Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 695362 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#533595 Apr 30, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU still haven't found out that Jesus is the light.....
Hmmmm....
Yes, according to the Catholic Bible.

I am not Catholic. Mine is a moral God that doesn't murder and torture its own creation.

Hello -- who else but Babylon would say such terrible things about God?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Ramen
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#533596 Apr 30, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Did Ramen inspire you to write that future "truth?"
:)
Look at the posts of the delusional ones here.

No, I was inspired by the delusional ones here who need a glass-half-FULL Junith.

They look to you.

Ramen :o)
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#533597 Apr 30, 2014
More on Christian Gnosticism

See also[edit]
Esoteric Christianity
Syrian-Egyptic Gnosticism
Persian Gnosticism

Footnotes[edit]

1.Jump up ^ See Against the Lucianists by Epiphanius
2.Jump up ^ The followers of Menander, who led a schism in Simonianism. See Against Menander by Epiphanius
3.Jump up ^ The followers of the gnostic Satornilus. See Against Satornilus by Epiphanius
4.Jump up ^ See Against the Heracleonites by Epiphanius
5.Jump up ^ See Against the Ptolemaeans by Epiphanius
6.Jump up ^ See Abelites - Jewish Encyclopedia
7.Jump up ^ See Against the Angelics by Epiphanius for a more detailed description.
8.Jump up ^ Apparently another name for the Borborites. Epiphanius also references them as a different sect in the Panarion. He mentions them three times in the book. See here.
9.Jump up ^ A gnostic sect mentioned in the Panarion, Against the Nicolaitans, 2,1 They be identified as the Borborites.
10.Jump up ^ Another name for the Gnostics according to Epiphanius. It may be a different Gnostic Sect all-together. See Proem I, 5,4
11.Jump up ^ Blunt. Pg. 109. "Cleobians"
12.Jump up ^ See Against the Secundians by Epiphanius
13.Jump up ^ See Essenes.com for more information

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Gnostic_...
atemcowboy

Van Wert, OH

#533598 Apr 30, 2014
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Ananias was a priest. Who do you think ordains priests? Priests,
And, that protestant dude from the article I cited agrees with me, so I'm good, thanks.
Al it takes is one protestant to agree with me, since you're all as "correct" as the next one. You can't tell him he's wrong, as there's no one to appeal the decision to.
another reason as to why you should stay out of this forum, you don't know beans(In Paul's speech in Acts 22, he describes Ananias as "a devout man according to the law, having a good report of all the Jews" that dwelt in Damascus (Acts 22:12) from applebutter(Ananias, the high priest that paul was taken to(Act 23:2).

not the same fellow, dapper dan and just another example of being a liar, chief among all the catholics. clay isn't a liar, just dumb.

United States

#533599 Apr 30, 2014
Jguest wrote:
I focus on what I want to focus on, and I most certainly don't need your suggestions telling me what I need to focus on.
But if YOU think it is important, have at it.
-
-
June VanDerMark wrote:
This a forum ... NOT your church, and I have a right to my suggestions even though they upset you because they are not your suggestions.
-
-
June: "This a forum" ... wow! ya think? and had I said it was my 'church' then your present argument would be valid.
further I am not discounting my right to disagree with your 'suggestions' and speculation on my emotional state is a bit over the top even for one who believes they are so astute.
Dan

Omaha, NE

#533600 Apr 30, 2014
concerned in Brasil wrote:
<quoted text>
That's right the Roman Catholic Sect accepts what small c catholics "universal" Christians affirmed had been scripture NT for the previous 300 years but those small c catholics "universal" Christians believed and practiced a faith compared to what Roman Catholics believe and practice today is night and day, it is so far removed from what small c catholics "universal" Christians believed in 33 AD 100 AD 200 AD etc that they have lost the Gospel and replaced it with a false Gospel and Idolatry.
Thank God through out every age true small c catholics "universal" Christians have been there to maintain and bring the light into the darkness.
That was the longest sentence ever.

Can you distill it into something cogent?

I didn't understand you.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#533601 Apr 30, 2014
If there was only one monotheistic god in the Abrahamic religion ... from where did the god of the Gnostic Christians come???

Bunkology.
>>>>>>> >>

The Gnostics believed that God the Father of Jesus was not same as the God worshipped by the ancient Hebrews.

http://www.netplaces.com/gnostic-gospels/top-...
atemcowboy

Van Wert, OH

#533602 Apr 30, 2014
here dan, show this to that guy that you are in agreement with, both of you need to Learn some Bible.

http://www.christianmonthlystandard.com/index...

and here is the man that Prayed for Paul so he might receive his sight.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ananias_of_Damas... .

the high priest is in Jerusalem while the other is in Damascus.

early Christians knew the difference even if you catholics don't, and like Anthony, you will prolly continue this disagreement even when the Bible proves you wrong
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#533603 Apr 30, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>another reason as to why you should stay out of this forum,
AWWWW ... Now Now ... there's no need to chase competitors away just because they don't agree with your interpretations of words.

atemcowboy

Van Wert, OH

#533604 Apr 30, 2014
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Ananias was a priest. Who do you think ordains priests? Priests,
And, that protestant dude from the article I cited agrees with me, so I'm good, thanks.
Al it takes is one protestant to agree with me, since you're all as "correct" as the next one. You can't tell him he's wrong, as there's no one to appeal the decision to.
the person that agreed with you and thinks that your post is brilliant is as dumb as you are. you are deceitful
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#533605 Apr 30, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
Look at the posts of the delusional ones here.
No, I was inspired by the delusional ones here who need a glass-half-FULL Junith.
They look to you.
Ramen :o)
It's quite obvious that you are not on the receiving end of their "love."

They don't look to me. They glare right through me.

There's a big difference you know.

June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#533606 Apr 30, 2014
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
<quoted text>
-
-
June: "This a forum" ... wow! ya think? and had I said it was my 'church' then your present argument would be valid.
further I am not discounting my right to disagree with your 'suggestions' and speculation on my emotional state is a bit over the top even for one who believes they are so astute.
Jguest wrote:

I focus on what I want to focus on, and I most certainly don't need your suggestions telling me what I need to focus on.
But if YOU think it is important, have at it.
-
Dan

Omaha, NE

#533607 Apr 30, 2014
concerned in Brasil wrote:
<quoted text>
That's right the Roman Catholic Sect accepts what small c catholics "universal" Christians affirmed had been scripture NT for the previous 300 years but those small c catholics "universal" Christians believed and practiced a faith compared to what Roman Catholics believe and practice today is night and day, it is so far removed from what small c catholics "universal" Christians believed in 33 AD 100 AD 200 AD etc that they have lost the Gospel and replaced it with a false Gospel and Idolatry.
Thank God through out every age true small c catholics "universal" Christians have been there to maintain and bring the light into the darkness.
Actually, no, it was the "big C" Catholics who compiled the canon of Scripture.

Google "Council of Nicea"

Thanks
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#533608 Apr 30, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
here dan, show this to that guy that you are in agreement with, both of you need to Learn some Bible.
"Learn some Bible???"

REALLY.

Do you know what you Catholics and Protestants have learned from studying the bible???

You have learned how to fight about who you believe Jesus loves and who Jesus will reject.
atemcowboy

Van Wert, OH

#533609 Apr 30, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
"Learn some Bible???"
REALLY.
Do you know what you Catholics and Protestants have learned from studying the bible???
You have learned how to fight about who you believe Jesus loves and who Jesus will reject.
hush june, or I will take your printing privileges away from you and assign them to another producer.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#533610 Apr 30, 2014
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
I just did.
Your so-called "Christian" intimidation only works on those who are gullible enough to believe in your nonsense.
Fact the facts Oxbow - you don't believe in what Jesus taught, but will think that what men have taught is true.
Why? Are you afraid to believe in all of what Jesus taught?
Yes - everything......it is quite numerous in pages.....much more than what is in the Bible.
BTW - your deception is noted.
You are not telling me me those things Christ taught which I follow not....you can't....because you are a liar.....
Dan

Omaha, NE

#533611 Apr 30, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>STUPID!!!!!
Ananias was told to pray for Paul that his sight might be restored, nothing else.
Well, that's not what the Protestant dude said in the magazine article I cited. "Ministry Today" is the online journal, so they guy's likely a minister.

Protestants trust Protestant ministers, don't they? I mean, I provided it as an objective source and you're still bucking me.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#533612 Apr 30, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I relate to the following expression.
"Be Nice to People on Your Way Up. You’ll Meet ‘Em On Your Way Down"
Jimmy Durante? Wilson Mizner? Walter Winchell?
Manfred von Richthofen
Dan

Omaha, NE

#533613 Apr 30, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
http://www.christianmonthlystandard.com/index...
and here is the man that Prayed for Paul so he might receive his sight.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ananias_of_Damas... .
the high priest is in Jerusalem while the other is in Damascus.
early Christians knew the difference even if you catholics don't, and like Anthony, you will prolly continue this disagreement even when the Bible proves you wrong
Well, here's the deal on the guy who agrees with me-they guy who's article I cited.

"J. Rodman Williams, Ph.D., is professor emeritus of theology at Regent University Divinity School in Virginia Beach, Virginia. An author of several books, Williams has served as a pastor, and a college and seminary professor."

So, you can take your broken link to Christan Monthly Standard and the operating one to Wikipedia, and I'll take the Rev. Dr. J, Rodman Williams (theology professor, author, pastor) for the win here.

Looks like Williams "learned some Bible", doesn't it? "Prolly" forgot more than you ever knew about it.

"Prolly", that is.

Can I get an "Amen"?

"

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#533614 Apr 30, 2014
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, that's not what the Protestant dude said in the magazine article I cited. "Ministry Today" is the online journal, so they guy's likely a minister.
Protestants trust Protestant ministers, don't they? I mean, I provided it as an objective source and you're still bucking me.
I trust the Truth, the most that could be said about the Ananias that was in Damascus is that he might have been a Prophet, while the other was in Jerusalem. TWO DIFFERENT PEOPLE AND WE CAN INCLUDE ANOTHER ANANIAS WHO WAS MARRIED AND STRUCK DOWN BY THE HOLY GHOST.

you are trying to hide your stupidity by blaming someone else.

and yeah, I always buck a lie and hank tried to tell you that you are wrong but like catholics you prefer a lie over the TRUTH

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Feb 15 Eyes on Christ 10,730
News Pope 'loves China', Vatican official says on tr... (Aug '17) Feb 11 C Kersey 3
News Vatican mulls putting end to limbo (Apr '07) Feb 6 Leary 43
News Vatican nixes former Irish president from Women... Feb 2 Mullah Pres Elect... 1
News Pope accepts resignation of auxiliary bishop of... Feb 2 Pope MS USA News 6
News Faith Matters: Top local faith stories for 2017 Jan 21 question 2
News Love in the air: Pope marries couple on papal p... Jan 19 Pardon Pard 1
More from around the web