Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 685873 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#533612 Apr 30, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
:)
I relate to the following expression.
"Be Nice to People on Your Way Up. You’ll Meet ‘Em On Your Way Down"
Jimmy Durante? Wilson Mizner? Walter Winchell?
Manfred von Richthofen
Dan

Omaha, NE

#533613 Apr 30, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
here dan, show this to that guy that you are in agreement with, both of you need to Learn some Bible.
http://www.christianmonthlystandard.com/index...
and here is the man that Prayed for Paul so he might receive his sight.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ananias_of_Damas... .
the high priest is in Jerusalem while the other is in Damascus.
early Christians knew the difference even if you catholics don't, and like Anthony, you will prolly continue this disagreement even when the Bible proves you wrong
Well, here's the deal on the guy who agrees with me-they guy who's article I cited.

"J. Rodman Williams, Ph.D., is professor emeritus of theology at Regent University Divinity School in Virginia Beach, Virginia. An author of several books, Williams has served as a pastor, and a college and seminary professor."

So, you can take your broken link to Christan Monthly Standard and the operating one to Wikipedia, and I'll take the Rev. Dr. J, Rodman Williams (theology professor, author, pastor) for the win here.

Looks like Williams "learned some Bible", doesn't it? "Prolly" forgot more than you ever knew about it.

"Prolly", that is.

Can I get an "Amen"?

"

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#533614 Apr 30, 2014
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, that's not what the Protestant dude said in the magazine article I cited. "Ministry Today" is the online journal, so they guy's likely a minister.
Protestants trust Protestant ministers, don't they? I mean, I provided it as an objective source and you're still bucking me.
I trust the Truth, the most that could be said about the Ananias that was in Damascus is that he might have been a Prophet, while the other was in Jerusalem. TWO DIFFERENT PEOPLE AND WE CAN INCLUDE ANOTHER ANANIAS WHO WAS MARRIED AND STRUCK DOWN BY THE HOLY GHOST.

you are trying to hide your stupidity by blaming someone else.

and yeah, I always buck a lie and hank tried to tell you that you are wrong but like catholics you prefer a lie over the TRUTH
Dan

Omaha, NE

#533615 Apr 30, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>the person that agreed with you and thinks that your post is brilliant is as dumb as you are. you are deceitful
Heres the dude who agreed with me-I cited his article.

"J. Rodman Williams, Ph.D., is professor emeritus of theology at Regent University Divinity School in Virginia Beach, Virginia. An author of several books, Williams has served as a pastor, and a college and seminary professor."

So, whaddya got, cowboy?

I have "scoreboard".
concerned in Brasil

Europe

#533616 Apr 30, 2014
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
That was the longest sentence ever.
Can you distill it into something cogent?
I didn't understand you.
That is because you are not here to debate in fairness and honesty.

You are here to major on minors to lead the thread down rabbit holes one of those tactics is expecting those typing in a limited time window to give you the great american novel.

Again it does not go unnoticed you can't and don't give a reason for your faith in the RCC sect.

If you can't keep up and take the heat then best you get out of kitchen
Dan

Omaha, NE

#533617 Apr 30, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I trust the Truth, the most that could be said about the Ananias that was in Damascus is that he might have been a Prophet, while the other was in Jerusalem. TWO DIFFERENT PEOPLE AND WE CAN INCLUDE ANOTHER ANANIAS WHO WAS MARRIED AND STRUCK DOWN BY THE HOLY GHOST.
you are trying to hide your stupidity by blaming someone else.
and yeah, I always buck a lie and hank tried to tell you that you are wrong but like catholics you prefer a lie over the TRUTH
Here's the "TRUTH":

The guy who agrees with me is:

What are your credentials? As far as protestants go, this guy's pretty much got the whole kit and kaboodle.

Location hidden

#533618 Apr 30, 2014
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Heres the dude who agreed with me-I cited his article.
So, whaddya got, cowboy?
I have "scoreboard".
they are not the same persons, how many times do I have to show you that?what is the book that you took that lie out of?
Dan

Omaha, NE

#533619 Apr 30, 2014
concerned in Brasil wrote:
<quoted text>
That is because you are not here to debate in fairness and honesty.
You are here to major on minors to lead the thread down rabbit holes one of those tactics is expecting those typing in a limited time window to give you the great american novel.
Again it does not go unnoticed you can't and don't give a reason for your faith in the RCC sect.
If you can't keep up and take the heat then best you get out of kitchen
Who asked me a question about the Catholic faith?

Not you. You just make speeches. Long ones without punctuation, filled with errors of fact (see your Lord's supper post).

Stop crying about your limited time window and be concise. Formulate an idea, put it in a sentence and get it on the board.
Chess

Columbus, OH

#533620 Apr 30, 2014
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Okay lets try this again. Try Luke 4:9-11 as explained here.
http://www.theseason.org/luke/luke4.htm
Mark's author merely says Satan temped Jesus. Matthew's author provides a less full but reasonably accurate quote of the OT passage. Luke's author adds an even fuller quote, but a less accurate one.

It's not something I've ever paid attention to. But from my perspective, given Matthew's and Luke's dependence on Mark, the question becomes, is Luke's quote intentionally adding errant material or unintentionally so.

So I personally would look to Luke's author rather than Satan.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#533621 Apr 30, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>they are not the same persons, how many times do I have to show you that?what is the book that you took that lie out of?
Rev Dr. Williams thinks otherwise.

http://ministrytodaymag.com/index.php/feature...

Same source as before. Obviously you didn't read it or you wouldn't be asking for it again. Glad that didn't stop you from responding to it. Why waste time informing your posts, right?
hojo

Waconia, MN

#533622 Apr 30, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
It was your "personal" opinion that resulted in you choosing Catholicism over Protestantism,
And it was your personal opinion that resulted in you believing in so doing, you made a WISE choice.
And it is your personal opinion that you KNOW what Jesus said and did and will do in the future.
If you don't take responsibility for your own personal beliefs, no one can do it for you.
I prefer to look at "accepting the historical and biblical TRUTH's" of over 2000 years of the One True Apostolic Catholic Church initiated by Jesus Christ HIMSELF as being led by " The Spirit of God through prayer, meditation and "Divine Intervention"!!.....
Chess

Columbus, OH

#533623 Apr 30, 2014
OldJG wrote:
OldJG wrote:
...The church saved civilization....
<quoted text>
The quote about the church is NOT mine.
I get it.

Location hidden

#533624 Apr 30, 2014
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
"Oh my...." this.
A protestant agrees with me.
"Paul speaks of himself as appointed by Christ (see Acts 26:16; 1 Tim. 2:7), but his ordination was mediated through the laying on of hands by Ananias, who was told by the Lord to go to Paul, "'for he is a chosen vessel of Mine'" (Acts 9:15). After Ananias laid his hands on him (see v. 17), Paul was as ordained for his ministry as any of the other apostles. "
http://ministrytodaymag.com/index.php/feature...
this is from that article and this guy is clearly wrong, his account is not Biblical as is written in the Bible.

Paul speaks of himself as appointed by Christ (see Acts 26:16; 1 Tim. 2:7), but his ordination was mediated through the laying on of hands by Ananias, who was told by the Lord to go to Paul, "'for he is a chosen vessel of Mine'" (Acts 9:15). After Ananias laid his hands on him (see v. 17), Paul was as ordained for his ministry as any of the other apostles.- See more at: http://ministrytodaymag.com/index.php/feature... .

you are misreading what the man is trying to say, I do believe. Paul was certainly ordained to prech the gospel because the Lord Jesus had chosen him, but Ananias laying his ahnds on paul has nothing to do with his calling and ordaination(and you can tell that guy that I said so), it had only to do with the eyesight of paul being restored()and that is what the Bible says,(not some man)
Dan

Omaha, NE

#533625 Apr 30, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>this is from that article and this guy is clearly wrong, his account is not Biblical as is written in the Bible.
Paul speaks of himself as appointed by Christ (see Acts 26:16; 1 Tim. 2:7), but his ordination was mediated through the laying on of hands by Ananias, who was told by the Lord to go to Paul, "'for he is a chosen vessel of Mine'" (Acts 9:15). After Ananias laid his hands on him (see v. 17), Paul was as ordained for his ministry as any of the other apostles.- See more at: http://ministrytodaymag.com/index.php/feature... .
you are misreading what the man is trying to say, I do believe. Paul was certainly ordained to prech the gospel because the Lord Jesus had chosen him, but Ananias laying his ahnds on paul has nothing to do with his calling and ordaination(and you can tell that guy that I said so), it had only to do with the eyesight of paul being restored()and that is what the Bible says,(not some man)
Hey, don't put this one on me.

I said Ananias ordained Paul and gave you support for that with Chapter/Verse and corroboration- not from a Catholic source but from a guy who's Professor Emeritus at a Divinity School. A PhD, yet. Published author. You don't get more credentialed than this guy in Protestantism.

Your response says more that I EVER could regarding the chaotic and purely subjective nature of Protestant belief.

Well done.

Location hidden

#533626 Apr 30, 2014
Dan, I tried to contact this organization but couldn't as they are closed at this time.
but I can see why you would believe him over the Bible.

a participant in the International Roman Catholic-Pentecostal Dialogue.

I doubt if GIF a Pentecostal would accept his views. I certainly wouldnt
Chess

Columbus, OH

#533627 Apr 30, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>this is from that article and this guy is clearly wrong, his account is not Biblical as is written in the Bible.
Personally I was appointed by Jim Baker and confirmed by Tammy Fay.

True. I slipped them each $100.

Still....

Location hidden

#533628 Apr 30, 2014
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, don't put this one on me.
I said Ananias ordained Paul and gave you support for that with Chapter/Verse and corroboration- not from a Catholic source but from a guy who's Professor Emeritus at a Divinity School. A PhD, yet. Published author. You don't get more credentialed than this guy in Protestantism.
Your response says more that I EVER could regarding the chaotic and purely subjective nature of Protestant belief.
Well done.
YOU said Ananias was a priest(priests ordain priests,u said). yet the Bible says that he was a devout man, while others believe that since Jesus spoke to him, he might be considered a Prophet(I disagree with that premise also) since Jesus speaks to all of His Children.

the only thing chaotic is that the person that you speak of is a closet catholic, and cant read the bible. his credentials don't impress me if he cant get the Bible quotations correct.

BTW, I will take my Bible education over his anyday. at least I know and understand, he didn't.

Location hidden

#533629 Apr 30, 2014
Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
Personally I was appointed by Jim Baker and confirmed by Tammy Fay.
True. I slipped them each $100.
Still....
and confirmed by Oxbore?
Chess

Columbus, OH

#533630 Apr 30, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>YOU said Ananias was a priest(priests ordain priests,u said). yet the Bible says that he was a devout man, while others believe that since Jesus spoke to him, he might be considered a Prophet(I disagree with that premise also) since Jesus speaks to all of His Children.
the only thing chaotic is that the person that you speak of is a closet catholic, and cant read the bible. his credentials don't impress me if he cant get the Bible quotations correct.
BTW, I will take my Bible education over his anyday. at least I know and understand, he didn't.
I was always a big fan of Ananias cookies.

Or was that anise cookies?

Let me get back to you on that.

“BACK IN TIME”

Since: Dec 13

Under a Bridge, USA

#533631 Apr 30, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>and confirmed by Oxbore?
Good evening atemcowboy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Aug 16 Married in 10,583
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Aug 12 Jeremy 24
News Evangelical Trump supporters want meeting with ... Aug 9 Ms Sassy 1
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Aug 8 -Prince Of Darkness- 84,839
News Pope 'loves China', Vatican official says on tr... Aug 8 Harold 2
News Pope Francis accepts resignation of Boston Auxi... Jul 29 Anti- 2
News 'That's all he wanted': Spicer, a devout Cathol... Jul 25 misleading troller 2
More from around the web