Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 685696 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

hojo

Waconia, MN

#529047 Apr 13, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
.......I will keep posting the truth.
Nice try---but you are the ONLY ONE that believes the "anti-Catholic trash statistics" that you keep trying to " pass off as truth!!!....
Michael

Canada

#529048 Apr 13, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is it that then, NO ONE on this forum believes ANY of the "so-called truths" that you claim! The reason is that EVERY Catholic can "see through" your anti-catholic agenda "smoke screen" of distorted and manipulated statistics that have come from "liberal Catholic telephone pollsters". You are fooling and convincing NO ONE but yourself with these "phony stats"!!!
Anthony, Clay, Regina ,Star and ALL faith filled Catholics, can "see through" the "cloudy and polluted thick black (smudge) that you are so famous for !!........ I am surprised that the National Inquirer has't offered you a job yet!......they are always looking for "hack statistician" writers!!!
Bla..blabla......blabla...!

......I like it when you get upset. It shows you have no self control. You let trivial things bother you. Grow up and quit worrying about nothing.

.....what do you think your parish priest is doing? Do you think he is on a forum defending catholics against protestants or is he sitting in his lazy boy chair dreaming what life would be like with a loving woman at his side.

....Stop your worrying, Your church leaders aren't. Why do YOU believe you have to be the flag bearer for the church?
Michael

Canada

#529049 Apr 13, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice try---but you are the ONLY ONE that believes the "anti-Catholic trash statistics" that you keep trying to " pass off as truth!!!....
...and you post no statistics. What does that say about you?

....Give us some numbers..........Silence!!
Jumper The Wise

Morgantown, KY

#529050 Apr 13, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
Christianity is only "special" to Christians
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>
Brewer’s Dictionary of Phrase & Fable by Ivor H. Evans … First published 1817.
The Twelvers. A sect of SHITTES who accept twelve of the descendants of ALI as Imams. The 12th IMAM, MOHAMMED, it is held, disappeared (c. 874) but is still alive and will return at the end to set up the Shi’ite faith throughout the world.
Holy shi'te June! Give it a rest.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#529051 Apr 13, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
....58 years ago I started catholic grade school where nuns taught me. Where each parish had 2 to 4 resident priests, a time when all grade school children attended weekly mass with their parents. A time when all catholics respected the clergy..........58 years later the attitude of the church has changed, catholics have changed the nuns are nearly all gone and many parishes don't have a parish priest......during that time thousands of priests and nuns have left their posts, catholic mass attendance has reversed from about 80% attendance to 20-25% attendance.
......I do comparisons of statistics from back in the day compared to today. You don't care, don't read my posts.
If you don't like doing comparisons don't read my posts. Its obvious it upsets you when I report catholic statistics.
....Did you not know that there were the same number of catholic churches in america in 1965 as there are today.........and the number of Catholics attending mass has been going down for years, as the age of catholics who do attend has been going up.
.....I have seen huge changes in the attitudes of Catholics towards the church and its leaders during the last 58 years.
..... When any corporation has falling numbers its not the customers who are to blame. Its always the product or increased competition. Comparing the catholic church, I would believe MOST catholics would agree.
Why are you too scared to answer my questions Mike?
Why are you so much more concerned about Catholic numbers in the western societies than Catholics are? As an atheist/agnostic, why would you spend so much time attacking Catholics and rarely protestants? You have an agenda. I think you resent people who aren't as weak as you and haven't succumb to the worldly secular culture like you. I don't think your life is as pleasant as you make it out to be here Mike. I think you're a phony hiding behind something. What are you hiding Mike?
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#529052 Apr 13, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
...I'll bet if someone assaulted a priest in Italy 9-1-1 would be dialed IMMEDIATLY and the purpitrator would never be seen again.
.,..Quit asking for stupid comparisons stand up for what is right for Godsakes!
....You keep making excuses.
Unbelievable!
"purpitrator"?

"information obtained through their religious ministry. "

Priests are bound by the Seal of confession. If they disclose they are automatically excommunicated. No different than lawyers who are disbarred, psychiatrists and physicians have their medical licenses revoked.

ALL priests are required to report knowledge of any abuse as long as it's not obtained "through their religuos ministry"...meaning "confession".

Not the brightest bulb on that tree are you Mike.

When are you gonna grow some and answer my questions?
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#529053 Apr 13, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> Adolph Hitler was a Rabid Dog. The Catholic Church and others were backing him.(Political ) He would've said anything to stay in power. Another good hand washing by the Church. He was getting rid of the Jews Like Roman Authority. Hitler was no more "Christian" than either of us June..Hitler was a Politician June . We know their all Liars!
The Catholic church fathers were the first Christians, and they were anti-Semitic by all accounts.

That same anti-Semitism is as alive and unwell in many Catholics and Protestants today as it was at the start of Catholicism, and many centuries later at the start of Protestantism.

Catholics and Protestants were taught that the Jews killed their savior, and that was the start of the hatred against the Jews, which continues to this day.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#529054 Apr 13, 2014
World History Timelines
Din Timelines

may 00 - Before embarking on the First Crusade Count Emich von Leiningen and his army swept through their own German homeland, murdering thousands of Jews, whom they had declared "murderers of Christ." When Emich arrived in the town of Worms, the town's Roman Catholic Bishop tried to protect the Jewish population, but the Crusaders overran his palace and slaughtered some 500 people who had taken shelter there. Another 300 were killed over the next two days. The graves of the massacre victims can still be seen at the Jewish Cemetery at Worms.

mar 16 - The Crusades began the massacre of Jews in York, England.The Jewish population of York fled to Clifford's Tower overlooking the rivers Ouse and Foss during an anti-Jewish riot. A crazed friar set fire to the tower and rather than be captured, the inhabitants committed mass suicide.

mar 17 - Crusades complete massacre of Jews of York England.

mar 18 - Crusaders kill 57 Jews in Bury St Edmonds England.

jul 15 - Pope Innocent III states Jews are doomed to perpetual servitude & subjugation due to crucifixion of Jesus.

1348x –
Accused of being a cause of the plague, the Jews in France were dragged from their houses and burned.Pogroms occurred throughout Europe. When the plague subsided, few Jews were left in Germany ? or the Low Countries.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#529055 Apr 13, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
< Religion is a totally different thing to me..
According to you, you are not stained with that word "religion," albeit you and Jesus are of the same mindset.

Hilarious!

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#529056 Apr 13, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>....I haven't got time to respond. My World Wide news desk is very busy tonight,
Atheism is a religion. They don't believe in God but they talk about it all the time. They worship atheism.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#529057 Apr 13, 2014
Christians wiped Jesus clean of his Judaism, and now he sits in heaven waiting for their arrival.

OH I forgot ... they are waiting on earth for Jesus' arrival to take some of them home. Whether it will be Catholics or Protestants that make the grade is anybody's guess, as the Catholics and Protestants don't seem to agree on that issue and Jesus is hiding in his ex-Jewish closet somewhere or other.

Apparently Jesus has the final decision of whether the Catholics or the Protestants are allowed to sit at his RIGHT side in heaven, as the left side is EVIL, and hell is the only other option.

:)
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

Brewer’s Dictionary of Phrase & Fable by Ivor H. Evans … First published 1817.

Sinister (sin is ter)(Lat., on the left hand). Foreboding of ill; ill-omened.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#529058 Apr 13, 2014
Mike_Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheism is a religion. They don't believe in God but they talk about it all the time. They worship atheism.
HALLELUJAH!!!... let us take a moment of silence in respect for the god of Atheism. It favors freedom from ALL religion.

:)
hojo

Waconia, MN

#529059 Apr 13, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
Bla..blabla......blabla...!
......I like it when you get upset. It shows you have no self control. You let trivial things bother you. Grow up and quit worrying about nothing.
.....what do you think your parish priest is doing? Do you think he is on a forum defending catholics against protestants or is he sitting in his lazy boy chair dreaming what life would be like with a loving woman at his side.
....Stop your worrying, Your church leaders aren't. Why do YOU believe you have to be the flag bearer for the church?
Trash-talking anti-Catholics like you thrive on at trying to put a "guilt trip " on ANYONE who has the guts to challenge the exaggerated lies and manipulated "junk statistics" that has you are addicted to. Hate to disappoint you Michael but I have "no intention" of sitting
back passively letting your "anti-catholic motor mouth " attack the faith and salvation of Catholics and the Catholic Church . The other option is to let you continue to "make a fool of yourself", which is what you have been doing ever since you came on this forum...
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#529060 Apr 13, 2014
Those in religion don't have any use for Atheists. But I don't take it personally, as neither do they have any use for each other ... except to threaten each other with spending eternity in hell.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#529061 Apr 13, 2014
Cultural Anthropology by Selby Garretson

A result from psychology

In American culture we feel that things on the right are somehow better, more reliable, and stronger than things on the left.

To understand why we feel this way involves going into the languages and traditions of Western culture and asking about the symbolic history of ideas “right” and “left.” The word for “left’ in Latin is sinister, and the word for “right” is dexter.“Left” in our culture’s history has been associated with “evil” or “anomalous” or “dangerous”; while “right” is associated with the law (droit, the word for “law” in French, is derived from Latin dexter and “law” or “right”) In politics,“left” means “change society to new (sinister) forms, while “right” means “keep things as they are,” or “keep going straight ahead.” Even recently, parents used to give their left-handed children problems, and no end of moral misgiving over their “affliction.” They would often make them change to being right-handed, perhaps even doing harm to the psychological well-being of the child. This preference for right-handedness persists, even though it has been estimated that up to 10 percent of the people in America are naturally left-handed.

This system of logic by oppositions is by no means confined to our society or culture. It is found all over the world.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#529062 Apr 13, 2014
I suggest that if most humans had been born left-handed, those with the tendencies to be right-handed would have been labeled as EVIL.

Majority rule.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#529063 Apr 13, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
According to you, you are not stained with that word "religion," albeit you and Jesus are of the same mindset.
Hilarious!
Yes, the statement you made there is Hilarious! Same Mindset? HaHaHa! Why, one would be As A God if that were the case June..
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#529064 Apr 13, 2014
OldJG wrote:
Is there any evidence we can’t lose our salvation? Certainly.

“My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me.“And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand.“My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of My Father’s hand.(John 10:27–29 NKJV)

Notice the explicit phrase here,“they shall never perish”. If you could lose your salvation, you would perish, and Jesus would be a liar, thus it must not be possible. But also notice two hands here, the Father and the Son. The picture of one hand over the other — a complete enclosure — so that “no one is able to snatch them out”. That’s comforting, because I’m a man, and if no one can snatch them out, I can’t snatch myself out.

Later Jesus, just before his betrayal, had this to say in his prayer to the Father.
“While I was with them in the world, I kept them in Your name. Those whom You gave Me I have kept; and none of them is lost except the son of perdition, that the Scripture might be fulfilled.(John 17:12 NKJV)

It’s not up to us to maintain our salvation. Jesus does all the work. Whose job is it to keep the sheep? Certainly not the sheep, they are too stupid. It’s the shepherd’s job to keep the sheep. And one of Jesus’ seven “I AM” statements in John is “I AM the good shepherd”(John 10:11). Jesus is the shepherd, he is not going to lose any sheep.

You Did Nothing to Earn Salvation, Right?

Ephesians 2:8–9 says we are saved by faith, not by works. In fact, even the faith to believe is a gift from God! Logically, if I did not do anything to obtain salvation, can I do anything to lose it? I don’t think so. If God chose us before the foundation of the world (Ephesians 1:4), will he unchoose us later? That would imply he can change, and God does not change.

Paul has another issue in Ephesians. In chapter 1 verses 13–14, he speaks of being “sealed” with the Holy Spirit of promise. If God seals something, I don’t see how it could be unsealed. Paul continues to speak of the Holy Spirit as “the guarantee of our inheritance”. A guarantee of being sealed is not worth much if it’s possible to lose your salvation and become unsealed.

The real problem is not can you lose your salvation, the real problem is, were you ever saved in the first place? This is perhaps a more disturbing question than losing our salvation. I am not speaking of sincere doubts, we all at some point have those (remember Satan and his deception campaign). Have you made a sincere prayer of commitment to Christ? If so, you don’t have a problem. If not, do it now.

Unfortunately, people frequently rely on feelings and experiences, which not only are unreliable, but can easily be used by the enemy to deceive us. Satan himself can transform into an angel of light (II Corinthians 11:13–14). We must anchor ourselves firmly to the rock of the Word of God.
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
What must one do to be saved?
Check the book your Roman church tells the world it gave the world.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#529065 Apr 13, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> Yes, the statement you made there is Hilarious! Same Mindset? HaHaHa! Why, one would be As A God if that were the case June..
Well ... you DO believe in Jesus as a truth-teller ... don't you???

And that means that you believe that you tell the same story as Jesus would tell if he were here in person at this moment ... RIGHT???

And that means that you believe you and Jesus think the same thoughts ... RIGHT???

You claim you aren't in a religion, but according to all theology, Jesus was first and foremost a Jewish rabbi,(king of the Jews).

THAT is being in a religion ... RIGHT???

So if you have no use for religion ... you have no use for "Jesus."

Bunkology
StarC

San Diego, CA

#529066 Apr 13, 2014
Pusher man wrote....
<quoted text> Adolph Hitler was a Rabid Dog. The Catholic Church and others were backing him.(Political ) He would've said anything to stay in power. Another good hand washing by the Church. He was getting rid of the Jews Like Roman Authority. Hitler was no more "Christian" than either of us June..Hitler was a Politician June . We know their all Liars!"
-----
FYI...

Pope Pius XII died on October 8, 1958. Many Jewish organizations and newspapers around the world mourned his passing, and recalled his wartime efforts to rescue Jews. At the United Nations, Golda Meir, Israel's Foreign Minister, said, "When fearful martyrdom came to our people in the decade of Nazi terror, the voice of the Pope was raised for the victims. The life of our times was enriched by a voice speaking out on the great moral truths above the tumult of daily conflict." The Zionist Record (October 17) in South Africa published Meir's moving eulogy along with tributes from Jewish organizations to the late Pope.

"Adherents of all creeds and parties will recall how Pius XII faced the responsibilities of his exalted office with courage and devotion," declared the Jewish Chronicle in London on October 10. "Before, during, and after the Second World War, he constantly preached the message of peace. Confronted by the monstrous cruelties of Nazism, Fascism, and Communism, he repeatedly proclaimed the virtues of humanity and compassion."

In the Canadian Jewish Chronicle (October 17), Rabbi J. Stern recalled that Pius XII "made it possible for thousands of Jewish victims of Nazism and Fascism to be hidden away..." In the November 6 edition of the Jewish Post in Winnipeg, William Zukerman, the former American Hebrew columnist, wrote that no other leader "did more to help the Jews in their hour of greatest tragedy, during the Nazi occupation of Europe, than the late Pope."

Representatives of the World Jewish Congress, American Jewish Congress, American Jewish Committee, Synagogue Council of America, New York Board of Rabbis, the Anti-Defamation League, Massachusetts Board of Rabbis, Rabbinical Council of America, National Council of Jewish Women, and the Union of American Hebrew Congregations also gracefully eulogized Pope Pius XII. The Chief Rabbis of London, Rome, Jerusalem, France, Egypt, Argentina and many other Jewish newspapers also paid tribute to the late Pope.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Aug 16 Married in 10,583
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Aug 12 Jeremy 24
News Evangelical Trump supporters want meeting with ... Aug 9 Ms Sassy 1
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Aug 8 -Prince Of Darkness- 84,839
News Pope 'loves China', Vatican official says on tr... Aug 8 Harold 2
News Pope Francis accepts resignation of Boston Auxi... Jul 29 Anti- 2
News 'That's all he wanted': Spicer, a devout Cathol... Jul 25 misleading troller 2
More from around the web