Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 596510 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#529149 Apr 14, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
So instead, you just criticize, be-rate and attempt to undermine the faith of other Christians whether they be Catholic or Protestant --which is your own atheistic (smoke screened) justified way of "fighting"!!!!
Then, close your mind.

Or you could simply ignore her?

Or live your faith, instead of sitting here all day and talking about it.

Maybe if you actually lived it in some meaningful way, it wouldn't be so vulnerable.

Think about it.

Ramen

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#529150 Apr 14, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
Don't let the faith-alone fundies fool you -- more ways to be saved.
And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.-- Revelation 20:12-13
Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also transform themselves into ministers of righteousness, whose end will be according to their works.-- 2 Corinthians 11:15
The Father, who without partiality judges according to each one's work.-- 1 Peter 1:17
What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?-- James 2:14, 17, 20, 24, 26
I will give unto every one of you according to your works.-- Revelation 2:23
Behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work.-- Revelation 22:12
Burn your work.
If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.-- 1 Corinthians 3:15
Work it out with fear and trembling.
Work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.-- Philippians 2:12
Be hungry now and never get full.
Blessed are ye that hunger now: for ye shall be filled.... Woe unto you that are full! for ye shall hunger.-- Luke 6:21, 24
Hunger and thirst after righteousness.
Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.-- Matthew 5:6
Do what is lawful and right.
When the wicked man turneth away from his wickedness ... and doeth that which is lawful and right, he shall save his soul.-- Ezekiel 18:27
Do nothing. Die in Adam; come alive in Christ.
For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.-- 1 Corinthians 15:22
All of those supposed holy books in all religions are a handy-man's way of justifying brutality against others.

To have even a semblance of kindness in their behaviors, they would have to lay down those books and admit to not knowing answers. And I suggest THAT will not occur.

They idolize, as did Billy Graham, the power they feel when they believe they are serving "God, or "gods."

Arrogant fools.

Prince George, Canada

#529151 Apr 14, 2014
<quoted text>
Interesting, I didn't know that.
"Perhaps typical of the Curia's way of doing things is that the Vatican's denunciation of Copernican theory was withdrawn as far back as 1835--whereas Galileo's conviction stuck until just recently."
Justice, morality, ethics -- the RCC is certainly no standard bearer.
Not as wacky as the born-agains, if that is some consultation for the "one true" thingy.
I suggest that when they believe they are speaking messages from gods, they all go wacky.

By the way ... I wonder what happened to the poster truth with a small t?

I hope she's okay.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#529152 Apr 14, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
...You think you are an ambassador (lol) and the color guard for the catholic church putting down and insulting anyone not catholic.
....... Is your parish priest on topix forums arguing catholicism every night? Of course not he is probably having a margarita talking to his friend priests on Facebook planning their summer holidays together, as you the catholic ambassador argue catholicism as your priest is laughing and enjoying the lifelong security of his position.
......life is good for me and that bothers you.
As a militant atheist/agnostic spending night and day on this board trashing the Catholic Church while remaining silent about protestantism, it tells me life isn't so good for you. If it was, you'd either walk away from here laughing and go enjoy it OR at least be an equal opportunity Christian basher like all the other atheists. No, I think you're hiding something. I think you're a bit worried and have real doubts of your atheism and that when the time comes you'll regret walking away from the faith. And I think this trash talk is really an effort to justify what you did and an attempt at convincing yourself you've done the right thing.

Prove to me I'm wrong Mike.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#529153 Apr 14, 2014
Our Daily Bread

Mistaken Identity

Read: Matthew 16:13-20

He said to them,“But who do you say that I am?”—Matthew 16:15

Bible in a Year:
1 Samuel 25-26; Luke 12:32-59

Jesus questioned the Pharisees about His identity:“What do you think about the Christ? Whose Son is He?” They replied,“The Son of David”(Matt. 22:42). The identity of Messiah was critical, and their answer was correct but incomplete. The Scriptures had affirmed that Messiah would come and reign on the throne of His father David. But Jesus reminded them that though David would be Christ’s ancestor, He would also be more—David referred to Him as “Lord.”

Faced with a similar question, Peter rightly answered,“You are the Christ, the Son of the living God”(Matt. 16:16). Still today, the question of Jesus’ identity rises above the rest in significance—and it is eternally important that we make no mistake in understanding who He is.
Frail children of dust, and feeble as frail,
In Thee do we trust, nor find Thee to fail;
Thy mercies how tender, how firm to the end,
Our Maker, Defender, Redeemer, and Friend.—Grant

No mistake is more dangerous than mistaking the identity of Jesus.

Insight
The place where Jesus asked His disciples the question about His identity was significant, for it was at Caesarea Philippi (v.13), a center of worship for Baal, the Greek god Pan, and the emperor. Jesus first asked what others were saying about His identity (vv.13-14). He then made it personal, directing the question to His own disciples:“Who do you say that I am?”(v.15). To the world, Jesus was merely a great man, such as John the Baptist, Elijah, or Jeremiah (v.14). But Peter got it right:“You are the Christ, the Son of the living God”(v.16).

Prince George, Canada

#529154 Apr 14, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
You wrote:
When people believe they know truth ... NOTHING will stand in their way to spread what they are convinced is truth all over the world.
Yeah, June.....it is called the Great Commission....
And of course YOU are the Great Commissioner ... RIGHT??? Just one step from being rewarded (for all your hard work of preaching) with eternal bliss!

You learn nothing from the antics of the giggling dalai lama, who also believes he will be rewarded with Nirvana ... which is the equivalent of the Christian fantasy of heaven ... total bliss, while according to him, others meet with much well-deserved suffering.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

Mara, the Evil One.

Evil is personified in Mara, the Buddhist Devil, who represents temptation, sin, and death. He is identified with Namuche, one of the wicked demons in Indian mythology

http://www.sacred-texts.com/evil/hod/hod10
abc

Carlingford, Australia

#529155 Apr 14, 2014
Goths becoming Christian, was that even physically possible, is that even possible.

The one and only true church of Satan is the Catholic church, everyone knows that. I feel sorry for protestants for being geographically isolated from orthodoxy but quite right to protest.

Catholicism made so many changes to the original Christian model it was ridiculous. It was all made to match their white power culture and maintain their pagan traditions. I'm sure this has been mentioned a few times in the 500k + messages but I believe that idolatry has been established for quite some time now in the west.

Prince George, Canada

#529157 Apr 14, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
...If your not guaranteed salvation why worry trying to impress God as you think you are doing.
Hojo believes that in ORDER to impress "God" ... he has to warn others that if they are not Catholic, they will spend eternity in hell.

The theologians were very cunning with the "messages" they allotted to their followers in the hopes that the followers would be persuaded to believe that the messages came from a god or gods

Truth should not need middle-men mucking about with conflicting war-creating dogmas.

People in religion choose to stay blind-sighted.

Prince George, Canada

#529158 Apr 14, 2014
abc wrote:
Goths becoming Christian, was that even physically possible, is that even possible.
Promise people they are saved from eternal suffering and they will join the cults by the score.
hojo

Chanhassen, MN

#529159 Apr 14, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
......life is good for me and that bothers you.
You are clearly an "insecure agnostic/atheist" who has an (uncontrollable) habitual "fettish" for undermining the faith and salvation of other Christians -- especially Catholics!--24/7 on this forum!!........
If life is so good as you say --then why do you have this " uncontrollable need" to spread distorted and manipulated " liberal anti-Catholic statistics that do not represent ANYTHING current regarding the New Evangalization and growth of the Catholic Church. Does " getting revenge" make you feel good Michael??? Is that what it is ???Is it because that this "life is good" (smoke screen)and " feel good stuff" must have to be "re-inforced and fed" each day with this never ending" hostility, hate and vengeance that you have built up against Jesus Christ Himself and The Catholic Church. Why don't both you and June just go and live your empty--"nothing-ness " lives on one of the World War II Pacific Island such as Iwo Jima in which every combat soldier that survive said "I have NEVER seen an atheist or agnostic in a fox-hole yet!!!!!----Grow up Michael!!!!

Prince George, Canada

#529160 Apr 14, 2014
abc wrote:
If the Goths were born first into a Christian household, they are probably just going back to their original religious training.

I suggest that many teenagers join up with the Goths because they think it is a radical change from what they were taught, and teenagers often like to shock their parents.

But once they work through the teenage years many come around to believe mom and dad were right in the first place.

Many Christians also join the flamboyant Wiccan cults ... to later slide back into Christianity which was the indoctrination of their childhood.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#529161 Apr 14, 2014
<quoted text>
Only a few verse? FOOL. The Bible gives about 200 ways to be saved.
http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/says_about/...
Such a small list from you is shameful. It sounds like you DO NOT WANT others to be saved.
Come to the lite of honesty.
Ramen
~~~

JESUS SAID THERE IS ONLY ONE WAY...AND IT IS HIM...

YOUR 199 OTHER WAYS ARE NON EXISTENT....

Joh_14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life:

no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

JESUS SAID

Joh 10:1 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.

Joh 10:2 But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep.

Joh 10:3 To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.

Joh 10:4 And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.
Joh 10:5 And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.
hojo

Chanhassen, MN

#529162 Apr 14, 2014
<quoted text>
Then, close your mind.
Or you could simply ignore her?
Think about it.
Ramen
So why don' t YOU ignore her and quit "finger-point preaching"!!
Think about it !!
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#529163 Apr 14, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
IT ONLY TOOK ONE DISOBEDIENCE UPON MOSES PART ..FOR HIM TO FORFEIT HIS PRIVILEGE TO CROSS THE JORDAN RIVER...
Num 20:10 And Moses and Aaron gathered the congregation together before the rock, and he said unto them, Hear now, ye rebels; must we fetch you water out of this rock?
Num 20:11 And Moses lifted up his hand, and with his rod he smote the rock twice: and the water came out abundantly, and the congregation drank, and their beasts also.
Num 20:12 And the LORD spake unto Moses and Aaron, Because ye believed me not,
to sanctify me in the eyes of the children of Israel, therefore ye shall not bring this congregation into the land which I have given them.
THIS IS THE REASON THAT JUDE WROTE ABOUT MOSES
Jud 1:9 Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee.
~~~~~
WHEN YOU PRACTICE OSAS ...IN YOU DISOBEDIENCE.....YOU
DO NOT SANCTIFY THE LORD IN THE EYES OF OTHERS,,,
YOUR TESTIMONY IS WORTHLESS....AND YOU FORFEIT YOUR
BLESSING..
Apparently you are living your life under the law. So be it for you. Can you keep the law? As for me I will live my life "saved" by His grace and my faith. Anything other than Once Saved Always Saved is a lie from the pits of hell.
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#529164 Apr 14, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
JESUS SAID THERE IS ONLY ONE WAY...AND IT IS HIM...
YOUR 199 OTHER WAYS ARE NON EXISTENT....
Joh_14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life:
no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
JESUS SAID
Joh 10:1 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.
Joh 10:2 But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep.
Joh 10:3 To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.
Joh 10:4 And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.
Joh 10:5 And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.
The Bible says a lot more than that, but you only see what you want to see.

If believing your big, bad god sends, poor, innocent peasants in rural China to Hell, torturing them for all eternity because they never knew about Jesus, then you are a sicko.

That is unjust and mean spirited.

Prince George, Canada

#529165 Apr 14, 2014
Preachers of religions all want to believe that they were personally called by the holy god to preach, and that other preachers that disagree with their personalized dogmas were lead by the devil to preach lies.

Amazing!
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#529166 Apr 14, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
So why don' t YOU ignore her and quit "finger-point preaching"!!
Think about it !!
Because I don't view her as a threat, as do you.

I ask again - why not LIVE YOUR FAITH, instead of sitting here all day talking about it?

The answer may be that you don't TRULY believe, so you just give it lip service.

Lip service, or the words of Jesus? You have made the call. But is it the right one?

Ramen

Prince George, Canada

#529167 Apr 14, 2014
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
I will live my life "saved" by His grace and my faith. Anything other than Once Saved Always Saved is a lie from the pits of hell.
:)

A woman, whose immediate family faithfully attends church, told her young daughter the following,“Your grandparents were very intelligent people. They chose to belong to a religion where, once saved, always saved! Now that is the best insurance policy a person can have.”
abc

Carlingford, Australia

#529168 Apr 14, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If the Goths were born first into a Christian household, they are probably just going back to their original religious training.
I suggest that many teenagers join up with the Goths because they think it is a radical change from what they were taught, and teenagers often like to shock their parents.
But once they work through the teenage years many come around to believe mom and dad were right in the first place.
Many Christians also join the flamboyant Wiccan cults ... to later slide back into Christianity which was the indoctrination of their childhood.
I was referring to the Gothic people from the middle ages. They actually sacked Rome early on and became prominent across Europe. Actually Eastern Rome had the only true Roman bloodline that remained in power till 1500 or so. Either way orthodoxy did not allow for the worship of Caesar or changes made to the race of Jesus from a southern to a more Germanic European. I don't know my history well enough to quote more than that, but it was those same people that persecuted Christians and still do today, how can they be persecuted by whom and how when it's not in human nature for that to happen?

I think one great misconception is that Chrisitan people should be weak in character and be loving as in an outward expression of love from the heart, because that contradicts with what the bible says in that the heart is wicked and self-serving. So overall I think Germans may have a lot of heart, very nice people, even Americans very nice and happy people, but they're not well-guarded they have a fundamental misunderstanding on how to behave as Christians.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#529169 Apr 14, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Marge,
Why are we being told this???
1 Corinthians 10:12
12 So, if you think you are standing firm, be careful that you don’t fall!
Last two words.....DON'T FALL....
So it is possible to forget what God has revealed to us and to allow these most precious things to even depart from our heart.
Can a Christian depart from God in our hearts???
ABSOLUTELY!!!!
Can a Christian fall back into the world???
ABSOLUTELY!!!
Does God give us FREE WILL???
ABSOLUTELY!!!
Does God hold us at gun point to continue to follow him???
NO!!!!!!!!!!
Let me ask this question. When does a saved person receive eternal life? Just answer this simple question and all of the other questions regarding Once Saved Always Saved will be meaningless.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 1 hr Gee Tee 9,535
News Cuba's Havana Archbishop, Cardinal Jaime Ortega... 7 hr LIGERPUROMARICO 4
News Ecuador, first stop on Pope tour, highlights en... 23 hr Mark 1
News James Inhofe to Pope Francis: Shut up with your... Jun 30 2all 42
News Milwaukee Art Museum's embrace of condom portra... Jun 29 The Anti- Islamist 1
News Pope's Leaked Encyclical on Climate Change Has ... Jun 26 Buybull Mullahs 6
News Global warming deniers unimpressed with pope's ... Jun 26 Earthling-1 118
More from around the web