Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 681916 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#529206 Apr 14, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
......I love catholics! Lovem! I don't care for the clergy, don't care for the church.
You hate anyone not catholic making you a militant, apologist catholic. That is why most of your posts are to protestants trying to bait them into arguing your Catholic church nonsense.
...Today I am just like Most catholics. Non practicing.......and feeln' goooood!
Not about me Mike, all I'm doing is defending. You, a militant atheist/agnostic, feels the need to spend day and night on this board attacking and posting statistics only about the Catholic Church. If you feel so good, why are you so terrified of answering my questions? If the target of your attacks, as a militant atheist/agnostic, is limited to ONLY the Catholic Church and not other Christian communities, doesn't that suggest you have a particular bias or maybe an axe to grind? Why aren't you an equal opportunity Christian basher? Does your bias stem perhaps from an unresolved issue and you're overcompensating by concentrating this bias strictly on the faith you abandoned?
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#529207 Apr 14, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
JESUS IS
&#1497;&#1513;&#14 73;&#1493;&#1468;& #1506;&#1492;
Hahahahaha
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#529208 Apr 14, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
....Why do you post to Anthony, he continues to call you a liar. He even tells your wife you are a liar. That's awful. Fight back!! For god sakes..
Didn't the Catholic church fathers write that Jesus taught followers to turn the other cheek???

:)
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#529209 Apr 14, 2014
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
The context is the Tribulation, the time of great judgment on earth. Those enduring to the end are delivered out of Tribulation and into the Millennial Reign of Jesus Christ. IT IS NOT SALVATION!
WOW! That's really heavy stuff. But if you folks don't agree on the meaning of truth ... why should I believe that any of you know truth???

Can you answer that one ... truth-fully???
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#529210 Apr 14, 2014
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
The context is the Tribulation, the time of great judgment on earth. Those enduring to the end are delivered out of Tribulation and into the Millennial Reign of Jesus Christ. IT IS NOT SALVATION!
Endurance is only a proof of salvation as per I John 2:19, "They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would have continued with us. But they went out, that it might become plain that they all are not of us."
Now answer the question I asked you. When does a saved person receive eternal life? Do they receive eternal life after they die? Do they receive eternal life after they believe? When?
I think I'll let your protestant brethren set you straight on osas. You guys can puff your ego's out and bash each other with scripture verse. If i recall, you already know the Catholic position but reject it.(apparently you're the authority now on Sacred Scripture). So take this fight up with the other self proclaimed authorities and lets see who the Holy Spirit is guiding!
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#529211 Apr 14, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
....Why do you post to Anthony, he continues to call you a liar. He even tells your wife you are a liar. That's awful. Fight back!! For god sakes..
Since confrint and his wife tell me my Church and I believe and teach one thing, even after I've denied it by saying I am faithful to Church teachings and produce the actual hard copy teaching which is the exact opposite of what they say, I am justified by calling it a lie and accusing them of bearing false witness.

If I were to refute you by claiming you were never a fire fighter, never retired from the local fire department and in fact were an arsonist who just got released from prison for burning down apartment buildings, even after you provided evidence to the contrary, wouldn't you call me a liar?

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#529212 Apr 14, 2014
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently you are living your life under the law. So be it for you. Can you keep the law? As for me I will live my life "saved" by His grace and my faith. Anything other than Once Saved Always Saved is a lie from the pits of hell.
~~~

DO AS YOU WISH...

IF YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU CAN .THUMB YOU NOSE AT JESUS BY SINNING MORE OR LESS EVERY DAY...

EVIDENTLY ... TO YOU ... GRACE IS CHEEP.... AND YOU HAVE NO VALUE FOR THE FACT THAT

Isa 53:6 that.... the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.

Heb_6:6 YOU ARE AMONG THOSE THAT...crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

Just as the Roman Catholics you build you faith upon your Holy
Fathers ....such as Mr Rogers instead of the word of God...

BE THE DEVILS GUEST....

YOU WILL LEARN AT THE JUDGMENT..BAR OF GOD...

.THAT YOU CANNOT STRADDLE THE FENCE...
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#529213 Apr 14, 2014
I suggest that theologians should study the WORD ... "truthiness." They might learn something about honesty and fess up to the idea that because they don't agree with each other's concepts, they might not even be close to knowing truth, or even whether if truth exists, it is changeable rather than stationary.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>

Truthiness "act or quality of preferring concepts or facts one wishes to be true, rather than those known to be true," catch word popularized in this sense by U.S. comedian Stephen Colbert, declared by American Dialect Society to be "2005 Word of the Year."
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#529214 Apr 14, 2014
It seems that the Catholic church fathers didn't believe Jesus' supposed words about turning the other cheek.

They preferred to torture and murder those who dared to insult their treasured dogmas.

Crapology
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#529215 Apr 14, 2014
Neat article for my evangelical friends on the board (Rose, Kay, Hank, etc.);

"An Open Letter to Evangelicals:“We Need You”"

http://www.aleteia.org/en/religion/article/an... ?

#529216 Apr 14, 2014
who="Anthony MN" <quoted text>
I'm NOT saying anything at this point. Is this Kay or confrinting?
Many protestants here, particularly the fundamentalist type, are saying that Catholics are non-Christian un-saved pagans, then in the very next breath they say if a person professes per Romans 10:9 is means they're saved.
Since I and every single faithful Catholic I've ever know has professed per Romans 10:9 countless times (at every mass in fact) and is exactly what the Catholic Church teaches, how they make such a contradictory statement? Is it bigotry? Are you double-minded?

----------
This is Kay. You asked a question (how to be saved), and I answered it, without any judgment of anyone. The Greek word translated "shall" means "must, or will have to be" saved.

Why the repeat confession? Just curious...

Topix listed my name for awhile, and I didn't have to give it, but today that seems to have disappeared, and I didn't notice.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#529217 Apr 14, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't the Catholic church fathers write that Jesus taught followers to turn the other cheek???
:)
June

Quite true. But one must also be prudent, since there are wolves among the sheep. There is a time to be temperate, and not be victimized.

I think your main issue is that you think everyone in religion is a wolf?

#529218 Apr 14, 2014
who="Michael" <quoted text>

----------
That was my post, Michael. I intend to post the truth...no matter what I am called. I DO fight, but " THE WEAPONS OF OUR WARFARE ARE NOT CARNAL/FLESH"

We cannot overcome evil with evil. I don't intend to be nasty just to shut someone up. Truth and Love WILL ALWAYS WIN IN THE END...

KayMarie

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#529219 Apr 14, 2014
<quoted text>
~~~
DO AS YOU WISH...
IF YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU CAN .THUMB YOU NOSE AT JESUS BY SINNING MORE OR LESS EVERY DAY...
EVIDENTLY ... TO YOU ... GRACE IS CHEEP.... AND YOU HAVE NO VALUE FOR THE FACT THAT
Heb_6:6 YOU ARE AMONG THOSE THAT...crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.
BE THE DEVILS GUEST....
confronting

Peace

The apparent disagreement on the issue of OSAS is more a fixture in our minds and how they operate. We accept that either/or, or the positive/negation of a subject is the answer. And the ambiguity becomes the collision of opinion.

More or less I think this issue is within the realm of sanctification. It is expressed as the sense that God and a person are united by Jesus Christ. For some once they are saved, cannot "imagine" not being saved. Others are perhaps aware of their own flaws, and if pursued may lead to condemnation.

Of course the problem of "self" gets in the way with pride and vainglory. So, to me it is best to always return to humble confession to God of one's own unworthiness.

Peace
Michael

Canada

#529220 Apr 14, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Not about me Mike, all I'm doing is defending. You, a militant atheist/agnostic, feels the need to spend day and night on this board attacking and posting statistics only about the Catholic Church. If you feel so good, why are you so terrified of answering my questions? If the target of your attacks, as a militant atheist/agnostic, is limited to ONLY the Catholic Church and not other Christian communities, doesn't that suggest you have a particular bias or maybe an axe to grind? Why aren't you an equal opportunity Christian basher? Does your bias stem perhaps from an unresolved issue and you're overcompensating by concentrating this bias strictly on the faith you abandoned?
....I can post whatever I want.......and that bothers you, and that makes me feel good.

.....You post more to protestants on this forum about what you claim are their false doctrines than you post to catholics such as Hojo, Liam and StarC. Why? Why are you so fascinated with the good protestants on this forum? Why don't you post catholic good will to hojo, liam, etc?

..?....Tally up your number of posts over the last 30 days, 6 months, or 3 years, you will see you OVER post to protestants about their belief than you do catholics. WHY?

....soon you will be on your way home from work, lieing to your wife as usual that you put in 8 hard hours of work, but what she doesn't know is you have been posting to me all day long, while I have been trying to do some work and trying to mind my own business.

.....maybe tomorrow you will do both Monday and Tuesdays work.

....You would never work for me, because you don't work.

Unbelievable!

.....something is terribly wrong.
Michael

Canada

#529221 Apr 14, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Since confrint and his wife tell me my Church and I believe and teach one thing, even after I've denied it by saying I am faithful to Church teachings and produce the actual hard copy teaching which is the exact opposite of what they say, I am justified by calling it a lie and accusing them of bearing false witness.
If I were to refute you by claiming you were never a fire fighter, never retired from the local fire department and in fact were an arsonist who just got released from prison for burning down apartment buildings, even after you provided evidence to the contrary, wouldn't you call me a liar?
....You insulted Gif to his wife. How would you react if someone told your wife in front of 25 posters that you were a liar?

marge

Leesburg, GA

#529222 Apr 14, 2014
<quoted text>
~~~
DO AS YOU WISH...
BE THE DEVILS GUEST....
7but if we walk in the Light as He Himself is in the Light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus His Son cleanses us from all sin. 8If we say that we have no sin, we are deceiving ourselves and the truth is not in us. 9If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.…
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#529223 Apr 14, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
So, to me it is best to always return to humble confession to God of one's own unworthiness.
If you want to beat up on your self as being unworthy that is your prerogative.

I intend to believe I am worthy and whole just as I am.

Theologians won't be allowed to take any self-worth away from me ever again.

That is my vow to me.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#529224 Apr 14, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
I think your main issue is that you think everyone in religion is a wolf?
Those who try to steal the self-worth from others by teaching that they are unworthy, ARE wolves ... and you are one of them.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#529225 Apr 14, 2014
No insult was meant against wolves. They are not infected with religious drivel.

I was referring to the metaphor "wolves in sheep's clothing."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Vatican backs Obama as Nobel Peace Prize Winner (Oct '09) Jun 19 Dementia mental c... 36
News Gregory: Bishops - can never say we are sorry e... Jun 18 Listen to the Word 1
News Pat Robertson Is Birth Control (Nov '14) Jun 13 Donald Scampi 2
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jun 12 Married in 10,558
News Why Melania Trump covers her head one day and n... Jun 8 lavon affair 10
News How the war-of-words between Trump and Pope Fra... Jun 8 USS LIBERTY 9
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Jun 7 princess_noochie 84,749
More from around the web