Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 687263 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Regina

Toms River, NJ

#529500 Apr 15, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Pretty sure this poster knows it but prefers to play to the audience.
Have a very Blessed Holy Week Regina.
Maybe so, but she sounded exactly like a fundamentalist. In fact, I had to double check to be sure she wasn't. Or was she? Some things die hard. ;)

Thank you, Anthony, the very same to you and your family.
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#529501 Apr 15, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
At any one time its easy to judge others, I suppose when one sees a lack of growth, a person questions, "What is this person doing with their life?", but it isn't until that last moment before death that one realizes eternity awaits....
Do you spot a lack of "growth" in others ... or do you see that your religion just might be stunting you growth???

At one time you stated that religion is based on fear.

Now you are anxious to preach Christianity as guiding your pathway to eternal bliss.

I suggest you afraid of going to hell if you don't believe that Jesus is your savior.

And THAT is FEAR.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#529502 Apr 15, 2014
If Christians trusted that there is no hell, or devil, there would be nothing to fear concerning an after-life.

Nothing whatsoever.

All that would be there waiting, would be a god of divine and pure love, who would keep his invisible arms open to ALL ... not just Catholics or Protestants.

Crapology.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#529503 Apr 15, 2014
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Please provide a link to your evidence "of a woman being excommunicated" because of what you claim will happen.
Or is this excommunication, just a mind-f**k from those who promote it to those who commit the act?
I think your story is bologna. I've never heard of any Catholic being excommunicated. Surely there are no formalities.
Then again - you like to promote contradiction within your religion.....
Catholicism - "Repent and come home"
For a person to have an abortion, and then they repent their act, seems to mean that they did everything required.
But yet you still think the so-called Catholic "Church" won't forgive certain people at certain times.
But when you compare it to the pedophile priests - it becomes a whole different ballgame of keeping a blind-eye.
You are a fraud.
NASL

I think in this case excommunication in the RC sense is like the OSAS problem in the Protestant sense. But the RC has defined it.

The act of committing a mortal sin automatically "latae sententiae" excommunicates a person.(Or in Protestant terms one looses their "saved" status.)

More info:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Excommunication

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_deadly_sin...

Peace
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#529504 Apr 15, 2014
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe so, but she sounded exactly like a fundamentalist.
Fundamentalists are under the spell of religion. That would be YOU.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

fun·da·men·tal·ism (f&#365;n&#8242;d& #601;-m&#277;n&#8242;t l-&#301;z&#8242;&# 601;m)

n.

A usually religious movement or point of view characterized by a return to fundamental principles, by rigid adherence to those principles, and often by intolerance of other views and opposition to secularism.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/fundamentali...
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#529505 Apr 15, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>how stupid are you? the answer is well known to everyone on this forum but oxbore and marge..
"Paul states and asks a question.
[shall we continue in sin that Grace may abound, God forbid] a clear statement that God is against OSAS.
Synonyms for abound
verb exist in abundance
flourish
proliferate
thrive
crowd
flow
overflow
swell
teem
be alive with
be all over the place
be knee deep in
be no end to
be plentiful
be thick with
be up to one's ears in
his word [over extend] was not quite accurate but none the less is applicable in this sense.
for God to overlook sin unrepented would indeed cause Him to over extend the love that He has for us. we have people like Stanley, rogers and the like to blame for this division between Christians. as God punished those false teacher and prophets in the OT, the same will happen to them. for it is Ordained that WE who Preach the Gospel must also live it. living it means that we MUST be truthful and not deviate from what He Says.
atemcowboy said, quote, "his word [over extend] was not quite accurate but none the less is applicable in this sense. for God to overlook sin unrepented would indeed cause Him to over extend the love that He has for us. we have people like Stanley, rogers and the like to blame for this division between Christians. as God punished those false teacher and prophets in the OT, the same will happen to them. for it is Ordained that WE who Preach the Gospel must also live it. living it means that we MUST be truthful and not deviate from what He Says." End quote.

Ask yourself this question. Can God see my sin or your sin through the blood of Jesus?

You call Adrian Rogers a false prophet and you are nothing more than a low life fast living pathetic so-called man of God. On your best day your Biblical knowledge and testimony could not make a pimple on the rear end of this great man of God. You may be ordained but your ordination did not come from the Holy Spirit. Quit lying to saved people who can see through you for the fake you truly are. Any saved person knows the power of God to save and keep them saved.

Instead of just dancing around the OSAS issue why don't you provide the name of any person who was ever saved twice. Not the tale of your lost daddy but the name of anyone who was saved twice. If anyone was saved twice then Jesus Christ must be crucified twice. Well, was Jesus Christ crucified twice?

Nobody Jesus died to save and is covered by His blood can lose their salvation. NOBODY! If that person could lose their salvation then the power of satan is greater than the power in the shed blood of Jesus. Well atemcowboy, is the power of satan greater than the shed blood of Jesus?
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#529506 Apr 15, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
The act of committing a mortal sin automatically "latae sententiae" excommunicates a person.(Or in Protestant terms one looses their "saved" status.)
Your Catholic hierarchy thought they could take away salvation from others at their own say-so.

BULLIES in god-garb.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#529507 Apr 15, 2014
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
atemcowboy said, quote, "his word [over extend] was not quite accurate but none the less is applicable in this sense. for God to overlook sin unrepented would indeed cause Him to over extend the love that He has for us. we have people like Stanley, rogers and the like to blame for this division between Christians. as God punished those false teacher and prophets in the OT, the same will happen to them. for it is Ordained that WE who Preach the Gospel must also live it. living it means that we MUST be truthful and not deviate from what He Says." End quote.
Ask yourself this question. Can God see my sin or your sin through the blood of Jesus?
You call Adrian Rogers a false prophet and you are nothing more than a low life fast living pathetic so-called man of God. On your best day your Biblical knowledge and testimony could not make a pimple on the rear end of this great man of God. You may be ordained but your ordination did not come from the Holy Spirit. Quit lying to saved people who can see through you for the fake you truly are. Any saved person knows the power of God to save and keep them saved.
Instead of just dancing around the OSAS issue why don't you provide the name of any person who was ever saved twice. Not the tale of your lost daddy but the name of anyone who was saved twice. If anyone was saved twice then Jesus Christ must be crucified twice. Well, was Jesus Christ crucified twice?
Nobody Jesus died to save and is covered by His blood can lose their salvation. NOBODY! If that person could lose their salvation then the power of satan is greater than the power in the shed blood of Jesus. Well atemcowboy, is the power of satan greater than the shed blood of Jesus?
You tell the side of the truth that Jesus tells you, and those how disagree with you will tell you the side of the truth that Jesus tells them.

Isn't it fun to think you can preach truth???

That is the nature of the human beast.
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#529508 Apr 15, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Typical response from you and other bible only fundies with your judgemental insults and antagonistic attacks on our Catholic faith and the Catholic Church which is the " only thing" that you anti-Catholics Protestants ----desperately, cling and hold on to" in attacking my own personal faith in Jesus Christ as well as the faith of my other devoted military comrade brothers who fought for the freedom of this country.......I am not answerable to "couch potato" Protestants like you who sit back in a rocking chair with a six pack --passing your (never ending) distorted and perverted" personal opinionated judgement toward ANYONE else's personal faith and salvation in Jesus Christ ----especially against Catholics ........,, God Our Father and His son Jesus are the ONLY ones that I have to answer to---Not you, Not Confrinting, Not Ox, OLDjg or ANYONE else. You, my friend can do and believe what you want !!! Makes no difference to me or any other Catholic on this forum. I/we as Catholics ALL know the TRUTH, has, is and will ALWAYS be grounded, proven and manifested ONLY in Jesus Christ in and through His One TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church---the Bride of Christ!!!
All this because I asked--- "why not live your faith, instead of just talking about it."

3 other points...

1.. Sober up, I am not one of your hated Protestants. I am a hated Pastafarian..

2... the biggest problem the Marines had on Iwo Jima was they could NOT dig fox holes in the vulcanic ash.

3... Proselytizing is against military regulation. One reason is that minority religious groups (like Jews and Catholics in past wars) were often targeted, especially Catholics being targeted by Protestants.

With all your "combat experience" and knowledge of the Corp, I'm surprised you didn't know that.

Say hi to Mr. Mussolini for us when you get to your Catholic Heaven.

Location hidden

#529509 Apr 15, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe you.
You tell far too many flamboyant stories that don't fit.
According to you, you grow a phenomenal garden as you discussed many times with others in your back and forth camaraderie.
And I suggest if you were dirt poor, you would sell that computer and key-board on which you type to buy food.
June

Believe what you want.

The rest is difficult and long to explain.

But I agree, even one possession can be to many....
Michael

Canada

#529510 Apr 15, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
2272 Formal cooperation in an abortion constitutes a grave offense. The Church attaches the canonical penalty of excommunication to this crime against human life. "A person who procures a completed abortion incurs excommunication latae sententiae,"77 "by the very commission of the offense,"78 and subject to the conditions provided by Canon Law.79 The Church does not thereby intend to restrict the scope of mercy. Rather, she makes clear the gravity of the crime committed, the irreparable harm done to the innocent who is put to death, as well as to the parents and the whole of society.
http://www.vatican.va/archive/ENG0015/_INDEX....
Can. 1398 A person who procures a completed abortion incurs a latae sententiae excommunication.
http://www.vatican.va/archive/ENG1104/__P57.H...
1463 Certain particularly grave sins incur excommunication, the most severe ecclesiastical penalty, which impedes the reception of the sacraments and the exercise of certain ecclesiastical acts, and for which absolution consequently cannot be granted, according to canon law, except by the Pope, the bishop of the place or priests authorized by them. In danger of death any priest, even if deprived of faculties for hearing confessions, can absolve from every sin and excommunication.69
http://www.vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/archive...
Don't like it ? Don't be Catholic. Easy enough, no?
...What are the catechism or canon law numbers that excommunicate catholic clergy who ruined the lives of thousands of children worldwide over 17 centuries?

Location hidden

#529511 Apr 15, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you were wrong ... weren't you?
I don't pretend to be ALL THAT to any body to try to impress them.
If I did, they would soon enough spot the holes in my flamboyant stories.
June

I was wrong.

Sometimes it is difficult to see through walls. And I was wrong to assume in anything you write....

Location hidden

#529512 Apr 15, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you spot a lack of "growth" in others ... or do you see that your religion just might be stunting you growth???
At one time you stated that religion is based on fear.
Now you are anxious to preach Christianity as guiding your pathway to eternal bliss.
I suggest you afraid of going to hell if you don't believe that Jesus is your savior.
And THAT is FEAR.
June

The purpose of religion is for someone to learn and use it. Some don't. I can't make them ....

(You can lead a horse to water but can't make him drink.)
Regina

Toms River, NJ

#529513 Apr 15, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
NASL
I think in this case excommunication in the RC sense is like the OSAS problem in the Protestant sense. But the RC has defined it.
More info:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Excommunication
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_deadly_sin...
Peace
A lot of people misunderstand excommunication. This might help:

"Being excommunicated from the Catholic Church is widely misunderstood: It doesn't mean that you're banned from church and stripped of your Catholicism. Rather, excommunication is a strong, remedial penalty meted out with the hope that it'll wake you up and move you to true repentance — and back into full communion with the faithful. In short, it's reversible.

Excommunication is the most severe form of ecclesiastical penalty and is used only as an absolute last resort. Excommunicants remain Catholic because of baptism and still obligated to attend Mass, but they are deprived of all sacraments (except for the Sacrament of Penance). For example, you can go to Mass but not receive the Holy Eucharist."
http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/catholi...

With regard to abortion, one must be aware of the fact that it carries the penalty of excommunication. Also, in most dioceses it can be lifted by the priest in the Sacrament of Confession.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#529514 Apr 15, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Correction....you become a Catholic when you are born in a Catholic family....your birth certificate says so...look at it....
Yoda, you crack me up.
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#529515 Apr 15, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you suppose that Thomas Paine published that booklet anonymously?
<quoted text>
In this day and age when that word "treason" , is being hurled in each of several directions, with precious few even understanding what comprises "treason" in THIS country, I would beg and implore ALL those who call themselves "American" today ... to read ;
'Common Sense'
published at the beginning of the Revolutionary War
and
'The Rights of Man'
Published after the Revolutionary War and during the period of writing our founding documents
Both, written by Thomas Paine, should be required reading for ALL Americans.
I agree 100%. Make that 10,000%

The biggest problem I see is that the only copies I could find are written in the 1700's vernacular - which is a very tough read.

I think it would be wonderful to have an updated version done in modern English. The meaning would be the same and most people could read both in a couple of hours.

If you are aware of an up-dated, modernized version, please provide a link.

No better read for any American, young or old.

Ramen

Location hidden

#529516 Apr 15, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Your Catholic hierarchy thought they could take away salvation from others at their own say-so.
BULLIES in god-garb.
June

To broad....

No doubt there are some who used and abused the law of excommunication. In general, I suspect that it starts heretical sects, but its purpose is medicinal to the soul, if correctly used.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#529517 Apr 15, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
The SEVEREST SUFFERINGS OF JESUS WAS/IS
Isa 53:6 ......WHEN the LORD laid on him the iniquity of us all.
NO MAN CAN IMAGINE THE UNFATHOMABLE PAIN....
When you are celebrating this Easter season think on this. Do you ever read the very verses you quote. Isaiah 53:6, "All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned—every one—to his own way; and the LORD has laid on him the iniquity of us all."

Why did the Lord lay on Jesus the iniquity of us all? It was to save us. Jesus Christ suffered beyond anything we can imagine to save the sheep who have gone astray. Those sheep are you and me. But in your divine wisdom you tell the poor souls on this forum that His suffering for them was not enough to save them. You tell them they must hang on until the end and if they cannot somehow hang on to the end the eternal life Jesus died to give them will be lost and they will go to hell.

You are a spiritual schizophrenic. Your theology tells you one day you are in the family of God and the next day you are not. In...out...in...out...in...out . Do you think anything you do or anything you say surprises God. Does God in heaven ever say, "Wow, I didn't see that one coming." Or, "We need to have an emergency meeting to discuss what confrinting in the word just did." No. God knew what He was getting when He got you and if you believe in Him you will NEVER perish.

Our salvation is not based on what we do but on what HE has already done!
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#529518 Apr 15, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
...What are the catechism or canon law numbers that excommunicate catholic clergy who ruined the lives of thousands of children worldwide over 17 centuries?
Cannon 977 and 1378.

How's things today Mike. Feeling any better? Prepared to answer why a militant atheist/agnostic such as yourself chooses to discriminate against Catholics and not other Christians?

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#529519 Apr 15, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I am anti-Jesus. But I doubt that myths will be moved to tears either by insults or praise.
"I am anti-Jesus"

Facts:
- you stayed with Christianity for over 70 years, but were pro-Jesus then.
- four years after leaving religion, you now are hard-card anti-Jesus - I don't believe you
- many teachings by Jesus - you follow and are part of your life. Are you going to get rid of those morals now? You know - like "love another as I have loved you".....

You are part of the reasons why there are so many different "Jesus'" existing.

You either believe in a portion of his teachings or none at all.
- "I believe in all of what Jesus taught" - is a common saying by so-called "Christians", but instead of breaking down the "truth" they think they speak - lies only seem to show up and surface - because, when investigating this saying - there are in fact many teachings that are not followed by these individuals.

"Anti-Jesus"??

- Nah - you just don't like mythology and the facts that usually are connected to the myths.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Wed Kennedy 10,635
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Sep 19 Tom Fontaine 42
News Catholic clergy fires back after Bannon criticism Sep 11 South Knox Hombre 1
News Evangelical Trump supporters want meeting with ... Aug '17 Ms Sassy 1
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Aug '17 -Prince Of Darkness- 84,839
News Pope 'loves China', Vatican official says on tr... Aug '17 Harold 2
News Pope Francis accepts resignation of Boston Auxi... Jul '17 Anti- 2
More from around the web