Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 687183 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#529662 Apr 16, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> Our Individualism guarantees each Interpretation will be different. There is no greater Religion than Truth..
Humans only have "concepts" of truth, and that is why these bible-thumpers keep fighting and preaching their own "renditions" of what they believe with certainty IS absolute truth ... AT each other.

They never stop preaching long enough to sit back ... take a breath ... and realize that if truth belonged to one "picture" ... they would all see the same picture, in the exact same way.

Instead of learning, they keep bragging ... "MY picture is the real picture of the one and only truth, and your picture is false."
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

con·cept

an abstract idea; a general notion.
"structuralism is a difficult concept"

https://www.google.ca/#q=concept+definition
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#529663 Apr 16, 2014
truth wrote:
in numbers 24
its deference secrets
yeeeeeeeeeeeee
perfect geometry
piuuuuuuuuuuuu piooooo piju piju see birds
piti=drink=ra;ki j a
pio
piju=bird
cvrk cvrk not exist as piju piju piju
pij=drink
piju=cvrk as bird
see two deference things
third things is deference too
yee
maybe they wiill have deference future see numbers 24
itas not me
npooooooo
its written long time before
who written who is know many prophets before
why they been abuse asulrt rest and killed
did you know who and which people do..
someone that who don't liked know whats will be happen..
yeeeeeeeee
byyyyy
when bird fly
did bird fall
nooooooooooo
Welcome back. Believe it or not, I missed your posts, even though I don't relate to them, as I wanted to know you were still with us.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#529664 Apr 16, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~~~
How can you attempt to teach the word of God...If you refuse to live by it?
You won't see your own arrogance until you start asking questions of your own attitude.

You use your favorite scriptures in your bible to look down on others as being offensive to the supposed god, and to your self as being the perfected LEADER.

And that is a very nasty habit that reinforces walls between you and others ... who in their own way have the same nasty arrogant habit.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#529665 Apr 16, 2014
<quoted text>
~~~
We all know whom the false prophet is...
I suggest you ask your self ... "Could 'I' be a false prophet and not be aware that I AM a false prophet?"

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#529666 Apr 16, 2014
YOU WROTE
Interesting how "everyone" of you bible only (self-appointed) Protestant preachers and teachers cannot reconcile ANY Biblical interpretation or historical truth among yourselves.
----
The foundation for the NEW TESTAMENT is in the OLD TESTAMENT...
It is not in the sordid history of the ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH..
JUDAISM can stand alone.....CHRISTIANITY FINDS IT'S FOUNDATION IN JUDAISM....
JESUS IS KNOW AS THE SON OF DAVID...
DAVID IS OF THE SEED OF ABRAHAM....
ONE CANNOT SEPARATE CHRISTIANITY FROM IT'S ROOTS....
ROMAN CATHOLIC
TEACHINGS RITUALS DOGMA CALISTHENICS AND CONJECTURE
HAS NO ROOTS IN THE OLD TESTAMENT...
ONLY THE FOUNDATION OF JESUS CHRIST GOD'S SON IS THERE...
Isa 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
Isa 9:7 Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this.
NO POPE
NO ROMAN DYNASTY
NO PAPAL SUCCESSORS IS FOUND .
NO FOUNDATION IS /FOR THESE, IS THERE.....
NOTHING MORE

~~~
THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH ..rejects the NEW TESTAMENT
YET attempted to parade itself as the ONLY NEW TESTAMENT .CHURCH.
WHILE
IT .is a separate entity from the OLD TESTAMENT...
FOR
there is NOTHING FOUND THERE....to give it any credibility..
~~~~~
JOHN BAPTIST WAS THE FORERUNNER OF CHRIST.
His words WHEN JESUS CAME UPON THE SCENE WAS :....HUMILITY
Joh 3:26 And they came unto John, and said unto him, Rabbi, he that was with thee beyond Jordan, to whom thou barest witness, behold, the same baptizeth, and all men come to him.
Joh 3:27 John answered and said, A man can receive nothing, except it be given him from heaven.
Joh 3:28 Ye yourselves bear me witness, that I said, I am not the Christ, but that I am sent before him.
Joh 3:29 He that hath the bride is the bridegroom: but the friend of the bridegroom, which standeth and heareth him, rejoiceth greatly because of the bridegroom's voice: this my joy therefore is fulfilled.
Joh 3:30 He must increase, but I must decrease.
Joh 3:31 He that cometh from above is above all: he that is of the earth is earthly, and speaketh of the earth: he that cometh from heaven is above all.
Joh 3:32 And what he hath seen and heard, that he testifieth; and no man receiveth his testimony.
Joh 3:33 He that hath received his testimony hath set to his seal that God is true.
Joh 3:34 For he whom God hath sent speaketh the words of God: for God giveth not the Spirit by measure unto him.
Joh 3:35 The Father loveth the Son, and hath given all things into his hand.
Joh 3:36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.
THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH ...ONLY WANTS TO VAUNT ..EXALT.... ITSELF
IT HAS NOT received JESUS' testimony NOR hath IT set to his seal that God is true.
Loveothers

Princeton, MA

#529667 Apr 16, 2014
I don't think Jesus was a Catholic but he made it to Heaven anyways. :)
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#529668 Apr 16, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> What part of "Individual Truth" don't you understand? do you need someone to tell you what Truth is? Outside of Individual Truth, others Truth is questionable. to say the least..Do you attend religious services to hear and know what truth is, or do you decide for yourself? Everything outside of self is suggestive, inside it is subjective to what our perception of Truth is (Individualism )
To learn that we don't have ownership concerning absolute truth, we need to correct our selves ... NOT others.

I suggest you try asking this question of yourself ... "If I don't see the same picture as others see ... what am I missing that I still need to learn???"
Regina

Toms River, NJ

#529669 Apr 16, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>lol, for explaining to every person on here what kind of a person that you are.
your comment to regina about my little grandsons picture is proof of that.
your soul is black as coal, and it shows on this forum. regina isn't dumb, she knows how you really feel about her and catholics. she treats you nice as a wedge between the rest of us.and you are to dumb to realize it.
love is something that you give to people and many of us know how biting your tongue is, and it shows no love towards anyone, you even acknowledge that your [big sister] is a liar on her testimony
Completely untrue. Typical Preston; only you could take something good and twist into something ugly. I don't have to drive any "wedges" between you or anyone else. You abused Marge (you still do) and I stepped in to stop it when no one else would. It was the right thing to do and that just kills you, so now you have to lie about my motives to make yourself feel better. Ain't gonna work, Preston, so leave me out of your squabbles. You people just love to gossip and fight and tittle-tattle back and forth to one another with your messages like school children. No thank you.
truth

Canning Vale, Australia

#529670 Apr 16, 2014
say not aware

be honest
when you become honest many prophets exist before after even today..

its written

your kids and oldest will have dreams and visions

see
its written
did you see there any name
noooooooooo
then

mind
its complex of issue to be explain which impact how as well why have impact as visions or dreams .
o what a great numbers.
why all of them for you is false prophets
truth

Canning Vale, Australia

#529671 Apr 16, 2014
I am very please hear last night o well Sydney going have new big huge airport.

gingin
wa
if you have money
or you can wait
10-20 years
land is good aset
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#529672 Apr 16, 2014
People that were/are taught that without them preaching the "gospel of 'TRUTH'" at others, others will end up in hells, find their selves in emotional traps of illusion.

They believe they must go out and save the people of the world from ending up in eternal hells.

That is the nature of religion. It creates turmoil rather peace.

Preachers (often with the most sincere intentions) keep on hammering others with words such as ... "You are all false prophets.'I' am a REAL prophet."

#529673 Apr 16, 2014
WHILE
FOR
~~~~~
Joh 3:26 And they came unto John, and said unto him, Rabbi, he that was with thee beyond Jordan, to whom thou barest witness, behold, the same baptizeth, and all men come to him.
Joh 3:27 John answered and said, A man can receive nothing, except it be given him from heaven.
Joh 3:28 Ye yourselves bear me witness, that I said, I am not the Christ, but that I am sent before him.
Joh 3:29 He that hath the bride is the bridegroom: but the friend of the bridegroom, which standeth and heareth him, rejoiceth greatly because of the bridegroom's voice: this my joy therefore is fulfilled.
Joh 3:31 He that cometh from above is above all: he that is of the earth is earthly, and speaketh of the earth: he that cometh from heaven is above all.
Joh 3:32 And what he hath seen and heard, that he testifieth; and no man receiveth his testimony.
Joh 3:33 He that hath received his testimony hath set to his seal that God is true.
Joh 3:34 For he whom God hath sent speaketh the words of God: for God giveth not the Spirit by measure unto him.
Joh 3:36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.
IT HAS NOT received JESUS' testimony NOR hath IT set to his seal that God is true.

~~~~
THERE IS A PROPHECY in the OLD TESTAMENT ABOUT JOHN BAPTIST..

Isa 40:3 The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the LORD, make straight in the desert a highway for our God.
Isa 40:4 Every valley shall be exalted, and every mountain and hill shall be made low: and the crooked shall be made straight, and the rough places plain:
Isa 40:5 And the glory of the LORD shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it.

THEIR IS NO PROPHECY ABOUT THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH IN THE OLD TESTAMENT..

THERE IS A PROPHECY ABOUT PENTECOSTALS IN THE OLD TESTAMENT..

Isa_28:11 For with stammering lips and another tongue will he speak to this people.

YET THERE IS NO PROPHECY ABOUT A ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH..

THE PROPHET SPOKE
Amo 3:7 Surely the Lord GOD will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets.
truth

Canning Vale, Australia

#529674 Apr 16, 2014
no you can read bible too
you can be preacher too

#529675 Apr 16, 2014
IN THE NEW TESTAMENT

THE APOSTLE PAUL GAVE A PROPHECY ABOUT THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH ..

HE WROTE..

2Ti 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

2Ti 4:4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#529676 Apr 16, 2014
Had the little boy been raised in a household with Atheist parents, his teaching would not be based on religion, and he would not even be aware of the word "heaven."

His parents no-doubt lead him to say what they wanted to hear.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

Heaven Is for Real

Heaven is for Real: A Little Boy's Astounding Story of His Trip to Heaven and Back is a 2010 New York Times best-selling Christian book written by Todd Burpo and Lynn Vincent. It was published by Thomas Nelson Publishers. The book documents the report of a near-death experience by Burpo's then-four-year-old son, Colton. The book tells how the boy began saying he had visited heaven.

Colton also claimed that he personally met Jesus riding a rainbow-colored horse and sat in Jesus' lap, while the angels sang songs to him.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heaven_Is_for_Re...
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#529677 Apr 16, 2014
Had Colton been born in a household of Muslims, he probably would have used terminology such as sitting on the lap of the Mahdi ... et cetera.

The human brain is robotic.

#529681 Apr 16, 2014
WHILE
FOR
~~~~~
~~~~
THERE IS A PROPHECY in the OLD TESTAMENT ABOUT JOHN BAPTIST..
Isa 40:3 The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the LORD, make straight in the desert a highway for our God.
Isa 40:4 Every valley shall be exalted, and every mountain and hill shall be made low: and the crooked shall be made straight, and the rough places plain:
Isa 40:5 And the glory of the LORD shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it.
THEIR IS NO PROPHECY ABOUT THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH IN THE OLD TESTAMENT..
THERE IS A PROPHECY ABOUT PENTECOSTALS IN THE OLD TESTAMENT..
Isa_28:11 For with stammering lips and another tongue will he speak to this people.
YET THERE IS NO PROPHECY ABOUT A ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH..
THE PROPHET SPOKE
Amo 3:7 Surely the Lord GOD will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets.
~~~
IT IS EASY TO JUDGE MY POST...
SUPPOSE YOU PROVE ME WRONG AND BY
GIVING BOOKS CHAPTERS AND VERSES FROM THE OLD TESTAMENT
THAT AUTHENTICATES A ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH....
ELSE YOU ARE JUST PROVING YOUR IGNORANCE...
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#529683 Apr 16, 2014
And I suggest you keep in mind that a four year-old boy doesn't have grasp of language to form sentences such as "I met Jesus riding on a rainbow-colored horse and sat in Jesus' lap."

His parents were/are planting that crop of thoughts in his mind.

And no doubt because his parent will keep reinforcing that terminology into Colton's mind, he will grow up believing that it was his own experience.

What a shame that humans are so eager to be deceptive.
Regina

Toms River, NJ

#529685 Apr 16, 2014
LAUDS -(Cont'd)

INTERCESSIONS

Let us pray to Christ our Savior, who redeemed us by his death and resurrection:
Lord, have mercy on us.

You went up to Jerusalem to suffer and so enter into your glory,
– bring your Church to the Passover feast of heaven.
Lord, have mercy on us.

You were lifted high on the cross and pierced by the soldier’s lance,
– heal our wounds.
Lord, have mercy on us.

You made the cross the tree of life,
– give its fruit to those reborn in baptism.
Lord, have mercy on us.

On the cross you forgave the repentant thief,
– forgive us our sins.
Lord, have mercy on us.

Our Father who art in heaven,
hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come.
Thy will be done on earth, as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us,
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.

Concluding Prayer

O God,
who willed your Son to submit
for our sake to the yoke of the Cross,
so that you might drive from us the power of the enemy,
grant us, your servants,
to attain the grace of the resurrection.
Through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son,
who lives and reigns with you in the unity of the Holy Spirit,
one God, for ever and ever.
– Amen.

May the Lord bless us,
protect us from all evil and bring us to everlasting life.
– Amen.
Regina

Toms River, NJ

#529686 Apr 16, 2014
A little bit about the Liturgy of the Hours (the Divine Office), the "official"prayer of the Church:

“SEVEN TIMES A DAY I PRAISE YOU.”– Psalm 118(119):164

The Lord has commanded us to pray without ceasing, and this is what the Hours help us do.

MORNING PRAYER – at the start of the day's work and the coming of the light.

DAYTIME PRAYER – at mid-morning, noon and in the afternoon, to unite us with the one for whom and through whom we are working.

EVENING PRAYER – at the end of the day's work, to offer up what we have done.

NIGHT PRAYER – last thing at night, to commend our souls to God.

And finally, there is the magnificent OFFICE OF READINGS, at whatever time of day is best for us to reflect on the mystery of salvation, with the help of Scripture and the writings of the Fathers of the Church.

“The purpose of the Divine Office is to sanctify the day and all human activity.”– Apostolic Constitution, Canticum Laudis.

The Liturgy of the Hours is the richest single prayer resource of the Christian Church, with prayers, psalms and readings for each of the Hours, changing each day and through the [liturgical] seasons.

“The Office is... the prayer not only of the clergy but of the whole People of God.”– Apostolic Constitution, Canticum Laudis.
http://www.universalis.com/index.htm

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) 23 hr Tom Fontaine 42
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Mon JAXON 10,631
News Catholic clergy fires back after Bannon criticism Sep 11 South Knox Hombre 1
News Evangelical Trump supporters want meeting with ... Aug '17 Ms Sassy 1
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Aug '17 -Prince Of Darkness- 84,839
News Pope 'loves China', Vatican official says on tr... Aug '17 Harold 2
News Pope Francis accepts resignation of Boston Auxi... Jul '17 Anti- 2
More from around the web