Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 668027 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#529529 Apr 15, 2014
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Little AnthonyMN and the Imperials said, quote, "How's things today Mike. Feeling any better? Prepared to answer why a militant atheist/agnostic such as yourself chooses to discriminate against Catholics and not other Christians?" End quote.
Romans are not Christians. Romans are just Romans. Do we call a dog a cat? Of course not, therefore we cannot call a Roman a Christian. As cats and dogs differ so do Romans and Christians. Thank you, OldJG.
The "we who cannot call Roman a Christian" group you belong to represent an ignorant bunch loosely associated with the Westboro Baptists and the KKK. A child cannot deny their mother, no matter how much you try Old Jug. When you grow up you'll realize that. Hey, were you there at the Synagogue with your associate the other day?
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#529530 Apr 15, 2014
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Little AnthonyMN and the Imperials said, quote, "How's things today Mike. Feeling any better? Prepared to answer why a militant atheist/agnostic such as yourself chooses to discriminate against Catholics and not other Christians?" End quote.
Romans are not Christians. Romans are just Romans. Do we call a dog a cat? Of course not, therefore we cannot call a Roman a Christian. As cats and dogs differ so do Romans and Christians. Thank you, OldJG.
BTW, are YOU feeling better today? Have you been able to find the courage to tell me how one gets saved yet?
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#529531 Apr 15, 2014
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
You've misunderstood my request.
I didn't ask you to post what men have written in relations to being excommunicated....I asked you to provide a link to a source that shows this act actually occurred.
But like I knew - you couldn't so you diverted with the CCC.
Would you like to try again, and this time, please stay focussed.
It's automatic. It's self inflicted. Are you so naive as to think the Catholic Church doesn't have the authority to decide who get's automatically excommunicated from the Catholic Church?
hojo

Waconia, MN

#529533 Apr 15, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
That is the trash you regurgitate when asked who built the churches listed in Scripture...why the seven churches in Rev are not referred to as Catholic...why your NABre doe not show "church" as being Catholic..
And you have the gall to stand flat-footed, buck-tooth, and goggle eyes, and swear you have answered my questions..
You are a liar....you have responded to my questions...but you have never answered them..
I only respond to heretics only once ---(Oops that is 3times now)----just to re- assure them tthat they are still heretics!!!!
Liam

Detroit, MI

#529534 Apr 15, 2014
OldJG wrote:
What about a Maronite Church or Byzantine rite Catholic or a Greek Catholic or Orthodox, are they Christian? Or is it only those of us "Roman Catholics?".
I'll answer for u: "duh, um duh da bible say uh deh hmmm, eh duh, what is a Maronite Church?
They are not Roman Catholics, oldjg. Their diocese was founded by the Apostles Batholomew and James. There are 3 million Maronite Catholics in this world who practice the Antiochian rite. The Catholic Church in Rome was founded by Peter and Paul, and we practice the Latin/Roman rite.
www.ewtn.com/experts/answers/catholic_rites_a...

At least know who you hate, you ignorant old fella you.
Liam

Detroit, MI

#529535 Apr 15, 2014
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
When you are celebrating this Easter season think on this. Do you ever read the very verses you quote. Isaiah 53:6, "All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned—every one—to his own way; and the LORD has laid on him the iniquity of us all."
Why did the Lord lay on Jesus the iniquity of us all? It was to save us. Jesus Christ suffered beyond anything we can imagine to save the sheep who have gone astray. Those sheep are you and me. But in your divine wisdom you tell the poor souls on this forum that His suffering for them was not enough to save them. You tell them they must hang on until the end and if they cannot somehow hang on to the end the eternal life Jesus died to give them will be lost and they will go to hell.
You are a spiritual schizophrenic. Your theology tells you one day you are in the family of God and the next day you are not. In...out...in...out...in...out . Do you think anything you do or anything you say surprises God. Does God in heaven ever say, "Wow, I didn't see that one coming." Or, "We need to have an emergency meeting to discuss what confrinting in the word just did." No. God knew what He was getting when He got you and if you believe in Him you will NEVER perish.
Our salvation is not based on what we do but on what HE has already done!
We are witnessing the Great Topix Schism of the Protestants. Marge, Chuck and Oldgg of the western rite born againers. Confrint and Preston of the eastern rite born againers. Ox is with himself.

The birth of OSAS happened in the garden of Eden when the Devil told Eve: "don't worry about it, you're still saved. You won't die".
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#529536 Apr 15, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
What about a Maronite Church or Byzantine rite Catholic or a Greek Catholic or Orthodox, are they Christian? Or is it only those of us "Roman Catholics?".
I'll answer for u: "duh, um duh da bible say uh deh hmmm, eh duh, what is a Maronite Church?
They are not Roman Catholics, oldjg. Their diocese was founded by the Apostles Batholomew and James. There are 3 million Maronite Catholics in this world who practice the Antiochian rite. The Catholic Church in Rome was founded by Peter and Paul, and we practice the Latin/Roman rite.
www.ewtn.com/experts/answers/catholic_rites_a...
At least know who you hate, you ignorant old fella you.
I have a buddy who's a Maronite Catholic and attends St. Maron's in Nordeast. His reply was "what in THE heck are these fundamentalist idiots talking about..?"
Michael

Canada

#529537 Apr 15, 2014
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey! Don't associate poster Anthony with a great singer. I
Remember all his songs from 50s/60s. Little Anthony was live on 60s on 6 last Sunday night with Cousin Brucie XM radio.

....the poster Anthony, its probably not his real name. HOJO,s name, is his real name. Imagine naming your baby Hojo.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#529538 Apr 15, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you were wrong ... weren't you?
I don't pretend to be ALL THAT to any body to try to impress them.
If I did, they would soon enough spot the holes in my flamboyant stories.
June for 70 years you pretend to be a Christian . I would never accuse you of being flamboyant , just a faker.

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#529539 Apr 15, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree 100%. Make that 10,000%
The biggest problem I see is that the only copies I could find are written in the 1700's vernacular - which is a very tough read.
I think it would be wonderful to have an updated version done in modern English. The meaning would be the same and most people could read both in a couple of hours.
If you are aware of an up-dated, modernized version, please provide a link.
No better read for any American, young or old.
Ramen
I'm working on it as fast as I can.
Michael

Canada

#529540 Apr 15, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Cannon 977 and 1378.
How's things today Mike. Feeling any better? Prepared to answer why a militant atheist/agnostic such as yourself chooses to discriminate against Catholics and not other Christians?
....another frustrating post from the catholic ambassador.(lol)

...What a great blessed day I had! Did some painting and cement work. I like physical work, sorry you don't.

...Tomorrow looks like another blessed day.,...they just keep rolling along.

Jumper The Wise

Morgantown, KY

#529541 Apr 15, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
Since I discarded religion, I see things in a whole new way.
I accept that suffering of all forms of life exists and that there was no intent to make my husband suffer all these years in my presents,but I'm just mean that way.Oh well.
I belive that much June.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#529542 Apr 15, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
....another frustrating post from the catholic ambassador.(lol)
...What a great blessed day I had! Did some painting and cement work. I like physical work, sorry you don't.
...Tomorrow looks like another blessed day.,...they just keep rolling along.
Sounds great Mike. And Wow!!! I think we've made a healthy breakthrough on your obsessive compulsive Catholic bashing...not one anti-Catholic word in this post!

Keep it up little buddy, I know you can do it!(fingers crossed)
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#529543 Apr 15, 2014
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh dear Gif have you not read my many posts on how much born-agains suffer for their sin? Where is Ltm she suffered horribly with gambling, the sin in my own marriage has made both me and my husband suffer greatly, we thank God alone we have that worked out.
I have always said a born-again will suffer or even die if they continue in sin.
In the true Gospel though born-agains will still go to heaven, maybe lose their rewards, but still heaven.
Hi Marge how are you, your right I suffered terrible with gambling . I am glad to say that desire is no more God has replace all I have lost because of it then some.
If I had have let go and let God do what He does best in the heart and soul of a people ,it would have been gone sooner.
I stopped gambling for 3 years after I was saved, and like a fool I went back, and walked away from God I back slide and spent along time rebelling ., I was worse the second time then the first just like the Bible said, would happen, I sold my furniture near starved my poor husband, why he stayed with me I will never know thank God he did.
It took something terrible to bring me back to God, We can not continue in sin and walk with God Marge, we fail and some time rebel, but we can not stay in that fallen state, and walk with God.
To knowingly sin against God is a fallen state, the torment you feel afterwards is separation from God, there is a grieving state one goes through.
If we stay in that state, Marge and not turn from our sinful ways we will be lost.
Believing in God is not salvation, we must repent, which means to changes our ways.
Michael

Canada

#529544 Apr 15, 2014
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
You've misunderstood my request.
I didn't ask you to post what men have written in relations to being excommunicated....I asked you to provide a link to a source that shows this act actually occurred.
But like I knew - you couldn't so you diverted with the CCC.
Would you like to try again, and this time, please stay focussed.
...I don't know of 1 catholic who has stated they have done wrong and are excommunicated.

..wouldn't one believe mysteriously the holy spirit would stop the excommunicated at the front of the church so they couldn't enter, or cripple their legs so they couldn't go up to receive the eucharist?.

Nope!.........All are welcome as parish priests usually say.
Michael

Canada

#529545 Apr 15, 2014
[QUOTE who="ReginaM."]<q uoted text>
A lot of people misunderstand excommunication. This might help:
"Being excommunicated from the Catholic Church is widely misunderstood: It doesn't mean that you're banned from church and stripped of your Catholicism. Rather, excommunication is a strong, remedial penalty meted out with the hope that it'll wake you up and move you to true repentance — and back into full communion with the faithful. In short, it's reversible.
Excommunication is the most severe form of ecclesiastical penalty and is used only as an absolute last resort. Excommunicants remain Catholic because of baptism and still obligated to attend Mass, but they are deprived of all sacraments (except for the Sacrament of Penance). For example, you can go to Mass but not receive the Holy Eucharist."
http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/catholi...
With regard to abortion, one must be aware of the fact that it carries the penalty of excommunication. Also, in most dioceses it can be lifted by the priest in the Sacrament of Confession.[/QUOTE]

ReginaM.

...So Anthony is wrong .......again.

,....He believed it meant forever. How silly.
hojo

Waconia, MN

#529546 Apr 15, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
...Hey! You forgot my name.
Sorry I missed you Michael! Hope your having a good day !!!

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#529547 Apr 15, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Yoda, you crack me up.
Also, you are a Catholic per your baptismal certificate....it is not a choice you make...its the only way they can hope in keeping some of the pews occupied with a few sitters!!!!

If you leave the religion, you are marked a black sheep...bound for hell because they teach only Catholics go to Heaven.....imagine that!!!!!! Christ was God's last sacrificial Lamb, so that whosoever believe on Him would be saved....any idea why He changed His mind????

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#529548 Apr 15, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
I only respond to heretics only once ---(Oops that is 3times now)----just to re- assure them tthat they are still heretics!!!!
I are not a heretic.....am a son of God...

You do respond...with trash talk....but never with an answer, because you would be, in your own words, admitting that you are a liar...

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#529549 Apr 15, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
June
The purpose of religion is for someone to learn and use it. Some don't. I can't make them ....
(You can lead a horse to water but can't make him drink.)
You were the horse that lead your neighing self into Atheism, until you were scared out of your wits that you would miss out on salvation where you in turn galloped your horse-sense back into Catholicism and slammed the door shut hoping the devil didn't see you leave.

My apologies to horses for using them as a metaphor.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News DeGeneres says her show is no place for anti-ga... 16 hr Alt Right Sucks 334
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Fri Married in 10,389
News Dr Zakir Naik invites Pope Benedict XVI for ope... (Oct '06) Jan 14 Serah 14,364
News 7 reasons why Friday the 13th is considered an ... Jan 14 True Christian wi... 3
News Women should breastfeed in church, Pope Francis... Jan 11 Jeremy 3
News Pope Francis Affirms Evolution and Big Bang Theory (Jul '15) Dec 30 Dogen 508
News Preview: The Pope's Choir Dec '16 KenJr26 1
More from around the web