Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 649894 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#528771 Apr 12, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The primate effect and religion go hand in hand. "Me big hero to God ... UGH" {{{pounds chest}}} "God no like you. God only like ME!{{{pounds chest some more}}}
You make a good born-again ape :o)

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#528772 Apr 12, 2014
Jimmy Pattison is nobody's fool. He gets rid of the business employees that he judges aren't performing up to his standards.

But God just sits back and watches the scripture-users fight and fight and fight ... and God does nothing to make the liars shut up.

I suggest God is far too lenient. However he does have a plan, but rumor has it that it unfolds in the hereafter.

Bunkology

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#528773 Apr 12, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't it ironic that YOU Ox , are using the same New Testament ( cannibal -lingo) that the many of the "fallen away" Early Christians used when they "'rejected Christs (own spoken Words) when He said " This is my Body (which is REAL food and this is my blood which is REAL drink". For unless you eat my body and drink my blood "which is REAL" you CANNOT have eternal life! This only goes to show every one of us Catholics how the heresies, lies, and distorting of the TRUTH of TRUE history and biblical mis-interpretation of Sacred Scripture is "repeating itself" in in the "21st century " bible only Protestant contradicting and inconsistent "man-made" denominations!!
Cannibal: A person who eats the flesh of other humans.

Cathlics say they eat the actual flesh of Christ....your catechism and encyclopedia say they do...you say you do...facts that cannot be refuted..

Plus the Bible teaches not to drink blood....you guys ignore this: Then the LORD said to Moses,“You must never eat or drink blood—neither you nor the foreigners living among you.'

Prince George, Canada

#528774 Apr 12, 2014
I wonder about those angels in the sky. They are supposed to be helping the god give miracles to humans on earth.

The other day a car (out of control) just missed a woman who was walking ... and no doubt that meant that for that woman the angels created a miracle. However the same car ran over a few other pedestrians killing them outright.

God gets those angels to work in mysterious ways.

Sarcasm intended.

Prince George, Canada

#528775 Apr 12, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
You make a good born-again ape :o)
Thank you! I've been told that before, and I take it as quite a compliment.

:)

Prince George, Canada

#528776 Apr 12, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Cannibal: A person who eats the flesh of other humans.
YUMMY! Don't knock it until you've tried it.

The cannibals call human meat "long pig."

By the way, the cannibals thought that those who killed and didn't eat the meat were wasteful.

Location hidden

#528777 Apr 12, 2014
And:

Ac 15:20 But that we write unto them, that they abstain from pollutions of idols, and from fornication, and from things strangled, and from blood.

That ye abstain from meats offered to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication: from which if ye keep yourselves, ye shall do well. Fare ye well.

As touching the Gentiles which believe, we have written and concluded that they observe no such thing, save only that they keep themselves from things offered to idols, and from blood, and from strangled, and from fornication.

Catlics ignore the teaching of the Bible not to drink blood....they are proud to say they do so every week!!!

Prince George, Canada

#528778 Apr 12, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
regarding the church Christ built....
AHEM .... cough cough ... I suggest that had Jesus lived, he and the other Jews would have been busy building a new Jewish Temple.

The ex-Jew Catholics would have been busy building a Catholic church, and a vatican bank to store their massive amounts of money.

Prince George, Canada

#528779 Apr 12, 2014
I wonder ... if there was no money anywhere on earth ... would there BE any religion???

Of course the barter-system "might" work its magic.

"If you assure me that I will reap rewards of eternal bliss in a hereafter, I'll give you three butchered chickens and some lettuce fresh from my garden."

Prince George, Canada

#528780 Apr 12, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
And:
Catlics ignore the teaching of the Bible not to drink blood....they are proud to say they do so every week!!!
God also loves vampires ... but only if they are Christian-vampires.

:)

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#528781 Apr 12, 2014
who="Anthony MN" Acts 1:13 - Peter is first when entering upper room after our Lord's ascension. The first Eucharist and Pentecost were given in this room.
Acts 1:15 - Peter initiates the selection of a successor to Judas right after Jesus ascended into heaven, and no one questions him. Further, if the Church needed a successor to Judas, wouldn't it need one to Peter? Of course.
Acts 2:14 - Peter is first to speak for the apostles after the Holy Spirit descended upon them at Pentecost. Peter is the first to preach the Gospel.
Acts 2:38 - Peter gives first preaching in the early Church on repentance and baptism in the name of Jesus Christ.
Acts 3:1,3,4 - Peter is mentioned first as going to the Temple to pray.
Acts 3:6-7 - Peter works the first healing of the apostles.
Acts 3:12-26, 4:8-12 - Peter teaches the early Church the healing through Jesus and that there is no salvation other than Christ.
Acts 5:3 - Peter declares the first anathema of Ananias and Sapphira which is ratified by God, and brings about their death. Peter exercises his binding authority.
Acts 5:15 - Peter's shadow has healing power. No other apostle is said to have this power.
Acts 8:14 - Peter is mentioned first in conferring the sacrament of confirmation.
Acts 8:20-23 - Peter casts judgment on Simon's quest for gaining authority through the laying on of hands. Peter exercises his binding and loosing authority.
Acts 9:32-34 - Peter is mentioned first among the apostles and works the healing of Aeneas.
Acts 9:38-40 - Peter is mentioned first among the apostles and raises Tabitha from the dead.
Acts 10:5 - Cornelius is told by an angel to call upon Peter. Angels are messengers of God. Peter was granted this divine vision.
Acts 10:34-48, 11:1-18 - Peter is first to teach about salvation for all (Jews and Gentiles).
Acts 12:5 - this verse implies that the "whole Church" offered "earnest prayers" for Peter, their leader, during his imprisonment.
Acts 12:6-11 - Peter is freed from jail by an angel. He is the first object of divine intervention in the early Church.
Acts 15:7-12 - Peter resolves the first doctrinal issue on circumcision at the Church's first council at Jerusalem, and no one questions him. After Peter the Papa spoke, all were kept silent.
Acts 15:12 - only after Peter (the Pope) speaks do Paul and Barnabas (bishops) speak in support of Peter's definitive teaching.
Acts 15:13-14 - then James speaks to further acknowledge Peter's definitive teaching. "Simeon (Peter) has related how God first visited...

----------
Read Acts 15 a little closer. You will see that, while Peter commented, it was JAMES who answered the question and sent instructions to the Gentile believers.

#528782 Apr 12, 2014
who="Anthony MN" <quoted text>
"science experts" are not claiming Jesus had a wife. "science experts" are disputing the age of an ancient papyrus and the text written on it, which contains a supposed statement from Jesus regarding a "wife".
Typical atheist/agnostic response would be to take this and run with it as long as it conflicts with Christian doctrine. Anything to antagonize.
You're in waaay over your head Micheal. Find another hobby, like maybe paying attention to your wife.

----------
Jesus is a popular name in some countries. Just WHICH Jesus might they be talking about ???

Certainly not our Jesus Who HAS A BRIDE...THE CHURCH.

#528783 Apr 12, 2014
StarC wrote:
The Bible says the Church is the bride of Christ Eph. 5:23-32. Jesus can have but ONE spouse (not 42k) HIS spouse is the Catholic Church.(Universal )
"Jesus chose the apostles to be the earthly leaders of the Church. He
gave them his own authority to teach and to govern—not as dictators, but as loving pastors and fathers. That is why Catholics call their spiritual
leaders "father." In doing so we follow Paul’s example: "I became your father in Jesus Christ through the gospel" (1 Cor. 4:15).
The apostles, fulfilling Jesus’ will, ordained bishops, priests, and deacons
and thus handed on their apostolic ministry to them—the fullest degree of ordination to the bishops, lesser degrees to the priests and deacons."
~~~

i WAS called out BY GOD.... FOR MINISTRY AS A YOUNG CHILD AND have been active
IN HIS SERVICE starting at he age of 12....

I received my credential at the age of 17... I will be 80 in June....I served as youth leader and

Choir directer and teaching vacation Bible school while in Jr High School ...

My life has not been my own from the first day of my calling....I certainly have not been

perfect.

but

I refuse to be deceived by those such as you that would attempt to bypass

God's word and set up my own conjecture.

Mat_10:33 But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.

YOU DENY JESUS...WHEN YOU SET A MERE MAN CALLED PETER IN HIS PLACE

Mat 22:37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

Mat 22:38 This is the first and great commandment.

YOU DO NOT KEEP EITHER ONE OF THESE COMMANDMENTS...

YOUR CHURCH IS YOUR FIRST LOVE...AND YOU EXCLUDE YOUR NEIGHBOR

BECAUSE OF YOUR CHURCH...
Mat 22:39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

#528784 Apr 12, 2014
Rose, what the hell is wrong with you? Do you really think a faithful Catholic would NOT refer a non-believer to a priest in order to be received into the Church? Are you still unable to grasp the concept that Catholics believe part of becoming a Christian, part of the process of accepting Christ includes receiving the sacraments? And that for one to receive the sacraments they become part of the church?

----------
Sorry, Anthony. One of the things we Protestants believe is that our speech should be pure...and certainly when talking to a lady (even if she believes differently).

Yes, I know that 'hell' is a place, but you used it as a swear word.(Scares me.)

Prince George, Canada

#528785 Apr 12, 2014
Those who idolize their religious dogmas often preach about the evil on earth ... yet they choose to keep bringing more babies into life on the same earth where they preach that evil thrives and multiplies.

And many are certain it is "God's will" that they be fruitful and multiply.

They love to tell their stories and hope others will take notice and praise them in the notion that the stories are based on absolute truth.

Humans are pathetic animals "in deed."
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#528786 Apr 12, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
who="Anthony MN" Acts 1:13 - Peter is first when entering upper room after our Lord's ascension. The first Eucharist and Pentecost were given in this room.

Read Acts 15 a little closer. You will see that, while Peter commented, it was JAMES who answered the question and sent instructions to the Gentile believers.
A hundred bible verses showing St. Peter's authority and your only comment is regarding one, and even that one you get wrong.

"If we go to Acts 15, we read that there was a lot of debate in the Church about whether Gentile converts needed to be circumcised. After the debate, Peter "rose" and declared that circumcision was not necessary. James was not even in the picture at this point. Peter made an authoritative decision about the doctrinal question, and no one questioned him. In fact, after Peter spoke it says "all kept silent." When you read the Greek phrase, it is in the aorist tense, which means the silence was the effect of Peter's definitive teaching.

After Peter settles the issue, Paul and Barnabas speak in favor of Peter's teaching. Only then does James come in. A few things about James' discourse. First, James was the bishop of Jerusalem during the council, and it is common for a bishop to speak in favor of the pope's teaching at a regional or ecumenical council. This is what James does. He agrees with Peter's definitive teaching. Second, James begins speaking, not about the doctrinal issue, but about whether the Gentiles should obey the Noachide laws. At the end of James' speech, he says "it is my judgment." The Greek here (ego krino) means that James was giving a personal opinion about a pastoral issue, and recommends that the Gentiles obey the laws of Noah so as to more easily fraternize with the Jews.

"So we see that Peter is the one who rules definitively on the question of doctrine, and all kept silent. His bishops then spoke in favor of his teaching, acknowledging that Peter was indeed the authority in the Church. No one questions Peter's judgment. Then we have James who speaks in favor of Peter's teaching by giving an opinion on a pastoral issue. Hardly a challenge to the authority of Peter. You should also point out to your friend that Acts 15 disproves the doctrine of sola Scriptura. If Peter would have relied upon the Scriptures, he would have concluded that Gentiles had to be circumcised, since all the Patriarchs and prophets were, the apostles were, and even Jesus was. But Peter, by virtue of his authority, decides the issue as the chief shepherd of the Church (and the decision was not based on the Scriptures)."

http://www.johnsalza.com/p/scripturefathers.h...

Prince George, Canada

#528787 Apr 12, 2014
"OUR Jesus" ... you say???

Be careful all of that hot air that you expel doesn't take you off into the wild blue yonder under your own STEAM.

And if that should occur ... don't forget your KJV bible. It seems you believe you would be a nothing without it.

Prince George, Canada

#528788 Apr 12, 2014
Martin Luther only had the Catholic bible on which to peddle his bullshit.

Confrinting with the word seems to believe that HE has upstaged Martin Luther with his revelations from the KJV.

Foolhardy in deed.

#528789 Apr 12, 2014
who="June VanDerMark" <quoted text>
Is that why the believers in Jesus tortured and killed each other?

----------
Prideful, political 'club members, trying to prove that they are "the best" will torture and kill others.
Jesus taught true Christians to "LOVE YOUR ENEMIES".
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#528790 Apr 12, 2014
"science experts" are not claiming Jesus had a wife. "science experts" are disputing the age of an ancient papyrus and the text written on it, which contains a supposed statement from Jesus regarding a "wife".
Typical atheist/agnostic response would be to take this and run with it as long as it conflicts with Christian doctrine. Anything to antagonize.
You're in waaay over your head Micheal. Find another hobby, like maybe paying attention to your wife.
----------
Jesus is a popular name in some countries. Just WHICH Jesus might they be talking about ???
Most likely it's part of some gnostic text written several centuries later. It's a distraction only for anti-Christian atheists/agnostics such as our dear deluded friend Michael.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News WND Anti-Vaxxer Promotion Update 21 hr friend 2
News Pope Francis: 'Trump is not Christian' Sun make Donald Drump... 47
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Jul 20 I Jus Wanna Live ... 10,173
News Holding the left responsible (Sep '15) Jul 20 Crusader 4
News The 'Obamification' of Pope Francis (Sep '15) Jul 16 odG nDmdea yoHl r... 100
News Turkey disappointed with Pope's Armenian 'genoc... (Apr '15) Jul 14 Hasan Sasirmaz 32
News Pope says Church should ask forgiveness from ga... Jul 9 South Knox Hombre 10
More from around the web