Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 670533 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Anthony MN

United States

#535147 May 6, 2014
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
<quoted text>
-
-
The SAINTS?
really?
Who raised the "saints" to their relative position?
The pope .... who was NOT doing what Jesus instructed, from the very start.
-
You just might have to ask a JW for their list of saints... if you want the answer to that question...
More "saintly" behavior from the JW's?
http://beforeitsnews.com/scandals/2014/03/jeh...
Yes, I'd like to know who the JW's consider "saints".

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#535148 May 6, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
That' is exactly what I said!........You don't know what you are talking about by " making things up" with false and distorted claims that I left the Protestant religion for heavenly reasons!.... You sure are in a desperation mode June.!!!! You will say ANYTHING in order to keep your atheistic hostility (hot on the back burner) in order to get your lies across!!!
God ... "I already know what you are thinking hojo, but I want to watch you squirm when you try to lie to me, as you were in the habit of lying to other humans when you were on earth. So I will ask you two 'simple' questions. Number one, why did you leave the Protestant religion for the Catholic religion?"

hojo ...(quivering in his nakedness) "Well God, I was told that the Catholic religion had the fullness of faith."

God ... "And here comes number two question. Who told you that hojo?"

Hojo ... "The Catholics."

God ... "HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. "

Prince George, Canada

#535150 May 6, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!!!
Glad you enjoyed it. That's one of my favorite "laugh-gags" stunts.

United States

#535151 May 6, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Is the Watchtower magazine divinely inspired?
What about this?
http://m.sunderlandecho.com/news/crime/jehova...
-
why don't a JW?

Prince George, Canada

#535152 May 6, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> I am talking about the Jews turning their back on the Savior. I know you saw where I said that at also. you're not even good at deflecting, it really shows your Ignorance. you got a hard on for them catholics and protestants. I know you couldn't answer them question, because it is truth. all you talk about is hate like you know an inside secret that no one else does. I suggest you double up on them Enemas, as you are really full of shyt.
And I am posting that there was no savior on which to turn any backs.

The word Jesus was a word made up by the Catholics out of the Greek word Ihcuc.

Would you put YOUR faith in Ihcuc???

The Jews were slaughtered for centuries because of a Catholic LIE that was invented by ex-Jew Catholic church fathers lusting to start a new religion totally foreign to Judaism.

“BACK IN TIME”

Since: Dec 13

Under a Bridge, USA

#535154 May 6, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If rumor has it right, it will take far more than a regiment of soldiers to save you from angry ex-wives.
:)
Good morning June.

I hope you have a wonderful day.
Liam

Houston, TX

#535155 May 6, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
My Church has a large population of immigrants from Nigeria and Vietnam. Some of the most gentle and caring Christians I've ever encountered. Does this make my Church less of a Church because it's not exclusively white Anglo Saxon? What would John Hagee say? Lol.
Former Atheist turned Catholic, Jennifer Fulwiler, author of the new book "Something other than God", recounts when the seed was first planted: She was watching the funeral of John Paul II with her atheist husband,(because it was on every single channel) and she noticed the audience of 4 million- from Africa, Asia, Europe, Latin America. Blacks, whites, young old. Priests, Nuns, laity, and a representative of every government on earth; Kings, Queens, Muslims and Jewish leaders in Rome, Presidents and dignitaries..... paying homage to the Bishop of Rome. To her, if Jesus was real, and he said "go and make disciples of all nations, Baptizing them in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit......" There was only one Christian group on the planet that qualified. The Catholic Church. There is only one that is known and has been known in every decade since Christ. To her, if God was real and salvation for us is so important to Him, there had to be a visible, clear body; with clear infallible teachings on truth. Simply pointing to the Bible- as often Evangelicals do - wasn't sufficient. A person like Jennifer has to know why. The Bible says Jesus gave Peter the keys. That's a transfer of power as it was in the Davidic Kingdom. Jews would agree. If Jesus was the Messiah, then Mathew 16:18 to them means Jesus installed a prime minister, just like David did in Isaiah.(Isaiah 22:22) "I will give you the keys to the house of David). No Jew like Jesus, would have quoted Isaiah if he wasn't establishing a hierarchy.
Dan

United States

#535156 May 6, 2014
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
<quoted text>
-
-
I guess you have to read the Bible to find that out. Pay close attention to what Jesus has said. Matthew 23:9 is a good place to start. "Call no man Father".
-
WHY are there dozens of competing protestant groups?
SIMPLE: They FIRST were in opposition to the Roman Catholic Church ... and the confusion went on from there.
-
When Martin Luther split from the church people had been deprived of the simple TRUTH from the Bible for so long that they had a difficult time figuring things out.
-
We are STILL having a difficult time figuring things out.
-
-
http://biblehub.com/niv/galatians/1.htm
No Other Gospel
6 I am astonished that you ARE SO QUICKLY quickly deserting the one who called you to live in the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel— 7 WHICH IS REALLY NO GOSPEL AT ALL. EVIDENTLY SOME PEOPLE ARE THROWING YOU INTO CONFUSION AND ARE TRYING TO PERVERT THE GOSPEL OF CHRIST. 8 But even if WE or an ANGEL FROM HEAVEN SHOULD PREACH A GOSPEL OTHER THAN THE ONE WE PREACHED TO YOU, let them be under God’s curse!
"When Martin Luther split from the church people had been deprived of the simple TRUTH from the Bible for so long that they had a difficult time figuring things out.
-
We are STILL having a difficult time figuring things out. "

If "We" can't figure out what you called "the simple TRUTH from the Bible" in 700 years or so, either you are awfully thick or it's not so "simple".

Which is it?

-

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#535157 May 6, 2014
--SPOONER-- wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning pusherman.
I hope you have a great day.
God Bless.
Good Morning to you also, and thank you. I am picking on June this morn, hahaha!

Prince George, Canada

#535158 May 6, 2014
--SPOONER-- wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning pusherman.
I hope you have a great day.
God Bless.
I also hope that pusherman has a good day.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#535159 May 6, 2014
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
John Hagee always says, "I you are not tithing, you are stealing from GOD."
-
To which I always say: "Then give me God's bank account number so I can deposit direct."
~~~~
THE BIBLE SAYS....IN THE OLD TESTAMENT

Mal 3:8 Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings.

Mal 3:9 Ye are cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed me, even this whole nation.

Mal 3:10 Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.

IN THE NEW....TESTAMENT

Heb 7:8 And here men that die receive tithes; but there he receiveth them, of whom it is witnessed that he liveth.

Prince George, Canada

#535160 May 6, 2014
--SPOONER-- wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning June.
I hope you have a wonderful day.
Thank you, and back at you.

And by the way ... thank you for not adding "God Bless you" on my post.

I promise I won't go into your place of worship and preach Atheism at you.

Prince George, Canada

#535161 May 6, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> Good Morning to you also, and thank you. I am picking on June this morn, hahaha!
I'm pleased that you are here "conversing" with me.

Prince George, Canada

#535162 May 6, 2014
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
either you are awfully thick or it's not so "simple".
Which is it?-
Just maybe it's not so simple as you have been taught.

I suggest it's always wise to not put faith in words written by theologians as being tellers of truth ... no matter how many "charms" they use to lure you in to their specialized cults.

Location hidden

#535164 May 6, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I also hope that pusherman has a good day.
Thank you very much June. I hope you have a wonderful day also :)

Prince George, Canada

#535166 May 6, 2014
Again I will post that as a child I would not believe that Jesus was a savior of all humans if he only chose to save those of the Christian faith. It made no sense to me.

Now, as an adult, having studied how monotheistic Judaism branched off of polytheistic Judaism and how Catholicism branched off of monotheistic Judaism, I observed a pattern of one religion after another vilifying the religion that came before, to try to create the illusion that the new religion was based on truth and the older religions were all based on lies.

Religion has a long and formidable history of such skullduggery, and it's not over yet.

The new religion of Wicca is very popular and full of fluffology. It will no-doubt be heavy competition for the older religions of hells and torments, as Wiccans teach that the goddess loves everybody.

Humans are needy of attention, and that in turn makes religion a very popular commodity.

Prince George, Canada

#535167 May 6, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> Thank you very much June. I hope you have a wonderful day also :)
Thank you.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#535168 May 6, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Right. The ex-Catholic denomination is made up of plenty of excommunicated thrice married, twice divorced folks.
And if it weren't for the millions of Catholic German, Irish and Italian immigrants there probably wouldn't be any Catholics in the US today. Are you suggesting the Latinos are inferior human beings than those other immigrants? Are White Anglo Saxon protestants the master race Adolf?
I know of Catholic's that have been married two and three times and divorced. Does this count? Oh that's right they were never married, they never slept together, their lips never touched and neither did their hands,they never shared the same anything because IT DIDNT HAPPEN.all because of the word innullment.

Location hidden

#535169 May 6, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
And I am posting that there was no savior on which to turn any backs.
The word Jesus was a word made up by the Catholics out of the Greek word Ihcuc.
Would you put YOUR faith in Ihcuc???
The Jews were slaughtered for centuries because of a Catholic LIE that was invented by ex-Jew Catholic church fathers lusting to start a new religion totally foreign to Judaism.
I totally agree with you about the Catholics, but I personally think Jesus did exist. The Romans Vaspasian and his son Titus is where it started Constantine just finished it by adapting Christianity. For Jesus not to have been a real being, they would have had to back date his existence to the Birth thru the Crucifixion of Christ.. Christ didn't exist in there time, so for him to not have existed at all is for them to have back dated his existence. I think that would have been possible but not likely. Vaspasian did capture Josephus when he "Defeated God" he also took all religious relics, including Jewish Ancient Scrolls and with Josephus being a Traitor to the Jews, they could have Ingeniously came up with that scheme..A lot of time between them and Constantine tho, but still plausible. just not likely..

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#535170 May 6, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Is the Watchtower magazine divinely inspired?
What about this?
http://m.sunderlandecho.com/news/crime/jehova...
Ask yourself the same question when it comes to the scandles of your church. Were they "Divinely Inspired"?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 4 hr Married in 10,408
News Pope discusses climate, immigrants in historic ... (Sep '15) Feb 22 WelbyMD 47
News Where Is the Place for Devout Gay Families in t... (Oct '15) Feb 17 True Christian wi... 49
News Vatican will finance adult stem cell research (Apr '10) Feb 12 Pessimistic1 29
News Prayers To Mother Mary 'Cured Lung Cancer' (Jan '10) Feb 11 Phart Girlishly 323
News Pope sings on CD for charity (Dec '09) Feb 11 Phart Musically 31
News Woman Knocks Over Pope Benedict XVI At Christma... (Dec '09) Feb 11 Phart Athletically 165
More from around the web