Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 20 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#528987 Apr 13, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
I speak from common sense....
Not to a Muslim or a Hindu, or a Buddhist.

Prince George, Canada

#528988 Apr 13, 2014
Hell was in-vented long before Christianity.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

Brewers Dictionary of Phrase and Fable.

Apollyon (a pol yon). The Greek name of ABADDON, King of HELL.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#528989 Apr 13, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Not sure what this has to do with you misquoting 1 John.
Is it possible you do in order to avoid obeying what Jesus and St. James say about confessing ours sins?
It is strange that you would quote James the brother of Jesus .( One to the roman Catholics a non person).when ( in order to claim that Mary was perpetual virgin) you refuse to admit that he exist...

The Apostle Paul identified His as "the Lord's Brother..".

Gal_1:19 But other of the apostles saw I none, save James --> the Lord's brother.<--

You Roman Catholics have to deem several of the apostles...to be liars in order to propagate your fables about Mary.'s intimacies with Joseph ..

.Fables that have no foundation whatsoever in the Bible, and have nothing to do with GOD'S PLAN OF REDEMPTION/SALVATION...

YOUR CONJURED UP LIES against/ABOUT Mary (the mother of Jesus) is a sin that you will face in Judgment...

Prince George, Canada

#528990 Apr 13, 2014
Many sects never survived to in turn keep telling their stories as being based on "universal" truth.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>>

Abelites (ab e litz), Abelians, or Abelonians. A Christian sect of the 4th century living in North Africa, mentioned by St. AUGUSTINE. They married but remained virgin, as they affirmed Abel did, since no children of his are mentioned in the SCRIPTURES. Children were adopted to maintain the sect.

Prince George, Canada

#528991 Apr 13, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
YOUR CONJURED UP LIES against/ABOUT Mary (the mother of Jesus) is a sin that you will face in Judgment...
GOD has spoken ... through confrinting with the word.

Pay heed everyone, and you will learn who is BOSS.

Sarcasm intended

Prince George, Canada

#528992 Apr 13, 2014
<
I suggest you are certain that you have been chosen as the Christian version.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

Abdals (ab dalz). The name given by Moslems to certain mysterious persons whose identity is known only to God and through whom the world is able to continue in existence. When one dies another is secretly appointed by God to fill the vacant place.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#528993 Apr 13, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
The first rule in telling a lie is "Don't tell a lie that can easily proven a lie"
Your words: Jesus is a popular name in some countries. Just WHICH Jesus might they be talking about ??? Certainly not our Jesus Who HAS A BRIDE...THE CHURCH.
You are a proven liar....
~~~

YOU WROTE.. TO MY WIFE

You are a proven liar.......PROVE THAT MY WIFE IS A LIAR

IT IS AN EASY THING TO CALL A PERSON A LIAR...BUT PROVING IT.. IS ANOTHER

now I challenge you to take the scriptures

books, chapters and verses ..

AND PROVE YOU ALLEGATIONS....

else you have destroyed your own credibility....

The Apostle PAUL said..

2Co 11:3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

2Co 11:4 For if he that cometh preacheth -->ANOTHER JESUS,<-- whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

IS THE THE JESUS MENTIONED ABOVE THE ONE WHOM YOU SERVE.?.

YOU CERTAINLY ARE NOT REPRESENTING THE ONE IN THE BIBLE...HE NEVER CALLED OTHERS NAMES..

1Pe 2:21 For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps:

1Pe 2:22 Who did no sin, neither was guile found in his mouth:

1Pe 2:23 Who, when he was reviled, reviled not again; when he suffered, he threatened not; but committed himself to him that judgeth righteously:

1Pe 2:24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#528994 Apr 13, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
Hell was in-vented long before Christianity.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>
Apollyon (a pol yon). The Greek name of ABADDON, King of HELL.
"God Of Destruction "

Prince George, Canada

#528995 Apr 13, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> "God Of Destruction "
A devil could not exist without the "approval" of the ever-so HOLY god ... that by the way, not only allows the devil to exist, but by allowing him to exist encourages the devil to tempt humans with evil.

If the gods did away with the devils ... there would BE no evil in humans ... RIGHT??? There would just be the human need to survive and be self-centered, as occurs in all other animals.

Religion is bunkology.

Prince George, Canada

#528996 Apr 13, 2014
<quoted text>
IT IS AN EASY THING TO CALL A PERSON A LIAR...BUT PROVING IT.. IS ANOTHER
That is why theologians created gods as invisible beings. They knew that others could not prove that they were lying. They also claimed that the gods were giving them messages, and they knew that others could not prove that they were lying.

I believe that you were lying when you claimed that you were "called" by "God" to preach ... but I can't prove it.
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#528997 Apr 13, 2014
Is there any evidence we can’t lose our salvation? Certainly.

“My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me.“And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand.“My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of My Father’s hand.(John 10:27–29 NKJV)

Notice the explicit phrase here,“they shall never perish”. If you could lose your salvation, you would perish, and Jesus would be a liar, thus it must not be possible. But also notice two hands here, the Father and the Son. The picture of one hand over the other — a complete enclosure — so that “no one is able to snatch them out”. That’s comforting, because I’m a man, and if no one can snatch them out, I can’t snatch myself out.

Later Jesus, just before his betrayal, had this to say in his prayer to the Father.

“While I was with them in the world, I kept them in Your name. Those whom You gave Me I have kept; and none of them is lost except the son of perdition, that the Scripture might be fulfilled.(John 17:12 NKJV)

It’s not up to us to maintain our salvation. Jesus does all the work. Whose job is it to keep the sheep? Certainly not the sheep, they are too stupid. It’s the shepherd’s job to keep the sheep. And one of Jesus’ seven “I AM” statements in John is “I AM the good shepherd”(John 10:11). Jesus is the shepherd, he is not going to lose any sheep.

You Did Nothing to Earn Salvation, Right?

Ephesians 2:8–9 says we are saved by faith, not by works. In fact, even the faith to believe is a gift from God! Logically, if I did not do anything to obtain salvation, can I do anything to lose it? I don’t think so. If God chose us before the foundation of the world (Ephesians 1:4), will he unchoose us later? That would imply he can change, and God does not change.

Paul has another issue in Ephesians. In chapter 1 verses 13–14, he speaks of being “sealed” with the Holy Spirit of promise. If God seals something, I don’t see how it could be unsealed. Paul continues to speak of the Holy Spirit as “the guarantee of our inheritance”. A guarantee of being sealed is not worth much if it’s possible to lose your salvation and become unsealed.

The real problem is not can you lose your salvation, the real problem is, were you ever saved in the first place? This is perhaps a more disturbing question than losing our salvation. I am not speaking of sincere doubts, we all at some point have those (remember Satan and his deception campaign). Have you made a sincere prayer of commitment to Christ? If so, you don’t have a problem. If not, do it now.

Unfortunately, people frequently rely on feelings and experiences, which not only are unreliable, but can easily be used by the enemy to deceive us. Satan himself can transform into an angel of light (II Corinthians 11:13–14). We must anchor ourselves firmly to the rock of the Word of God.

Prince George, Canada

#528998 Apr 13, 2014
I suggest that all preachers of religion were and are false prophets.

The future can't be known because it has not yet happened ... unless of course, past, present and future are one and the same, which was Einstein's theory.

And if the future is the same as the past and the present, then I suggest that we are nothing but robots in a drama that has already occurred.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

“The distinction between past, present, and future is only a stubbornly persistent illusion”

Albert Einstein

Location hidden

#528999 Apr 13, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
If life was "so good" for you (as you claim) you wouldn't be coming on this forum for the "sole purpose" of attacking, criticizing and attempting to "undermine" the faith of us Catholics well as ripping Jesus Christ HIMSELF and His One True (Universal-Catholic Church..Instead--you would be content with living your life in peace and in the isolation quietness and serenity with your family--however we all know that CAN'T and WON'T do that because your "unbiefs" are predicated upon attacking the faith of Catholics and the Church ......The fact is that.....I/we as Catholics don't need to debate, argue or discuss ANYTHING regarding the TRUTH of the historical and biblical TRUE Doctrine of Jesus and HIS Catholic Church........because everything that we believe has been proven over and over again to be TRUE......Bible Only Protestants, atheists, and agnostics are FOREVER trying to prove what they "supposedly"
believe (or don't believe is true).........which they can not) by "attacking" over 2000 years OF
THE TRUTH that is manifested in Jesus Christ Himself and His Catholic Church!
Tell me what definition your NABre pope approved Bible teaches regarding the church Christ built. I don't see one word about it being the one (and only one) TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church.

Church: this word (Greek ekkl&#275;sia) occurs in the gospels only here and in Mt 18:17 (twice). There are several possibilities for an Aramaic original. Jesus’ church means the community that he will gather and that, like a building, will have Peter as its solid foundation. That function of Peter consists in his being witness to Jesus as the Messiah, the Son of the living God.

BTW..Christians, such as I, believe the Word of God...His Word, on this matter, says you are a liar...

Prince George, Canada

#529000 Apr 13, 2014
Wiccans believe they can draw down the power of the "goddess" from the moon.

It's an ancient myth ... revived under the title of Wicca.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

Aglaonice (ag la o ni si) the Thessalian, being able to calculate eclipses, claimed power over the MOON and to be able to draw it from HEAVEN. Her vaunting became a laughing-stock and gave rise to the Greek proverb cast at braggarts,“Yes, as the Moon obeys Aglaonice.”
StarC

United States

#529001 Apr 13, 2014
Blessed Palm Sunday !

Vatican City, Apr 13, 2014 / 05:41 am (CNA).- In his Palm Sunday homily, Pope Francis urged the congregation to consider how their actions and attitudes reflected the various characters in the story of Jesus’ passion and death.

“We have heard the (Gospel reading of the) Passion of the Lord. Only, it does us good to ask a question: Who am I? Who am I before my Lord? Who am I before Jesus who enters festively into Jerusalem?” the Pope said on April 13.

“This week moves towards the mystery of the death of Jesus and of his resurrection,” noted the pontiff.“Where is my heart and which of these persons am I most like? It is this question that accompanies us throughout the week.”

The crowds filled a sunny St. Peter’s Square to attend the papal liturgy, clutching olive branches and woven palms as they listened to Pope Francis reflect on the different persons in the Gospel.

Departing entirely from his prepared remarks, the Holy Father considered each figure in the story, followed by questions about their relation to Jesus.

First, the Gospel recounts Jesus’ triumphal entry into Jerusalem, where he is welcomed by adoring crowds.“Do I have the capacity to express my joy, to praise him? Or do I move away? Who am I, before Jesus who suffers?” queried the pontiff.

Then, there are several groups of leaders, priests, pharisees, and teachers of law who decide to kill Jesus.“Am I like one of them?”

“Am I like Judas, who pretends to love and kisses the master to hand him over, to betray him? Am I a traitor?” he reflected.

“Or am I like the disciples who did not understand what it was to betray Jesus?” The Pope continued. They “did not understand anything...they fell asleep while the Lord suffered. Is my life asleep?”

Location hidden

#529002 Apr 13, 2014
OldJG wrote:
Is there any evidence we can’t lose our salvation? Certainly.
“My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me.“And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand.“My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of My Father’s hand.(John 10:27–29 NKJV)
Notice the explicit phrase here,“they shall never perish”. If you could lose your salvation, you would perish, and Jesus would be a liar, thus it must not be possible. But also notice two hands here, the Father and the Son. The picture of one hand over the other — a complete enclosure — so that “no one is able to snatch them out”. That’s comforting, because I’m a man, and if no one can snatch them out, I can’t snatch myself out.
Later Jesus, just before his betrayal, had this to say in his prayer to the Father.
“While I was with them in the world, I kept them in Your name. Those whom You gave Me I have kept; and none of them is lost except the son of perdition, that the Scripture might be fulfilled.(John 17:12 NKJV)
It’s not up to us to maintain our salvation. Jesus does all the work. Whose job is it to keep the sheep? Certainly not the sheep, they are too stupid. It’s the shepherd’s job to keep the sheep. And one of Jesus’ seven “I AM” statements in John is “I AM the good shepherd”(John 10:11). Jesus is the shepherd, he is not going to lose any sheep.
You Did Nothing to Earn Salvation, Right?
Ephesians 2:8–9 says we are saved by faith, not by works. In fact, even the faith to believe is a gift from God! Logically, if I did not do anything to obtain salvation, can I do anything to lose it? I don’t think so. If God chose us before the foundation of the world (Ephesians 1:4), will he unchoose us later? That would imply he can change, and God does not change.
Paul has another issue in Ephesians. In chapter 1 verses 13–14, he speaks of being “sealed” with the Holy Spirit of promise. If God seals something, I don’t see how it could be unsealed. Paul continues to speak of the Holy Spirit as “the guarantee of our inheritance”. A guarantee of being sealed is not worth much if it’s possible to lose your salvation and become unsealed.
The real problem is not can you lose your salvation, the real problem is, were you ever saved in the first place? This is perhaps a more disturbing question than losing our salvation. I am not speaking of sincere doubts, we all at some point have those (remember Satan and his deception campaign). Have you made a sincere prayer of commitment to Christ? If so, you don’t have a problem. If not, do it now.
Unfortunately, people frequently rely on feelings and experiences, which not only are unreliable, but can easily be used by the enemy to deceive us. Satan himself can transform into an angel of light (II Corinthians 11:13–14). We must anchor ourselves firmly to the rock of the Word of God.
Gospel truth...per Scripture...undeniable....expe ct by Catlics.....

Prince George, Canada

#529003 Apr 13, 2014
Without devils, evil and hells in religion, theologians would be bankrupt, as the gods would be gracious and welcoming and fair to ALL, and in that case no human on earth would need religion.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

Amaimon (a mi I mon). A DEVIL, king of the Eastern portion of HELL in mediaeval demonology. He might be bound or restrained from doing hurt from the third hour till noon, and from the ninth hour till evening. ASMODEUS is his chief officer. See BARBARSON. LUCIFER.

Prince George, Canada

#529004 Apr 13, 2014
StarC wrote:
Blessed Palm Sunday !
Is my life asleep?”
I suggest that you are in a state of deep hypnosis caused by your Catholic indoctrination.

Prince George, Canada

#529005 Apr 13, 2014
Brewer’s Dictionary of Phrase & Fable by Ivor H. Evans … First published 1817.

Vatican (vat I kan). The palace of the POPE; so called because it stands on the Vaticanus Mons (Vatican Hill) of ancient ROME, which got its name through being the headquarters of the vaticinators, or soothsayers.

Prince George, Canada

#529006 Apr 13, 2014
Brewer’s Dictionary of Phrase & Fable by Ivor H. Evans … First published 1817.

Undine (un den). One of the elemental spirits of PARACELSUS, the spirit of the waters. She was created without a soul; but had this privilege, that by marrying a mortal and bearing him a child she obtained a soul, and with it all the pains and penalties of the human race.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope Holds Meeting to Encourage Adoption of U.N... 1 hr Jim the Hoax Denier 15
News Climate Change and the Catholic Church 2 hr Jim the Hoax Denier 2
News Woman excommunicated from Catholic Church calls... 3 hr Batch 37 Pain Is ... 5
News In Defense of Free Speech in the United States 4 hr Johair_DeadManWal... 2
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 8 hr Cultastic 9,207
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 11 hr par five 84,136
News Pope on free speech: What about turning the oth... 14 hr KristoFMYsagun 16
More from around the web