Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 650790 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#532386 Apr 27, 2014
Catholics want us to believe that Jesus abandoned the Jews.

Jews want us to believe that Jesus was not their messiah.

Within wacky theology, my vote goes to the Jews.

It is common sense that (within the theology) a Jewish Rabbi would want to correct Jews to follow him and be faithful only to Judaism.

Christianity is a myth within the myth of Judaism. And monotheistic Judaism is still stuck in polytheistic Judaism. And if we unwind the balls of yarn even further back, polytheistic Judaism is still stuck in the myths of varying other religions ... and on and on and on ... back to the days of the cave-men who were certain that the gods were punishing them for bad behavior.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#532387 Apr 27, 2014
“For the honor of the Blessed Trinity, the exaltation of the Catholic faith and the increase of the Christian life, by the authority of our Lord Jesus Christ and of the Holy Apostles Peter and Paul and having sought the council of many of our brother Bishops, we declare and define Blessed John XXIII and John Paul II be Saints,” Pope Francis, April 27, AD 2014

Prince George, Canada

#532388 Apr 27, 2014
It is common sense that if a creator has a NEED to punish it's own creation ... it should be punished for creating such a creation in the first place.

Bunkology

If you follow the thread of lies, you will end up with more lies and nothing BUT lies, as theologians were nothing but theologasters in god-garbs.

I suggest the fact is, until we die, we won't know if life continues in another form. I am willing to wait and not assume anything. It's not my place to make such judgments of who deserves what treatment in a supposed hereafter. It's none of my business at all.

Prince George, Canada

#532389 Apr 27, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Having a nut tell me so is hardly a comfort.
Well then, in order to make you comfortable, I suggest you ask the Topix moderators to remove the post so that it no longer exists. Then you can "pretend" that the words in your post takes the spotlight.

:)

Prince George, Canada

#532390 Apr 27, 2014
Those in religion brag about knowing for a fact that heaven and hell exists, and at the same time state that the creator is beyond human ability to understand.

So that means those in religion DO understand what the creator created for the afterlife ... but that the creator itself is beyond human ability to understand.

Religious illusions might be fun ... but they are indeed silly and tend to go completely out of control.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#532391 Apr 27, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
“For the honor of the Blessed Trinity, the exaltation of the Catholic faith and the increase of the Christian life, by the authority of our Lord Jesus Christ and of the Holy Apostles Peter and Paul and having sought the council of many of our brother Bishops, we declare and define Blessed John XXIII and John Paul II be Saints,” Pope Francis, April 27, AD 2014
Mother Theresa?? Guess I can look it up..She died same time John Paul did, just curious.

Doesn't God decide who is,a saint??

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#532392 Apr 27, 2014
Correction, my error, Mother Theresa died years earlier ....

It was Diana, who died near one of them ....Theresa I think

Prince George, Canada

#532393 Apr 27, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
If pope Francis was honest, he would admit the lies that he covers in the guise of truth.

He would say "There is something very wrong with what we have been taught. I know that I would not leave my Catholic religion to become a Protestant, and so I suggest that Jesus would not have left Judaism to become a Catholic."

But he won't admit that the theology was and is based on lies, as it would be the end of the Catholic "organization."

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#532394 Apr 27, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The start of religion was the start of believing in mythology.
They believed whatever fit with comfort for their imaginations.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>
Religious mythology and folklore
Ritual myths explain the performance of certain religious practices or patterns and associated with temples or centers of worship.
Origin myths (aetiologies) describe the beginnings of a custom, name, or object.
Creation myths, which describes how the world or universe came into being.
Cult myths are often seen as explanations for elaborate festivals that magnify the power of the deity.
Prestige myths are usually associated with a divinely chosen king, hero, city, or people.
Eschatological myths are all stories which describe catastrophic ends to the present world order of the writers. These extend beyond any potential historical scope, and thus can only be described in mythic terms. Apocalyptic literature such as the New Testament Book of Revelation is an example of a set of eschatological myths.
Social myths reinforce or defend current social values or practices.
The Trickster myth concerns itself with the pranks or tricks played by gods or heroes. Heroes do not have to be in a story to be considered a myth.
http://www.newworldencyclopedia.org/entry/Myt ...
June

Peace

So as I suspected, you agree, or at least your quote agrees with me..."Social myths reinforce or defend current social values or practices." And since you believe the social myths of our times, you practice your religion devoutly, with much emphasis now on spreading it....

Peace

Prince George, Canada

#532395 Apr 27, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
There is "absolutely NOTHING" new to discuss..... The TRUTH has, is and will continue to be the (same) as it has for over 2000 years ----and that TRUTH is firmly grounded and manifested in Jesus Christ and in His historically and biblically PROVEN One TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church, the Bride of Christ...... The only thing that atheists,agnostics and bible only Protestants want to do is "discuss, or debate!....There is NOTHING to discuss!....There is NOTHING to debate!.......TheTRUTH of the TRUE Gospel of Jesus Christ has not, nor will ever change because Paul confirms and re-affirms it in ITimothy 3:15 when he call The CHURCH (not the bible alone) as the Pillar, Pinnacle and Foundation of the TRUTH!!.......
I suggest that "thou" protests to much.

Are you having a problem keeping the FAITH in lies???

I hope so!

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#532396 Apr 27, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
As I stated before, I suggest you will only believe the supposed science (as does the pope) that includes a Catholicized image of a god.
Anything outside of that picture would be perceived as the work of the devil.
June

You restate, a suggestion, on what I believe....

It appears your religion certainly is not built on faith. What do you think?

But I think it is great to imagine what another person thinks, it is almost empathizing. I think what you fail to see is your own "comfortableness". And some people go a lifetime without the challenge to their view, which is imprinted culturally on them.

How could you have left a religion you never believed in?

Prince George, Canada

#532397 Apr 27, 2014
In order to be full of pride that the self is of holy essence to a creator, one has to perceive others as being of evil essence to the supposed creator.

And that type of mentality is not beneficial to any semblance of peace within self ... OR with what one spreads as lies to others on earth.

Prince George, Canada

#532398 Apr 27, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
June
Peace
So as I suspected, you agree, or at least your quote agrees with me..."Social myths reinforce or defend current social values or practices." And since you believe the social myths of our times, you practice your religion devoutly, with much emphasis now on spreading it....
Peace
I suggest you stop being so silly Robert.

Your Christian CENTER is calling you to GUARD-duty. "I must protect my Christian religion. I must protect my Christian religion. I must protect my Christian HYPNOSIS as being REAL and of HIGHEST value to civilization, so ALL will be saved ... blah blah blah blah blah."

Prince George, Canada

#532399 Apr 27, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
You restate, a suggestion, on what I believe....
Well ... you DO believe in a devil and hell for OTHERS ... right Robert???

If you don't, you are not CENTERED in Christianity, and that means you have flown the chicken-coop in search of bigger and better worms.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#532400 Apr 27, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Mother Theresa?? Guess I can look it up..She died same time John Paul did, just curious.
Doesn't God decide who is,a saint??
Your protestant brethren say you're all saints. Isn't it ok for us to honor a few Catholic ones?

Tell us again Rose how much you agree with all the Church fathers....lol

Prince George, Canada

#532401 Apr 27, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
How could you have left a religion you never believed in?
You are scraping the sludge from the bottom of your barrel.

I believed in the existence of a god of love, and without religion I would not have known the word god. RIGHT Robert ... the self-perceived holy one???

You don't fool me about the reason you left Atheism to go back to Catholicism.

As an Atheist you couldn't believe that a god valued you as special. And you DESIRE to believe you are special to a god.

Your Catholic snobbery made it plain that you think you are valuable to a god while other wreak of the smell of up-coming hell!

Pompous ass!

Prince George, Canada

#532403 Apr 27, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Your protestant brethren say you're all saints. Isn't it ok for us to honor a few Catholic ones?
Tell us again Rose how much you agree with all the Church fathers....lol
Well ... you believe you are the stuff of sainthood ... RIGHT?

After all, you are fully aware that the opposite word of saint is "demon."

Prince George, Canada

#532404 Apr 27, 2014
Jumping ahead to the future in imagination is the cause of stupidity in religion. "You will be going to hell, and "I" will be going to heaven."

Blathering idiocy.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>

PLANET EARTH … the Final Chapter … Hal Lindsey

WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?

All the believers who have been raptured, or snatched away, will meet the Lord face to face, in the air.

Prince George, Canada

#532405 Apr 27, 2014
If humans trusted that the supposed creator was/is KIND ... there would BE no NEED for religion.

As Robert F stated, in his very brief encounter with Atheism ...
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
Greetings June
It is fear that makes the KNOW. Fear of death, and fear of hell, and fear of not making it to heaven.....Religion is based on fear....
Robert

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#532406 Apr 27, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
I pray all is alright Sera. I can't imagine what you been thru. I swear by God, I'm not trying to draw parallels between Catholic and Orthodox on this forum, especially given our arguments . But I picture incense and prayers at Nicks funeral, and I know Catholics here have prayed together with you. I hope no one but you and I read this.
God bless.
If indeed that you hope no one would read this,then you should have private message me this. Then for sure only you and I would know about it. God Bless

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope Francis: 'Trump is not Christian' Jul 24 make Donald Drump... 47
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jul 20 I Jus Wanna Live ... 10,173
News Holding the left responsible (Sep '15) Jul 20 Crusader 4
News The 'Obamification' of Pope Francis (Sep '15) Jul 16 odG nDmdea yoHl r... 100
News Turkey disappointed with Pope's Armenian 'genoc... (Apr '15) Jul 14 Hasan Sasirmaz 32
News Pope says Church should ask forgiveness from ga... Jul 9 South Knox Hombre 10
News Christian Europe Jul 9 bluestreak returns 27
More from around the web