Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 665402 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#529119 Apr 14, 2014
Christians fail to realize, and are too adamant to WANT to realize that men were writing mythical jargon as being based on universal truth, long before the Catholics compiled data in the new testament.

Without stealing literature from the religions that came before them and morphing it to suit their own desires, there would be NO Christian religion.

Prince George, Canada

#529120 Apr 14, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
It is sad, June, when you feed off the world.....
And the theologians wanted you to believe that your body and the world is evil. Otherwise you wouldn't be enticed by their tales of bliss in an afterlife.

Yet ... you are of the world ... and religion has made one mess after another killing those that refuse to see it "their" way.

And you are part of that right-fighting ELEMENT, as in "See it MY way, or you are DOOMED. GOD said it is SO!!!"
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#529121 Apr 14, 2014
Exodus 32:30-35

30 The next day Moses said to the people,“You have committed a great sin. But now I will go up to the Lord; perhaps I can make atonement for your sin.”

31 So Moses went back to the Lord and said,“Oh, what a great sin these people have committed! They have made themselves gods of gold.

32 But now, please forgive their sin—but if not, then blot me out of the book you have written.”

33 ~~~~~The Lord replied to Moses,“Whoever has sinned against me I will blot out of my book.~~~~~

34 Now go, lead the people to the place I spoke of, and my angel will go before you. However, when the time comes for me to punish, I will punish them for their sin.”

35 And the Lord struck the people with a plague because of what they did with the calf Aaron had made.

Do we see the DANGERS of Sin???

What did God do to them when they turned away from God???

When the people of God turned away from God, God said He would blot them out of His book.

These are the same people who had trusted Him and praised Him and been delivered from Egypt by Him.

Can a Christian turn away from God???

ABSOLUTELY!!!

What will happen to this Christian who turns away from God???

They will be blotted out of His book.....

Can a Christian lose their salvation???

ABSOLUTELY!!!!

OSAS is a man-made doctrine....don't fall into this trap as your soul will be in danger.....

Prince George, Canada

#529122 Apr 14, 2014
Apparently the "divine" creator ordered humans to be stupid and fight to the death to protect their divisive cults.

That is the REAL picture painted by those in religion ... who do nothing but fight, while they maintain they KNOW the meaning of the word LOVE.

When do you see a kind word pass between a Protestant and a Catholic on this forum???

You DON'T!!!

It's all about "You are wrong, and I am right. You will go to hell, and I will go to heaven. "

It's a bragging and threatening pile of steaming manure.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#529123 Apr 14, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
Christians fail to realize, and are too adamant to WANT to realize that men were writing mythical jargon as being based on universal truth, long before the Catholics compiled data in the new testament.
Without stealing literature from the religions that came before them and morphing it to suit their own desires, there would be NO Christian religion.
I think you might be onto something there June..
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#529124 Apr 14, 2014
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
How does one practice osas? By singing amazing grace or other song which declares one saved?
Is it false and wrong to sing or say, He 'saved a wretch like me'?
I don't understand what your saying Gif.
Marge,

Why are we being told this???

1 Corinthians 10:12

12 So, if you think you are standing firm, be careful that you don’t fall!

Last two words.....DON'T FALL....

So it is possible to forget what God has revealed to us and to allow these most precious things to even depart from our heart.

Can a Christian depart from God in our hearts???

ABSOLUTELY!!!!

Can a Christian fall back into the world???

ABSOLUTELY!!!

Does God give us FREE WILL???

ABSOLUTELY!!!

Does God hold us at gun point to continue to follow him???

NO!!!!!!!!!!
hojo

Waconia, MN

#529125 Apr 14, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If you don't believe that Catholics are saved and others are not, what are fighting about anyway?
Because of. the "promise of salvation and eternal life" that is offered and made available to anyone ( Catholic Protestant and all believers who (as Paul's says) by "running and finishing the race" and by faith and :doing good works as Jesus directs us in the Gospels . No one is guaranteed "anything" with regard to salvation and eternal life!!!!

Prince George, Canada

#529126 Apr 14, 2014
Truth wrote:
Exodus 32:30-35
30 The next day Moses said to the people,“You have committed a great sin. But now I will go up to the Lord; perhaps I can make atonement for your sin.”
31 So Moses went back to the Lord and said,“Oh, what a great sin these people have committed! They have made themselves gods of gold.
32 But now, please forgive their sin—but if not, then blot me out of the book you have written.”
33 ~~~~~The Lord replied to Moses,“Whoever has sinned against me I will blot out of my book.~~~~~
34 Now go, lead the people to the place I spoke of, and my angel will go before you. However, when the time comes for me to punish, I will punish them for their sin.”
35 And the Lord struck the people with a plague because of what they did with the calf Aaron had made.
Do we see the DANGERS of Sin???
What did God do to them when they turned away from God???
When the people of God turned away from God, God said He would blot them out of His book.
These are the same people who had trusted Him and praised Him and been delivered from Egypt by Him.
Can a Christian turn away from God???
ABSOLUTELY!!!
What will happen to this Christian who turns away from God???
They will be blotted out of His book.....
Can a Christian lose their salvation???
ABSOLUTELY!!!!
OSAS is a man-made doctrine....don't fall into this trap as your soul will be in danger.....
First the Christians and Muslims in Africa threw scriptural words back and forth at each other, and then they escalated the war of words to the war of weapons.

And you have learned nothing from their mistakes.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#529127 Apr 14, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
And the theologians wanted you to believe that your body and the world is evil. Otherwise you wouldn't be enticed by their tales of bliss in an afterlife.
Yet ... you are of the world ... and religion has made one mess after another killing those that refuse to see it "their" way.
And you are part of that right-fighting ELEMENT, as in "See it MY way, or you are DOOMED. GOD said it is SO!!!"
It is called OBEDIENCE to God and His Word, June.....

You see things through the world and I see things through God....
hojo

Waconia, MN

#529128 Apr 14, 2014
[QUOTE who="June VanDerMark"
And that is why I never became an arrogant preacher of religion.
.[/QUOTE]

So you decided to "take up" being an arrogant atheist instead!!!!!!!

Prince George, Canada

#529129 Apr 14, 2014
When I studied the bible, I never took it upon my self to use a scripture to try to prove a point. And for that I am thankful.

I never preached at homosexuals that they are perverts and claimed that "Jesus" agreed with me ... and for that I am thankful.

I never believed that the men that wrote the bible received messages from anywhere but from their own ignorant mentalities.

From my perception, the words in the bible were too vile to be inspired by goodness.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#529130 Apr 14, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Marge,
Why are we being told this???
1 Corinthians 10:12
12 So, if you think you are standing firm, be careful that you don’t fall!
Last two words.....DON'T FALL....
So it is possible to forget what God has revealed to us and to allow these most precious things to even depart from our heart.
Can a Christian depart from God in our hearts???
ABSOLUTELY!!!!
Can a Christian fall back into the world???
ABSOLUTELY!!!
Does God give us FREE WILL???
ABSOLUTELY!!!
Does God hold us at gun point to continue to follow him???
NO!!!!!!!!!!
One night I dreamed a dream.
As I was walking along the beach with my Lord.
Across the dark sky flashed scenes from my life.
For each scene, I noticed two sets of footprints in the sand,
One belonging to me and one to my Lord.

After the last scene of my life flashed before me,
I looked back at the footprints in the sand.
I noticed that at many times along the path of my life,
especially at the very lowest and saddest times,
there was only one set of footprints.

This really troubled me, so I asked the Lord about it.
"Lord, you said once I decided to follow you,
You'd walk with me all the way.
But I noticed that during the saddest and most troublesome times of my life,
there was only one set of footprints. I don't understand why, when I needed You the most, You would leave me."

He whispered, "My precious child, I love you and will never leave you
Never, ever, during your trials and testings.
When you saw only one set of footprints,
It was then that I carried you."
Michael

Canada

#529131 Apr 14, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
What threats (and from who) are you referring to.......I have yet to see ANY Catholic make the threat ( that you are saying) by making a "judgemental claim" as to who going to heaven and who is not! Who is saved and who is not!----However, I can name you a half dozen bible only Protestant (self appointed preachers)------"and they know who they are"--- who somehow has decided on their own (to relieve God) of HIS responsibility by deciding for themselves as to (again) who ( in their own "dillusional state") will I've going to heaven and who is not !!!----and ---who is saved and who is not!!!!!-----
....The church statistics I post are from...

....Official roman catholic directory. Check it out.

....The vaticans annuarium, statistician, ecclesia, and Cara.
Check it out.

....If you disagree with the Official catholic directory, and the vativpcan statistician than you are not a good catholic.

Prince George, Canada

#529132 Apr 14, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
So you decided to "take up" being an arrogant atheist instead!!!!!!!
Yes, I am an arrogant Atheist, who believes that all religion is trouble-making bunk ... and that includes the cult that you happen to idolize.
Michael

Canada

#529133 Apr 14, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Because of. the "promise of salvation and eternal life" that is offered and made available to anyone ( Catholic Protestant and all believers who (as Paul's says) by "running and finishing the race" and by faith and :doing good works as Jesus directs us in the Gospels . No one is guaranteed "anything" with regard to salvation and eternal life!!!!
...If your not guaranteed salvation why worry trying to impress God as you think you are doing.

Prince George, Canada

#529134 Apr 14, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
It is called OBEDIENCE to God and His Word, June.....
It's called obedience to the theologians that wrote the words in your Christian-cult.

Other religions expect obedience of their followers in their own organized cults.

Buddhist theologians don't relate to Christian theologians. You should KNOW that and see it for what it is, rather than what you WANT it to be.

You need to get out of your idolized cult in order to see that all religions are cults.

It was that ability to see my own religious philosophy as cult that in turn took me out of my own cultish religious nonsense to see how I had been fooled by the masters of mental manipulation ... the theologians.
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#529135 Apr 14, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
When I studied the bible, I never took it upon my self to use a scripture to try to prove a point. And for that I am thankful.
I never preached at homosexuals that they are perverts and claimed that "Jesus" agreed with me ... and for that I am thankful.
I never believed that the men that wrote the bible received messages from anywhere but from their own ignorant mentalities.
From my perception, the words in the bible were too vile to be inspired by goodness.
Other than the fundies here (of all kinds), I don't think that 85% of Xians would use the idea of God or Jesus in such ways either.

I believe the vast majority of Xians apply their religion in mostly positive ways.

I believe that most Xians don't care and don't want to hear the message most of these self-righteous wingnuts espouse, which is why the wingnuts are ranting here.

Who else will listen to them?

Thank the FSM for that.

Ramen
Michael

Canada

#529136 Apr 14, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Yoda. Why is it you OSAS protestants feel the need to quote a Catholic source when I ask what we must do to be saved? Don't you guys know?
...You think you are an ambassador (lol) and the color guard for the catholic church putting down and insulting anyone not catholic.

....... Is your parish priest on topix forums arguing catholicism every night? Of course not he is probably having a margarita talking to his friend priests on Facebook planning their summer holidays together, as you the catholic ambassador argue catholicism as your priest is laughing and enjoying the lifelong security of his position.

......life is good for me and that bothers you.
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#529137 Apr 14, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
HERE IS WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS..... A MAN HAS TO DO TO BE SAVED...
.IT IS SO EASY
Rom 10:8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;
-->Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
Rom 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
Rom 10:11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
NATIONALITY DOES NOT MATTER
Rom 10:12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.
Rom 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
Only a few verse? FOOL. The Bible gives about 200 ways to be saved.

http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/says_about/...

Such a small list from you is shameful. It sounds like you DO NOT WANT others to be saved.

Come to the lite of honesty.

Ramen

Prince George, Canada

#529138 Apr 14, 2014
Buddhist theologians were also very prideful of their religious "theologies."

And that is WHY they fought and killed each other over who had the supposed truth on which to rely.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

History of Violence in Buddhism

You have monks taking up arms and marching in the Russo-Japanese War, or earlier messianic battles in China when they thought killing people would bring them closer to enlightenment (a Ten Stage Process). Buddhists have fought against non-Buddhists, or other Buddhists. Japanese Buddhists fought to cleanse the impure Buddhist lands in China and Korea. Thai and Burmese fought for centuries against each other, each claiming religious authority as Cakravartins.

http://terryorisms.com/2010/01/16/history-of -...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope Francis's Visit to Turkey Embroiled in Par... (Dec '14) Dec 3 Azat 2
News As election nears, Pope Francis warns against f... Dec 1 Communist In A Dress 20
News Region's Catholic bishop welcomes Pope's stance... Nov 30 Cops are degenerates 35
News Franklin Graham rebuts pope on Islam: - This is... Nov 29 narako 2
News Free Presbyterians 'will protest' Pope's visit Nov 29 narako 1
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Nov 29 Married in 10,375
News Pope Francis confers Ratzinger Prizes, pays tri... Nov 29 narako 1
More from around the web