Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 683856 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

United States

#535134 May 6, 2014
correction of typo:
ALL because the Catholic church TORTURED AND MURDERED anyone who *tried.
hojo

Waconia, MN

#535135 May 6, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what the Mormons and JW's say too. And like you they claim to be the Christians described in scripture. The problem for all of you protestants is that there's no proof of your existence outside of scripture until 1500 years later.
On the other hand, 2000 years of evidence shows Catholicism was there from the beginning. How is that possible?
Just wondering, "which translation of the bible" that bible only fundamentalists were using in 120 AD.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#535136 May 6, 2014
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
<quoted text>
-
-
And the proof of Catholic existence - since its inception - has been evil all through its history..
Proof positive that Catholicism is NOT True Christianity - but rather a political institution.
-
Evil flourishes when good people do nothing, and evil has had a field day in the Catholic Church.
-
So, Anthony, tell us. Where have all the *good people* of the Catholic Church been hiding all these centuries?
-
Was Constantine a *good* man who told his followers: In This Sign Conquer? as he spread war and bloodshed in the Middle East? Constantine's terrorism brought the world terrorism from that region by influencing the local tribesmen to band together in Islam?
-
Was pope Innocent IV, who authorized the use of torture of heretics a *good* man?
-
Is pope Benedict XVI, who covered up the pedophilia 'scandal' a *good* man?
-
Yes. Catholicism was there from the beginning - and just like Judas, they weren't True Christians then - and they are not True Christians today.
-
Antichrists were there IN THEIR DAY, Anthony. Of course they were.
-
HERE is how it is *possible* to show that Catholicism is NOT the true church (just read the bible rather than what the popes tell you to read):
-
http://biblehub.com/niv/1_john/2.htm
3 We know that we have come to know him if we keep his commands. 4 Whoever says,“I know him,” but does not do what he commands is a liar, and the truth is not in that person.
-
6 WHOEVER CLAIMS TO LIVE IN HIM MUST LIVE AS JESUS DID.
-
7 Dear friends, I am not writing you a new command but an old one, which you have had since the beginning. THIS OLD COMMAND IS THE MESSAGE YOU HAVE HEARD.(***NOT some NEW message called a *Papal Bull.)
18 Dear children, this is the last hour; and as you have heard that the ANTICHRIST IS COMING, EVEN NOW MANY ANTICHRISTS HAVE COME. This is how we know it is the last hour. 19 THEY WENT OUT FROM US, BUT THEY DID NOT REALLY BELONG TO US. For if they HAD BELONGED TO US, they WOULD HAVE REMAINED WITH US; but THEIR GOING SHOWED THAT NONE OF THEM BELONGED TO US.
Ever heard of the Saints?

Where can I find the JW's list of saints? How many JW's are sinless? Where can I find the writings of the JW's in AD 100, 150, 200?
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#535137 May 6, 2014
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
<quoted text>
-
-
How can YOU say this, hojo? "but not to the extent of splitting, dividing and starting a new denomination !!"
when it was the Catholic church EVERYONE split off from?
-
Luther didn't get it right ... so someone else tried... then when the next guy didn't get it right ... someone else tried ... and so on, and so on ...
-
ALL because the Catholic church kept the common people from reading The Bible.
ALL because the Catholic church TORTURED AND MURDERED anyone who tired.
-
All because of *disagreements* with the Catholic church.
-
And DISAGREEMENTS with the Catholic church got many people killed as heretics.
Which protestant group has it right? Why are there dozens of competing protestant groups in my city?

United States

#535138 May 6, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
My Church has a large population of immigrants from Nigeria and Vietnam. Some of the most gentle and caring Christians I've ever encountered. Does this make my Church less of a Church because it's not exclusively white Anglo Saxon? What would John Hagee say? Lol.
-
-
John Hagee always says, "I you are not tithing, you are stealing from GOD."
-
To which I always say: "Then give me God's bank account number so I can deposit direct."
Anthony MN

United States

#535139 May 6, 2014
guest wrote:
correction of typo:
ALL because the Catholic church TORTURED AND MURDERED anyone who *tried.
Is the Watchtower magazine divinely inspired?

What about this?
http://m.sunderlandecho.com/news/crime/jehova...

United States

#535140 May 6, 2014
guest wrote:
-
-
And the proof of Catholic existence - since its inception - has been evil all through its history..
Proof positive that Catholicism is NOT True Christianity - but rather a political institution.
-
Evil flourishes when good people do nothing, and evil has had a field day in the Catholic Church.
-
So, Anthony, tell us. Where have all the *good people* of the Catholic Church been hiding all these centuries?
-
Was Constantine a *good* man who told his followers: In This Sign Conquer? as he spread war and bloodshed in the Middle East? Constantine's terrorism brought the world terrorism from that region by influencing the local tribesmen to band together in Islam?
-
Was pope Innocent IV, who authorized the use of torture of heretics a *good* man?
-
-
Yes. Catholicism was there from the beginning - and just like Judas, they weren't True Christians then - and they are not True Christians today.
-
-
HERE is how it is *possible* to show that Catholicism is NOT the true church (just read the bible rather than what the popes tell you to read):
-
3 We know that we have come to know him if we keep his commands. 4 Whoever says,“I know him,” but does not do what he commands is a liar, and the truth is not in that person.
-
-
7 Dear friends, I am not writing you a new command but an old one, which you have had since the beginning. THIS OLD COMMAND IS THE MESSAGE YOU HAVE HEARD.(***NOT some NEW message called a *Papal Bull.)
18 Dear children, this is the last hour; and as you have heard that the ANTICHRIST IS COMING, EVEN NOW MANY ANTICHRISTS HAVE COME. This is how we know it is the last hour. 19 THEY WENT OUT FROM US, BUT THEY DID NOT REALLY BELONG TO US. For if they HAD BELONGED TO US, they WOULD HAVE REMAINED WITH US; but THEIR GOING SHOWED THAT NONE OF THEM BELONGED TO US.
-
-
Anthony MN wrote:
Ever heard of the Saints?
Where can I find the JW's list of saints? How many JW's are sinless? Where can I find the writings of the JW's in AD 100, 150, 200?
-
-
The SAINTS?
really?
Who raised the "saints" to their relative position?
The pope .... who was NOT doing what Jesus instructed, from the very start.
-
You just might have to ask a JW for their list of saints... if you want the answer to that question...
Anthony MN

United States

#535141 May 6, 2014
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
<quoted text>
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Are these stories about "good" men?

http://ex-jw.com/category/watchtower-scandals
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#535142 May 6, 2014
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
Naw. Not really.
Is that regiment on the way yet?
If rumor has it right, it will take far more than a regiment of soldiers to save you from angry ex-wives.

:)
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#535143 May 6, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Your stance has more to do with you 'needing' to disagree with the Catholic and Orthodox faiths then honest disagreements. Clearly the first Christians prayed to the Martyrs for intercession. Clearly the Bible is full of examples of Christians "mediating" for each other. This mediating doesn't bypass Jesus Christ because we're asking them to pray for us to Him.
Again, I think fundamentals are so hell bent on separating themselves from their perceived anti -christ whore of babylon, that they often take an irrational, ignorant approach. Then they point to verses like 1tim 2:5 as if that washes their hands. Or John 6:63 is a good example. You've undid the hundreds of Scripture verses that support the Eucharist, because you think John 6:63 says the "flesh" profits nothing - as if Christ Jesus was canceling out His very specific words on the Eucharist.
If you're going to base all Christian theology on the 66 Books of your KJV, then you need to provide a verse where Christ or His apostles give us a list of those 66 Books. What? no list? How are you going with Sola Scripture when you ain't got a list of Scripture?
I guess I'll just post again.
1 Timothy 2:5 For there is one God, and there is one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus,
**What is a mediator you ask - one who intercedes. So ..."the intercession of the Virgin Mary, His Mother, we may obtain the joys of everlasting life"...is a lie from the pit of Hell..sorry
Anthony MN

United States

#535144 May 6, 2014
More evidence of the "saintly" JW's....

http://www.ctlibrary.com/ct/2001/march5/11.23...
Chuck

Dublin, OH

#535145 May 6, 2014
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you better stop asking your fellow
Christian to pray for you. Asking is from the pits of he!!.
I don't have to go through my fellow Christian for intercession to obtain the joys of everlasting life. I go through Jesus Christ.

Intercession from the virgin Mary to obtain the joys of everlasting life is still a lie from the pit of Hell....sorry.

United States

#535146 May 6, 2014
guest wrote:
-
How can YOU say this, hojo? "but not to the extent of splitting, dividing and starting a new denomination !!"
when it was the Catholic church EVERYONE split off from?
-
Luther didn't get it right ... so someone else tried... then when the next guy didn't get it right ... someone else tried ... and so on, and so on ...
-
ALL because the Catholic church kept the common people from reading The Bible.
ALL because the Catholic church TORTURED AND MURDERED anyone who tired.
-
All because of *disagreements* with the Catholic church.
-
And DISAGREEMENTS with the Catholic church got many people killed as heretics.
-
-
Anthony MN wrote:
Which protestant group has it right? Why are there dozens of competing protestant groups in my city?
-
-
I guess you have to read the Bible to find that out. Pay close attention to what Jesus has said. Matthew 23:9 is a good place to start. "Call no man Father".
-
WHY are there dozens of competing protestant groups?
SIMPLE: They FIRST were in opposition to the Roman Catholic Church ... and the confusion went on from there.
-
When Martin Luther split from the church people had been deprived of the simple TRUTH from the Bible for so long that they had a difficult time figuring things out.
-
We are STILL having a difficult time figuring things out.
-
-
http://biblehub.com/niv/galatians/1.htm
No Other Gospel

6 I am astonished that you ARE SO QUICKLY quickly deserting the one who called you to live in the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel— 7 WHICH IS REALLY NO GOSPEL AT ALL. EVIDENTLY SOME PEOPLE ARE THROWING YOU INTO CONFUSION AND ARE TRYING TO PERVERT THE GOSPEL OF CHRIST. 8 But even if WE or an ANGEL FROM HEAVEN SHOULD PREACH A GOSPEL OTHER THAN THE ONE WE PREACHED TO YOU, let them be under God’s curse!
Anthony MN

United States

#535147 May 6, 2014
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
<quoted text>
-
-
The SAINTS?
really?
Who raised the "saints" to their relative position?
The pope .... who was NOT doing what Jesus instructed, from the very start.
-
You just might have to ask a JW for their list of saints... if you want the answer to that question...
More "saintly" behavior from the JW's?
http://beforeitsnews.com/scandals/2014/03/jeh...
Yes, I'd like to know who the JW's consider "saints".
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#535148 May 6, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
That' is exactly what I said!........You don't know what you are talking about by " making things up" with false and distorted claims that I left the Protestant religion for heavenly reasons!.... You sure are in a desperation mode June.!!!! You will say ANYTHING in order to keep your atheistic hostility (hot on the back burner) in order to get your lies across!!!
God ... "I already know what you are thinking hojo, but I want to watch you squirm when you try to lie to me, as you were in the habit of lying to other humans when you were on earth. So I will ask you two 'simple' questions. Number one, why did you leave the Protestant religion for the Catholic religion?"

hojo ...(quivering in his nakedness) "Well God, I was told that the Catholic religion had the fullness of faith."

God ... "And here comes number two question. Who told you that hojo?"

Hojo ... "The Catholics."

God ... "HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. "
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#535150 May 6, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!!!
Glad you enjoyed it. That's one of my favorite "laugh-gags" stunts.

United States

#535151 May 6, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Is the Watchtower magazine divinely inspired?
What about this?
http://m.sunderlandecho.com/news/crime/jehova...
-
why don't a JW?
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#535152 May 6, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> I am talking about the Jews turning their back on the Savior. I know you saw where I said that at also. you're not even good at deflecting, it really shows your Ignorance. you got a hard on for them catholics and protestants. I know you couldn't answer them question, because it is truth. all you talk about is hate like you know an inside secret that no one else does. I suggest you double up on them Enemas, as you are really full of shyt.
And I am posting that there was no savior on which to turn any backs.

The word Jesus was a word made up by the Catholics out of the Greek word Ihcuc.

Would you put YOUR faith in Ihcuc???

The Jews were slaughtered for centuries because of a Catholic LIE that was invented by ex-Jew Catholic church fathers lusting to start a new religion totally foreign to Judaism.

“BACK IN TIME”

Since: Dec 13

Under a Bridge, USA

#535154 May 6, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If rumor has it right, it will take far more than a regiment of soldiers to save you from angry ex-wives.
:)
Good morning June.

I hope you have a wonderful day.
Liam

Houston, TX

#535155 May 6, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
My Church has a large population of immigrants from Nigeria and Vietnam. Some of the most gentle and caring Christians I've ever encountered. Does this make my Church less of a Church because it's not exclusively white Anglo Saxon? What would John Hagee say? Lol.
Former Atheist turned Catholic, Jennifer Fulwiler, author of the new book "Something other than God", recounts when the seed was first planted: She was watching the funeral of John Paul II with her atheist husband,(because it was on every single channel) and she noticed the audience of 4 million- from Africa, Asia, Europe, Latin America. Blacks, whites, young old. Priests, Nuns, laity, and a representative of every government on earth; Kings, Queens, Muslims and Jewish leaders in Rome, Presidents and dignitaries..... paying homage to the Bishop of Rome. To her, if Jesus was real, and he said "go and make disciples of all nations, Baptizing them in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit......" There was only one Christian group on the planet that qualified. The Catholic Church. There is only one that is known and has been known in every decade since Christ. To her, if God was real and salvation for us is so important to Him, there had to be a visible, clear body; with clear infallible teachings on truth. Simply pointing to the Bible- as often Evangelicals do - wasn't sufficient. A person like Jennifer has to know why. The Bible says Jesus gave Peter the keys. That's a transfer of power as it was in the Davidic Kingdom. Jews would agree. If Jesus was the Messiah, then Mathew 16:18 to them means Jesus installed a prime minister, just like David did in Isaiah.(Isaiah 22:22) "I will give you the keys to the house of David). No Jew like Jesus, would have quoted Isaiah if he wasn't establishing a hierarchy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'That's all he wanted': Spicer, a devout Cathol... Sat seemoregood 1
News The pope praised him for providing for his pare... Jul 19 Laredo 3
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Jul 19 Dhimmi Democrat 33
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jul 18 Married in 10,571
News Paul Is No Inventor of Christianity, Says Pope (Sep '08) Jul 16 True Christian wi... 77
News Editorial: The Vatican's Failure in the Abuse S... Jul 13 seemoregood 1
News In Defense of Free Speech in the United States (May '15) Jul 11 Muslim lives don_... 6
More from around the web