Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
513,621 - 513,640 of 538,769 Comments Last updated 7 min ago
Anthony MN

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2014

Judged:

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
JESUS SAID
If you have never been touched by the Holy Spirit and never had a personal encounter with God, THROUGH JESUS CHRIST HIS SON...
YOU ARE NOT A CHRISTIAN.. AND YOU ARE DECEIVED YOURSELF AND DECEIVING OTHERS..
Receiving Christ is as personal as your own breath...
JESUS SAID...
Joh_14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
1Ti_2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;
Heb_9:15 And for this cause he/JESUS... is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.
IT CANNOT BE SAID OF MARY ,...PETER ,....NOR ANY OTHER OF YOUR (SO CALLED) PAPAL SUCCESSORS...
Isa 53:6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and
THE LORD HATH LAID ON HIM THE INIQUITY OF US ALL....
NONE OF YOUR CORRUPTIBLE PLACEBO'S QUALIFY .....
I know how bad you want to be part of the conversation, but posting lies and your perverted opinions of scripture only testify to the fact that you're a fraud and you don't speak for God.
concerned in Brasil

Europe

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2014

Judged:

Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
The irony is that Pope Benedict never said "Roman Catholic Church only true Church". He said "Catholic Church". He didn't single out the diocese of Rome! That would be a snub to the maronite, Byzantine, Greek, Ethiopian, Oriental, etc, Catholic Churches.
Ask the fundie if the eastern Catholic Churches are the harlot, or just the "Roman" Catholic Church and they'll stare at you like a deer in the headlight.
Actually he did he claimed they are all defective as they don't recognize the supremacy of the Roman Pope!

And no we don't stare like a deer in the head light we just post and show you only post erroneous ill informed babble babble.

In fact under RCC dogma all are under anthem meaning not redeemed, not saved if they do not recognize the supremacy of Romes Pope

That pretty much covers 1 billion Christians in the world today being sent to hell if we are to believe Romes Popes
Anthony MN

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2014

concerned in Brasil wrote:
<quoted text>
The Albigensian Crusade or Cathar Crusade (1209–1229) was a 20-year military campaign initiated by Pope Innocent III to eliminate Catharism in Languedoc, in the south of France.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albigensian_Crus...
Its a matter of historical fact I know they don't teach it at RCC catechism classes but they don't teach you much that is historical there.
Do you identify yourself and your beliefs with the Cathars and Albigensians?
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2014

Hey Gif you know I love you and Kay Marie, and Cowboy and all, and not trying to cause a fuss:)

You posted this verse;

Heb_9:15 And for this cause he/JESUS... is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.

~~~~~~~

I was thinking with the word 'might' in there we could go back to Heb 6:4 where they were called, and tasted the Holy Spirit, that they 'might' receive "The promise of eternal inheritance."
concerned in Brasil

Europe

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2014

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I know how bad you want to be part of the conversation, but posting lies and your perverted opinions of scripture only testify to the fact that you're a fraud and you don't speak for God.
Once again faced with the irrefutable biblical truth what is a Pharisee like you do??

Oh ya name call make false accusations attack the messenger.

BTW he did not say he spoke for God he/she simply quoted the word of God but if you were full of the Spirit of God you would know the difference.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2014

Chess wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me know how helena hot's show goes, k?
Go hiss under your favorite rock...snake
concerned in Brasil

Europe

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2014

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Clearly you are mesmerized by protestant fantasy that after the apostles died Christianity went into the deep freeze for 1500 years until it was rediscovered by Luther.
Which of THE CHURCH FATHERS (you know who they are) was an evangelical fundamentalist?
If you wish to win the audiences respect you would do well not to associate words that I have never spoken or written to me it makes you look stupid.

But again deceit is a Pharisees #1 weapon

I have never claimed the church was silent or in a deep freeze as you put for 1500 years that is pure LIE on your part, Par for the course with you.

The word of God was and has been preached in all times, his church has always been growing and spreading since 33 AD

You just can't tell what the truth or his church is or most likely refuse to acknowledge it.

Again still waiting how you explain 400 years of Roman Torture Inquisition via Papal Bull endorsed by 42 popes and this being in complete contradiction with the Bible and the early churches teachings, all 100% contradict Rome with out exception.

Still waiting its been what 2+ years
Anthony MN

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2014

<quoted text>
Actually he did he claimed they are all defective as they don't recognize the supremacy of the Roman Pope!
And no we don't stare like a deer in the head light we just post and show you only post erroneous ill informed babble babble.
In fact under RCC dogma all are under anthem meaning not redeemed, not saved if they do not recognize the supremacy of Romes Pope
That pretty much covers 1 billion Christians in the world today being sent to hell if we are to believe Romes Popes
Wrong. Here's what the document says which started this thread;

The Eastern Orthodox:

“Because these Churches, although separated, have true sacraments and above all – because of the apostolic succession – the priesthood and the Eucharist, by means of which they remain linked to us by very close bonds”[13], they merit the title of “particular or local Churches”[14], and are called sister Churches of the particular Catholic Churches.[15]

Protestants;

According to Catholic doctrine, these Communities do not enjoy apostolic succession in the sacrament of Orders, and are, therefore, deprived of a constitutive element of the Church. These ecclesial Communities which, specifically because of the absence of the sacramental priesthood, have not preserved the genuine and integral substance of the Eucharistic Mystery[19] cannot, according to Catholic doctrine, be called “Churches” in the proper sense[20].
concerned in Brasil

Europe

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2014

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
No, explain to me why you think the Christians running from their Roman persecutors were evangelical fundamentalists.
You answer a question with a question again, its apparent you can't defend your assertions in any shape or form.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2014

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>lol, you have NO proof, the only person that has been on this forum has stated often that she ah heard me and like my type of Preaching.
you are the fraud, trying to pass yourself as a Christian
You are not able to answer my question because you are a fraud.....

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>you certainly have a problem understanding the Scriptures.
And there went great multitudes with him: and he turned, and said unto them,
26 If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.
27 And whosoever doth not bear his cross, and come after me, cannot be my disciple.
28 For which of you, intending to build a tower, sitteth not down first, and counteth the cost, whether he have sufficient to finish it?
29 Lest haply, after he hath laid the foundation, and is not able to finish it, all that behold it begin to mock him,
30 Saying, This man began to build, and was not able to finish.
that is Word, marge and it is the Word coming straight from Jesus.
Building is WORK. in the 29th verse, the foundation is laid(Salvation) and then that person must continue or else the WORK is not finished(Lost Salvation)
just because you don't understand, doesn't take away what is said in the Bible.
the answer for you is obvious, get Saved and God will take that serpentine tongue away from you

A. Do you hate your father, your mother, your wife, your children, your brother, your sisters, your own life??
Anthony MN

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2014

Judged:

<quoted text>
Once again faced with the irrefutable biblical truth what is a Pharisee like you do??
Oh ya name call make false accusations attack the messenger.
BTW he did not say he spoke for God he/she simply quoted the word of God but if you were full of the Spirit of God you would know the difference.
Which Church father was an evangelical fundamentalist?
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2014

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you just make that up or do you have something you can cite?
Anthony you do understand I meant 'Roman' as in generic.
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2014

Yes

In this life one can receive, "The promise of eternal life"
concerned in Brasil

Europe

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2014

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you identify yourself and your beliefs with the Cathars and Albigensians?
Yes
but not all of what Rome says they Believed as many of those beliefs that Rome claimed they believed were just made up white washing to justify the slaughter. The Scripture being interpreted by the local church, and not recognizing the supremacy of Rome's Pope were the beliefs that lead Innocent the 3 to slaughter some 2 million over a 20 year campaign. Those beliefs I most definitely share.

But only a Roman Catholic would believe murdering Man women and Child for their beliefs could ever be justified.
Anthony MN

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2014

Judged:

<quoted text>
If you wish to win the audiences respect you would do well not to associate words that I have never spoken or written to me it makes you look stupid.
But again deceit is a Pharisees #1 weapon
I have never claimed the church was silent or in a deep freeze as you put for 1500 years that is pure LIE on your part, Par for the course with you.
The word of God was and has been preached in all times, his church has always been growing and spreading since 33 AD
You just can't tell what the truth or his church is or most likely refuse to acknowledge it.
Again still waiting how you explain 400 years of Roman Torture Inquisition via Papal Bull endorsed by 42 popes and this being in complete contradiction with the Bible and the early churches teachings, all 100% contradict Rome with out exception.
Still waiting its been what 2+ years
Really....
Which Church father was an evangelical fundamentalist? Who was preaching the evangelical fundamentalist doctrine? Where? Who? When?
Anthony MN

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2014

Judged:

<quoted text>
You answer a question with a question again, its apparent you can't defend your assertions in any shape or form.
Marge believes the Church fathers like Ignatius, Polycarp and Clement were persecuting and making martyrs out of REAL Christians. You kosher with that?
concerned in Brasil

Europe

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2014

Judged:

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong. Here's what the document says which started this thread;
The Eastern Orthodox:
“Because these Churches, although separated, have true sacraments and above all – because of the apostolic succession – the priesthood and the Eucharist, by means of which they remain linked to us by very close bonds”[13], they merit the title of “particular or local Churches”[14], and are called sister Churches of the particular Catholic Churches.[15]
Protestants;
According to Catholic doctrine, these Communities do not enjoy apostolic succession in the sacrament of Orders, and are, therefore, deprived of a constitutive element of the Church. These ecclesial Communities which, specifically because of the absence of the sacramental priesthood, have not preserved the genuine and integral substance of the Eucharistic Mystery[19] cannot, according to Catholic doctrine, be called “Churches” in the proper sense[20].
NO I am right he goes on to claim they are defective for not recognizing Romes Pope's supremacy.

And already on the books RCC dogma states those who do not are anathema, he is spinning it all at the same time trying to side step the fact ROME Anathema's all who deny their POPES supremacy,

That slipped right by you...... NOT you choose to ignore that glaring fact.
You can't condemn and and accept them at the same time but that is why RRC dogma does and that's why RCC dogma is false it contradicts itself.
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2014

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
No, explain to me why you think the Christians running from their Roman persecutors were evangelical fundamentalists.
Hey, I don't have a definition of an 'evangelical fundamentalist' cause it's not in Bible, can't go there or want to.
Anthony MN

Andover, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2014

Judged:

<quoted text>
Yes
but not all of what Rome says they Believed as many of those beliefs that Rome claimed they believed were just made up white washing to justify the slaughter. The Scripture being interpreted by the local church, and not recognizing the supremacy of Rome's Pope were the beliefs that lead Innocent the 3 to slaughter some 2 million over a 20 year campaign. Those beliefs I most definitely share.
But only a Roman Catholic would believe murdering Man women and Child for their beliefs could ever be justified.
Well, not sure what color the sky is in your world, but the day you said the Catholic Church murdered as many people who existed in Europe at the time was probably my que to cease any further conversation with you.
You're part of the whacko fringe...have a pleasant day.
Chess

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2014

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If Jesus was a myth, myths can't teach anything.
If you believe all the other saviors were myths, then it's only fair to those in other religions that you believe Jesus was also a myth.
But then ... those who believe in Jesus never WERE fair. It was the furthest thing from their minds. "GIMME heaven ... GIMME ... GIMME ... GIMMIE!!!"
Breakdown.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 3 hr Maverick 8,274
Filipino Catholics hails new saints 16 hr ELIAS IBARRA 45
Agenda for Pope's apostolic visit to Sri Lanka ... Wed Ponniah 1
Allah is great.... (Jul '13) Aug 26 christ 170
Cuba to build first Catholic church in decades Aug 25 WE JUST DONT CARE 37
Pope Aims At Revival of Holy Roman Empire Aug 23 Patriot 1
St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes Aug 23 ELIAS IBARRA 46
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Pope Benedict XVI People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••