Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 699416 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#532566 Apr 27, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
June
The point is that I don't jump to conclusions, pre-judge others.
Then I suggest you STOP pretending that your center is IN Christianity.

Christians believe that hell is a literal place where the god sends those he hates as vile sinners. In Christianity, as in all religions that promote hell as being real ... hell is not a metaphor.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#532567 Apr 27, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
You obviously do not read well..I said,NOTHING against John Paul..I'm quite,convinced he is,with Jesus,..He was a great human imo ...I meant that and,still do. I DID NOT SAY HE WAS,NOT A SAINT ..
.I said,based on the process,your Church goes,through , the probability is that those declared saints,are there ...but we don't KNOW..and what of the every day Catholics. Those who love Jesus heart and soul .. worship Him all their lives , but no one has attributed a miracle t o them or put them up for saint hood..?? That's my whole problem declaring and praying to one person the Church has,decreed.
As for St Christopher...I am not the only person who has,doubts,,as
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Did_the_Vatican_rem...
This was widely reported.....and it seems,there IS,DOUBT ..AND yes,I used wiki so as,not to be accused of going to a,protestant site.
I really wish you folks,would read ...and not react ...in the,most negative way ....I'm glad your Church recognizes John Paul. And I was saddened after his,death...and I'VE NEVER SAID DIFFERENT ..HE was at the time most honest in his,dealings with the world imo
Why the heck WOULD you go to a protestant site or even wiki?

http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/03728a.htm

You made a snide remark about John Paul being canonized before Mother Theresa. Typically argumentative.....

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#532568 Apr 27, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Is hell a metaphor to you Robert???
June

When writing to you, I sometimes think it is.(smiles)
(Satire)
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#532569 Apr 27, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
....why do you say that Henry? There are other posters who claim the same thing. Interesting!
He's a militant atheist with an axe to grind just like you.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#532570 Apr 27, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
June
Christians fight the spiritual battles.....
I suggest you stop trying to bullshit a bullshitter and go study some history that is NOT promoted by Catholic theologians.
Chess Jurist

Columbus, OH

#532571 Apr 27, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest you stop trying to bullshit a bullshitter and go study some history that is NOT promoted by Catholic theologians.
I suggest you read the best of the best rather than Acharya S and ilk, dummy.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#532572 Apr 27, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
(LOL)!........You do have a sense of humor June!
I've been dipping into the sacked-religious wine.

It comes in three different flavors. Betrayer of Jews ... to represent the father. Betrayer of Judaism ... to represent Jesus ... and I forgot the other flavor ... it has something in common with the word "ghost."

:)
Michael

Canada

#532573 Apr 27, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You blathering fool.
Catholics WROTE that Jesus said MANY things ... but not one word was written in first person by a supposed man named Jesus.
He must have been a dunce if he existed as he couldn't even write his own name.
You are flying high on nothing but your arrogance.
.......a 33 year old man called the messiah since birth, who supposedly brought dead people back to life, and restored the eye site of blind people.....yet no one noticed or thought him important enough to write about while he was alive?

...something is terribly wrong June!
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#532574 Apr 27, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Were the Catholics militant Atheists when they burned Protestants at the stake.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#532575 Apr 27, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
June
When writing to you, I sometimes think it is.(smiles)
(Satire)
Nice dodge Robert. Is hell a metaphor, or is it real ... from your perspective?
Chess Jurist

Columbus, OH

#532576 Apr 27, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I've been dipping into the sacked-religious wine.
It comes in three different flavors. Betrayer of Jews ... to represent the father. Betrayer of Judaism ... to represent Jesus ... and I forgot the other flavor ... it has something in common with the word "ghost."
Jesus never betrayed any Jews of record, goofy.

Maybe your Jesus, but he's as phony as the Jesus of any church.

Ditz.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#532577 Apr 27, 2014
Atheists that try to get people of religion to stop fighting over religion are not being militant.

We are trying to talk common sense into your scattered brain-cells.

If religions were based on truth, there would be nothing over which any of you should fight.

And to make the claim that one group of believers knows truth is very presumptuous indeed.
Michael

Canada

#532578 Apr 27, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
...You told all the posters two days ago that you were not posting to Brasil anymore.,...within 2 short hours you were posting to Brasil again..well in the past two days you have posted to Brasil at least 28 times!!!!

.....Over a year ago you posted to everyone that you were done with this forum and you were moving on. Since that statement you have been posting non stop.
....You are a Catholic Apologist Liar.........and not to be trusted......yet you sit in church every Sunday smiling at everyone, and telling God how good you have been.

Unbelievable!

....Your own words speak for themselves.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#532579 Apr 27, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
.......a 33 year old man called the messiah since birth, who supposedly brought dead people back to life, and restored the eye site of blind people.....yet no one noticed or thought him important enough to write about while he was alive?
...something is terribly wrong June!
The Jesus myth is the second to last myth.

The latest myth of course is the Wiccan goddess, who since she had her homophobia removed from her by Alex Sanders, loves everybody without any conditions whatsoever.

However, apparently Mrs. Alex was not amused.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

Maxine Sanders has a new book out which is connected with King of the Alexandrian Witches Alex Sanders. Alex and I didn't see eye to eye regarding initiation and gay people being admitted to the Craft as partners.

http://www.youtube.com/watch ...
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#532580 Apr 27, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus never betrayed any Jews of record,
According to the Catholics, Jesus betrayed the Jews to become a Catholic.

According to the Protestants, he betrayed the Jews to became a Protestant.

And according to you, he became whatever belief-system fits your brain-cells to a T.
Michael

Canada

#532581 Apr 27, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
(lol)!!.....

Axe to grind he says! Name all the protestants that you have insulted, or name called on this forum? Never mind its been all of them.

....I have an Axe to grind he says.......(lol)
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#532582 Apr 27, 2014
OH sorry ... I forgot. According to the Protestants Jesus betrayed both the Jews AND Catholics to become a Protestant.

The Muslim don't care one way or the other, as to at least some of them Jesus will come back with the Mahdi already converted to Islam, and the saved one will all go flying off to Paradise with a capital P.
Chess Jurist

Columbus, OH

#532583 Apr 27, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
According to the Catholics, Jesus betrayed the Jews to become a Catholic.
According to the Protestants, he betrayed the Jews to became a Protestant.
And according to you, he became whatever belief-system fits your brain-cells to a T.
get back to me when you have a quality scholar rather than an unformed belief.

K?

Ditz.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#532584 Apr 27, 2014
Unknowable means unknowable. The question of whether the universe was created, or always existed, or started with a bang, is still questionable, not "knowable."
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#532585 Apr 27, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
(lol)!!.....
Axe to grind he says! Name all the protestants that you have insulted, or name called on this forum? Never mind its been all of them.
....I have an Axe to grind he says.......(lol)
Imagine Cathol-"I"-sized -hojo referring to others as militant.

Damn, this forum is a riot!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Apr 18 G-Tee 10,755
News Pope writes Chile's bishops after receiving sex... Apr 12 Wisdom of Ages 1
News Vatican nixes former Irish president from Women... Apr 5 dubiecatholicarch... 3
News Vatican backs Obama as Nobel Peace Prize Winner (Oct '09) Apr 5 helpful links 40
News 'Hell does not exist,' says Pope Francis Apr 5 thepopeonthetwit 3
News Pope 'loves China', Vatican official says on tr... (Aug '17) Feb '18 C Kersey 3
News Vatican mulls putting end to limbo (Apr '07) Feb '18 Leary 43