Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 591352 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#534850 May 5, 2014
I remember a boy of about 12 years of age bragging that nothing could make him cry.

Another boy picked up a metal rod and wacked him on the head.

He went screaming home to mama.

Such is the case on this forum. Hojo keeps bragging that nothing can hurt him or his Catholic religion.

Metaphorically stating ... I suggest that that taunt makes the Protestants want to see hojo cry.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#534851 May 5, 2014
ReginaM wrote:
<quoted text>
Except that the Pope never said that. The "reporter" got hold of an internal document meant for those in the Church, and not knowing what she was reading drew her own conclusion and ran with it (never a good idea, particularly if one is a so-called "reporter"). Therefore, no "brag" took place.
We've explained this dozens of times on this board, linking to the original document, even copying and pasting portions of it. Did anyone pay any attention? Nooooo, of course not. It's easier to lie about the Church and accuse the Pope of "bragging" which he did not do, then to admit they're wrong and apologize for bearing false witness.
The non-Catholics (protestant and otherwise) got caught with their hands in the cookie jar and now their embarrassed so the only solution is extend their claws and dig in. It's not a pretty sight, so if you're squeamish, I'd suggest not looking.
..ReginaM.
...(lol). I never saw the pope recant it?
.....every time the pope speaks he can never clearly get his thoughts correctly on paper, because catholics always say that's not what he meant.(lol)
...same with the bible when it clearly states several times of a man named Jesus having brothers and sister......and Only catholics claim that's not what it really means.
.....Its so laughable!....you should be laughing
....that's not good

Prince George, Canada

#534852 May 5, 2014
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
Except that the Pope never said that.
The pope didn't have to say it. The popes both believe the Roman Catholic is the only true church ... and so do you and so does hojo and every Catholic that believes Catholicism is the "fullness of the faith.

The Jews that were and are still faithful to Judaism had the same idea planted as seeds by their theologians in their brain-cells.

Prince George, Canada

#534853 May 5, 2014
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
The non-Catholics (protestant and otherwise) got caught with their hands in the cookie jar and now their embarrassed so the only solution is extend their claws and dig in. It's not a pretty sight, so if you're squeamish, I'd suggest not looking.
The first Protestors were Catholics protesting against other Catholic, and they started protesting right from the beginning of Christianity.

It took until the 16th century for their to be enough anti-Catholic protestors to finally break the power of the military might of the pope of that era.

You really need to get out from under the spell of your Catholic self-indulgence, to, in turh see it from the outside IN.

Prince George, Canada

#534854 May 5, 2014
Yes, I spot my grammatical errors sometimes, but if you get what I mean, that is what's important to me.
Regina

Toms River, NJ

#534855 May 5, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
..ReginaM.
.....every time the pope speaks he can never clearly get his thoughts correctly on paper, because catholics always say that's not what he meant.(lol)
...same with the bible when it clearly states several times of a man named Jesus having brothers and sister......and Only catholics claim that's not what it really means.
....that's not good
One does not "recant" something one never said.

Yeah, I am laughing.....(lol).....

Prince George, Canada

#534856 May 5, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
..ReginaM.
....that's not good
When they can laugh at their own stupidity, they will no longer have the will to preach that they know truth.

Pride keeps them all puffed up, as are peacocks that are driven by lust.
Regina

Toms River, NJ

#534857 May 5, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The pope didn't have to say it. The popes both believe the Roman Catholic is the only true church ... and so do you and so does hojo and every Catholic that believes Catholicism is the "fullness of the faith.
The Jews that were and are still faithful to Judaism had the same idea planted as seeds by their theologians in their brain-cells.
Back peddling there, June? You said the Pope "bragged" and that's the basis of this thread.

He didn't.

Finite.

All your "explanations" (and theirs) are superfluous. No more but, but, buts.......

Prince George, Canada

#534858 May 5, 2014
If you would care to see what I see, you would see that within Jewish literature the Jews had the fullness of faith before the ex-Jew Catholics claimed that the Jews "had no fullness of faith."

Yet when the Protestants tried and still try to destroy the Catholic "fullness of faith" claim ... the Catholics scream "FOUL! How DARE YOU!!!"

Apparently it just depends on which group is doing the destroying of the "fullness of faith."

Sarcasm intended.
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#534859 May 5, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You will hear them bragging that God lead them. You will "never" hear preachers complaining that a devil lead them, as they know they would have no followers.
Religious JUNK!
Except mine.

Thx

Ramen
Regina

Toms River, NJ

#534860 May 5, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
..ReginaM.
....that's not good
Oh, and by the by, it's not only the Catholic Church who profess the perpetual virginity of the Blessed Virgin Mary. Sheesh, you might want to actually get hold of some facts before posting in public, ya know? Still laughing.......

Prince George, Canada

#534861 May 5, 2014
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
Back peddling there, June? You said the Pope "bragged" and that's the basis of this thread.
He didn't.
Maybe he did say it to a "reporter" , and you just didn't hear him say it.

"Dear Jesus, I thank you for giving our Catholic church the only truth in the whole universe. AMEN!"

tongue in cheek

Prince George, Canada

#534862 May 5, 2014
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you should be looking in the mirror when you laugh.

It might help to deflate your gigantic ego in the haughty attitude that your religion controls the whole market of universal truth.

Prince George, Canada

#534863 May 5, 2014
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, and by the by, it's not only the Catholic Church who profess the perpetual virginity of the Blessed Virgin Mary. Sheesh, you might want to actually get hold of some facts before posting in public, ya know? Still laughing.......
By the way, from your opinion, did Mary convert to Catholicism before Jesus or after Jesus???

Mary was a Pagan goddess that was stolen from the Pagans and adapted to Christian mythology by the Catholics.

She only lives as a Catholic movie-star in your head.
Regina

Toms River, NJ

#534864 May 5, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you should be looking in the mirror when you laugh.
It might help to deflate your gigantic ego in the haughty attitude that your religion controls the whole market of universal truth.
But, but, but..... Struck a nerve, huh? Truth will do that.

(lol.......)
Pad

Rockford, IL

#534865 May 5, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
Now on a serious note ... since almost the beginning of Christianity, the Christians held power over the Jews.
So century after century the Jews have virtually had to suppress their religion so as not to irritate the all-powerful Christian majority.
I've noticed the absence of Jews on this forum.
I believe they are still held in the bondage of fear.
Such horrors as their ancestors endured at the hands of the Christians who had all the military might, are not easily erased from their radar.
I have at least 6 books that give me the well documented history of JEWS in Europe,(western and eastern). The books are all authored by Jewish writers.It is nothing far from tragic the history of Jewish peoples all through those areas,by the way they were called Dhimis in Middle Eastern countries outside of Israel.The curse of persecution has long been with the Jews both before Christ and after HIM.I have been reading one by one,and my spirit is deeply stirred by the horrible treatment of Jews in Europe especially.I am not surprised by the Arabic persecutions,as both the Jews and Arabs have always been at odds.Islam has increased anti-Jewish fervor over the centuries,as Muhammad stated more than once in the Koran his distaste for Jewishness.

Political Roman Catholicism,set up like a monarchy with a King(POPE),and having subjects such as the Cardinals at their disposal,along with the many Bishops who held control of cities and provinces,ignited antisemitism often,the populace driven by fear and hatred of the Jews("Christ-killers ") carrying out the pogroms,constant persecution,killings,hangings, pillaging and exiling many.

The whole matter has been fairly stated by the authors,who also included the GOOD things done to the Jews by those who were true Christians in the sense that they hated the evil which was poured out in the Name of Christ.I want to include that after or post REFORMATION Jews as written in these books fared much better under various Protestant groups of Holland and sections of Germany,especially in Denmark and Scandinavia.Jews survived well in Estonia,Latvia and Finland,in spite of small assaults against them by mobs in those places.The two things Jews were guilty of :Money lending,and child sacrifice, ignited strong vicious attacks against Jewish ghettos,and communities which were always isolated from the Christian communities.

No one can soft soap the treatment of the Jewish communities especially in Spain and Portugal where they were challenged the most of their survival and self determination.Spain hurled a hideous attack for centuries toward forced converts to Catholicism of JEWS,called CONVERSOS(Moranos).That was a very sordid and excruciating experience for so many Jews who yielded to forced baptisms,rather than be killed immediately.Those same Jews later were placed under scrutiny as to their true devotion to Roman Catholicism.Tribunals under the Inquisition sentenced many Conversos to death.Much land and property was confiscated from the Jews and as can be expected added to the coffers of the Roman Church.

GOD SEES,and His elect and chosen people were under the worst curse by the very people God also touched who claimed to follow His Son.Ironic and perplexing to say the least.That is why JUDGMENT is only fair to execute on such who do these things.If in fact the perpetrators of those centuries including Popes did not repent of their carnage against God's Chosen,than there has to be an extenuating future accounting for those deeds.God is not Mocked"whatever a man sows he shall also reap."The Jews were dispersed continuously,and that finally leads to the Establishment of the STATE of Israel. Not saying that it ever was God's will to cause such derision and mayhem for His people,but God always has the Last Word,and ISRAEL is that in physical form as the Nation for His OWN.

That however does not exonerate the many Catholics who persecuted Jews for over 6 centuries in Europe.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#534866 May 5, 2014
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
...ReginaM..

.....If the pope never said the catholic church is the one true church, why have you been on this forum for 5 years posting thousands of times, arguing the church is the one of true church on behalf of the pope who you claim never said the church is the one true church?
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#534867 May 5, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
Why? Because the Catholics were a minority and they were being attacked during prayers.
I made mention of "true Catholic" because you have replied to Mike about ones who are "not true."
My comments were meant to suggest that since a majority of Catholics weren't "true" by your often-stated standards, perhaps you should ask yourself if you aren't the "true" one today?
Perhaps Pastafarianism is too great a leap.
Have you considered the Orthodox Catholic Church?
Ramen
Delusions, your conclusion is illogical. If you're defending Mikey's numbers you must concede that the increase in non-practicing Catholics coincides with the increase in non-practicing Catholics voting for politicians who reject Catholic teaching.

I suggest the "true" Catholics represent the coinciding numbers of Catholics who abide by Church teaching and vote for politicians who accept Church teaching, or at least don't hold beliefs that contradict the moral teachings of the Church. For instance, I voted for Mitt Romney based on his pro-life and pro-family positions.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#534868 May 5, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
"THEY ONLY DISPLAY HIM IN OPEN SHAME..ON A CROSS..."
St. Paul says you're wrong.
Are free of sin? What is your authority? Reading the bible?
Time for you to man up and demonstrate your credentials for claiming to speak for God.
~~~

IT IS TIME FOR THE ROMAN CATHOLIC RELIGIOUS SYSTEM...TO

PROVE THEIR CREDENTIALS AS THE VOICE OF GOD ON THE EARTH...

THAT GOD GAVE JESUS (HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN SON) ONLY TO THEM ...AND

AUTHORIZED THEM TO CONTROL CHRISTIANITY ON THE EARTH...

~~~

JESUS DID NOT BOW TO THE DEVIL IN THE WILDERNESS OF TEMPTATION ..

Mat 4:9 And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me.
Mat 4:10 Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.

I ALSO REFUSE TO CATER TO THE ROMAN CATHOLIC DEMANDS...

I HAVE THE SAME ANSWER THAT JESUS GAVE THE DEVIL THEN..

.Mat 4:4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

MAN SHALL NOT LIVE BY THE EUCHARIST (BREAD AND WINE) ALONE

but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.
Regina

Toms River, NJ

#534869 May 5, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
By the way, from your opinion, did Mary convert to Catholicism before Jesus or after Jesus???
Mary was a Pagan goddess that was stolen from the Pagans and adapted to Christian mythology by the Catholics.
She only lives as a Catholic movie-star in your head.
Ticked off much?

It's unbecoming of you, June.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 2 hr Gee Tee 9,430
News Pope says Catholics must practice a responsible... 5 hr ELIAS IBARRA 16
News Pope Holds Meeting to Encourage Adoption of U.N... 7 hr ELIAS IBARRA 26
News Rick Santorum blasts Pope Francis as 'not credi... 8 hr Tazo 1
News As ideology fades in Cuba, spirituality and pop... Mon L I G E R 1
News Philippines cardinal worked for peace with Muslims (Apr '14) Mon KristoFMYsagun 14
News St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes (Apr '14) Mon pazuzu 68
More from around the web