Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
513,481 - 513,500 of 537,307 Comments Last updated 6 min ago

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2014

--SPOONER-- wrote:
<quoted text>
I completely understand what you're saying June. Rose is a Christian as you say, but she is a friend and a sweetheart too me regardless of her Faith. I have Topix friends that believe somewhat like you do June, and I call them friends, and the ladies I call sweetheart.
If Rose was a Muslim she would still be a friend and a sweetheart. Would she fit MY image of Heaven? To be honest, probably not. That's why I said I understand what you were saying completely.
I can see why you refer to your religious passion as non-denominational.

But from my way of perceiving, you are still a Christian that believes Muslims should be kept out of your image of heaven ... and that smacks of Catholicism and Protestantism ... no matter how you try to distance your self from the dogmas.

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2014

June VanDerMark wrote:
There is something terribly lacking in human nature, and religion makes the problem worse.
There is nothing lacking June. It is a matter of stifling the negative side of what you possess and promoting another side of what you possess, rather than a lack of something.

The problem seems to be more along the lines of a simple fact that we are animals in all physiological respects, and we possess animalistic urges and traits. Add to that mix the fact that we humans attempt to legislate acceptable behavior instead of solving things as other animals do (battle till one gives in or dies), and you have quite the dilemma.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2014

Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
No all loving God would ever do such a thing.
An all-loving creator would not create a realm where suffering of all forms of life exist.

Religion is bunkology. Another word for our new dictionary.

Do you have any new words to add?

So far we have Stuporidity and Edumacated, and of course Theologaster which is ancient, but of great value to society.

:)

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2014

Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
There is nothing lacking June. It is a matter of stifling the negative side of what you possess and promoting another side of what you possess, rather than a lack of something.
Those in religion that killed and still kill others in the name of gods (as heretics or infidels) believed and believe they are being positive.

Humans are ignorant and their is no cure for ignorance, as ignorance can't go beyond itself.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2014

there

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2014

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
An all-loving creator would not create a realm where suffering of all forms of life exist.
Prove that the carrots in my garden are suffering June. Prove my animals are suffering June. Prove that an amoeba is suffering June. Prove that you are correct in your claim that we live in a world "where suffering of all forms of life exist."

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2014

Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
So you went for the Jesus rather than the Jello, huh?
Go hiss under your favorite rock...snake

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2014

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Couple of Wednesday night bible studies and they're all paper popes...
~~~

We did not invent the popes...THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH DID...... I guess it is better to be MADE OF paper than JUST a figment of someones OVERACTIVE imagination....

A Pope finds no foundation in the Scriptures..NEITHER DOES A ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH....

JUST A WISP IN THE HOT AIR OF ROME...

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2014

If a creator created humans, it fell WAY short of it's own mark of smarts. It really needs a lot of therapy. If only we could find it we might be able to help it overcome its adversities.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2014

Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove that the carrots in my garden are suffering June. Prove my animals are suffering June. Prove that an amoeba is suffering June. Prove that you are correct in your claim that we live in a world "where suffering of all forms of life exist."
In trying to be WISE, you prove your self to be an idiot.

If you think animals don't feel pain, you don't understand their language.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2014

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely we can include your word! It's a REAL keeper. One of the best.
However, I insist that the word "theologaster" takes center stage, even though it came from Martin Luther.
Will you be content with second place???
the most important thing is that I am included.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2014

confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
A Pope finds no foundation in the Scriptures..NEITHER DOES A ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH....
Martin Luther used the same bible as did the popes, and without the Catholic bible there would BE no Protestant religion.

You might study that KJV and you might be certain that you are wise and holy for studying it because they suggested you would be wise and holy if you studied it ... but I suggest you are dumb as a bag of hammers.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2014

Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Go hiss under your favorite rock...snake
Hahahahahahaha

Softly and tenderly Jesus is calling.

“~ SIDE BY SIDE ~”

Since: Dec 13

~ IS HOW WE ROLL ~

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2014

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I can see why you refer to your religious passion as non-denominational.
But from my way of perceiving, you are still a Christian that believes Muslims should be kept out of your image of heaven ... and that smacks of Catholicism and Protestantism ... no matter how you try to distance your self from the dogmas.
I just answered your post June. I've got to go for now, have a good day, Sweetheart??

Thanks for saying Hi.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2014

atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>the most important thing is that I am included.
You ARE included.

And if I believed in bliss in an afterlife, all forms of life including all humans, would be welcome.

I wouldn't settle for less.

Mind you, I'm not too fond of mosquito's or other animals that want to eat on me, but I presume in an afterlife all will be love, so we, as animals, won't have a need to bite, claw, inject with venom and kill in order to survive.

tongue in cheek

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2014

--SPOONER-- wrote:
<quoted text>
I just answered your post June. I've got to go for now, have a good day, Thanks for saying Hi.
You are welcome.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2014

Looks like a good lesson to learn. I would bet this also applies to cell phones, tablets, digital cameras, and other devices that use lithium batteries.
You think this may be a reason why the Postal Service will not ship electronic devices that contain lithium batteries any longer?

GPS was placed in its bracket in the windshield and left in the sun. The battery overheated and exploded!

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2014

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If I think your so-called "questions" are silly and repetitive, I ignore you.
It's the only thing that works with you.
I answered your question about what is the difference between religion and spirituality from my perspective, and you keep repeating the question ... so I ignore you.
Gosh sorry..

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2014

--SPOONER-- wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning pusherman.
Good Afternoon Spooner and thank you.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2014

Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would St. James tell us to confess our sins to one another? The context of James 5 is to the priests. Who was he talking to? Was he telling the other apostles or everyone?
Did Jesus give the apostles the authority to forgive sins? Yes or no.
Did St. James tell us to confess our sins to one another? Yes or no.
Did St. James NOT realize that the "one another" refers to men who were sinners? Yes or no.
What would be the purpose of Jesus giving authority to forgive sins to men who sin and St. James telling us to confess our sins to one another if it were not for the purpose of being absolved of those sins?
If Jesus DID give the authority to forgive sins to the apostles, and they are MEN who were SINNERS, and St. James says to confess our sins to one another, why do you refuse to do so and insist you only confess your sins to God?
Horse apples!!!!

Jas 5:16 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

There are dozens of parallel verses...none of which mentions "sin" nor "sins".....

Who blots out your transgressions and remembers your sins no more????

Per Scripture: Isaiah 43:25
"I, even I, am he who blots out your transgressions, for my own sake, and remembers your sins no more.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••