Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 637711 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#532484 Apr 27, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I have NEVER said that!!!..... It is "you" that keeps repeating this same old Mental JUNK !!!!!!
Okay ... DO you believe that the Catholic religion teaches truth from the one god and that the Protestants and all other religions teach lies???

Please try to answer the question from your honest "opinion."

Prince George, Canada

#532485 Apr 27, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
The TRUTH of the Word of God has not changed for over 2000 years when Jesus Christ HIMSELF imitated, established and formulated HIS One True Apostolic Catholic Church.
And here is my answer.

You BELIEVE that the Catholics teach "universal truth, and all other religions are BUNK ... RIGHT hojo???
Chess Jurist

Columbus, OH

#532486 Apr 27, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> To you it's all pretend, but to billions of others it's not..People like you and June will always be the Minority, no matter how much you try and spread your hate..The Truth is Out there my Friend, I hate no one for what they believe, but others seem to hate without any provocation other than someone not believing as they do. Ideology of Truth is a very powerful tool at controlling the masses..
You are correct: The truth is out there, and I have it. If you want truth rather than fiction, I recommend you look to the best scholars in the business: Ehrman at UNC, Koester at Harvard, Crossan retired from DePaul, Metzger (deceased) from Princeton, Charlesworth, also from Princeton. Toss in some Brown (deceased) from Union Theological Seminary.

By the way: I do not hate Christians.

I do not hate Christianity. I merely understand it for what it is.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#532487 Apr 27, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
1. No, that's why the Lord established a Church, not a collection of Books.
2. There was no "Bible" as we understand it, for the first 340 yrs of Christianity. The Bible developed because of Sacred Tradition. The Mass as the Apostles taught, consisted of Scripture readings, then the Eucharistic meal...'Scripture readings' at that time, was what we understand as the OT. The next generation started using what little writings of the Apostles they had, as well as the epistle of Clement, Barnabes, and the letters of Ignatius. This stayed the norm until the 4th century. Then Pope Damaseus summoned St. Jerome to visit the eastern Churches to get an idea of a set canon, so all the Universal Churches would use the same readings at Mass. Most didnt use Revelation. Some didnt use Hebrews. All used the 4 Gospels.. etc.
You see, Guest, Christianity centers around the Eucharist and Mass. Even the Holy Scriptures center around the Mass. This is the word of God given by Jesus Christ thru His Apostles.
Clay....

Jesus' church = people = "called out"

God has made His last phone call to mankind.

God has spoken His last WORDS to the human race.

He will never again call or speak to the sons of men.

His last calls and spoken WORDS are all in the twenty seven books of the New Testament.

Prince George, Canada

#532488 Apr 27, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Go hiss under your favorite rock...snake
Hahahahaha

Just Jesus and MEEEEE
And the bible make THREEEEE
We'll be happy in MY BLUE HEAVEN
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#532489 Apr 27, 2014
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm surprised she hasn't told you that you really like to argue since we've all said the same things to her...or does she only jump on Catholic women?
I know for a fact that the last time SAINT Christopher was brought up, I posted excerpts from more than one article explaining that he was indeed still a saint and why he was removed from the general calendar to local ones, but it appears that she ignored those posts and went directly to those from one of the misinformed atheists (the one who's obsessed with St. Christopher). Why anyone would go to protestants and atheists to find out about what the Church teaches and why is absurd in the extreme.
Rose is suffering through a crisis of faith right now. I think we should pray that she finds the courage some day to return to what she knows in her soul to be the only true Church of Jesus Christ.

Prince George, Canada

#532490 Apr 27, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
I was, and still am sticking to the content of your post. You make assumptions and draw conclusions again with disconnected points.
You again assume that there is no upside to suffering.
There is definitely NO up side to suffering. It's pleasant only when the suffering STOPS.

For some humans and other animals the suffering "doesn't" stop until death mercifully ends the suffering.

Those who believe in soul and spirit WANT the suffering to continue even after death, as it seems they aren't happy that the suffering might end at death of the physical bodies.

Prince George, Canada

#532491 Apr 27, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
I would not say that all humans enjoy fighting, simply because it is untrue June. If it were true as you claim, then there would be no such thing as what we like to call "cowards" dear.
Cowards, such as theologians enjoy getting others to fight their battles for them.

There are many cowards such as Aquarius-WY posting (spiritual) religious blather on forums using pseudo names because they are frightened out of their wits to use their real names.

Prince George, Canada

#532492 Apr 27, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Rose is suffering through a crisis of faith right now. I think we should pray that she finds the courage some day to return to what she knows in her soul to be the only true Church of Jesus Christ.
Jesus ... the Jewish Rabbi preaching Catholicism, in a Catholic church.

"TINK BOUT it" ... says Mrs. Brown.

Prince George, Canada

#532493 Apr 27, 2014
This little indoctrinated Catholic-boy knew a lie when he spotted one. And now he's a man known as Billy Connelly.

>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

From the book …“Billy” by Pamela Stephenson … comes the following.

One day, Jesus had come into conversation at home and Billy referred to Jesus as having been a Catholic, which was his seven-year-old misunderstanding. Aunt Margaret corrected him.‘Jesus wasn’t Catholic, Jesus was a Jew.’

‘Oh,’ he said with innocent surprise,‘does that mean we’re Jews?’

‘Where did you come up with that one?‘ she sneered, and continued to ridicule him until he was in his teens.‘Does that mean we’re Jewish?’ she would mimic him.

From the book …“Billy” by Pamela Stephenson … comes the following.
Florence had made sense of her life by developing a strong Catholic faith, which continues to sustain her to this day.‘It’s really worse than death,’ she decided quite early on.‘living a hellish life. There has to be something beyond it, just for the fairness of the thing.’
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#532494 Apr 27, 2014
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>I'm sorry for always having to correct you given that you consider yourself a preacher but the sin of suicide IS NOT an unforgiveable sin. Example: If a person ends up having to deal with severe mental issues etc and something in the environment causes him to go to sucha depth that that person ends up committing suicide,will God hold him guilty though it was no fault of that person that he/she committed suicide? I think not.
Having said that you so called Christians need to leave judgibg up to God and stop trying to do His job for no one can do Gods job better than He can though I grant you many Christians think they are able to do Gods job better than He can. LEAVE JUDGING UP TO GOD as only He gets to decide what is forgiveable and what is not. YOU FEEL ME?
Tony, Tony, Tony,

Is suicide ever the answer???

Judges 9:52-57

52 Abimelek went to the tower and attacked it. But as he approached the entrance to the tower to set it on fire,

53 a woman dropped an upper millstone on his head and cracked his skull.

54 Hurriedly he called to his armor-bearer,“Draw your sword and kill me, so that they can’t say,‘A woman killed him.’” So his servant ran him through, and he died.

55 When the Israelites saw that Abimelek was dead, they went home.

56 ~~~~~Thus God repaid the wickedness that Abimelek had done to his father by murdering his seventy brothers.~~~~~

57 *****God also made the people of Shechem pay for all their wickedness. The curse of Jotham son of Jerub-Baal came on them.*****

Being made in God's likeness gives you reason to live.

Prince George, Canada

#532495 Apr 27, 2014
A while back the Protestant -poster "Confrinting with the word" accused me of wanting to destroy people's religious faith, while EVERY day (non-stop) HE was posting about how the Catholics were and are liars and how the Protestants from the distorted KJV bible promoted by King James Ist was and is based on absolute truth.

I made it plain when I became an Atheist that I wanted to show people who were interested that it is possible to leave all religion behind if the will is there to want to leave.

Many on this forum still want to fight that THEY know universal truth and continually suggest that others only tell lies.

I suggest that if universal exists ... million, and maybe billions of humans shot at, and missed the bulls eye ... because if they knew truth, religion would have nothing over which to fight.

Prince George, Canada

#532496 Apr 27, 2014
If universal truth exists
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#532497 Apr 27, 2014
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Most Christians amazingly does NOT know what blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is. I will say one thing about it though and that is...ONLY SOMEONE THAT IS PART OF THE ELECT CAN COMMIT THIS SIN. Someone may be a believer yet they may not be a member of the Elect and they cannot commit the sin of Blaspheming against the Holy Spirit. Now I know I just thoroughly confused most Christians on this forum with that statement.
All Believers are not necessarily a member of the Elect.
The ELECT has a very special job that God intends for them to do in the last days and it is they and only they that can commit the unforgiveable sin and I am of the belief that God chose them well and therefore they are of a Spiritual fortitude so much so to the point that it would be impossible for one of them to commit this sin. When one studies PREDESTINATION, the ELECT are the predestinated ones.
Tony, Tony, Tony,

Jesus said, "anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man, it will be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the age to come."

These people had seen Jesus cast out a demon, admitted that He did it, but ~~~ascribed the power by which He worked to "Beelzebub, the ruler of demons."~~~

Gospel of Mark’s account says, "Assuredly, I say to you, all sins will be forgiven the sons of men, and whatever blasphemies they may utter; but he who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness, but is subject to eternal condemnation—<<<becau se they said, He has an unclean spirit.">>>

It is doubtful that those who saw Jesus cast out a demon and then ascribed the power by which He worked the miracle to the DEVIL could ever be moved to repentance.

This is the blasphemy that Jesus said could never be forgiven.

Prince George, Canada

#532498 Apr 27, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Tony, Tony, Tony,
Is suicide ever the answer???
Devout believers such as you used words from bibles that droves many other humans to commit suicide ... homosexuals being one group. Women who had abortions, another.

Shame on you bullies for using words from books to torment others into believing they would go to hell, while YOU go to heaven.

SHAME ON YOU!!!
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#532499 Apr 27, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>here is an article and contrary to what tony(dusty was right about him) says, this writer agrees with me and uses the words of Jesus about satan.
What is Blasphemy Against the Holy Spirit?
The word blasphemy (blasphemia), "impious and reproachful speech injurious to the divine majesty" (Thayer), in this context denotes an attitude of "defiant irreverence." The scribes who accused Jesus were guilty of blaspheming the Holy Spirit because they defied the truth. They treated his miracles with something worse than indifference; they blasphemously attributed them to Satan. They were like those condemned by Isaiah the prophet (5:20): "Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil; who substitute darkness for light and light for darkness; who substitute bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!" Philo thus commented that those who blaspheme against the divine and ascribe the origin of evil to God and not man can expect no forgiveness. By accusing Jesus of being in league with Satan when he was really acting through the power of the Holy Spirit, they had blasphemed the Spirit, hardening their hearts against the Spirit's influence.
http://www.bible.ca/ef/expository-matthew-12-...
Guess I aint so dumb after all.lol
Yes.....

Prince George, Canada

#532500 Apr 27, 2014
Theologians ENCOURAGED their followers to kill innocent people as heretics and infidels and yet bullied women who had abortions into believing they were EVIL for having the abortions.

The downright NERVE of theologians should be perceived with SCORN ... not ADMIRATION!!!

Prince George, Canada

#532501 Apr 27, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Tony, Tony, Tony,
Jesus said,
You blathering fool.

Catholics WROTE that Jesus said MANY things ... but not one word was written in first person by a supposed man named Jesus.

He must have been a dunce if he existed as he couldn't even write his own name.

You are flying high on nothing but your arrogance.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#532502 Apr 27, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
A while back the Protestant -poster "Confrinting with the word" accused me of wanting to destroy people's religious faith, while EVERY day (non-stop) HE was posting about how the Catholics were and are liars and how the Protestants from the distorted KJV bible promoted by King James Ist was and is based on absolute truth.
I made it plain when I became an Atheist that I wanted to show people who were interested that it is possible to leave all religion behind if the will is there to want to leave.
Many on this forum still want to fight that THEY know universal truth and continually suggest that others only tell lies.
I suggest that if universal exists ... million, and maybe billions of humans shot at, and missed the bulls eye ... because if they knew truth, religion would have nothing over which to fight.
June

Some people's aim at truth are not so good, so they use their brains to make bigger and better weapons to hit their target, not realizing they destroy the surroundings....Humanity, animals, nature, environment all have paid perhaps a permanently cataclysm.

But most people can winnow chaff from wheat, if shown how....

Prince George, Canada

#532503 Apr 27, 2014
Georges Minois … History of Suicide … Voluntary Death in Western Culture … Translated by Lydia G. Cochrane. First published in 1995.

“A Missionary, by his fiery declamations and the image of the torments of the next world, so terrorized a credulous grape farmer that the latter believed himself frankly headed for eternal flames, and he thought of nothing else but saving his family and helping them to enjoy the palms of martyrdom.”. The treatment that Pinel suggested was to isolate the patient and keep him from all contact with religious objects.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Was Obama right about the Crusades and Islamic ... (Feb '15) 17 hr nanoanomaly 1,965
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 23 hr Mr Sir 10,082
News Biden to see Pope Francis, discuss cancer cures... Apr 29 serfs up 6
News Archbishop of Cologne Blasts Germany's Anti-Isl... Apr 29 Marie-Luise_J 6
News Pope names new papal nuncio to the United States Apr 19 Tough Guy 6
News Pope Rescues 12 Muslims To Demonstrate How Euro... Apr 18 The_Prophet_Had_LICE 5
News Pope's Refugee Airlift Was Last-Minute 'Inspira... Apr 18 Jim 1
More from around the web