sisters --- united in Jesus Christ -- in and through His Universal Catholic Church--- and that is all that matters!!.
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#534897 May 5, 2014
The Pope had no knowledge of the title of this thread.

I asked him and he said so.

Ramen
hojo

Chanhassen, MN

#534898 May 5, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
....you criticize protestants, you don't like atheists/agnostics, you can't stand liberal catholics, you disagree with catholic orthodox..........that just leaves you and ?.........that just leaves you! ReginaM., Anthony, and Liam and rarely do they post to you.(lol)
I/we as Catholics have a right to respond to you or any other anti-catholic bashing attacker of our personal faith, Jesus Christ HIMSELF and His Universal. Catholic Church.. You keep denying the fact that you are on this forum ONLY for that one specific reason. We however know that you have an "agenda "!!!!
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#534899 May 5, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
No Michael !!!...You don't have just an opinion --, you have an "agenda"!...If you had just an opinion you would express it and " be on your way"!.........We as Catholics AlL know that you can't and won't do that because you are so obsessed with your anti-catholic hostile "agenda"
That you will go to!"whatever extremes it takes" to rip and attack the faith of Every Catholic on this forum---- especially Jesus Christ and His Catholic Church.
...Grow up. Many catholics like you attack Obama simply because he takes sides of issues you disagree with, yet most catholics voted for him.

... The world ain't catholic.....and it never will be.
concerned in Brasil

Europe

#534900 May 5, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I/we as Catholics have a right to respond to you or any other anti-catholic bashing attacker of our personal faith, Jesus Christ HIMSELF and His Universal. Catholic Church.. You keep denying the fact that you are on this forum ONLY for that one specific reason. We however know that you have an "agenda "!!!!
It is funny and Ironic that the RC's here and in other blogs are always accusing that which they do more they all the rest of Christendom combined.
Your Popes your dogma's have judge all who disagree with RCC dogma like the supremacy of the Pope of Rome over all Christendom as those who are going to Hell, Anathema is upon all who disagree.

That includes All but your sect, you have Anathema Orthodox Coptic Chinese Catholic Protestant Evangelical etc etc with something the Bible nor Apostle nor any Early church father ever taught and in fact taught contrary and thus the RCC is one be Hypocritical Contradiction.

To be Anti-Catholic anti Latin Rome is to be for the Truth
So I am honored be called Anti Catholic in same way I am to be Anit-Mormon Anti-Islam or Anti-Rape or Anti-Inquisition,

What the RCC needs to wake up to is the Facts Historical and Biblical.

The RCC the Pope and many RC's who know better such as yourself need to realize you are

Anti-Truth
Anti-Christ
Anti-Jesus
Anti-Gospel

And this question that has gone unaswered for weeks now sums up how nuts your sect has become.

How about you answer my question that is now a week old to you, to show you are sincere and fair.

Why don't you tell this thread how the RCC is the one True Yadda Yadda when she via Papal bull decree by a so called Apostolic Apostle called a Pope who said this is God's will that there be Inquisition in which a new branch of PRIESTS no less was formed to carry out torture and summary executions of so called heretics and non-believers to bring about conversion affirmed by 41 popes there after for over 400+ years with the result of some 40+ million dead and many more tortured displaced and their homes and wealth confiscated to the fill Romes coffers.

Really where was this taught by the Apostles Early Church Fathers or anyone for that mater before the 14th century.

Really this is a tough one for you because this so called infallible decree by Papal Bull and 41 popes afterwards affirming it contradicts the Teachings of Jesus his Apostles and early church fathers at every point

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#534901 May 5, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I responded with the post about Crishna to make the point that I don't believe Jesus "was" Crucified. I believe religion is ALL myth.
Your words were ... "They Betrayed the Savior under Roman Influence. Now I wonder who the Real One getting Persecuted was? They call it Apologetic's, arguing in Defense. I wonder what they call it in Persecution? Crucifying the Innocent?"
I already knew that. I was just wanting your opinion on the questions I ask you..
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#534902 May 5, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Protestants are "forever" trying to prove the Catholic Church wrong----which they "never have and never will" because they have NOTHING of any historical or biblical (substance) to hold on to or back up anything they believe----(unless). you call a bible only " personal opinionated" ( man-made) belief (substance)-------that was NEVER believed by ANYONE until the 18th century..........I would suggest then, that a "coffee and donuts social gathering " of bible only self interpreters--- met--- and decided to start their own " living room" church---------
quoting, mis-quoting---interpreting and mis-interpreting bible verses EXACTLY (the same thing) that is happening today on this forum...
...No other country in the world you would rather live. 155 million protestants, only 68 million catholics. Why? What are catholics doing wrong to muster up less than 23% of the US population?

....2000 year history versus the new 500 year old new branch of christianity.
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#534903 May 5, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course you have a right.

But why, if you truly believed?

Think about it. If someone said my red car was blue, why would I need to argue about it?
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#534904 May 5, 2014
[QUOTE who="ReginaM."]<q uoted text>
Oh, I didn't say it wasn't true. I said the Pope never said that, and he didn't, so how could I possibly post as much "on his behalf"? This is along the same lines as "recanting" something he never said.
Makes no common sense!
[/QUOTE]

ReginaM.......

...You have no idea what the pope says or what his inner thoughts are., no more than I know what you mumble to yourself when no one is around.

Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#534905 May 5, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
It matters not "one iota" as to whether Regina, Anthony, Liam or any other Catholic posts to me or not !....
Oh yes it does. They avoid you like the plague........and rightfully so.

....next thing they will be posting to you, to make you feel good and not left out.

“Sept.WeWelcomThe Pope”

Since: Apr 08

Saint John Paul II Pray 4 Us.

#534906 May 5, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
lol. The only joke is someone who hides their eyes when driving down the street and sees hundreds of competing bible only protestant communities disagreeing about scripture and refusing to worship together. Little did you know that when you got excommunicated you'd have a smorgasbord of protestant options. I guess the SBC got lucky.....
End quote

Michael wrote.....

"..If they are so wrong why do more educated Americans embrace protestant communities, far out numbering catholic communities and total catholics in america, and Catholicism had a 1500 year head start?

....why do these issues that have nothing to do with you, upset you?

155 million educated protestants. 68 million catholics. In america.......and the vast majority of educated catholics don't even practice what they are suppose to.

...I would be embarrassed."
End Quote

StarC writes.....

Yea right! Like gif & cowboy with no degrees at all , the self appointed pastors???

(Busted, lol)

Education pew results

"As a group, Catholics are roughly similar to the general public on education and income, according to aggregated data from 2012 surveys in our “’Nones’ on the Rise” report. About three-in-ten Catholics have at least a college degree (29%), the same percentage as the general public overall. About 32% of Catholics have an annual family income of at least $75,000, compared with 29% of the general public.

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2014/03/...

“Sept.WeWelcomThe Pope”

#534907 May 5, 2014
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Please take some time to read God's Word and compare it to...well whatever you have posted about Mary.
1 Timothy 2:5 For there is one God, and there is one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus,
**What is a mediator you ask - one who intercedes. So ..."the intercession of the Virgin Mary, His Mother, we may obtain the joys of everlasting life"...is a lie from the pit of Hell..sorry
We ask Blessed Mother Mary to pray for us to Jesus.

When Catholics pray to Mary and the other saints in Heaven they are not bypassing Christ, whom they acknowledge as the sole Mediator between God and man. They are going to Christ

through Mary and the other saints. They are asking Mary and other saints to intercede for them before the throne of Christ in Heaven. "For the continual prayer of a just man avail much."

(James 5:16). How much more availing is the unceasing prayer of the sinless Mother of Our

Lord Jesus Christ! St. Paul asked his fellow Christians to intercede for him: "Brethren, pray for us." (2 Thess. 3:1). And again: "I beseech you therefore, brethren, through our Lord Jesus

Christ, and by the charity of the Holy Ghost, that you help me in your prayers for me to God..." (Rom. 15:30). Christ must particularly approve of our going to Him through Mary, His Blessed Mother, because He chose to come to us through her. And at Cana, He performed His first miracle after a word from His Mother.(John 2:2-11).

It is clear in Sacred Scripture that the saints in Heaven will intercede for us before the throne of Christ if they are petitioned in prayer (Apoc. Or Rev. 8:3-4), and it is clear in the records of primitive Christianity that the first Christians eagerly sought their intercession. Wrote St. John Chrysostom in the fourth century: "When thou perceives that God is chastening thee, fly not to His enemies, but to His friends, the martyrs the saints, and those who were pleasing to Him, and who have great power." If the saints have such power with God, how much more His own Mother.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#534908 May 5, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
It matters not "one iota" as to whether Regina, Anthony, Liam or any other Catholic posts to me or not !... We are ALL Catholic-Christian brothers and sisters --- united in Jesus Christ -- in and through His Universal Catholic Church--- and that is all that matters!!.
~~
TRUE CHRISTIANS ARE UNITED WITH THE HEAVENLY FATHER THROUGH JESUS CHRIST HIS SON.....

BEING A ROMAN CATHOLIC IS NOT ONE OF THE QUALIFICATIONS OF GOING TO HEAVEN..

JESUS SET THEM

He said

Mar_16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

Joh_3:15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

Joh_3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Joh_3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Joh_3:36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

Joh_5:24 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

Joh_6:35 And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.

Joh_6:40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Joh_6:47 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.

Joh_7:38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.

Joh_11:25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

Joh_11:26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

Joh_12:44 Jesus cried and said, He that believeth on me, believeth not on me, but on him that sent me.

Joh_12:46 I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness.

Act_10:43 To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins.

Rom_1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

the roman catholic church don't even have an honorable mention..
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#534909 May 5, 2014
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
When Catholics pray to Mary and the other saints in Heaven they are not bypassing Christ, whom they acknowledge as the sole Mediator between God and man. They are going to Christ
through Mary and the other saints. They are asking Mary and other saints to intercede for them before the throne of Christ in Heaven. "For the continual prayer of a just man avail much."
(James 5:16). How much more availing is the unceasing prayer of the sinless Mother of Our
Lord Jesus Christ! St. Paul asked his fellow Christians to intercede for him: "Brethren, pray for us." (2 Thess. 3:1). And again: "I beseech you therefore, brethren, through our Lord Jesus
Christ, and by the charity of the Holy Ghost, that you help me in your prayers for me to God..." (Rom. 15:30). Christ must particularly approve of our going to Him through Mary, His Blessed Mother, because He chose to come to us through her. And at Cana, He performed His first miracle after a word from His Mother.(John 2:2-11).
It is clear in Sacred Scripture that the saints in Heaven will intercede for us before the throne of Christ if they are petitioned in prayer (Apoc. Or Rev. 8:3-4), and it is clear in the records of primitive Christianity that the first Christians eagerly sought their intercession. Wrote St. John Chrysostom in the fourth century: "When thou perceives that God is chastening thee, fly not to His enemies, but to His friends, the martyrs the saints, and those who were pleasing to Him, and who have great power." If the saints have such power with God, how much more His own Mother.
I guess I'll just post again.

1 Timothy 2:5 For there is one God, and there is one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus,
**What is a mediator you ask - one who intercedes. So ..."the intercession of the Virgin Mary, His Mother, we may obtain the joys of everlasting life"...is a lie from the pit of Hell..sorry
Regina

Toms River, NJ

#534910 May 5, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
ReginaM.......
...You have no idea what the pope says or what his inner thoughts are., no more than I know what you mumble to yourself when no one is around.
(lol...) You're making no common sense again! Of course the Church is the one church founded by Jesus Christ. It has nothing to do with the Pope's "inner thoughts", as it's not based on his personal opinion. Any more rabbit holes? Maybe you'd like to recant? lol......

“Sept.WeWelcomThe Pope”

#534911 May 5, 2014
Regina wrote:
Regina Coeli
V. Queen of Heaven, rejoice, alleluia.
R. For He whom you did merit to bear, alleluia.
V. Has risen, as he said, alleluia.
R. Pray for us to God, alleluia.
V. Rejoice and be glad, O Virgin Mary, alleluia.
R. For the Lord has truly risen, alleluia.
Let us pray. O God, who gave joy to the world through the resurrection of Thy Son, our Lord Jesus Christ, grant we beseech Thee, that through the intercession of the Virgin Mary, His Mother, we may obtain the joys of everlasting life. Through the same Christ our Lord. Amen.
Regina cæli, lætare, alleluia:
R. Quia quem meruisti portare, alleluia,
Resurrexit, sicut dixit, alleluia,
R. Ora pro nobis Deum, alleluia.
Gaude et lætare, Virgo Maria, alleluia.
R. Quia surrexit Dominus vere, alleluia.
Oremus.Deus, qui per resurrectionem Filii tui, Domini nostri Iesu Christi, mundum lætificare dignatus es:
præsta, quæsumus, ut per eius Genitricem Virginem Mariam,
perpetuæ capiamus gaudia vitæ. Per eundem Christum Dominum nostrum. R. Amen.
Amen!

Hi Regina, happy 3rd Week if Easter!

Have to tell you of the Chrism Mass we went to, at the Cathedral of Our Lady in Los Angeles, the most Beautiful mass ever.
Over 400 hundred priest attended, nuns from our nearby parish went with,(tour bus) on the way they sang the Regina Caeli, so beautiful !

Go here.... For pic
http://saintanthonyparishsg.org/wp-content/up...

This is on the way out, but can you image. <3
<><

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#534912 May 5, 2014
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
Question

where is one scripture found in the bible that gives the slightest hint that

Christians have to have a mediator between them and Jesus Christ...

ANSWER

The myth about MARY THE MOTHER OF JESUS SERVING AS LIAISON/MEDIATOR

BETWEEN CHRISTIANS AND JESUS

IS NOTHING BUT A FABLE AND INVENTED LIES.AND FIGMENTS OF AN OVER ACTIVE

IMAGINATION.

1Ti_2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

NO OTHER MEDIATORS EXIST!....

“Sept.WeWelcomThe Pope”

#534913 May 5, 2014
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess I'll just post again.
Then you better stop asking your fellow

Christian to pray for you. Asking is from the pits of he!!.
concerned in Brasil

Europe

#534914 May 5, 2014
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
(James 5:16).

cut for space
In the Book of Revelation, the incense represents the prayers of the saints – that is, the prayers of Christians on earth. Twice we are told that the incense is ‘the prayers of the saints.’ Therefore the incense does not represent the intercessory prayers of the angel or the elders in heaven. Moreover, these prayers were addressed to God, and not to the elders in heaven or to the angel, for the incense ascended up before God. The saints on earth were praying to God; they were not asking the angels or saints in heaven to pray for them.

At first glance this argument sounds convincing but it is not difficult to see that it is really misleading and deceptive. Firstly, we should underline the fact that death disrupts the interaction between saints on earth and saints in heaven. As Christians we also believe in the communion of the saints – whether we are on earth or in heaven, we have a joint participation in the grace of Jesus Christ. However that does not imply that death does nothing to the interaction between us! We all know something of the painful and terrible reality of death separating us from our loved ones. The soul of the departed is alive and conscious – in heaven or hell, but there is no communication between the departed and us. That’s why the Bible forbids us from trying to communicate with the dead. Dead saints remain part of the body of Christ, but there is an effective separation from the living saints. One day the Lord will give His people a glorified and immortal body and gather us all together. Until then we must face the sad consequence of death: separation!

Secondly, we note that praying to the saints in not equivalent to asking fellow Christians for prayer. This excuse may be convincing to some Christians who never had any personal experience of the Catholic religion. Otherwise, every Catholic (and former Catholic) knows that praying to Mary or the saints is completely different than asking a fellow believer for prayer.

Suppose a Christian brother comes and kneels before you, imploring you with great devotion to pray for him. Would you allow him? How would you react if he calls you his advocate, his hope and refuge? What if he thanks you for the many graces you conferred on him and for delivering him from hell? Suppose he tells you that he confines his salvation to your care and pleads with you to stay with him until you see him safe in heaven? Would you call that “asking a fellow Christian for prayer”? Of course not! That kind of prayer and confidence is nothing less than divine worship and it should be directed only to the Lord Jesus Christ. And yet that is exactly the kind of prayer that Catholics offer to Mary and the saints.

cont...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 4 min Mr Sir 9,674
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 15 hr 15th Dalai Lama 84,395
News Pope Francis Affirms Evolution and Big Bang Theory Thu Chimney1 420
News Ahead of pope's visit to US, some friction over... Aug 26 Belle Sexton 3
News Ahead of pope's visit to US, some friction over... Aug 25 Abrahamanic Relig... 1
News Pope Benedict is living out old age calmly (Aug '08) Aug 24 The Oracle 73
News LGBT equality groups getting shut out of Pope F... Aug 23 Fundiementally ill 8
More from around the web