Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 670429 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#529326 Apr 15, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Claiming to be "Strongly Catholic" while consenting to the dismemberment of your child by a butcher is oxymoronic. The moment she did it she ceased being a Catholic.
Any more "wisdom" and "compassion" from you tonight June?
Are you "Strongly" Catholic???

Prince George, Canada

#529327 Apr 15, 2014
The Woman’s Dictionary of Symbols and Sacred objects … by Barbara G. Walker.

We must remember too that, unlike today’s artificial monsters, the supernaturals of the past were usually believed to be real. Therefore they had more impact on the minds that made them than our modern fantasies, which even children can see through without too much trouble.

Prince George, Canada

#529328 Apr 15, 2014

Saliva

The miracles of both Jesus and Mohammed, curing the blind with saliva, were nothing new. Long before Jesus’ time, a clay tablet from Nineveh stated that blindness could be cured by a mixture of saliva and milk from one of the holy harlots in the temple.

Prince George, Canada

#529329 Apr 15, 2014

Skull

Christian iconography made the skull a symbol of Mary Magdalene. Drinking water from the skull of a suicide was said to cure epilepsy.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#529330 Apr 15, 2014
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
How stupid are you? Apparently completely stupid.
confrinting with the word said, quote, "THEY OVER EXTEND THE grace of God." End quote.
This has got to be the most ridiculous statement I have read from a supposed-Christian in over 55 years. If it is possible to OVER EXTEND the grace of God will you please explain how this could happen?
how stupid are you? the answer is well known to everyone on this forum but oxbore and marge..

"Paul states and asks a question.

[shall we continue in sin that Grace may abound, God forbid] a clear statement that God is against OSAS.

Synonyms for abound

verb exist in abundance

flourish
proliferate
thrive
crowd
flow

overflow
swell
teem
be alive with
be all over the place
be knee deep in
be no end to
be plentiful
be thick with
be up to one's ears in

his word [over extend] was not quite accurate but none the less is applicable in this sense.

for God to overlook sin unrepented would indeed cause Him to over extend the love that He has for us. we have people like Stanley, rogers and the like to blame for this division between Christians. as God punished those false teacher and prophets in the OT, the same will happen to them. for it is Ordained that WE who Preach the Gospel must also live it. living it means that we MUST be truthful and not deviate from what He Says.

Prince George, Canada

#529331 Apr 15, 2014
Since I discarded religion, I see things in a whole new way.

I accept that suffering of all forms of life exists and that there was no intent to make any forms of life suffer.

I accept human nature as it is, my own included, which is self-centered to the core, as occurs in all other animals.

Those in religion might perceive that they are NOT selfish ... but they lust for eternal bliss as a male dog in heat lusts for a female.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#529332 Apr 15, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
It's human nature to be judgmental.
The theologians that wrote the dogma of hell for others and heaven for their selves were very judgmental.
And the ones that believe that nonsense as truth are also very judgmental.
And when I judge others for being judgmental, that means I am also judgmental.
Case In Point.. Understanding and Communication are mans Key to survival, not war and arrogance, but sadly, the latter seems to be winning out..

Prince George, Canada

#529333 Apr 15, 2014

Mansion

Jesus’ assertion that his Father’s house had many “mansions”(John 14:2) was a conventional expression borrowed from Egyptian scriptures, which described many mansions in the afterworld. 1 In liked manner, the Asgard divinities of northern Europe had “mansions” in their holy places. 2 The original meaning of these mansions was “houses of the moon,” that is, the zodiacal constellations through which the Moon Goddess passed on her monthly round.

1. Budge, E.M., 165.
2. Branston, 120.

Location hidden

#529334 Apr 15, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
Saliva
The miracles of both Jesus and Mohammed, curing the blind with saliva, were nothing new. Long before Jesus’ time, a clay tablet from Nineveh stated that blindness could be cured by a mixture of saliva and milk from one of the holy harlots in the temple.
I think some text of Nimrod and the Tower Of Babel also came from that Ancient Place?

Prince George, Canada

#529335 Apr 15, 2014

Angel

Persian warriors fought bravely in the unshakable faith that if they died in battle, they would go to the sensual heaven of the houris and spend eternity in dalliance with these beautiful female angels.
yon

Miami Beach, FL

#529336 Apr 15, 2014
I'm still wondering why Obama and the Queen were recently summonsed to Rome other than to do obeisance to the pope.

Location hidden

#529337 Apr 15, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
Since I discarded religion, I see things in a whole new way.
I accept that suffering of all forms of life exists and that there was no intent to make any forms of life suffer.
I accept human nature as it is, my own included, which is self-centered to the core, as occurs in all other animals.
Those in religion might perceive that they are NOT selfish ... but they lust for eternal bliss as a male dog in heat lusts for a female.
I love the way you say things June. I don't agree with a lot of stuff you say, but dang it, I love the way you word it.:) Selfishness and Self Centeredness IS the Root of Our Trouble.

Prince George, Canada

#529338 Apr 15, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> I think some text of Nimrod and the Tower Of Babel also came from that Ancient Place?
Had there been no religions before Christianity, the Catholics would have had nothing to write in their supposed new testament.

Religious myths were all borrowed from other myths, with new versions added by shape-shifting theologians, who knew from practice how to manipulate words.

The Catholic admittance of changing the Greek word Ihcuc to the word Jesus, is but one example of how they manipulated words.

Prince George, Canada

#529339 Apr 15, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> Case In Point.. Understanding and Communication are mans Key to survival, not war and arrogance, but sadly, the latter seems to be winning out..
Humans always were warriors. The strong survived and the weak perished. Survival of the fittest ... not survival of the nicest.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>

During the many centuries of their brutality, I often wonder how many people were put to death as heretics by the Catholic Church.

How many of the readers have ever heard of a group of people that practiced “Quietism?”

Michael Milinos was born in 1628, and later became what some termed a “spiritual mystic.” He wrote a book titled “The Spiritual Guide,” and it seems that he promoted some of the same ideas as today’s Quakers,(Friends).

On the cover of the book, it states …“So powerful was its influence on Europe that within 6 years of its release this book had been translated into every language in Western Europe. In Naples, Italy it was said that 20,000 Christians gathered in small groups to practice inward prayer.”

Also on the cover of the book, it states,“There have been more copies of this book burned than perhaps any other single Christian book ever published.”

Also on the book cover, are the following words …“Michael Molinos came closer to reforming the Catholic Church than any other single man in history, yet he ended up sealed in a dungeon, his book condemned. A man so controversial that even until today the Vatican will not release the transcript of his (secret) trial. Now for the first time this book appears in modern English. The first English language release in over a hundred years.

And on the book’s cover … Anyone found in possession of this book will be excommunicated.… Papal Decree … 1687
…………………………

The Inquisition took care to silence Michael Molinos, and the followers of “Quietism … and to put an end to yet another gentle way of believing.

…………………………

For those who wish a link to the history of this man, just Google in the words “Michael Molinos.

Prince George, Canada

#529340 Apr 15, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> I love the way you say things June. I don't agree with a lot of stuff you say, but dang it, I love the way you word it.:) Selfishness and Self Centeredness IS the Root of Our Trouble.
Thank you.

All animals are selfish, and humans are animals.

Religion implies that the best part of us is elsewhere in spirit. I disagree. I believe we are whole just as we are, and theologians keep trying to take that idea away from us.

They will have no more "luck" pulling that nonsense on me.
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#529341 Apr 15, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
Angel
Persian warriors fought bravely in the unshakable faith that if they died in battle, they would go to the sensual heaven of the houris and spend eternity in dalliance with these beautiful female angels.
Cool.

In college, we only used to date girls from Morehead State.

Ramen

Prince George, Canada

#529342 Apr 15, 2014
yon wrote:
I'm still wondering why Obama and the Queen were recently summonsed to Rome other than to do obeisance to the pope.
Maybe the pope will admit to them that he doesn't and never has received messages from a god.

However, if that occurs it will be the end of his "career," and the downfall of his church.

Sarcasm intended.

Prince George, Canada

#529343 Apr 15, 2014

Chariot

According to the Eddas, the chariot of the sun was drawn by the horse Arwaker (Early Waker) and driven by the Goddess Sol, or Sul, or Sulis: the same whom the Celts honored as Lady of the Sun.
yon

Miami Beach, FL

#529344 Apr 15, 2014
yon wrote:
Pope needed some hooch.
"Today, the Queen gave him whiskey."

http://time.com/48204/pope-francis-queen-eliz ...

Prince George, Canada

#529345 Apr 15, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
Cool.
In college, we only used to date girls from Morehead State.
Ramen
Did Ramen approve???

And by the way, how DID your divine god Ramen get rid of all those devils that thrived in other religions???

:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope discusses climate, immigrants in historic ... (Sep '15) Wed WelbyMD 47
News Where Is the Place for Devout Gay Families in t... (Oct '15) Feb 17 True Christian wi... 49
News Vatican will finance adult stem cell research (Apr '10) Feb 12 Pessimistic1 29
News Prayers To Mother Mary 'Cured Lung Cancer' (Jan '10) Feb 11 Phart Girlishly 323
News Pope sings on CD for charity (Dec '09) Feb 11 Phart Musically 31
News Woman Knocks Over Pope Benedict XVI At Christma... (Dec '09) Feb 11 Phart Athletically 165
News Pope illuminates 'tree' via Tablet (Dec '11) Feb 11 Phart Seasonally 23
More from around the web