Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 683545 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#532296 Apr 26, 2014
The following is written for those that has"""" "EYES TO SEE AMD EARS TO HEAR"""" "".

I know it's a very long article t read but Americans need to take some time out ans read the following link question # 10 about Americas fate.

http://www.biblestudysite.com/answers82.htm#1...

“Happy 2016!!”

Since: Apr 08

Saint Teresa Pray 4 Us.

#532297 Apr 26, 2014
"Catholics believe that theirs is the one true Church of Jesus Christ, firstly, because theirs is the only Christian Church that goes back in history to the time of Christ; secondly, because theirs is the only Christian Church which possesses the invincible unity, the intrinsic holiness, the continual universality and the indisputable apostolicity which Christ said would distinguish His true Church; and thirdly, because the Apostles and primitive Church Fathers, who certainly were members of Christ's true Church, all professed membership in the same Catholic Church (See Apostles' Creed and the Primitive Christian letters). Wrote Ignatius of Antioch, illustrious Church Father of the first century: "Where the bishop is, there let the multitude of believers be, even as where Jesus is, there is

the Catholic Church." Our Lord said: "There shall be one fold and one shepherd, yet it is well know that the various Christian denominations cannot agree on what Christ actually taught. Since Christ roundly condemned inter-denominationalism, that house cannot stand." (Mark 3:25), Catholics cannot believe that He would even sanction it in His Church.

Catholics refuse to concede such a thing out of faith in Jesus Christ. Christ solemnly pledged that the gates of Hell would never prevail against His Church (Matt. 16:18), and He solemnly promised that after His ascension into Heaven He would send His Church "another Paraclete...the spirit of truth," to dwell with it forever (John 14:16-17), and

He inspired the Apostle Paul to describe His Church as "the pillar and ground of the truth." (1 Tim. 3:15). If the Catholic Church (which Protestants admit was the true Church of Jesus Christ before Luther's
revolt) became doctrinally corrupt as alleged, it would mean that the gates of Hell had prevailed against it, it would mean that Christ had deceived His followers. Believing Christ to be the very essence of truth and integrity, Catholics cannot see how the division of Christianity into hundreds of rival camps and doctrinal variations can be called a "reformation" of the Christian Church. "
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#532298 Apr 26, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
All of them as they went around preaching after Jesus,ascended ..all those,apostles,and disciples...before there,were,any denominations,....they were in the homes, then in the,Churches,plural, no Pope,, founded on belief of Jesus...filled with believers,, the true Church..
They Evangelzed as Jesus,commanded on the FUNDAMENTAL belief in Christ Jesus as the,Way , the Truth and the Light ...
Lol. You have no idea what they were or what they preached. It would be nice if you were interested learning.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#532299 Apr 26, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen..I agree,as,I just posted , a bit late .
Please,your answer,..
What IS,blasphemous the,Holy Spirit ?
Is,it the unforgivable sin??
Does,one do it by ignoring the,prompting,...and Sinn I Nguyen..or is,it a purposeful denial of His,Being God.
This,is a hard concept ..Thanks,
You may as well agree that the moon is made of green cheese as far as you know.

“Happy 2016!!”

Since: Apr 08

Saint Teresa Pray 4 Us.

#532300 Apr 26, 2014
Have a blessed Sunday and a fabulous evening!
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#532301 Apr 26, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
All of them as they went around preaching after Jesus,ascended ..all those,apostles,and disciples...before there,were,any denominations,....they were in the homes, then in the,Churches,plural, no Pope,, founded on belief of Jesus...filled with believers,, the true Church..
They Evangelzed as Jesus,commanded on the FUNDAMENTAL belief in Christ Jesus as the,Way , the Truth and the Light ...
Strange how heretics like yourself identify yourself hypocritically with other heretics while claiming they are not really Christians. A heresy which arose in the fourth century, and denied the Divinity of Jesus Christ. Yes Rose there are no false teachers. Rip that part out of the bible since every heresy used scripture for their claim. There are no unlearned and unstable who wrest the scripture unto their destruction everybody has the real deal. You win a shirt that Jesus loves everyone but Catholics, but he loves me more.

Doctrine
First among the doctrinal disputes which troubled Christians after Constantine had recognized the Church in A.D. 313, and the parent of many more during some three centuries, Arianism occupies a large place in ecclesiastical history. It is not a modern form of unbelief, and therefore will appear strange in modern eyes. But we shall better grasp its meaning if we term it an Eastern attempt to rationalize the creed by stripping it of mystery so far as the relation of Christ to God was concerned. In the New Testament and in Church teaching Jesus of Nazareth appears as the Son of God. This name He took to Himself (Matthew 11:27; John 10:36), while the Fourth Gospel declares Him to be the Word (Logos), Who in the beginning was with God and was God, by Whom all things were made. A similar doctrine is laid down by St. Paul, in his undoubtedly genuine Epistles to the Ephesians, Colossians, and Philippians. It is reiterated in the Letters of Ignatius, and accounts for Pliny's observation that Christians in their assemblies chanted a hymn to Christ as God. But the question how the Son was related to the Father (Himself acknowledged on all hands to be the one Supreme Deity), gave rise, between the years A.D. 60 and 200, to a number of Theosophic systems, called generally Gnosticism, and having for their authors Basilides, Valentinus, Tatian, and other Greek speculators. Though all of these visited Rome, they had no following in the West, which remained free from controversies of an abstract nature, and was faithful to the creed of its baptism. Intellectual centres were chiefly Alexandria and Antioch, Egyptian or Syrian, and speculation was carried on in Greek. The Roman Church held steadfastly by tradition. Under these circumstances, when Gnostic schools had passed away with their "conjugations" of Divine powers, and "emanations" from the Supreme unknowable God (the "Deep" and the "Silence") all speculation was thrown into the form of an inquiry touching the "likeness" of the Son to His Father and "sameness" of His Essence. Catholics had always maintained that Christ was truly the Son, and truly God.
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#532302 Apr 26, 2014
They worshipped Him with divine honours; they would never consent to separate Him, in idea or reality, from the Father, Whose Word, Reason, Mind, He was, and in Whose Heart He abode from eternity. But the technical terms of doctrine were not fully defined; and even in Greek words like essence (ousia), substance (hypostasis), nature (physis), person (hyposopon) bore a variety of meanings drawn from the pre-Christian sects of philosophers, which could not but entail misunderstandings until they were cleared up. The adaptation of a vocabulary employed by Plato and Aristotle to Christian truth was a matter of time; it could not be done in a day; and when accomplished for the Greek it had to be undertaken for the Latin, which did not lend itself readily to necessary yet subtle distinctions. That disputes should spring up even among the orthodox who all held one faith, was inevitable. And of these wranglings the rationalist would take advantage in order to substitute for the ancient creed his own inventions. The drift of all he advanced was this: to deny that in any true sense God could have a Son; as Mohammed tersely said afterwards, "God neither begets, nor is He begotten" (Koran, 112). We have learned to call that denial Unitarianism. It was the ultimate scope of Arian opposition to what Christians had always believed. But the Arian, though he did not come straight down from the Gnostic, pursued a line of argument and taught a view which the speculations of the Gnostic had made familiar. He described the Son as a second, or inferior God, standing midway between the First Cause and creatures; as Himself made out of nothing, yet as making all things else; as existing before the worlds of the ages; and as arrayed in all divine perfections except the one which was their stay and foundation. God alone was without beginning, unoriginate; the Son was originated, and once had not existed. For all that has origin must begin to be.

Such is the genuine doctrine of Arius. Using Greek terms, it denies that the Son is of one essence, nature, or substance with God; He is not consubstantial (homoousios) with the Father, and therefore not like Him, or equal in dignity, or co-eternal, or within the real sphere of Deity. The Logos which St. John exalts is an attribute, Reason, belonging to the Divine nature, not a person distinct from another, and therefore is a Son merely in figure of speech. These consequences follow upon the principle which Arius maintains in his letter to Eusebius of Nicomedia, that the Son "is no part of the Ingenerate." Hence the Arian sectaries who reasoned logically were styled Anomoeans: they said that the Son was "unlike" the Father. And they defined God as simply the Unoriginate. They are also termed the Exucontians (ex ouk onton), because they held the creation of the Son to be out of nothing. http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/01707c.htm
concerned in Brasil

Europe

#532303 Apr 26, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Name one.
I have already, just in the past two days posts I have named some 15 or so, I don't march to your nonsense drum.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#532304 Apr 26, 2014
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL...I know! It truly is incredible how dense that insufferable moron is, but people with reality are morons in his world. lol Anthony he was already proven to be a fool many times, but he lives in his delusional world and repeats his fantasies. He was run off this board for his absurdities and perpetual lies. Only a complete imbecile would take this loon seriously. Guest can add to the list. They are utterly clueless on the inquistions and the crusades and the whole picture, which none of them has an interest in. Debate? LOL It was all presented and ignored. Kamen is on his side. ROTFL! It is interesting to note that Kamen did state that the hostility of distortions of the truth is so deeply engrained in Protestants that they will refuse to accept reality.
"insufferable"...lol

;0)
atemcowboy

Van Wert, OH

#532305 Apr 26, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Please,Preston , CIB, GIF, KAY ...
Not being specific to anyone here,.
In general
What IS,the,EXACT definition of Blasphemy of the,Holy Spirit .
Is,it the unforgivable sin..
my opinion, only.
when God does something and a person attributes that work to be coming from the devil, so a person has to be careful in what they say about a person.
Jesus spoke about that when He said a house divided shall not stand and will satan cast out satan?
one [unforgivable] sin would be the sin of suicide. you are dead so you cant ask for forgiveness, which that in and of itself proves that OSAS is a faulty doctrine. people like marge, stanley et al say that God forgives ALL sin, past present and future. it is true that He will, if He is asked after Repentance.
Danger doctrines are just that, DANGEROUS
marge

Leesburg, GA

#532306 Apr 26, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Spreading the,WORD of the,FUNDAMENTAL belief of FAITH in Jesus,Christ ..
Nowadays,it's a,pejorative,I realize ..however ...we,were told to EVANGELIZE...we were told the,FUNDAMENTAL of Faith....Yes,it's,in the bible ..no mater what label we,use,Faith in Christ as,Saviour is,at the core,of Christianity and it was,preached every where they went, until MAN started in with hierarchy..which Our Lord preached,against..He who is,first shall be last ..as,he told to the mother of the two brothers who asked that her Sons,be given the high place near him ..
Amen
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#532307 Apr 26, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Please,Preston , CIB, GIF, KAY ...
Not being specific to anyone here,.
In general
What IS,the,EXACT definition of Blasphemy of the,Holy Spirit .
Is,it the unforgivable sin..
Oh look Rose is exclusively asking Protestants what it means. Surprise! lol Now the funny thing is there are dozens of answers that Protestants will give. I wager that Tony from Georgia has a different take than all of you. Hey I know Rose why not take a gander at what the Early Fathers said. Oh, I forgot they were corrupt and didnt know any bible like all the preachers of today with different takes which you compile to the one that tickles your ears.
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#532308 Apr 26, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
"insufferable"...lol
;0)
Truth Matters! ;-)

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#532309 Apr 26, 2014
Those of you that likes Obama as President will hate the article I linked concerning America's condition and fate.
concerned in Brasil

Europe

#532310 Apr 26, 2014
Dust Storm wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL...I know! It truly is incredible how dense that insufferable moron is, but people with reality are morons in his world. lol Anthony he was already proven to be a fool many times, but he lives in his delusional world and repeats his fantasies. He was run off this board for his absurdities and perpetual lies. Only a complete imbecile would take this loon seriously. Guest can add to the list. They are utterly clueless on the inquistions and the crusades and the whole picture, which none of them has an interest in. Debate? LOL It was all presented and ignored. Kamen is on his side. ROTFL! It is interesting to note that Kamen did state that the hostility of distortions of the truth is so deeply engrained in Protestants that they will refuse to accept reality.
One moron reinforcing the other moron's name calling with more name calling, morons of a feather flock together.

so Dusty how is it the RCC and lets go with Anthony's white washed numbers in Spain of 30 000 burned at the stake 3 million others tortured property confiscated and millions forced from their homes via a Papal bull decree, carried out by a special branch of priests justify this and maintain their claim to be the one true church in light all the Bible Teaches and what the Bible teaches a bishop's character should be.

See not one of you morons can explain that, who cares what the numbers are as they are irrelevant to the fact ONE murder renders Romes claim null and void as it was sanctioned via Papal Bull decree, supported and maintained by 41 subsequent Roman Popes?

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#532311 Apr 26, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>my opinion, only.
when God does something and a person attributes that work to be coming from the devil, so a person has to be careful in what they say about a person.
Jesus spoke about that when He said a house divided shall not stand and will satan cast out satan?
one [unforgivable] sin would be the sin of suicide. you are dead so you cant ask for forgiveness, which that in and of itself proves that OSAS is a faulty doctrine. people like marge, stanley et al say that God forgives ALL sin, past present and future. it is true that He will, if He is asked after Repentance.
Danger doctrines are just that, DANGEROUS
I'm sorry for always having to correct you given that you consider yourself a preacher but the sin of suicide IS NOT an unforgiveable sin. Example: If a person ends up having to deal with severe mental issues etc and something in the environment causes him to go to sucha depth that that person ends up committing suicide,will God hold him guilty though it was no fault of that person that he/she committed suicide? I think not.

Having said that you so called Christians need to leave judgibg up to God and stop trying to do His job for no one can do Gods job better than He can though I grant you many Christians think they are able to do Gods job better than He can. LEAVE JUDGING UP TO GOD as only He gets to decide what is forgiveable and what is not. YOU FEEL ME?
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#532312 Apr 26, 2014
concerned in Brasil wrote:
<quoted text>
I have already, just in the past two days posts I have named some 15 or so, I don't march to your nonsense drum.
Name one.

Should be easy since you're one of them and have identical doctrines. Or was it the Cathars?
Dust Storm

Minneapolis, MN

#532313 Apr 26, 2014
concerned in Brasil wrote:
<quoted text>
One moron reinforcing the other moron's name calling with more name calling, morons of a feather flock together.
so Dusty how is it the RCC and lets go with Anthony's white washed numbers in Spain of 30 000 burned at the stake 3 million others tortured property confiscated and millions forced from their homes via a Papal bull decree, carried out by a special branch of priests justify this and maintain their claim to be the one true church in light all the Bible Teaches and what the Bible teaches a bishop's character should be.
See not one of you morons can explain that, who cares what the numbers are as they are irrelevant to the fact ONE murder renders Romes claim null and void as it was sanctioned via Papal Bull decree, supported and maintained by 41 subsequent Roman Popes?
Well I am going with your orginal number of 100 million or more. lol Good to see you have come down 50 or 60 million on your planet where that many people existed at the time. I thought since you started calling people morons you would be right at home. I just added insufferable in front of it. Truth Matters! Go back and have your bottle now while its warm there is a shot of castor oil if you drink it all and stop crying.
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#532314 Apr 26, 2014
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
No doubts at all.
May the FSM, be with u,(lol) don't eat any b/c it's filthy.
:D
If you were confident, why the need to put others down?

What's the point... unless you have nothing positive to validate your claims of being God's favorite?

If you have nothing positive, I guess claiming others aren't real churches is the next best thing.

Ramen

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#532315 Apr 26, 2014

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The pope praised him for providing for his pare... Wed Laredo 3
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Wed Dhimmi Democrat 33
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jul 18 Married in 10,571
News Paul Is No Inventor of Christianity, Says Pope (Sep '08) Jul 16 True Christian wi... 77
News Editorial: The Vatican's Failure in the Abuse S... Jul 13 seemoregood 1
News In Defense of Free Speech in the United States (May '15) Jul 11 Muslim lives don_... 6
News Pope Francis says 2,000 sex abuse cases backlog... Jul 10 Samoht 7
More from around the web