Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 699409 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#535246 May 6, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> Wrong...Christ Church was there from the very beginning...not Catholicism...The catholic word meaning Universal NOT Catholicism
With all sincerity, I hope things are going ok for you.
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#535247 May 6, 2014
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
UN Report Classifies Lack Of Access to Abortion as "Torture"
United Nations special rapporteur on torture and other cruel, inhumane or degrading treatment or punishment, Juan E. Méndez, came out with his yearly report on torture last month. This year's report "focuses on certain forms of abuses in health-care settings that may cross a threshold of mistreatment that is tantamount to torture or cruel, inhuman or degrading treatment or punishment." Among other things, Méndez specifically cites lack of access to abortion.
http://www.policymic.com/articles/30925/un-re...
From the book “Chronology of Women’s History,” by Kirstin Olsen, comes the following

The Reagan administration denies U.S. funds worldwide to any family-planning program that provides abortions or abortion information. As a result, sixty-seven developing nations where abortion is legal are unable to offer this service. About 200,000 women die of botched abortions as a result.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#535248 May 6, 2014
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure, when pigs fly. Then she should have contacted the Bishop because what he did is not valid in the Catholic Church. Deal with it. Sweetheart.
Contacted the Bishop for the $500??

Why didn't the priest say anything about contacting the Bishop?
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#535249 May 6, 2014
Seraphima wrote:
<quoted text> If they were never married, then what happens to the children? Do they disappear?
I don't know.

Civil law vs. a new and improved "God's" law. Semantics to keep the pews filled maybe?

A Google search offers evidence that Born-Agains have a higher divorce rate. They say it's because the ones who divorce aren't "true" Born-Agains. The RCC says the same about a sacrament.

Delusions need a way of backtracking. No one in the Church will defend it. But how full would the pews be if they allowed a few hundred annulments per year?

Does God care? I say that no true God needs such semantics.

I base my opinion on reason and the nature of my God.

Ramen
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#535250 May 6, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
There ya go again. Assuming and projecting.
Did YOU assume that your "contacts" showed you the source of universal life and in turn project your knowledge unto those of us helpless ones on the forum that depend on you for wisdom???

:)
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#535251 May 6, 2014
1 Corinthians 13

New King James Version (NKJV)

The Greatest Gift

13 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal. 2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned,[a] but have not love, it profits me nothing.

4 Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; 5 does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; 6 does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; 7 bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

8 Love never fails. But whether there are prophecies, they will fail; whether there are tongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will vanish away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part. 10 But when that which is perfect has come, then that which is in part will be done away.

11 When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things. 12 For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known.

13 And now abide faith, hope, love, these three; but the greatest of these is love.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#535252 May 6, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
There ya go again. Assuming and projecting.
The only time she shows up on the forum is before she has to "go to work."

If you believe that, then that's your business. I don't buy it.
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#535253 May 6, 2014
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure, when pigs fly. Then she should have contacted the Bishop because what he did is not valid in the Catholic Church. Deal with it. Sweetheart.
My apologies I was wrong...I researched it and it seems an annulment can cost up to $1000 now a days. Everything else cost more today, why not annulments. ROTFLAU!!!!!
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#535254 May 6, 2014
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Annulments are nothing more than a money making scheme by the catholic church. Go see a priest, he counsels you a few times, says the church never recognized your marriage, and oh by the way you owe $500.
Have you checked divorce rates lately?$500 is a steal.
Liam

Houston, TX

#535255 May 6, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
...So you like them, ONLY because they are catholic?
I always liked them. I never new Kimmel and Fallon were Catholic until yesterday.. It must bug an insecure atheist like you. The Supreme court rules in favor of prayer and the talk show circuit is overcome by famous practicing Catholics.

Yes Michael, something is terribly wrong with the CC in America, lol. Terribly wrong. Its unbelievable... its alarming for all of Catholicism!! What are we going to do! Lol
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#535256 May 6, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
If suffering had never existed there would be no reason whatsoever for humans to try to explain why humans and all other forms of life suffer.
And THAT is a fact.
Religion came from human mentalities through fear of suffering and it still thrives on fear of suffering, which extended from suffering on earth to supposedly explaining how the creator in a hereafter plans to reject some to hell and reward others with eternal bliss.
STUPID, STUPID humans.
If a creator created suffering, then I suggest there will BE NO eternal bliss, as the creator enjoys suffering, as long as it is not HIS suffering.
Religion is BUNK!
If... then....?

Bunkology

Check out Buddhism.

Or Pastafarianism.

It is what it is :o)

Ramen
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#535257 May 6, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
With all sincerity, I hope things are going ok for you.
Seriphima stated ... "The catholic word meaning Universal NOT Catholicism."

The word catholic at one time had no connection TO religion, as it simply meant "universal." So the disgruntled ex-Jews, searching for a word to start their new religion took the word catholic and applied it TO their religion in the hopes that their religion WOULD BECOME universal.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

The Catholic Encyclopedia

Catholic

The word Catholic (katholikos from katholou -- throughout the whole, i.e., universal) occurs in the Greek classics, e.g., in Aristotle and Polybius, and was freely used by the earlier Christian writers in what we may call its primitive and non-ecclesiastical sense.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#535258 May 6, 2014
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
U.N. report: Bans on abortion are 'torture'
Denying a woman access to an otherwise legal abortion is “tantamount to torture,” claims a designated United Nations expert in an official report to the international body.
Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2013/03/u-n-report-bans-on...
~~~~~~~~~~
So where's the outrage all you "Christians"?? I don't hear a peep out of you. Why aren't you posting this and 'checking it out"?? Hmmmm?? KayMarie???
If you had your way, more women would be dead from botched abortions.

Whether abortions occur in clinics or in back alleys, the fetuses always perish. Do you WANT the women to perish along WITH the fetuses ... you heartless idiot???
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#535259 May 6, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd make jokes too if it were my church charging folks just so the church never recognized their marriage.

What a joke
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#535260 May 6, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
I always liked them. I never new Kimmel and Fallon were Catholic until yesterday.. It must bug an insecure atheist like you. The Supreme court rules in favor of prayer and the talk show circuit is overcome by famous practicing Catholics.
I suggest that they should allow Muslim prayers to be said along with the Christian prayers. It would make for harmony and UNITY.

:)
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#535261 May 6, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Better divorce than murder.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#535262 May 6, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The only time she shows up on the forum is before she has to "go to work."
If you believe that, then that's your business. I don't buy it.
That doesn't seem unbelievable June..
Regina

Toms River, NJ

#535263 May 6, 2014
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
My apologies I was wrong...I researched it and it seems an annulment can cost up to $1000 now a days. Everything else cost more today, why not annulments. ROTFLAU!!!!!
You certainly were wrong...but not about the $500. Now who's laughing at whom?

(Gee, do you think you can come up with your own childishness and not copy off of something preston always types.)
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#535264 May 6, 2014
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Back in the day, movie stars with enough money could move "god" in the right direction to obtain annulments.

The poor Catholics had to stay together until death did they part, even if they hated each other's guts.

However, now annulments are handed out so as to make a joke of the very WORD annulment.
Liam

Houston, TX

#535265 May 6, 2014
Chuck wrote:
<quoted text>
It should be more. What does your sect do if a husband or wife, or two husbands or two wives wanna divorce each other?
Does pastor Bob tell them to go to the courthouse, because Holy Matrimony is of no concern to the church?
Lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Apr 18 G-Tee 10,755
News Pope writes Chile's bishops after receiving sex... Apr 12 Wisdom of Ages 1
News Vatican nixes former Irish president from Women... Apr 5 dubiecatholicarch... 3
News Vatican backs Obama as Nobel Peace Prize Winner (Oct '09) Apr 5 helpful links 40
News 'Hell does not exist,' says Pope Francis Apr 5 thepopeonthetwit 3
News Pope 'loves China', Vatican official says on tr... (Aug '17) Feb '18 C Kersey 3
News Vatican mulls putting end to limbo (Apr '07) Feb '18 Leary 43