Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 658525 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

hojo

Waconia, MN

#528833 Apr 12, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you not answering my question.....since you say Christ built His One True church, the Catholic church, who built these churches:
Ac 9:31 Then had the churches rest throughout all Judaea and Galilee and Samaria, and were edified; and walking in the fear of the Lord, and in the comfort of the Holy Ghost, were multiplied.
Ac 15:41 And he went through Syria and Cilicia, confirming the churches.
Ac 16:5 And so were the churches established in the faith, and increased in number daily.
Ac 19:37 For ye have brought hither these men, which are neither robbers of churches, nor yet blasphemers of your goddess.
Ro 16:4 Who have for my life laid down their own necks: unto whom not only I give thanks, but also all the churches of the Gentiles.
Ro 16:16 Salute one another with an holy kiss. The churches of Christ salute you.
1Co 7:17 ¶ But as God hath distributed to every man, as the Lord hath called every one, so let him walk. And so ordain I in all churches.
1Co 11:16 But if any man seem to be contentious, we have no such custom, neither the churches of God.
1Co 14:33 For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.{confusion: Gr. tumult, or, unquietness}
1Co 14:34 ¶ Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law.
1Co 16:1 ¶ Now concerning the collection for the saints, as I have given order to the churches of Galatia, even so do ye.
1Co 16:19 ¶ The churches of Asia salute you. Aquila and Priscilla salute you much in the Lord, with the church that is in their house.
2Co 8:1 ¶ Moreover, brethren, we do you to wit of the grace of God bestowed on the churches of Macedonia;
2Co 8:18 And we
I respond to heretics only once!!!! ONLY----To tell them that they are heretical !!!!!!!

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#528834 Apr 12, 2014
who="Anthony MN" <quoted text>
You're misquoting 1 John.

----------
Copy and paste:

1 Jn 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

#528835 Apr 12, 2014
who=" pusherman_" <quoted text> Whopper, Fries, and large coke please.. Oh Wait! Wrong Window..

----------
June just reminded us that it was a Catholic (not Protestant) Bible in which Martin Luther found the truth of salvation by faith.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#528836 Apr 12, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
----------
Copy and paste:
1 Jn 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
Correct.

Your quote was "The BIble says that if we confess such to God, "He is faithful and just to forgive us, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness (sinful behavior, NOT unbelief)"."

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#528837 Apr 12, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you so convinced that you are right and they are wrong???
All of you interpret scriptures to your own "benefits." "I am saved and others are lost." I am pure of thought and others are NOT."
Both Protestants and Catholics make it all about your selves and your own supposed salvations.
You keep pointing fingers outward, rather than admitting that you can only change your own behavior ... and that starts with YOU.
June

Some people do as you say. In fact, most Christians at one time or another have been convinced in their own mind that they are right, and others wrong, scripturally speaking.

You have a good point to make here though, and that one should not be looking outside, but rather internally to "correct" their errors. The brain and heart(mind and passion) take time to master, if not in total then in part. Trial and error.

If I took all my failures and weighed them against my successes, well, the balance scales would be definitely tilted in the failure side, for all to see. But most people don't see.

Location hidden

#528838 Apr 12, 2014
<quoted text>
~~~
i WAS called out BY GOD.... FOR MINISTRY AS A YOUNG CHILD AND have been active
IN HIS SERVICE starting at he age of 12....
I received my credential at the age of 17... I will be 80 in June....I served as youth leader and
Choir directer and teaching vacation Bible school while in Jr High School ...
My life has not been my own from the first day of my calling....I certainly have not been
perfect.
but
I refuse to be deceived by those such as you that would attempt to bypass
God's word and set up my own conjecture.
Mat_10:33 But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.
YOU DENY JESUS...WHEN YOU SET A MERE MAN CALLED PETER IN HIS PLACE
Mat 22:37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
Mat 22:38 This is the first and great commandment.
YOU DO NOT KEEP EITHER ONE OF THESE COMMANDMENTS...
YOUR CHURCH IS YOUR FIRST LOVE...AND YOU EXCLUDE YOUR NEIGHBOR
BECAUSE OF YOUR CHURCH...
Mat 22:39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
You were probably "called" by the same that"called" atemcowboy...

Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#528839 Apr 12, 2014
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>What was the significant thing about Melchizadek? There was something very special about him. What was it?
Tony,

Melchizedek's service was NOT affected by death......

He lives and remains a priest continually.....

He is greater than the Levitical priests...
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#528840 Apr 12, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
There is "no salvation outside the Church."
OK, that has been officially changed, but the fundy catholics don't believe it.
Imagine going to mass every single week, only to be told "not required."
"June too can be saved."
Troubling :o)
Extra ecclesiam nulla salus.

846 How are we to understand this affirmation, often repeated by the Church Fathers? Re-formulated positively, it means that all salvation comes from Christ the Head through the Church which is his Body:

Basing itself on Scripture and Tradition, the Council teaches that the Church, a pilgrim now on earth, is necessary for salvation: the one Christ is the mediator and the way of salvation; he is present to us in his body which is the Church. He himself explicitly asserted the necessity of faith and Baptism, and thereby affirmed at the same time the necessity of the Church which men enter through Baptism as through a door. Hence they could not be saved who, knowing that the Catholic Church was founded as necessary by God through Christ, would refuse either to enter it or to remain in it.
hojo

Waconia, MN

#528841 Apr 12, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
What would you have against Jesus being married, except that it would mean your theologians told a different story???
Keep in mind that John Chrysostom also believed and with his "golden tongue" taught that Jesus wanted the Jews slayed.
Those church fathers were not nice men. They were brutes in god-garbs.
What would you have against me if I told everyone that you were married to four different men,and that in addition that you were on drugs and also running a house of prostitution as well !!!. That would mean also that you would undoubtedly be telling a different story than the one "I made up".------- just like the made up story regarding Jesus Christ being married! This is called "slander" on both sides of the fence!!!!!!). Those 21st century atheists and agnostics are "not very nice people spreading their anti-Catholic slander. They are brutes in atheistic-garb!

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#528842 Apr 12, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
There is "no salvation outside the Church."
OK, that has been officially changed, but the fundy catholics don't believe it.
Imagine going to mass every single week, only to be told "not required."
"June too can be saved."
Troubling :o)
Gods R Delusions

Peace

Salvation is of God.

At the moment before death, few know what their confession to be. In my opinion, most seek peace with God.

Its best to get an early start for sinners to confess. It leads to a better life now.

The little posits our brains compose, and the strategies they work out while on earth, may weigh down the truly heroic life of prudence, justice, fortitude and temperance, one might have....

Peace

Location hidden

#528843 Apr 12, 2014
"science experts" are not claiming Jesus had a wife. "science experts" are disputing the age of an ancient papyrus and the text written on it, which contains a supposed statement from Jesus regarding a "wife".
Typical atheist/agnostic response would be to take this and run with it as long as it conflicts with Christian doctrine. Anything to antagonize.
You're in waaay over your head Micheal. Find another hobby, like maybe paying attention to your wife.
----------
Jesus is a popular name in some countries. Just WHICH Jesus might they be talking about ???
Certainly not our Jesus Who HAS A BRIDE...THE CHURCH.
And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife. And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,

This shows the holy Jerusalem as the bride, the Lamb's wife. What Scripture are you reading that contradicts this???

Location hidden

#528844 Apr 12, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
Acts 1:13 - Peter is first when entering upper room after our Lord's ascension. The first Eucharist and Pentecost were given in this room.
Acts 1:15 - Peter initiates the selection of a successor to Judas right after Jesus ascended into heaven, and no one questions him. Further, if the Church needed a successor to Judas, wouldn't it need one to Peter? Of course.
Acts 2:14 - Peter is first to speak for the apostles after the Holy Spirit descended upon them at Pentecost. Peter is the first to preach the Gospel.
Acts 2:38 - Peter gives first preaching in the early Church on repentance and baptism in the name of Jesus Christ.
Acts 3:1,3,4 - Peter is mentioned first as going to the Temple to pray.
Acts 3:6-7 - Peter works the first healing of the apostles.
Acts 3:12-26, 4:8-12 - Peter teaches the early Church the healing through Jesus and that there is no salvation other than Christ.
Acts 5:3 - Peter declares the first anathema of Ananias and Sapphira which is ratified by God, and brings about their death. Peter exercises his binding authority.
Acts 5:15 - Peter's shadow has healing power. No other apostle is said to have this power.
Acts 8:14 - Peter is mentioned first in conferring the sacrament of confirmation.
Acts 8:20-23 - Peter casts judgment on Simon's quest for gaining authority through the laying on of hands. Peter exercises his binding and loosing authority.
Acts 9:32-34 - Peter is mentioned first among the apostles and works the healing of Aeneas.
Acts 9:38-40 - Peter is mentioned first among the apostles and raises Tabitha from the dead.
Acts 10:5 - Cornelius is told by an angel to call upon Peter. Angels are messengers of God. Peter was granted this divine vision.
Acts 10:34-48, 11:1-18 - Peter is first to teach about salvation for all (Jews and Gentiles).
Acts 12:5 - this verse implies that the "whole Church" offered "earnest prayers" for Peter, their leader, during his imprisonment.
Acts 12:6-11 - Peter is freed from jail by an angel. He is the first object of divine intervention in the early Church.
Acts 15:7-12 - Peter resolves the first doctrinal issue on circumcision at the Church's first council at Jerusalem, and no one questions him. After Peter the Papa spoke, all were kept silent.
Acts 15:12 - only after Peter (the Pope) speaks do Paul and Barnabas (bishops) speak in support of Peter's definitive teaching.
Acts 15:13-14 - then James speaks to further acknowledge Peter's definitive teaching. "Simeon (Peter) has related how God first visited..."
Peter also denied even knowing Christ.....three times!!!! I don't see anyone else doing that...
Michael

Canada

#528845 Apr 12, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
It is unfortunate that the Protestant and secular education culture "refuses" to acknowledge ( or should we say) CONTINUES to "cover up" the fact that sexual abide in the Protestant Churches and in the public school systems (separately or together) EXCEEDS that of the Catholic Church.
......There are only 6,800 catholic elementary/secondary high schools in america.

...There are approximately 98,000 public schools in america.

.....Are you telling us you defended the guilty priests?
...That tells us the dark side about you.

....14,500 catholic churches america in 1965.
....14,500 catholic churches america in 2013

#528846 Apr 12, 2014

----------
"Falling away" is not a matter of stumbling into a temptation, and doing some foolish thing we shouldn't do. The BIble says that if we confess such to God, "He is faithful and just to forgive us, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness (sinful behavior, NOT unbelief)".
Scripture says that "there is a sin unto death". That is the 'sin' of falling away from God, and denying His existence...unbelief

----------
Look closely. "if we confess such to God" is a reference to "some foolish thing"...SIN, not unbelief.
Unbelievers do not confess their unbelief to be sin; they boast about it...
Michael

Canada

#528847 Apr 12, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
It is unfortunate that the Protestant and secular education culture "refuses" to acknowledge ( or should we say) CONTINUES to "cover up" the fact that sexual abide in the Protestant Churches and in the public school systems (separately or together) EXCEEDS that of the Catholic Church.
...1975,......8.4 million catholic students in elementary catholic schools.
....2013,......only 5 1/2 million.

...1975,....884 thousand in catholic high schools. Today, less than 590,000!

...Why do these numbers keep going down down DOWN!!???

....From Michaels worldwide news desk.......
Michael

Canada

#528848 Apr 12, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you so convinced that you are right and they are wrong???
All of you interpret scriptures to your own "benefits." "I am saved and others are lost." I am pure of thought and others are NOT."
Both Protestants and Catholics make it all about your selves and your own supposed salvations.
You keep pointing fingers outward, rather than admitting that you can only change your own behavior ... and that starts with YOU.
...Well said!!
Michael

Canada

#528849 Apr 12, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem is, both of you believe that you spot only the truth in the scriptures.
Words have different meanings to different people.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>
The Use and Misuse of Language … edited by S. I. Hayakawa.
General semanticists know it is hard to make the average person realize that he brings meaning to the word, that the word does not contain any meaning.
....Jews claim catholics interpret scriptures incorrectly. Protestants claim catholics intepret scriptures incorrectly........and each of them use the same doctrines from the OT to claim their beliefs.

....what a waste of precious time worrying about what each other believes is true, which is probably not true.

#528850 Apr 12, 2014
who="Oxbow" <quoted text>
And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife. And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,
This shows the holy Jerusalem as the bride, the Lamb's wife. What Scripture are you reading that contradicts this???

----------
I did not contradict it; I declared it. You must not know of the supposed 'find' of a book written by "Jesus' wife". My point was that some jesus somewhere might have a wife...but the Savior of the world has a wife to whom He is true...the holy Jerusalem.
hojo

Chaska, MN

#528852 Apr 12, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
.....Are you telling us you defended the guilty priests?
...That tells us the dark side about you.
Still "making up things" aren't you Michael!!!-------I NEVER have EVER said that I defend guilty priests!-----You continue to spread "distortions, exaggeratings, lies and deceit, WHENEVER and WHEREVER you have the opportunity with your anti-catholic "fettish"!
Guilty pedophile Priests --which amounts to less than 2% of ALL Catholic priests worldwide (have, will and need) to be prosecuted for their behavior. On the otherhand so do pedophile Protestant ministers and preachers along with public school teachers whose "sexual abuse" exceeds that of the Catholic Church!!.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#528853 Apr 12, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Peter also denied even knowing Christ.....three times!!!! I don't see anyone else doing that...
You don't know your KJV very well.

Jesus knew he would deny Him. He gave him the keys and the authority to bind and loose and built the Church on him anyway.

The Farce is still strong in you Yoda. Come away from the Dark Side.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The untold story of Queen Elizabeth I and Islam Sun Full Muslim stupid 13
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Sun Mr Sir 10,239
News Cardinal tipped to be the next Pope warns of an... Sep 20 Looking down our ... 25
News Catholic schools being closed at alarming rate (Apr '08) Sep 11 Jeremy 158
News The Latest: Walesa misses papal Mass, blames la... Sep 10 Ste 1
News Mother Teresa declared saint by Pope Francis Sep 8 South Knox Hombre 6
News 'Unlikely that Pope Francis will go to Pristina' Sep 8 CCCC 1
More from around the web