Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 670444 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#529180 Apr 14, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
...They sure have their share of worldwide scandals that have gone on undetected for centuries, and a history of burning people at the stake, then centuries later make them a saint. Joan of Arc.
....Catholicism in the western world is dying a slow death. Statistics from the OFFICIAL Roman Catholic Directory and the statistics compiled by the Vatican statiscum outline the drop in the western world of the the number of priests, nuns, mass attendance, parishes without a priest, etc.
......When sales in a large corporation drop, its not the fault of the consumers. When a large religious organization loses practicing followers its not the fault of the followers.
But you're still uneasy and have doubts about whether you've made the right decision in abandoning the faith Mike. Why?

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#529181 Apr 14, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
"He who endures to the end shall be saved"
Matt 24:13
Here is another one that USES scriptures for VAIN-glories.

All preachers are of the same mindset. "Follow me! I preach truth straight from the holy God ... and all those other preachers preach lies from the devil."

Prince George, Canada

#529182 Apr 14, 2014
Preachers of religion were and are of the same mind-SET. They believe that the people of the world can't get by without their sermons.

Observe the arrogance of the supposed Buddha.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

"For I have taken upon myself, by my own will, the whole of the pain of all things living....I resolve to dwell in each state of misfortune through countless ages...for the salvation of all beings...for it is better that I alone suffer than all beings sink to the worlds of misfortune. There I shall give myself into bondage, to redeem all the world...from the realm of death."

--a Buddhist Bodhisattva
Michael

Canada

#529183 Apr 14, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
As a militant atheist/agnostic spending night and day on this board trashing the Catholic Church while remaining silent about protestantism, it tells me life isn't so good for you. If it was, you'd either walk away from here laughing and go enjoy it OR at least be an equal opportunity Christian basher like all the other atheists. No, I think you're hiding something. I think you're a bit worried and have real doubts of your atheism and that when the time comes you'll regret walking away from the faith. And I think this trash talk is really an effort to justify what you did and an attempt at convincing yourself you've done the right thing.
Prove to me I'm wrong Mike.
..,What trash talk (lol).??? I post catholic statistics from the official roman catholic directory/Vatican statiscum. Are you stating that these well operated operations are giving us wrong information?

......I post from solid Catholic organizations and you deny them.

...I have stated there is no writings from the entire Mediterranean, outside the single agenda driven NT that a man/god named Jesus lived and died

...... Can you give me a few stories from 4bce to 30 ad, outside the bible that a Mary/Joseph, 12 apostles, John baptist, man/god Jesus lived?

.....something is terribly wrong!

.......life is good. Went to home depot/Lowes 6 times past few days, working on home projects. I whistle while I work, while you are suppose to be working.

Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#529184 Apr 14, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
.What are you talking about???...Yesterday I was on this forum for 25 minutes. The day before 30 minutes..
....You are the most non productive person I know. You are suppose to be putting in 8 solid hours a day of work, yet checking your posts, you are on line more than being productive during working hours.. You would never work for me. Your a slacker. Get off line, pick up your shovel and get back to work!!
lol. Business is thriving, despite Obummer and the People's Republic of Minnesota.

Why won't you answer my questions or disprove my conclusions about you?
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#529185 Apr 14, 2014
OldJG wrote:
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
JESUS SAID THERE IS ONLY ONE WAY...AND IT IS HIM...
YOUR 199 OTHER WAYS ARE NON EXISTENT....
Joh_14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life:
no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
JESUS SAID
Joh 10:1 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.
Joh 10:2 But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of the sheep.
Joh 10:3 To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.
Joh 10:4 And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.
Joh 10:5 And a stranger will they not follow, but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.
<quoted text>
God has revealed Himself to EVERYONE. Please read Romans 1:18-20, 18 "For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who by their unrighteousness suppress the truth. 19 For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them. 20 For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse."
It is amazing how the born-agains Protestants like you and fundie catholics like hojo are almost exactly alike.

A belief in a small-minded, unjust, angry little god.

Maybe it's more about yourselves, than anything about a creator of all things?

Either way, you have both faithfully blinded yourselves to a greater Universe.

Prince George, Canada

#529186 Apr 14, 2014
So according to that dogma the Buddha believed he had to reincarnate in many lifetimes of his own suffering to release humans from the bondage of suffering.

The Catholic theologians taught that Jesus (Ihcuc) only came once to suffer for humanity and the next time he comes he won't be crucified. He will just come to take the "repentant" sinners to Catholicized "heaven."

Had theologians used the term philosophy ... humans would never have taken the dogmas as being trustworthy, and that would have spared humanity all those religious wars started by the theologians.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#529187 Apr 14, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
..,What trash talk (lol).??? I post catholic statistics from the official roman catholic directory/Vatican statiscum. Are you stating that these well operated operations are giving us wrong information?
...I have stated there is no writings from the entire Mediterranean, outside the single agenda driven NT that a man/god named Jesus lived and died
...... Can you give me a few stories from 4bce to 30 ad, outside the bible that a Mary/Joseph, 12 apostles, John baptist, man/god Jesus lived?
.......life is good. Went to home depot/Lowes 6 times past few days, working on home projects. I whistle while I work, while you are suppose to be working.
lol. We know you post Catholic statistics. But you're a militant atheist/agnostic. Why aren't you an equal opportunity Christian trash talker like all other atheist/agnostics? Why are you hiding the fact that you're obsession with Catholic bashing stems from your insecurities about your abandonment of the faith?

Prince George, Canada

#529188 Apr 14, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
..,What trash talk (lol).???.....
Trash-talk is minor stuff. When preachers of religion start claiming that you are EVIL is when you better run for cover, as you might find your self burning to death at the hands of those who believe they know a servant of god from a servant of the devil.

Prince George, Canada

#529189 Apr 14, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
lol. We know you post Catholic statistics. But you're a militant atheist/agnostic.
Atheist don't want you to fight over religion. Why would you refer to that as being "militant???"

Prince George, Canada

#529190 Apr 14, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
It is amazing how the born-agains Protestants like you and fundie catholics like hojo are almost exactly alike.
A belief in a small-minded, unjust, angry little god.
Maybe it's more about yourselves, than anything about a creator of all things?
Either way, you have both faithfully blinded yourselves to a greater Universe.
If these preachers decided they would leave religion ... they would suffer from horrendous withdrawal.

I hope truth with a small t is okay.

I almost want to see her posts again to know she is alive and at least physically well.

In my own way, I bonded with her and empathized with her, as I had also suffered the confusion of religion for most of my life.
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#529191 Apr 14, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheist don't want you to fight over religion. Why would you refer to that as being "militant???"
If your car is blue, but someone argues your car is red, you don't get angry at that person because you KNOW the color of your car.

Deep inside, they know their beliefs are irrational and in some case, completely absurd.

Thus they get angry and feel you are being hostile and hateful, because they have doubts.

100% true.

Ramen
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#529192 Apr 14, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
When you get back from Home Depot maybe you'll find the time to answer the questions I've asked a dozen times.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#529193 Apr 14, 2014
who="Anthony MN" <quoted text>
What must one do to be saved?

----------
One is to BELIEVE in one's heart that God raised Jesus from the dead, and confess this with their mouth (the 'confession' or testimony declares that Jesus''work' accomplishes our salvation).

Faith is believing, and that faith provokes the confession of what we believe. Confession is our part of the covenant...like signing a promissory note.

"The power of life and death ARE IN THE POWER OF THE TONGUE." That move makes a change in one's heart.

God made man in His image. God brings things into being BY SPEAKING.

What are YOU saying?

Prince George, Canada

#529194 Apr 14, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
If your car is blue, but someone argues your car is red, you don't get angry at that person because you KNOW the color of your car.
Deep inside, they know their beliefs are irrational and in some case, completely absurd.
Thus they get angry and feel you are being hostile and hateful, because they have doubts.
100% true.
Ramen
If religion was based on truth, they would not fight, as they would all believe the same.

They fight because they all want to "believe" that they know truth.

Prince George, Canada

#529195 Apr 14, 2014
If you don't know if you will be saved, why would preach at others how they can be saved?

Are you THAT idiotic???

On one hand you preach that "GOD" makes the final decision and so it is out of your power, and then you proceed to use scriptures (compiled by Catholics in the new testament) to claim that you KNOW how to be saved.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#529196 Apr 14, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Yoda. Why is it you OSAS protestants feel the need to quote a Catholic source when I ask what we must do to be saved? Don't you guys know?
I showed you what your cult teaches and what God's Word teaches...I asked if you noticed a difference...your reply was: Thanks Yoda. Why is it you OSAS protestants feel the need to quote a Catholic source when I ask what we must do to be saved? Don't you guys know?

You know the next question if you answer the first, so you put your tail between your legs and slink off to your dog house...
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#529197 Apr 14, 2014
----------
One is to BELIEVE in one's heart that God raised Jesus from the dead, and confess this with their mouth (the 'confession' or testimony declares that Jesus''work' accomplishes our salvation).
Faith is believing, and that faith provokes the confession of what we believe. Confession is our part of the covenant...like signing a promissory note.
"The power of life and death ARE IN THE POWER OF THE TONGUE." That move makes a change in one's heart.
What are YOU saying?
I'm NOT saying anything at this point. Is this Kay or confrinting?

Many protestants here, particularly the fundamentalist type, are saying that Catholics are non-Christian un-saved pagans, then in the very next breath they say if a person professes per Romans 10:9 is means they're saved.

Since I and every single faithful Catholic I've ever know has professed per Romans 10:9 countless times (at every mass in fact) and is exactly what the Catholic Church teaches, how they make such a contradictory statement? Is it bigotry? Are you double-minded?
Michael

Canada

#529198 Apr 14, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
lol. We know you post Catholic statistics. But you're a militant atheist/agnostic. Why aren't you an equal opportunity Christian trash talker like all other atheist/agnostics? Why are you hiding the fact that you're obsession with Catholic bashing stems from your insecurities about your abandonment of the faith?
......I love catholics! Lovem! I don't care for the clergy, don't care for the church.

You hate anyone not catholic making you a militant, apologist catholic. That is why most of your posts are to protestants trying to bait them into arguing your Catholic church nonsense.

...Today I am just like Most catholics. Non practicing.......and feeln' goooood!

Michael

Canada

#529199 Apr 14, 2014
----------
What are YOU saying?
....Why do you post to Anthony, he continues to call you a liar. He even tells your wife you are a liar. That's awful. Fight back!! For god sakes..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope discusses climate, immigrants in historic ... (Sep '15) Wed WelbyMD 47
News Where Is the Place for Devout Gay Families in t... (Oct '15) Feb 17 True Christian wi... 49
News Vatican will finance adult stem cell research (Apr '10) Feb 12 Pessimistic1 29
News Prayers To Mother Mary 'Cured Lung Cancer' (Jan '10) Feb 11 Phart Girlishly 323
News Pope sings on CD for charity (Dec '09) Feb 11 Phart Musically 31
News Woman Knocks Over Pope Benedict XVI At Christma... (Dec '09) Feb 11 Phart Athletically 165
News Pope illuminates 'tree' via Tablet (Dec '11) Feb 11 Phart Seasonally 23
More from around the web