Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 600112 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#534813 May 5, 2014
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
That's it. That's all He said.
The Church has been around doing it for 2000 years. I don't know if one would call that a measurement of "success" or not, but it's something.
2000 years in one form or another is more than something. The RCC is well organized and successful in many ways for sure. I'd say helping to shape civilizations is more than "something."

I'f spreading the message is why Jesus appointed the CC, what is the purpose of the clergy?

Sounds more like Evangelism to me, sorry.

So why aren't you out spreading the message, like some other Christians for their denomination?

I've had 7 dayers, mormons, and who knows what, but in my many decades on earth, I have never had a Catholic come to my door spreading the message. Have you?

Ramen
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#534814 May 5, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
Per BBC....Problems at the vatacan!!!!!!!
According to the report, the Pope was extremely open as he discussed problems at the Vatican.
He is said to have told the Latin American delegation that there were good, holy men in the administration, but that there was also corruption.
The Vatican would have to "see what we can do" about the "gay lobby" operating in the bureaucracy, he said. "It is true, it is there," the report quotes him as saying.
In the days leading up to Pope Benedict XVI's resignation in February, the Italian media carried many un-sourced reports that gay Vatican clergymen had been working together to advance their personal interests, leaving the Holy See vulnerable to blackmail.
There were even suggestions that the situation had influenced Benedict's decision to resign.
http://www.rainbowbaptists.org/index.htm/
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#534815 May 5, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
I can just picture some Hindus plotting a new theology and taking pen and ink to write of a new savior coming to earth in bodily.
"What shall we name HIM?"
"How about we name HIM Crishna."
"Okie Dokey."
"And we will write that HE is the master of truth. That way they will follow whatever we tell them is right and JUST, such as killing in Crishna's NAME."
"Yeah, they are such fools, they won't know that we are the ones to write what Crishna expects of their behavior."
Why not HER?

Ramen

(Prepare thyself.)
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#534816 May 5, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
So your agenda then is to use the statistics of non-practicing Catholics in the USA as your justification for rejecting the Catholic faith.
Your too easy Mikey.
...You posted for Hojo because you know he is not capable of posting back without his embarassing comments.

.....I give information because that is what the world is all about today. People want to know what's going on.

....Why is it that most roman catholics do not follow church doctrines/rules/regulations? Is the church that disorganized or dysfunctional that most followers don't give a Schitt? Seems to be.

.....You couldn't run a large company if more than half the employees didn't show up for work or have faith in the products they sell. That is dysfunction.

....Imagine a club with 1000 members and most don't follow the rules/regulations. You have dysfunction.

....You blame me for all the ills of your church, because catholics like you have no say of how it operates.(lol)

Dysfunction!

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#534817 May 5, 2014
LTM wrote:
"Why did God allow the Holocaust?"
Christians were taught IN their religion to hate Jews.

Hitler was raised staunch Catholic, and his hatred of the Jews is well-known.

If religion had not existed, Hitler would not have been taught that the Jews were vile offenders of "GOD" and that they deserved punishment and death.

You don't want to see that religion is the ROOT of the problem.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#534818 May 5, 2014
LTM wrote:
Why does God allow birth defects?"
Answer: The ultimate answer to this difficult question is that when Adam and Eve sinned (Genesis chapter 3), they brought evil, sickness, disease, and death into the world. Sin has been wreaking havoc on the human race ever since. Birth defects occur because of sin...not because of sins the parents or the baby have committed, but because of sin itself. The hard part of the question is why God allows people to be born with terrible birth defects and/or deformities. Why doesn't God prevent birth defects from occurring?
The book of Job deals with the issue of not understanding why God allows certain things to occur. God had allowed Satan to do everything he wanted to Job except kill him. What was Job’s reaction?“Though he slay me, yet will I hope in him”(Job 13:15).“The LORD gave and the LORD has taken away; may the name of the LORD be praised”(Job 1:21). Job didn’t understand why God had allowed the things He did, but he knew that God was good and therefore continued to trust in Him. Ultimately, that should be our reaction as well. God is good, just, loving, and merciful. Often things happen to us that we simply cannot understand. However, instead of doubting God's goodness, our reaction should be to trust Him. "Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight" (Proverbs 3:5-6).
Ultimately, the answer to this question has to be “I don’t know.” We will never be able to fully understand God and His ways. It is wrong for us to question why God allows something to occur. We simply have to trust that He is loving, good, and merciful – just like Job did – even when the evidence seems to indicate the opposite. Sickness and disease are the result of sin. God provided the “cure” for sin in sending Jesus Christ to die for us (Romans 5:8). Once we are in heaven, we will be free from sickness, disease, and death. Until that day, we will have to deal with sin, its effects, and its consequences. We can praise God, though, that He can and will use birth defects and other tragedies for our good and His glory. John 9:2-3 declares, "His disciples asked Him,'Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?''Neither this man nor his parents sinned,' said Jesus,'but this happened so that the work of God might be displayed in his life.'"
Read more: http://www.gotquestions.org/birth-defects.htm...
...Two people without knowledge of right from wrong ate an apple they weren't suppose to so they were punished severely and so was every future unborn child because of some silly story.

......I say quit worrying and get on with enjoying your life.

Prince George, Canada

#534819 May 5, 2014
Hitler even stooped so low as to give credit to his otherwise enemy, the Protestant Martin Luther for HIS hatred of the Jews.

It is no secret "why" the Jews were persecuted.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

World History Timelines
Din Timelines

may 00 - Before embarking on the First Crusade Count Emich von Leiningen and his army swept through their own German homeland, murdering thousands of Jews, whom they had declared "murderers of Christ."
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#534820 May 5, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
IF THE ROMAN CATHOLIC RELIGIOUS SYSTEM HAD
CREATED
MAINTAINED AND
EXTENDED
ACROSS THE WORLD
A HIGH STANDARD OF CHRISTIAN CHARACTER
AS JESUS AND HIS APOSTLES DID...
IT WOULD BE SOMETHING MORE THAT JUST A SPONSOR OF THE ANTICHRIST..
THAT IS NOW TEACHING
"ALL RELIGIONS ARE JUST DIFFERENT SHIPS HEADING FOR THE SAME ISLAND."
(That is with the exception of protestants...which they attack with gusto..)..
TRUTH OF GOD'S WORD (THE BIBLE ) IS REPULSIVE TO THE ROMAN CATHOLIC....
AS A CROSS IS TO THE ISLAMIC.
AS FOR JESUS ..
THEY ONLY DISPLAY HIM IN OPEN SHAME..ON A CROSS...
.NEVER ..
AS THE RISEN SAVIOR.
VICTORIOUS!
OVER
DEATH ...
HELL... AND
THE GRAVE....
"THEY ONLY DISPLAY HIM IN OPEN SHAME..ON A CROSS..."

St. Paul says you're wrong.

Are free of sin? What is your authority? Reading the bible?

Time for you to man up and demonstrate your credentials for claiming to speak for God.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#534821 May 5, 2014
LTM wrote:
"Why did God allow the Holocaust?"
Answer: In dealing with the problem of evil in the world, we run into many problems like this one. Could God have prevented the Holocaust? Yes, He could have. He could also have prevented Stalin’s massacres in the U.S.S.R., the Spanish Inquisition’s torture of dissidents, and Nero’s reign of terror. In each case, God allowed evil men to exercise a certain amount of power for a short period of time.
Ultimately, we do not know the reasons for what God allows. His ways and thoughts are infinitely higher than ours (Isaiah 55:8-9). His sovereign plan takes in the whole scope of history, past, present, and future, encompassing every possible course of action, every cause and effect, every potentiality, and every contingency. There is no way we could possibly fathom the intricacies of His design. By faith, we trust that His plan is the best plan possible for restoring fallen humanity and a cursed world to righteousness and blessing.
But we can understand this: God’s permission is not the same as His approval. God permitted Adam to eat of the forbidden tree, but He did not approve of the action. In the same way, God’s allowing the Holocaust in no way suggests His approval of it. God is grieved by the sinfulness of man and the hardness of his heart (Genesis 6:6; Mark 3:5).
We also know that God has done everything possible to redeem us from the sin which would destroy us. He gave His only Son, who sacrificed His life for our sin and took our penalty. All who turn to Jesus Christ in faith are saved. The sin in this world, and horrors such as the Holocaust, are a direct result of mankind’s continued rebellion against God.
cont
...What all loving God would hurt or allow innocent people to suffer for no apparent reason? You don't have an answer.

Bologna! Things happen because they do.

....being at the right place or wrong place at the right/wrong time is the logical answer.
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#534822 May 5, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
No I don't know why, I'm sure you'll clue me in.
"most Catholics", yes, the non-practicing kind Mikey is so proud of.
Please explain me what the ramen noodle considers a "true" Catholic. Thanks.
Why? Because the Catholics were a minority and they were being attacked during prayers.

I made mention of "true Catholic" because you have replied to Mike about ones who are "not true."

My comments were meant to suggest that since a majority of Catholics weren't "true" by your often-stated standards, perhaps you should ask yourself if you aren't the "true" one today?

Perhaps Pastafarianism is too great a leap.

Have you considered the Orthodox Catholic Church?

Ramen

Prince George, Canada

#534823 May 5, 2014
I wonder if a certain group of Hindus were also persecuted for supposedly crucifying Crishna on the cross???

Imagine framing a group of people to be tortured and murdered for supposedly killing a savior that never even existed in the first place.

They USED religion for their own dastardly male-volent deeds.

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#534824 May 5, 2014
Sherlayne wrote:
<quoted text>
Luther was anti-semetic?? How did he expect people to produce offspring? And why would anyone be against semen?
Yes. Luther was a very large anti-Semite. Hitler used Luther's quotes in his campaign to eliminate the Jews. The populace bought into those sentiments against the Jews because Martin Luther said it, so it must be true. Research Martin Luther's 'dirty little book' titled "On The Jews and Their Lies" by Martin Luther.
As June said, Luther thought he could get the Jews to "see the light" his way. Luther was wrong. The Jews rejected Luther's new church, so he got real mad at them and wrote that tirade against the Jews.

Prince George, Canada

#534825 May 5, 2014
Those in religion never seem to bother to ask, why there was never a female savior in the dogmas in any of those male-oriented religions?

Preachers are too busy preaching nonsense to take their selves out of their own delusions.
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#534826 May 5, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
Hitler even stooped so low as to give credit to his otherwise enemy, the Protestant Martin Luther for HIS hatred of the Jews.
It is no secret "why" the Jews were persecuted.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >
World History Timelines
Din Timelines
may 00 - Before embarking on the First Crusade Count Emich von Leiningen and his army swept through their own German homeland, murdering thousands of Jews, whom they had declared "murderers of Christ."
Why would Mary and Joseph, totally devout Jews, have done this KNOWINGLY to their own people?

Theological question?

Did mary and Joseph know the long-term consequences of their actions on the people they were raised to love and admire?

A tough one, but when it comes to god, no question should be taboo.

Ramen
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#534827 May 5, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
......You know that underground gay catholic clergy belonged to a group called lavender mafia or gay lobby as they are referred........and there are lots!

...Ask your parish priest he might be a member.......but you know he wouldn't admit it........and that would still be OK with you.

....Google......catholic lavender mafia.

....You have enough crap in your own backyard , quit throwing crap at others.

Unbelievable!

Prince George, Canada

#534828 May 5, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
...What all loving God would hurt or allow innocent people to suffer for no apparent reason? You don't have an answer.
Bologna! Things happen because they do.
....being at the right place or wrong place at the right/wrong time is the logical answer.
And you notice that that they ALWAYS want to believe that "GOD" is on their side.

That's a BAD OMEN!

tongue in cheek
hojo

Chanhassen, MN

#534829 May 5, 2014
<quoted text>
TRUTH OF GOD'S WORD (THE BIBLE ) IS REPULSIVE TO THE ROMAN CATHOLIC.....
With an absurd statement like this -------Confrintingism has now become the newest contradicting denomination of the over 42,000+ bible only "opinionated slurs, distortions and perverted insults" that have corrupted your bible only anti-catholic ministry.........You must " lay awake at night, planning, conniving, plotting and vindictively thinking up" new ways that you can use to "bash, attack, condemn and rip the TRUE faith of Catholics, Jesus Christ and HIS One TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church.....It is "no wonder" that God (did not appoint you or ordain you) as a True disciple or a TRUE minister to preach the Good News of Salvation with ridiculous comments such as this.......You do not speak for a God and NEVER will!----AND until you eventually come to the TRUTH of HIS TRUE Salvation in His Son Jesus Christ your ministry will "continue" to remain on the (outside of the TRUTH) forever looking in ---attacking, judging, condemning and verbally assaulting the faith of other Christians!!

Prince George, Canada

#534830 May 5, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Example ... tiny babies starving to death every day by the thousands.

I suggest that is how the doctrine of reincarnation took hold over mentalities. People couldn't make sense out of the nonsense, so they started a system of belief that stated that the "soul" comes into human bodies many times before it graduates to a higher spiritual level.

If a creator supports that idiocy as being based on truth, it needs to be euthanized. In fact for allowing suffering, the supposed creator "deserves" to be euthanized.

Bunkology

Prince George, Canada

#534831 May 5, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. Luther was a very large anti-Semite. Hitler used Luther's quotes in his campaign to eliminate the Jews. The populace bought into those sentiments against the Jews because Martin Luther said it, so it must be true. Research Martin Luther's 'dirty little book' titled "On The Jews and Their Lies" by Martin Luther.
As June said, Luther thought he could get the Jews to "see the light" his way. Luther was wrong. The Jews rejected Luther's new church, so he got real mad at them and wrote that tirade against the Jews.
Martin Luther was willing to love the Jews "only" if they would love his new Protestant religion and believe that they should worship Jesus as being their Christianized savior.

We don't see Jews posting on this forum, but I hope that some are at least reading to know that I believe I understand their fear of another holocaust occurring if they dare to speak their beliefs.
Regina

Toms River, NJ

#534832 May 5, 2014
<quoted text>
~~~
IF THE ROMAN CATHOLIC RELIGIOUS SYSTEM HAD
CREATED
MAINTAINED AND
EXTENDED
ACROSS THE WORLD
A HIGH STANDARD OF CHRISTIAN CHARACTER
AS JESUS AND HIS APOSTLES DID...
IT WOULD BE SOMETHING MORE THAT JUST A SPONSOR OF THE ANTICHRIST..
THAT IS NOW TEACHING
"ALL RELIGIONS ARE JUST DIFFERENT SHIPS HEADING FOR THE SAME ISLAND."
(That is with the exception of protestants...which they attack with gusto..)..
TRUTH OF GOD'S WORD (THE BIBLE ) IS REPULSIVE TO THE ROMAN CATHOLIC....
AS A CROSS IS TO THE ISLAMIC.
AS FOR JESUS ..
THEY ONLY DISPLAY HIM IN OPEN SHAME..ON A CROSS...
.NEVER ..
AS THE RISEN SAVIOR.
VICTORIOUS!
OVER
DEATH ...
HELL... AND
THE GRAVE....
1 Corinthians 1:23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews indeed a stumblingblock, and unto the Gentiles foolishness

(The "shame" is on you.)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope Francis Affirms Evolution and Big Bang Theory 3 hr Chimney1 304
News Drudge Report asks: Is Pope Francis the Antichr... 11 hr Edithbunker 1
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 11 hr Mr Sir 9,602
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 22 hr Catholic24 84,332
News Hispanics energized by Argentinian pope's first... Jul 27 tomin cali 1
News Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... (Mar '14) Jul 26 pazuzu 91
News Pope previews long-awaited climate letter Jul 25 pazuzu 14
More from around the web