Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 670273 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#532166 Apr 26, 2014
concerned in Brasil wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again someone posts evidence for why they believe you are wrong, and once again you can't respond in a rational logical evidence in any way to refute their assertions.
Nope the Pharisee resorts right away to name calling and mud slinging because he is incapable of refuting it because truth is not on his side or in his heart.
Keep digging Pharisee keep digging
Evidence? Your pentecostal preacher buddy has never read a single page of the Catechism while screaming with capital letters that it's full of lies. And you say "amen!".

Look in the mirror pharisee.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#532167 Apr 26, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>ypou just proved that you are understanding. It is a "promise"
I saw your post to them, I detest you. I don't care about your false feeling towards me or them. you are a double minded person and very unstable in ALL of your ways.
you can me a false teacher, you have said that both GIF and myself were taught by satan.I wouldn't give you a plug nickel for you making it into Heaven.
many on here think they know what Blasphemy of the Holy Ghost is, and you have committed it. when you credit satan for the works of God, you have blasphemed the Holy Ghost. He and I have been called and Anointed by the Holy Ghost to preach His Word,
and you have given the credit to satan, and you will answer for that some day, foolish woman
More proof that the likelyhood that "God called you" is as probable as Him "calling the Pink Rabbit"...

detest to feel abhorrence of; hate.

Jesus replied:“‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it:‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

You are saying before God and all that you hate Marge....

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#532168 Apr 26, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Your ignorance is what IS apparent.
"If" the universe always existed, it would not have been created.
I suggest that makes far more sense than believing that a creator WILFULLY created all forms of life to suffer on planet earth.
Your insatiable desire to worship such an image of a monster, says more about you than you can imagine.
"'I' will be saved because 'I' am a Protestant and Protestants are SPECIAL ... blah, blah, blah, blah, blah......"
June

Such a thing as the "Steady State" of the universe, was shown to be false in the last century.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steady_State_the...

For you, regrettably, science pretty much accepts the Big Bang. Apparently you go against science and religion. It sounds like a world of nonsense to me....Time for you to go to school child....

Peace

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#532169 Apr 26, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Religious "terminology" is everywhere in society. Yesterday I uttered the phrase "Oh my god" ... out of habit.
Had the word "god" never been in the language, I would not have been ABLE to use it.
And having been in religion for most of my life, and now having left it behind, I am having to re-train my own terminology.
For instance ... I no longer say "Bless you" when someone sneezes. Instead I say ... "Good one" ... or I say nothing at all.
It takes time to re-train one's terminology.
June

Go back to school...

United States

#532170 Apr 26, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
Reason and logic eh?
Faith plus reason and logic?
If you say so.
The simple truth is that in order to enter the spirit world, one MUST as a matter of due course abandon all reason and logic.
-
-
Liam wrote:
If Salvation is really God's will for us, then why would He require a Bible verse scavenger hunt to find the way? How come even the born againers don't know?
If the Bible was the sole source of truth, then why didnt Jesus or His Apostles give us a list of Books to go by? Why did it take 1454 yrs for the printing press. There were no Bibles in people's homes before then. These guys want us to accept a logistical impossibility in sola Scriptura.
Reason and logic eliminate Protestanism from contention. The only people who can debate Christian truth is the Catholic and Orthodox Church imo. All others take themselves out of the equation by using Scripture alone. You notice this forum lately? What a mess y'all made of the Scriptures.
-
-
If murder, torture and the Inquisition VIA the Catholic Church was really God's will for Christians .... then LOGICALLY that would still be the case, would it not, Liam?
-
WHY did it take 1454 yrs .... blah, blah ...? How convenient for you that you seem to forget. Let me refresh your memory! BECAUSE the CATHOLIC CHURCH forbade the people from owning or reading a Bible! Those who did, were murdered.
-
AND again: The Word of God INDICTS the Catholic Church. over and over again.
-
The ONLY people who can debate Christian TRUTH are the ones who did not order the murder and torture of heretics.
-
But love and peace is lost in the concept of Catholicism.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#532171 Apr 26, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
You've never read it so how do you know?
Vain babblings come from internet preachers like you who scream and thump your bible but are so ignorant you couldn't find your rear end with both hands.
I doubt that you will read this, but I'll give it a try.

The book I am now reading "Rome Sweet Home" of a Protestant couple working their way "back" to the roots of Christianity were and are sure that Jesus' mindset was and is aligned to Catholicism.

But Catholics and others who care to question the stupidity of the Catholic dogmas would soon spot the lie that a Jewish rabbi would choose to be baptized into the Catholic religion.

Those (such as you) who are busy on this forum criticizing Protestants, will not spot the lies of the Catholic church fathers ... simply because you don't WANT to spot the lies.

You are in a hypnotic Catholicized-TRANCE.

It's the illusive magical "charms" that casts spells on those in their own divisive religious cults.
Chess

Columbus, OH

#532172 Apr 26, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
June
Such a thing as the "Steady State" of the universe, was shown to be false in the last century.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steady_State_the...
For you, regrettably, science pretty much accepts the Big Bang. Apparently you go against science and religion. It sounds like a world of nonsense to me....Time for you to go to school child....
Peace
Oops.
concerned in Brasil

Europe

#532173 Apr 26, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
"the very low conservative estimate of some 40 million over 500 years"
Fringe whacko alert!!!!
Which Church father was an evangelical fundamentalist?
Anthony your appear to be a RC zealot bully with no respect for fair honest and open debate.

Keep digging your hole sunshine because every time the evidence gets posted and all you do is name call those reading along investigating the Claims of the RCC see your Sects claims for what they truly are, FALSE.

I appreciate your never ending help in showing the claims of the RCC to be False.

Truth Matters, Biblical Historical evidence trump school yard bully tactics everytime.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#532175 Apr 26, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Evidence? Your pentecostal preacher buddy has never read a single page of the Catechism while screaming with capital letters that it's full of lies. And you say "amen!".
Your catechism is worthless....says Scripture:

2Ti 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.{throughly...: or, perfected}

Prince George, Canada

#532176 Apr 26, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
So you stand with the President of North Korea!
Shameless sl*t
:o)
Now STOP THAT SULKING. I just want you to make Ramen accept the "fact" that he wanted animals of all sorts to suffer or he wouldn't have included suffering in his PLAN.

You are rather slow to catch on ... aren't you???

:)

Prince George, Canada

#532177 Apr 26, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
"... madness and mayhem and torture and terrorism as a DIRECT RESULT of what the CATHOLIC CHURCH HAS SOWN."
So when do we start killing the Catholics?
Coward. You talk and talk, yet you do NOTHING.
Are you afraid of Catholics?
I suggest that as a theologian who knows his god, you speaking straight truth from the mentality of Ramen.

On my behalf please ask Ramen to never reject those other devout believers to hell for not obeying him.

Thank you!

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#532178 Apr 26, 2014
--SPOONER-- wrote:
Good afternoon to all you good people.
I hope the day treats you kind.
@Pusherman.
Good afternoon today and yesterday too!! LOL
Good Afternoon to you as well..

Prince George, Canada

#532179 Apr 26, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
This is some of what the world is reaping from the Catholic Church today;
- Catholic Relief Services provides food, shelter, clothing, and material assistance to over 130 million people in 90 countries each year.
- 26% of all health care around the world is provided by Catholic institutions.
- the largest non-government school system in the world.
They took the money from their followers to begin with, and they only EVER gave a pittance back.

They taught you that GOD wanted you to tithe, but they led you astray to build their own kingdom on earth known as the Vatican BANK and all the other Catholic "businesses.

You are blind-sighted.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

The Incredible Book of Vatican Facts and Papal Curiosities … A treasury of Trivia, by Nino Lo Bello~ Published 1998.

How rich is the Vatican?

As one cardinal’s aide quipped not long ago,“The Vatican should truly be judged by the companies it keeps.”

Prince George, Canada

#532180 Apr 26, 2014
--SPOONER-- wrote:
<quoted text>
Good afternoon June.
Hope you are enjoying the weekend. The weather is nice here, been outside a good bit enjoying the sunshine.
Good afternoon! It's lovely here also, and I hope to soon go for a walk through the park and enjoy the beauty of nature, rather than thinking about the ugly, suffering side of nature.
concerned in Brasil

Europe

#532181 Apr 26, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok we will have to accept you just can't defend your assertions all you can do is come up with every excuse in the book why you won't debate in an honest and fair way.

And no I don't say amen I simply ask you to prove your case.

YOU SIMPLY REFUSE caps for emphasis

United States

#532182 Apr 26, 2014
Chuck wrote:
Telling a catholic they worship Mary is like telling an alcoholic they have a drinking problem
-
-
Liam wrote:
Bearing false witness to a fundamental is like breathing.
-
-
Liam: "Bearing false witness to a fundamental is like breathing."
-
So tell us something we don't know, Liam ... because bearing TRUE witness is something the Catholic Church has NEVER done. Ever.

Prince George, Canada

#532183 Apr 26, 2014
StarC wrote:
<quoted text>
Please no more "suggestions!" No one takes your suggestions anyway. LOL
Sorry but the liar is YOU!
Don't try to tell any Catholic when our Church started b/c YOU do not know one thing about our Church.
Our Church started on the day of the Pentecost, it had nothing to do with John baptizing Jesus. Keep it up we can give you the truth.Dummy!
Go to the link below you might learn something.:)
"For Christians, Pentecost is a holiday on which we commemorate the coming of the Holy Spirit on the early followers of Jesus. Before the events of the first Pentecost, which came a few weeks after Jesus’ death and resurrection, there were followers of Jesus, but no movement that could be meaningfully called “the church.” Thus, from an historical point of view, Pentecost is the day on which the church was started. This is also true from a spiritual perspective, since the Spirit brings the church into existence and enlivens it. Thus Pentecost is the church’s birthday.
What actually happened on that day of Pentecost?
This event is recorded in the New Testament book known as The Acts of the Apostles. Chapter 2 begins,“And when the day of Pentecost [ten hemeran tes pentekostes] had come,[the first followers of Jesus] were all together in one place”(2:1). "
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/markdroberts/ser...
If you were raised in Islam, you would be "preaching" at me what the Muslim theologians taught you was truth.

You were and ARE blind-sighted by how you were programmed in your Catholic cult.

Do you believe that the savior Krishna is going to come to earth to save the Hindus???

You won't answer THAT question ... will you ... oh self-perceived HOLY Catholic?

Prince George, Canada

#532184 Apr 26, 2014
StarC wrote:
Just heard CNN will show the canonization of our Popes Sunday starting at 4:AM not sure if that is Eastern time.(Also on EWTN)
God bless our Popes!
<><
Wacky theology

Do you believe that the god that still loves only the Jews "appreciates" the lies told by the popes???
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#532185 Apr 26, 2014
concerned in Brasil wrote:
<quoted text>
Anthony your appear to be a RC zealot bully with no respect for fair honest and open debate.
Keep digging your hole sunshine because every time the evidence gets posted and all you do is name call those reading along investigating the Claims of the RCC see your Sects claims for what they truly are, FALSE.
I appreciate your never ending help in showing the claims of the RCC to be False.
Truth Matters, Biblical Historical evidence trump school yard bully tactics everytime.
I love people like you from the Lunatic Fringe who make the "40, 60, 100 million murdered!!!!" statements, never back it up with anything other than another internet fringe lunatic's essay and then tell me I'm not facing the truth.

Here's a tip Einstein..NOT EVERYTHING YOUR READ ON THE INTERNET IS TRUE!
I think if losers like you stopped into a public library once in awhile and actually read a hardcover book or even ordered one online we'd have about 100 million less low information voters in this country.
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#532186 Apr 26, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest that as a theologian who knows his god, you speaking straight truth from the mentality of Ramen.
On my behalf please ask Ramen to never reject those other devout believers to hell for not obeying him.
Thank you!
I wish my God would send people who disagree with my beliefs straight to HELL.

Sadly, no true God would ever punish its own creation in such arbitrary ways.

My God is a God of justice and reason.

So I am left to sulk. Dang it.

Sometimes, I think it would be more fun to be a Christian or Muslim, so I could know who my true enemies are --- like other Christians and Muslims.

Ramen

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope discusses climate, immigrants in historic ... (Sep '15) 30 min WelbyMD 47
News Where Is the Place for Devout Gay Families in t... (Oct '15) Feb 17 True Christian wi... 49
News Vatican will finance adult stem cell research (Apr '10) Feb 12 Pessimistic1 29
News Prayers To Mother Mary 'Cured Lung Cancer' (Jan '10) Feb 11 Phart Girlishly 323
News Pope sings on CD for charity (Dec '09) Feb 11 Phart Musically 31
News Woman Knocks Over Pope Benedict XVI At Christma... (Dec '09) Feb 11 Phart Athletically 165
News Pope illuminates 'tree' via Tablet (Dec '11) Feb 11 Phart Seasonally 23
More from around the web