Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 654234 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

hojo

Waconia, MN

#534676 May 4, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You are such a hypocrite hojo.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>
From the book “Morgentaler … The doctor who couldn’t turn away … by Eleanor Wright Pelrine, Published 1975 … comes the following ………
The majority of Henry Morgentaler’s patients (over 80 per cent) identify themselves as Roman Catholic, weighing the burden of unplanned, unwanted pregnancy against the dictates of celibate churchmen, and coming to terms with their own consciences.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>
From the book “Moments on Maple Avenue … The reality of Abortion, by Louise Kapp
Howe, published in 1984 … comes the following …………….
You know, it’s interesting who protests and who doesn’t. Over 90 percent of the women coming to one of our clinics for abortions are Catholic. They don’t necessarily have more of a problem about what they are doing than others. It seems to be more of a matter of individuals, doesn’t it?”
Your response reminded me of an Oxbows comment June!....Guess it doesn't really matter because you both have the same anti-catholic agenda.!!!!!!!
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#534677 May 4, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Quotes from bible only Protestants who left their Churches to become Catholics:
" I didn't agree with my Protestant Pastor when he said that there was nothing wrong with abortion and gay marriage"
" The bible only Church that I belonged to built a new Church and took down the cross and put up a banner instead which said (a God loves you)". Something was definitely missing!
" My family began to diligently study the bible on our own and began to wonder why the bread and the wine written about in the Gospels were nothing but a meaningless cracker and grape juice in our Protestant a Church"
"For many years as a baptist I was told that our religious beliefs were the true bible Protestant denomination ---but then I began to wonder why and Started to study Church History prior to the reformation"
"My bible only Church seemed so irreverent compared to attending a Catholic Church with my girl friend ".. I kept going back and found that Catholic priests actually preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ at every Mass"
"
Well I am glad you didn't believe that Pastor, because he isn't speaking for God or all Christians HoJo.
Homosexuality is an abomination to God, and abortion is murder.
Your priest doesn't preach anything near the Gospel of Jesus Christ if he is preaching catholic doctrine.
Your wafer isn't far from a cracker HoJo, and your wine you don't even drink the priest does.
We have communion with bread an grape juice unfermented. and we drink it.
Too bad you didn't stick with the Bible only Church you might have learned what it really said.
Your church is a false church HoJo ,
Jesus does love you don't you believe that, and Jesus isn't on the cross any more.
It is a instrument of pain and suffering do you need an icon to remind you of that.
Liam

Aurora, CO

#534678 May 4, 2014
concerned in Brasil wrote:
For Liam as he keeps asking for what has been given,
sorry to the rest of the thread for the long posts.
This d o e s not answer the question. All your copying of justforcatholics D O E S not answer it.

Where does Jesus or His apostles say that everything about Mary will be in a few of their writings?

Man, you can dodge with the best of em. I swear you think you can avoid it all by posting long crap that's irrelevant to your dilemma....

Where does Jesus or His apostles give us a list of Sola Scripture ?

can you answer that are you going to throw in some more irrelevant rants, thinking people won't see your dancing.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#534679 May 4, 2014
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
Thieves' demands are meaningless, thief.
Slither back to your favorite rock...lying snake..

Location hidden

#534680 May 4, 2014
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
Thieves' demands are meaningless, thief.
Now please don't interrupt "The Streets of San Fransisco" again, hear?

Location hidden

#534681 May 4, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Quotes from bible only Protestants who left their Churches to become Catholics:
" I didn't agree with my Protestant Pastor when he said that there was nothing wrong with abortion and gay marriage"
" The bible only Church that I belonged to built a new Church and took down the cross and put up a banner instead which said (a God loves you)". Something was definitely missing!
" My family began to diligently study the bible on our own and began to wonder why the bread and the wine written about in the Gospels were nothing but a meaningless cracker and grape juice in our Protestant a Church"
"For many years as a baptist I was told that our religious beliefs were the true bible Protestant denomination ---but then I began to wonder why and Started to study Church History prior to the reformation"
"My bible only Church seemed so irreverent compared to attending a Catholic Church with my girl friend ".. I kept going back and found that Catholic priests actually preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ at every Mass"
"
Tojo wants us to believe that there is no dissension in his "cult"...

Catlics are like rats abandoning ship!!!!!

Perception that church hierarchy is too closely tied to conservative politics

Politics was a mixed bag, according to the survey.

Though some people wanted the church to become more conservative –“change the liberal-progressive political slant to a more conservative,” said one person – others responded differently.

“Eliminate the extreme conservative haranguing,” said one person. Another respondent said politics and the church shouldn’t mix:“I feel the church should stay out of politics; it should certainly not threaten politicians.”
concerned in Brasil

Europe

#534682 May 4, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
This d o e s not answer the question. All your copying of justforcatholics D O E S not answer it.
Where does Jesus or His apostles say that everything about Mary will be in a few of their writings?
Man, you can dodge with the best of em. I swear you think you can avoid it all by posting long crap that's irrelevant to your dilemma....
Where does Jesus or His apostles give us a list of Sola Scripture ?
can you answer that are you going to throw in some more irrelevant rants, thinking people won't see your dancing.
asked and answered Liam

Again I never said everything about Mary will be in the Scripture. Please stop lying.

The problem for you is that what the RCC claims is true contradicts what is in the Scriptures already and not only that Popes that Rome claims where RC call your modern dogma of the assumption that was made dogma in 1951 Heretical and all that teach it Heretics.

YOUR sect is a Historical contradiction.

And the only one shuck and diving is you as you clearly to refuse to deal with the following.

How about you answer my question that is now a week old to you, to show you are sincere and fair.

Why don't you tell this thread how the RCC is the one True Yadda Yadda when she via Papal bull decree by a so called Apostolic Apostle called a Pope who said this is God's will that there be Inquisition in which a new branch of PRIESTS no less was formed to carry out torture and summary executions of so called heretics and non-believers to bring about conversion affirmed by 41 popes there after for over 400+ years with the result of some 40+ million dead and many more tortured displaced and their homes and wealth confiscated to the fill Romes coffers.

Really where was this taught by the Apostles Early Church Fathers or anyone for that mater before the 14th century.

Really this is a tough one for you because this so called infallible decree by Papal Bull and 41 popes afterwards affirming it contradicts the Teachings of Jesus his Apostles and early church fathers at every point.
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#534683 May 4, 2014
<quoted text>
asked and answered Liam
Again I never said everything about Mary will be in the Scripture. Please stop lying.
The problem for you is that what the RCC claims is true contradicts what is in the Scriptures already and not only that Popes that Rome claims where RC call your modern dogma of the assumption that was made dogma in 1951 Heretical and all that teach it Heretics.
YOUR sect is a Historical contradiction.
And the only one shuck and diving is you as you clearly to refuse to deal with the following.
How about you answer my question that is now a week old to you, to show you are sincere and fair.
Why don't you tell this thread how the RCC is the one True Yadda Yadda when she via Papal bull decree by a so called Apostolic Apostle called a Pope who said this is God's will that there be Inquisition in which a new branch of PRIESTS no less was formed to carry out torture and summary executions of so called heretics and non-believers to bring about conversion affirmed by 41 popes there after for over 400+ years with the result of some 40+ million dead and many more tortured displaced and their homes and wealth confiscated to the fill Romes coffers.
Really where was this taught by the Apostles Early Church Fathers or anyone for that mater before the 14th century.
Really this is a tough one for you because this so called infallible decree by Papal Bull and 41 popes afterwards affirming it contradicts the Teachings of Jesus his Apostles and early church fathers at every point.
So you don't have a verse where Jesus or His apostles give us a list of sola Scripture? Ok thanks...
You quickly divert by going back to 40 million killed by popes blah blah.

You take the "fun" out of Fundie.

You bm
Chess

Columbus, OH

#534684 May 4, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
We've already been over this, thief.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#534685 May 4, 2014
Outside Rome, No church!
The Roman Catholic Church boldly proclaims, as she did during the Inquisition,“On the other hand, the ecclesial communities which have not preserved the valid Episcopate and the genuine and integral substance of the Eucharistic mystery, are not Churches in the proper sense.…” Indeed this is ominous; as the Nazis declared non-Aryans to be non-humans, so now Rome declares other churches “not Churches in the proper sense”. In the words of the Apostle Peter, indeed this sounds as the voice of “a roaring lion”. The statement is directed against all post-Reformation churches, including the Lutherans and Anglicans, so that in DI is boldly stated Rome’s hard-line position regarding those whom she designates as “separated brethren”.30 Had those being drawn into ecumenism and dialogue done any serious study of her major documents and history, they would have found that the RCC has had this iron-clad mindset all along. For her, the only true Church sits on the Seven Hills of Rome; the only successful dialogue is to come back into her arms. Thus Vatican Council II’s post conciliar Document No. 42 on ecumenism had already stated that “…dialogue is not an end in itself…it is not just an academic discussion.”31 Rather,“ecumenical dialogue...serves to transform modes of thought and behavior and the daily life of those [non-Catholic] communities. In this way, it aims at preparing the way for their unity of faith in the bosom of a Church one and visible.”32 Transform them it must, for there is no “equality” in the “doctrinal content” that other churches have brought to the table. The Papal Primacy in a forceful inquisitorial manner is saying the same thing: come back to “Holy Mother”, otherwise we will treat you as a non-church. Confident Ecumenizers need to rethink their position: Their base in groups defined by Rome as “Churches not in the proper sense” leaves them without power because they have compromised the Gospel and the authority of Scripture alone.
For the whole article go to
http://www.the-highway.com/Bennett_dominus.ht ...
Dominus Iesus: Rome Exalts Her Throne
A Kiss of Death for the Ecumenists
Richard M. Bennett
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
What are we supposed to label you? You say your Christian, but you dont teach the same Christianity as Jesus. You've completely hacked apart the Bible; eliminated the Eucharist; eliminated the Sacraments (which directly came from the Apostles.)... how are we to define people like you? You may as well be Mormon. You literally designed your own Christianity by using our Bible. That is no different than Muhammad or Joseph Smith. I can't believe you do not wonder why no one can verify your theology as being accepted by anyone in Christianity in the first century... Or second, third or fourth. Oh, ya you compensated that problem by forcing yourself to believe the Roman Roman Roman Roman Catholic Church took your Bibles and murdered 50 billion blah blah.
Those teachings of yours WILL stand before God one day. The souls you led away from the Eucharist by using those lies will be accounted for. You dont seem to fear God. Most fanatics don't. God knows whether or not you truly believe those 18th century propaganda literatures are true, or if you're just using them to wash your hands.
According to Rome everyone who does not follow the satanic theology taught by the Roman church is a liar. When in reality it is the pot calling the kettle black.

By the way, Rome does not decide who can and cannot be saved. This lie is used and designed to scare and entrap the ignorant. The private conduct of the Roman church is much different than what it presents on national TV. The national TV conduct gives the impression of a loving "church" when in fact it is an evil tool of the enemy. Roman theology is not from Jesus but is the enemy of the cross.

For the record, the Bible and only the Bible is the ultimate authority for Christians.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#534686 May 4, 2014
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
BEFORE YOU MAKE COMMENTS OF BOOKS YOU HAVE READ FROM OTHER PEOPLE
WHO MAKE COMMENTS ON THE BIBLE PLEASE READ THE BIBLE AND MAKE SURE IT IS THERE, BECAUSE YOU ARE MAKING A FOOL OUT OF YOUR SELF.
The bible can't verify that it is based on truth. Only the readers can choose to believe one way or the other.

I chose after intensive study of the bible to believe that the bible was not a book based on truth. And I stick to that choice today.

Prince George, Canada

#534687 May 4, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Your response reminded me of an Oxbows comment June!....Guess it doesn't really matter because you both have the same anti-catholic agenda.!!!!!!!
There's no need for you to imply that I am picking on Catholics with a personal vendetta hojo, as I spread my distaste of religion throughout ALL religions.
hojo

Waconia, MN

#534688 May 4, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
“Eliminate the extreme conservative haranguing,” said one person. Another respondent said politics and the church shouldn’t mix:“I feel the church should stay out of politics; it should certainly not threaten politicians.”
These quotes from a minority handful of liberal " so-called Catholics mean NOTHING! The fact is that ANY and ALL of these " emancipated liberatied progressives" can "go down the street" to the nearest Protestant Church campaign their liberal grievances (take a vote) split and start another bible only denomination to add to the already 42,000+ contradicting opinionated denominations.........NO ONE is forcing ANYONE to remain and be Catholic.....The Catholic Church is not a "take a vote" democracy..... It is a matter of obedience to the a Fullness of the TRUTH of the TRUE GOSPEL of Jesus Christ from over 2000 years and obedience to the Fullness of the Faith !!!.......The Catholic Church is the ONlLY Christian Church that continues to grow ---each and every year by over 1.5%,now to over 2.2 billion people world-wide........Therefore, take your grievances, complaints and arguments to the rest of your other 42,000 bible only splintered denominations and argue with them and vote, vote and vote some more to get opinions, opinions and more opinions and more and more divisions, divisions and more divisions !!!! It is ALL YOURS !!!!! You can have it !!!!!!

Prince George, Canada

#534689 May 4, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
These books are 30 and. 40 years old and have "absolutely NO RELEVANCE" "what-so-ever" as to what is ACTUALLY going on today in 2014 in Jesus Christs One (and only one) True Apostolic a Catholic Church!!!...Keep fishing OX as you "continue" to catch NOTHING -----which is no surprise to ANYONE on this forum who reads the "distorted and perverted sources" of anti-catholic nonsense that you "dig up"!!!
Back in the early days of Catholicism, the popes had no science to help them decide what the god ordained ... so they believed (in their wisdom) that the soul did not come into the body until they felt movement, which they referred to as "the quickening" (41/2 months into gestation.

So abortion was not consider as murder by the popes until after the quickening.

They never spoke of wrote by divine inspiration whatsoever.

The theologians simply gave off that AIR perpetually heated by arrogance and stupidity.
hojo

Waconia, MN

#534690 May 4, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
There's no need for you to imply that I am picking on Catholics with a personal vendetta hojo, as I spread my distaste of religion throughout ALL religions.
OK!......I'll accept that!.......

Prince George, Canada

#534691 May 4, 2014
Abortion … Augustine’s opinion.

5th TO 16th Century CE (Various beliefs on whether abortion is murder):

St. Augustine (354-430 CE) reversed centuries of Christian teaching in Western Europe, and returned the church to the Aristotelian Pagan concept of "delayed ensoulment." He wrote 7 that a human soul cannot live in an unformed body. So, an abortion is not murder because no soul is destroyed (or, more accurately, only a vegetable or animal soul is terminated). He wrote extensively on sexual matters, teaching that the original sin of Adam and Eve are passed to each successive generation through the pleasure generated during sexual intercourse. This passed into the church's canon law. Only abortion of a more fully developed "fetus animatus" (animated fetus) was punished as murder.

http://www.godrules.net/articles/abortion2.ht ...

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#534692 May 4, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
hahaha! June, you might be a hater but dang it, you're awesome..

Prince George, Canada

#534693 May 4, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
OK!......I'll accept that!.......
Thank you.

Location hidden

#534694 May 4, 2014
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
We've already been over this, thief.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#534695 May 4, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
..(lol)...what? God doesn't give you special powers to convert protestants? You fooled me!
Well he did.....but then the decent faction of civilization outlawed burn'n folks at the stake, hang'n folks, and other such atrocity. Nowadays we jist got them jesuit nazis jihadists ta deal with.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Sat Truthmakeyafreebaby 10,208
News Pope Francis wades into transgender debate, lam... Aug 24 South Knox Hombre 2
News Pope Francis' Remarks Disappoint Gay and Transg... Aug 4 Leon 2
News The Pope s War Aug 2 The Proclaimer 1
News Franklin Graham rebuts pope on Islam: - This is... Aug 1 Bob 1
News Pope Francis: 'Trump is not Christian' (Feb '16) Jul '16 make Donald Drump... 47
News Holding the left responsible (Sep '15) Jul '16 Crusader 4
More from around the web