Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 646605 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Regina

Toms River, NJ

#535062 May 5, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
.....ReginaM.......why don't you stop clucking. and write to the UN expressing your concerns? Telling us does nothing.
Awww, what's the matter Agenda Boy, did Anthony hurt your ittle-wittle feelings?

Grow up.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#535063 May 5, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you suggest I not consider converting to Catholicism?
Be my thought! LOL!
Chess

Columbus, OH

#535064 May 5, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Slither back under your favorite rock...lying snake..
Don't blame me for you being dishonest.'tard.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#535065 May 5, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
The "lie" as you call it is also from the Eastern Orthodox, the Oriental Orthodox and all of the ancient Churches. Just remember when you call the "RCC" a liar for our doctrines you're calling them liars too.
Where was your fundie church in AD 120?
We were there before 120 AD. The Christian church predates the Roman church. Thank you for asking.

By the way, where does the Bible tell us about the "communion of saints"?
Chess

Columbus, OH

#535066 May 5, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
Why do people leave the Catholic church to become Protestant? Liberal Catholics will tell you that Catholics are leaving because they disagree with the church’s teaching on birth control, women priests, divorce, the bishops’ interference in American politics, etc. Conservatives blame Vatican II, liberal priests and nuns, a permissive culture and the church’s social justice agenda.
One of the reasons there is such disagreement is that we tend to think that everyone leaves for the same reason our friends, relatives and acquaintances have left. We fail to recognize that different people leave for different reasons. People who leave to join Protestant churches do so for different reasons than those who become unaffiliated. People who become evangelicals are different from Catholics who become members of mainline churches.
Cite your sources,'tard.
Sherlayne

Blairstown, NJ

#535067 May 5, 2014
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
We were there before 120 AD. The Christian church predates the Roman church. Thank you for asking.
Good question!

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#535068 May 5, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Well that's really nice of you black dude 42!
I'm not try'n ta be nice.....I'm try'n ta show ya how ridiculous you are and your silly childish beliefs, bordering on insanity.
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#535069 May 5, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
...My day was full and fruitful as usual. Yours was frustrating, angry and defensive...as usual.
Oh? The Catholic majority of the supreme court ruled that public prayer, to God, before government meetings is ok. This is a remarkable shift in a 20 yr trend of anti religious rulings.

Another reason to smile:

The late night talk show circuit is ruled by Catholics now. lol

Steven Colbert - not shy about his devotion to the Catholic faith; once recited the Nicene Creed during a show; has taught religious education classes at his parish.

Jimmy Fallon - has made it known during interviews that his Catholic faith was a huge part of his upbringing. During an interview with NPR, Fallon shared fond memories of attending daily Mass as a child and being an altar server. Fallon even revealed he discerned a possible vocation to the Priesthood.

Jimmy Kimmel- has discussed his Catholic faith off camera, and is credited with bringing a tradition of his New York Italian-Catholic heritage - the annual celebration of the feast of St. Gennaro, complete with Mass and procession thru the streets - to his current home of Los Angeles.

Conan O'Brien (TBS)- was raised in a devout Irish-Catholic family. Hasn't demonstrated the same devotion the last few yrs....but still says "I DO believe, and this might be my Catholic upbringing, I think things do happen for a reason - I really do".

OSV news weekly April 30th, 2014
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#535070 May 5, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> I'm not try'n ta be nice.....I'm try'n ta show ya how ridiculous you are and your silly childish beliefs, bordering on insanity.
Sweet dude! You're awesome *extends thumb and pinky*.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#535071 May 5, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
The "lie" as you call it is also from the Eastern Orthodox, the Oriental Orthodox and all of the ancient Churches. Just remember when you call the "RCC" a liar for our doctrines you're calling them liars too.
Reading and copying the Word of God all while sharing the Gospel. We believe it is really the Word of God. Jesus spoke in parables, do you know those parables and truly understand them Anthony?

We need no man to teach us his understanding of the Word as HE speaks plainly to us.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#535072 May 5, 2014
<quoted text>
The Catholic media persecutes my faith.
So does the Protestant media.
Ramen
Well there's a lot of that type of persecution going around. It's an insidious blight that seems to be HIGHLY contagious.

:)

Prince George, Canada

#535073 May 5, 2014
<quoted text>
That's been changed. As you showed us (ramen), it's now salvation in the Fullest.
She gets a private upper floor suite. No Protestants on the upper floors.
Ramen
That fullness of faith story was real "catchy."

Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#535074 May 5, 2014
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
What about the Church in Antioch and Greece? Did you "predate'" them too?

I'm curious about any writings you have that are outside of Scripture that speaks of a "church" like yours...or did the Roman Roman Roman Church steal all your documents? There has gotta be something out there. Didn't any of you guys write? Clement and Ignatius wrote. They were friends of Paul, Peter and John. Was there "another" click that hung around Paul, Peter and John that we don't know about?

Israel may give the Vatican control of the tomb of David - site of the last supper, when Christ instituted the Eucharist. This was made a Church not long after the Resurrection.

I wonder what Israel would say to an elder of the SBC or Pentecostal United Evangelical Bible free Church, who asked for control of the site. "the what the what, who huh, Bible Pentecost...who? "

Prince George, Canada

#535075 May 5, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
"High court ruling favors prayer at council meeting"
"Kennedy and his four colleagues in the majority all are Catholic. They are: Chief Justice John Roberts and Justices Samuel Alito, Antonin Scalia and Clarence Thomas."
http://www.wtop.com/319/3616345/High-court-ru...
If they were Muslims, only Islamic prayers would be allowed at the council meeting.

Something to look forward to down the road.

Sarcasm intended.

Prince George, Canada

#535076 May 5, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
It was yet to come.

Given time there will probably be many more religions that claim to own the one and only universal truth.

It's a very bad religious HABIT.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#535077 May 5, 2014
Regina wrote:
The U.N. said it's psychological torture to deny a woman an abortion!
No wonder they're after the Church!!
If you were in the True Church you wouldn't worry about such a thing. Evil will even intensify the closer we get to the end.

I want you to have that peace Regina that passes all understanding. Truly believe God loves you so and believe in Jesus.

Prince George, Canada

#535078 May 5, 2014
<quoted text>
Haha, you can't trick me. The Pope doesn't wear a belt.
Ramen :o)
How do you know what the pope has on under his dress? He must have something to hold up his bloomers.

I suggest you stop pretending you know truth, as it's very annoying.

Prince George, Canada

#535079 May 5, 2014
<quoted text>
In 120, the Catholics were the fundies stealing the Jew's holy book.
I suggest no greater truth was ever spoken.

Prince George, Canada

#535080 May 5, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
...As you know as a Canadian we have a Muslim mayor I believe in Alberta, and a couple Muslim members of parliament in the federal/provincial governments.
...we have many in our neiborhoods. Seem like good people. It doesn't matter what their religion, were all about human rights.
Do you honestly believe that if the Muslims had full power of government, they would behave different than the Christians in the aim to make all things align to their religious dogmas???

Christians don't want Islamic prayers in public schools, and Muslim would not want Christian prayers in public schools.

I don't want any prayers in public schools.

Prince George, Canada

#535081 May 5, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text>you were talking about the Jews being persecuted, when it was they, that turned their back.
The Jews had every right to turn their back on Catholicism. It was a blatant lie of mythology that a Jewish Rabbi joined up with the Catholics.

If you used your common sense, you would KNOW that without having to be told.

A Jewish Rabbi would no more join Catholicism, than a pope would join Protestantism.

You know it and I know it and we all know that is true.

So I suggest you stop hiding in the darkened shadows and come clear with your own conscience.

You don't even CARE that the Jews were slaughtered for centuries for something they didn't have any part in WHATSOEVER!!!

You should be ashamed of covering up such a lie.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 1 hr Im Free 10,164
News Pope says Church should ask forgiveness from ga... 11 hr South Knox Hombre 2
News Nation-Now 57 mins ago 10:35 a.m.Pope Francis s... 12 hr Rev Cash Dollar 1
News John Paul II College of Davao (Dec '07) Jun 20 tine 673
News Milwaukee Rising: Looking for the city's most u... Jun 20 Tom 2
News Pope names new papal nuncio to the United States Jun 1 Michael 7
News Pope's zero tolerance for pedophiles faces test... (Mar '15) May '16 Gods r Delusions ... 4
More from around the web