Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 685696 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#532582 Apr 27, 2014
OH sorry ... I forgot. According to the Protestants Jesus betrayed both the Jews AND Catholics to become a Protestant.

The Muslim don't care one way or the other, as to at least some of them Jesus will come back with the Mahdi already converted to Islam, and the saved one will all go flying off to Paradise with a capital P.
Chess Jurist

Columbus, OH

#532583 Apr 27, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
According to the Catholics, Jesus betrayed the Jews to become a Catholic.
According to the Protestants, he betrayed the Jews to became a Protestant.
And according to you, he became whatever belief-system fits your brain-cells to a T.
get back to me when you have a quality scholar rather than an unformed belief.

K?

Ditz.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#532584 Apr 27, 2014
Unknowable means unknowable. The question of whether the universe was created, or always existed, or started with a bang, is still questionable, not "knowable."
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#532585 Apr 27, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
(lol)!!.....
Axe to grind he says! Name all the protestants that you have insulted, or name called on this forum? Never mind its been all of them.
....I have an Axe to grind he says.......(lol)
Imagine Cathol-"I"-sized -hojo referring to others as militant.

Damn, this forum is a riot!

:)

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#532586 Apr 27, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Poppycock!
Men wrote whatever appeased their emotions.
I suggest that within the theology it would be respectful of Catholics and Protestants to give the monotheistic god of the Abrahamic religion BACK his Jewish polytheistic titles that the Catholics stole away and discarded from the Jewish theologians.
Neither was it by "chance" that the title Lord-Jehovah was changed BY the Catholics to Lord-Jesus.
Title-theft by the Catholics and later the Protestants was not nice behavior. The Catholic and Protestant theologians should have created their own images of gods to worship.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>
Names and Titles of Gods in Judaism
Seven names of God[edit]
The seven names of God that, once written, cannot be erased because of their holiness are the Tetragrammaton, El, Elohim,#Eloah, Elohai, El Shaddai, and Tzevaot.[26]
Less common or esoteric names[edit]
Adir — "Strong One"
Adon Olam — "Master of the World"
Aibishter — "The Most High" (Yiddish)
Aleim — sometimes seen as an alternative transliteration of Elohim
Aravat — "Father of Creation"; mentioned once in 2 Enoch, "On the tenth heaven is G-d, in the Hebrew tongue he is called Aravat".
About this sound Avinu Malkeinu (help•info)— "Our Father, Our King"
About this sound Bore (help•info)— "The Creator"
Ehiyeh sh'Ehiyeh — "I Am That I Am": a modern Hebrew version of "Ehyeh asher Ehyeh"
Elohei Avraham, Elohei Yitzchak ve Elohei Ya`aqov — "God of Abraham, God of Isaac, and God of Jacob"
Elohei Sara, Elohei Rivka, Elohei Leah ve Elohei Rakhel — "God of Sarah, God of Rebecca, God of Leah, and God of Rachel"
El ha-Gibbor — "God the Hero" or "God the Strong" or "God the Warrior"
Emet — "Truth"
E'in Sof — "Endless, Infinite", Kabbalistic name of God
HaKadosh, Barukh Hu (Hebrew); Kudsha, Brikh Hu (Aramaic)— "The Holy One, Blessed Be He"
HaRachaman — "The Merciful One"
Kadosh Israel — "Holy One of Israel"
Melech HaMelachim—"The King of Kings" or Melech Malchei HaMelachim "The King, King of Kings", to express superiority to the earthly rulers title.
Makom or HaMakom — literally "The Place", perhaps meaning "The Omnipresent" (see Tzimtzum)
Magen Avraham — "Shield of Abraham"
Ribono shel `Olam — "Master of the World"
Ro'eh Yisra'el — "Shepherd of Israel"
Tzur Israel — "Rock of Israel"
Uri Gol — "The New LORD for a New Era" (Judges 5:14)
YHWH-Yireh (Adonai-jireh)— "The LORD Will Provide" (Genesis 22:13–14)
YHWH-Rapha — "The LORD that Healeth" (Exodus 15:26)
YHWH-Niss"i (Adonai-Nissi)— "The LORD Our Banner" (Exodus 17:8–15)
YHWH-Shalom — "The LORD Our Peace" (Judges 6:24)
YHWH-Ro'i — "The LORD My Shepherd"
YHWH-Tsidkenu — "The LORD Our Righteousness"[27](Jeremi ah 23:6)
YHWH-Shammah (Adonai-shammah)— "The LORD Is Present" (Ezekiel 48:35)
Rofeh Cholim — "Healer of the Sick"
Matir Asurim — "Freer of the Captives"
Malbish Arumim — "Clother of the Naked"
Pokeach Ivrim — "Opener of Blind Eyes"
Somech Noflim — "Supporter of the Fallen"
Zokef kefufim — "Straightener of the Bent"
Yotsehr Or'— "Fashioner of Light"
Oseh Shalom — "Maker of Peace"
Mechayeh Metim — "Life giver to the Dead"
Mechayeh HaKol — "Life giver to All" (Reform version of Mechayeh Metim)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Names_and_Titles ...
Gods name is locked in in the Massoratic Text in the book of Esther. He has only one name but multiple titles. God has ONLY ONE NAME but multiple titles. Then again,why am I debating Gods name with one that God calls a fool.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#532587 Apr 27, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest you read the best of the best
Have you written a book that you want me to read???

June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#532588 Apr 27, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
get back to me when you have a quality scholar rather than an unformed belief.
K?
Ditz.
Do tell! Is hell a real place or is it just made-up by knowledge-able "scholars?"
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#532589 Apr 27, 2014
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Gods name is locked in in the Massoratic Text in the book of Esther. He has only one name but multiple titles. God has ONLY ONE NAME but multiple titles.
I suggest that because the Jews were polytheists, that is why there were so many names.

But as with all issues, it's debatable.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

From the book “Smith’s Bible Dictionary.

God (good). Throughout the Hebrew Scriptures two chief names are used for the one true divine being—ELOHIM, commonly translated God in our version, and JEHOVAH translated Lord.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#532590 Apr 27, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
More rage.
Jesus do that to you?
Go hiss under your favorite rock...snake
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#532591 Apr 27, 2014
Here is another point of view.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

Judaism

Main article: Gender of God in Judaism

Although God is referred to in the Hebrew Bible with masculine imagery and grammatical forms, Jewish philosophy does not attribute to God either sex or gender.[7] At times, Jewish aggadic literature and Jewish mysticism do treat God as gendered, though these are not uniformly masculine or feminine.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gender_of_God

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#532592 Apr 27, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest that because the Jews were polytheists, that is why there were so many names.
But as with all issues, it's debatable.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>
From the book “Smith’s Bible Dictionary.
God (good). Throughout the Hebrew Scriptures two chief names are used for the one true divine being—ELOHIM, commonly translated God in our version, and JEHOVAH translated Lord.
I'm sorry but I will NOT discuss something as precious as Gods name with one such as you. It would be a level of blasphemy aginst the Lord God.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#532593 Apr 27, 2014
“The Messiah IS Not Coming—and He’s Not Even Going to Call!”

ISREALI HIT TUNE IN 2001
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#532594 Apr 27, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Go hiss under your favorite rock...snake
Your engine seems to be stuck in gear.

Do Protestants ALL have that problem?

June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#532595 Apr 27, 2014
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>I'm sorry but I will NOT discuss something as precious as Gods name with one such as you. It would be a level of blasphemy aginst the Lord God.
That's a new style of dodging the subject.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#532596 Apr 27, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
???!!!
You're jealous aren't you? That's been it all along...you wish you were pope. Finally figured you out....
~~~

You just do get it do you....Only God can take nothing and make something

He spoke the universe in to existence.. the Roman Catholic religiopus system...aint God

Only God could bring forth Our SINLESS SAVIOR.

IT IS IMPOSSIBLE FOR A CORRUPTIBLE PRIEST TO TAKE WINE AND BREAD AND

WINE AND CREATE WHAT ONLY THE HOLY GHOST COULD ACCOMPLISH .

IF a priest could HAVE DONE such a miracle...then

THERE WOULD HAVE BEEN NO NECESSITY FOR THE VIRGIN BIRTH OF JESUS...

JESUS COULD HAVE BEEN CREATED FROM BREAD AND WINE....AND THERE

WOULD HAVE BEEN NO REASON FOR JESUS TO SUFFER AND DIE...

.Nor would there an account for the millions of gallons of blood that was shed by innocent animals between Geneses and the book of Malachi

IT COULD HAVE BEEN DONE THROUGH TRANSUBSTANTIATION

THE SCIENTIFIC CHEMICAL CHANGE THAT THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH HAS

CLAIMED OVER THE CENTURIES.

THE BIBLE SAYS

Heb_9:22 And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission.

Heb_10:18 Now where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin.

YOUR PLACEBO IS NOT THE BLOOD AND FLESH OF JESUS.
NEVER HAS BEEN AND NEVER WILL BE.

1Co 11:23 For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, That the Lord Jesus the same night in which he was betrayed took bread:

1Co 11:24 And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you:
this do in remembrance of me.

1Co 11:25 After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me.

1Co 11:26 For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come.

1Co 11:27 Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#532597 Apr 27, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a new style of dodging the subject.
Call it what you like old foolish woman. You remind me of Job's wife that Job called a fool after she told Job to curse God and die.

After the way you have virtually cursed God time and time again you think I would lower myself to discuss Gods name with vermin such as you? Get real.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#532598 Apr 27, 2014
It's a rainy night in Gawgia.
hojo

Waconia, MN

#532599 Apr 27, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a liar...
You are lying ...... again....proof follows:
You are scared to death to face the truth...your ego is the size of an elephant...you have swallowed so much slop from your pope you have stayed blind and deaf...
Proof of my words: Your stupidity of looking in an English dictionary for the definition of a Greek word is stupidity at its most high!!!
Do what Christians do,,,show the definition of the Koine Greek word from which "church" was translated in Mt 16:18......and in many other verses.
You will not do so..because that would prove, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that you are a bald--face liar...
BTW...that definition can be found in your NABre.....
Prove me wrong!!!!!
Worth repeating!!!!
You will not do so..because that would prove, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that you are a bald--face liar...
I only respond to heretics only once (Ooops this is the 5th time)---to remind them that they are heretics!!!!!
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#532601 Apr 27, 2014
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Call it what you like old foolish woman. You remind me of Job's wife that Job called a fool after she told Job to curse God and die.
After the way you have virtually cursed God time and time again you think I would lower myself to discuss Gods name with vermin such as you? Get real.
Do you curse the gods of the Hindus, or do you just not believe they exist???

I realize that you only see through your own religious indoctrination, and that is why you perceive others that dare to disagree with you as being evil.

I'm not IN any religion, so I don't perceive that YOU are vermin or evil or that you offend a god or multiple gods.

I also don't believe in hells linked to any religion, so I don't believe that souls WILL spend eternity in hells.

If you take your self out of religion, you will free your self from fear.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#532602 Apr 27, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I only respond to heretics only once (Ooops this is the 5th time)---to remind them that they are heretics!!!!!
More LOVE sent via internet from a Catholic to a Protestant.

I suggest that Jesus knows to stay away from earth, because if he came to earth he would have to take one side or the other and no matter which side he took the other side would call him a heretic and not the REAL messiah and in turn get REAL ugly with him.

It's not easy being a "savior."

I suggest Jesus is in "hiding."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Aug 16 Married in 10,583
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Aug 12 Jeremy 24
News Evangelical Trump supporters want meeting with ... Aug 9 Ms Sassy 1
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Aug 8 -Prince Of Darkness- 84,839
News Pope 'loves China', Vatican official says on tr... Aug 8 Harold 2
News Pope Francis accepts resignation of Boston Auxi... Jul 29 Anti- 2
News 'That's all he wanted': Spicer, a devout Cathol... Jul 25 misleading troller 2
More from around the web