Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 687327 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Truth

Leesburg, VA

#528378 Apr 10, 2014
comment wrote:
<quoted text>
Since both predestination and freewill are scriptural fact, why not spend some time investigating the possibility that the concepts can be reconciled? Regardless of how strongly you advocate either position, the other option is present and scriptural. Just within Paul's writings he acknowledges predestination as well as warning believers to maintain the faith to the end. So Paul's understanding obviously encompassed both considerations.
We're not here to convince others either by force of will or loudness of tone, and I suspect
that you are troubled by the apparent paradox regarding this topic. I think this is not the time to shout but to rather to study and meditate.
So.....I guess you are one of those people who believe in OSAS????
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#528379 Apr 10, 2014
Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
Firstly there was never ever any god at all in the history of man. The RCC is the biggest criminal religious Organisation. The Vatican is the liar for many hundreds of years. Huge crimes have made the fortune of this mafiose Institution.
You wrote:

Firstly there was never ever any god at all in the history of man.

This is YOUR opinion and everyone has one.......

Prove there has NEVER been a God!!!

Second, I am not Catholic.....

Third, why are you here???

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#528380 Apr 10, 2014
KayMarie wrote:
[who="Oxbow" <quoted text>
How sad...
Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.
----------
Maybe you forgot: "There is none that sins not".
When Jesus said to "be perfect, even as your Father is perfect", He was referring to God's unconditional love. "He lets the sun shine on the just and the unjust." (Do you?)
Thanks for confirming that you are one of the blind and deaf to God's Word...
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#528381 Apr 10, 2014
Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
Forget all that religious garbage turn to science!
You may be surprised to learn that the Bible revealed that the earth is round.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#528382 Apr 10, 2014
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Fact is Anthony one cannot understand Scripture until their born-anew, your thinking will do a one-eighty and only then you are open to what God has to say to you.
Thank you for your opinion marge. Please know that your take on scripture was not shared by Jesus, the apostles, any Christians in the early Church or today's Church.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#528383 Apr 10, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
"NOTE ABOVE BIRTHS MENTIONED IN THE ABOVE..
YOU BAPTIZE AND CALL THAT THE NEW BIRTH AND IGNORE
THAT JESUS SAID "that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. "
IT IS ONLY WHEN WE ARE BORN OF THE SPIRIT...THAT WE BECOME CHRISTIANS."
"A PERSON THAT IS NOT BORN AGAIN OF THE SPIRIT.....
. IS NOT REDEEMED....is bound for hell
HE IS STILL IN HIS SINS..
.No matter how many ritual and religious calisthenics he involves himself in"
You are not an ordained minister of the Church Christ founded. You have no authority to speak for God. Thank you for your personal opinions on the meaning of scripture, but no Christian is bound by them.
~~~

i GIVE YOU GOD'S WORD

BOOK

CHAPTER AND

VERSE...

Your personal opinion of me ...is of no consequence (I AM WHOM GOD SAYS I AM)

....That you DISREGARD GOD'S WORD ...AND ARE BLATANTLY disobedient to HIS WILL,

IS THAT WHICH DECIDES YOUR SOUL'S..ETERNAL DESTINY.

MY SOUL IS SECURE...IS YOURS?
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#528384 Apr 10, 2014
36. Protestantism has largely neglected the place of liturgy in worship (with notable exceptions such as Anglicanism and Lutheranism). This is the way Christians had always worshiped down through the centuries, and thus can't be so lightly dismissed.

37. Protestantism tends to oppose matter and spirit, favoring the latter, and is somewhat Gnostic or Docetic in this regard.

38. Catholicism upholds the "incarnational principle," wherein Jesus became flesh and thus raised flesh and matter to new spiritual heights.

39. Protestantism greatly limits or disbelieves in sacramentalism, which is simply the extension of the incarnational principle and the belief that matter can convey grace. Some sects (e.g., Baptists, many Pentecostals) reject all sacraments.

40. Protestants' excessive mistrust of the flesh ("carnality") often leads to (in evangelicalism or fundamentalism) an absurd legalism (no dancing, drinking, card-playing, rock music, etc.).

41. Many Protestants tend to separate life into categories of "spiritual" and "carnal," as if God is not Lord of all of life. It forgets that all non-sinful endeavors are ultimately spiritual.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#528385 Apr 10, 2014
85. The anti-historical outlook of many Protestants leads to individuals thinking that the Holy Spirit is speaking to them, but has not, in effect, spoken to the multitudes of Christians for 1500 years before Protestantism began!

87. Evangelicalism is unbiblically obsessed (in typically American fashion) with celebrities (TV Evangelists).

88. Evangelicalism is infatuated with the false idea that great numbers in a congregation (or rapid growth) are a sign of God's presence in a special way, and His unique blessing. They forget that Mormonism is also growing by leaps and bounds. God calls us to faithfulness rather than to "success," obedience, not flattering statistics.

89. Evangelicalism often emphasizes numerical growth rather than individual spiritual growth.

90. Evangelicalism is presently obsessed with self-fulfillment, self-help, and oftentimes, outright selfishness, rather than the traditional Christian stress on suffering, sacrifice, and service.

91. Evangelicalism has a truncated and insufficient view of the place of suffering in the Christian life. Instead, "health-and-wealth" and "name-it-and-claim-it " movements within Pentecostal Protestantism are flourishing, which have a view of possessions not in harmony with the Bible and Christian Tradition.

92. Evangelicalism has, by and large, adopted a worldview which is, in many ways, more capitalist than Christian. Wealth and personal gain is sought more than godliness, and is seen as a proof of God's favor, as in Puritan, and secularized American thought, over against the Bible and Christian teaching.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#528386 Apr 10, 2014
100. One of Protestantism's foundational principles is sola Scriptura, which is neither a biblical (see below), historical (nonexistent until the 16th century), nor logical (it's self-defeating) idea:

101. The Bible doesn't contain the whole of Jesus' teaching, or Christianity, as many Protestants believe (Mk 4:33; Mk 6:34; Lk 24:15-16; Lk 24:25-27; Jn 16:12; Jn 20:30; Jn 21:25; Acts 1:2-3).

102. Sola Scriptura is an abuse of the Bible, since it is a use of the Bible contrary to its explicit and implicit testimony about itself and Tradition. An objective reading of the Bible leads one to Tradition and the Catholic Church, rather than the opposite. The Bible is, in fact, undeniably a Christian Tradition itself!

103. The NT was neither written nor received as the Bible at first, but only gradually so (i.e., early Christianity couldn't have believed in sola Scriptura like current Protestants, unless it referred to the OT alone).

115. Sola Scriptura literally couldn't have been true, practically speaking, for most Christians throughout history, since the movable-type printing press only appeared in the mid-15th century. Preaching and oral Tradition, along with things like devotional practices, Christian holidays, church architecture and other sacred art, were the primary carriers of the gospel for 1400 years. For all these centuries, sola Scriptura would have been regarded as an absurd abstraction and impossibility.

117. Sola Scriptura is Protestantism's "Achilles' Heel." Merely invoking sola Scriptura is no solution to the problem of authority and certainty as long as multiple interpretations exist. If the Bible were so clear that all Protestants agreed simply by reading it with a willingness to accept and follow its teaching, this would be one thing, but since this isn't the case by a long shot (the multiplicity of denominations), sola Scriptura is a pipe-dream at best. About all that all Protestants agree on is that Catholicism is wrong! Of all Protestant ideas, the "clarity" or perspicuity of the Bible is surely one of the most absurd and the most demonstrably false by the historical record.

118. Put another way, having a Bible does not render one's private judgment infallible. Interpretation is just as inevitable as tradition. The Catholic Church therefore, is absolutely necessary in order to speak authoritatively and to prevent confusion, error, and division.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#528387 Apr 10, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
i GIVE YOU GOD'S WORD
BOOK
CHAPTER AND
VERSE...
Your personal opinion of me ...is of no consequence (I AM WHOM GOD SAYS I AM)
....That you DISREGARD GOD'S WORD ...AND ARE BLATANTLY disobedient to HIS WILL,
IS THAT WHICH DECIDES YOUR SOUL'S..ETERNAL DESTINY.
MY SOUL IS SECURE...IS YOURS?
I believe in God's Word. I do not disregard God's Word.

I reject your opinion of the meaning of God's Word because you do not speak for God and have no authority. You are not an ordained minister of Christ's Church and have no authority to preach or hold anyone to your private opinions of God's Word.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#528388 Apr 10, 2014
122. Contrary to Protestant anti-Catholic myth, the Catholic Church has always revered the Bible, and hasn't suppressed it (it protested some Protestant translations, but Protestants have often done the same regarding Catholic versions). This is proven by the laborious care of monks in protecting and copying manuscripts, and the constant translations into vernacular tongues (as opposed to the falsehoods about only Latin Bibles), among other plentiful and indisputable historical evidences. The Bible is a Catholic book, and no matter how much Protestants study it and proclaim it as peculiarly their own, they must acknowledge their undeniable debt to the Catholic Church for having decided the Canon, and for preserving the Bible intact for 1400 years. How could the Catholic Church be "against the Bible," as anti-Catholics say, yet at the same time preserve and revere the Bible profoundly for so many years? The very thought is so absurd as to be self-refuting. If Catholicism is indeed as heinous as anti-Catholics would have us believe, Protestantism ought to put together its own Bible, instead of using the one delivered to them by the Catholic Church, as it obviously could not be trusted!
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#528389 Apr 10, 2014
130. Contrary to Protestant myth and anti-Catholicism, the Catholic Church doesn't teach that one is saved by works apart from preceding and enabling grace, but that faith and works are inseparable, as in James 1 and 2. This heresy of which Catholicism is often charged, was in fact condemned by the Catholic Church at the Second Council of Orange in 529 A.D. It is known as Pelagianism, the view that man could save himself by his own natural efforts, without the necessary supernatural grace from God. A more moderate view, Semi-Pelagianism, was likewise condemned. To continue to accuse the Catholic Church of this heresy is a sign of both prejudice and manifest ignorance of the history of theology, as well as the clear Catholic teaching of the Council of Trent (1545-63), available for all to see. Yet the myth is strangely prevalent.
endtimesYTube

Marietta, GA

#528390 Apr 10, 2014

*Exact meaning of coming 1st BLOOD Moon -----

http://youtu.be/FW8MNerYOtk

Location hidden

#528391 Apr 10, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
Oldie but goodie here...
"One Hundred Fifty Reasons I'm Catholic
And You Should Be Too!"
17. Protestantism leans too much on mere traditions of men (every denomination stems from one Founder's vision. As soon as two or more of these contradict each other, error is necessarily present).
19. Protestantism, due to lack of real authority and dogmatic structure, is tragically prone to accommodation to the spirit of the age, and moral faddism.
20. Catholicism retains apostolic succession, necessary to know what is true Christian apostolic Tradition. It was the criterion of Christian truth used by the early Christians.
21. Many Protestants take a dim view towards Christian history in general, esp. the years from 313 (Constantine's conversion) to 1517 (Luther's arrival). This ignorance and hostility to Catholic Tradition leads to theological relativism, anti-Catholicism, and a constant, unnecessary process of "reinventing the wheel."
25. Protestantism has no way of settling doctrinal issues definitively. At best, the individual Protestant can only take a head count of how many Protestant scholars, commentators, etc. take such-and-such a view on Doctrine X, Y, or Z. There is no unified Protestant Tradition.
26. Protestantism arose in 1517, and is a "Johnny-come-lately" in the history of Christianity. Therefore it cannot possibly be the "restoration" of "pure", "primitive" Christianity, since this is ruled out by the fact of its absurdly late appearance. Christianity must have historic continuity or it is not Christianity. Protestantism is necessarily a "parasite" of Catholicism, historically and doctrinally speaking.
27. The Protestant notion of the "invisible church" is also novel in the history of Christianity and foreign to the Bible (Mt 5:14; Mt 16:18), therefore untrue.
29. The Protestant principle of private judgment has created a milieu (esp. in Protestant America) in which (invariably) man-centered "cults" such as Jehovah's Witnesses, Mormonism, and Christian Science arise. The very notion that one can "start" a new, or "the true" Church is Protestant to the core.
30. The lack of a definitive teaching authority in Protestant (as with the Catholic magisterium) makes many individual Protestants think that they have a direct line to God, notwithstanding all of Christian Tradition and the history of biblical exegesis (a "Bible, Holy Spirit and me" mentality). Such people are generally under-educated theologically, unteachable, lack humility, and have no business making presumed "infallible" statements about the nature of Christianity.
More here; http://www.ourcatholicfaith.org/reasons.html
Enjoy!
Thank God for Catholics who ignore His teaching, preferring the teaching of men, otherwise, I would still be a deaf/mute on the broad path that leads to destruction...
Liam

Denver, CO

#528392 Apr 10, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah I heard of "Left behind". This is a fairly new man made concept.. I bet you salivate at the idea of all us Catholics getting left behind and in our agony we'll realize 'Preston was right. We should have listened to Preston. Preston was a prophet!'
Can I assume that we Catholics will be left behind with all the osas teachers too? You don't think your osas brothers will be caught up after undoing the teachings of Jesus, do you?
~~~
The Bible says
Rom_14:23 .....whatsoever is not of faith is sin.
You Roman Catholics admit that you have no assurance that your religion secures eternal life FOR YOU
.YOUR RELIGION IS NOT OF FAITH....
THEREFORE IT IS SIN..
WE THAT ARE BORN AGAIN..
HAVE THE ASSURANCE...We don't depend upon the word of dead Saints...
We have the word of OUR LIVING SAVIOR.....
THE APOSTLE PAUL WROTE
2Ti_1:12 For the which cause I also suffer these things:
--> nevertheless I am not ashamed:
for I know whom I have believed, and
am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed
unto him against that day. <--
The best chance to get to Heaven; the guaranteed path, is to stay in a state of grace in the Church Jesus started. The Catholic Church. Weekly partaking in the Eucharist, daily prayer and Confession. This is living the Bible not reading it.
From there, as the human race strays further and further from the One Holy and Apostolic Church, our odds get tougher. With each passing generation of Protestantism....the teachings of the Lord get more and more skewed.
Just look at the data, Confrint. You had simple protesting at first, later called "Lutherans", then it slowly evolved from there. A couple hundred yrs later, it completely derailed with JW'S and SDA. Then it came back a little with the American tent revivals of the 1950s... spawning the born again movements. You guys have good intentions mostly, but u can be incredibly ignorant, relying on lies about Catholics in order to shape your doctrines. I think we've shown this as so, many times over on this forum. You can not function unless you bear false witness against us. Why doesn't that raise a red flag for you? It doesn't because you conveniently ignore what you heard. That ain't fair to us, you or anyone else that's led into your movement.

Location hidden

#528393 Apr 10, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for your opinion marge. Please know that your take on scripture was not shared by Jesus, the apostles, any Christians in the early Church or today's Church.
Scripture was quoted in Joshua...Scripture was quoted by Christ before He built His church....

Location hidden

#528394 Apr 10, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
The best chance to get to Heaven; the guaranteed path, is to stay in a state of grace in the Church Jesus started. The Catholic Church. Weekly partaking in the Eucharist, daily prayer and Confession. This is living the Bible not reading it.
From there, as the human race strays further and further from the One Holy and Apostolic Church, our odds get tougher. With each passing generation of Protestantism....the teachings of the Lord get more and more skewed.
Just look at the data, Confrint. You had simple protesting at first, later called "Lutherans", then it slowly evolved from there. A couple hundred yrs later, it completely derailed with JW'S and SDA. Then it came back a little with the American tent revivals of the 1950s... spawning the born again movements. You guys have good intentions mostly, but u can be incredibly ignorant, relying on lies about Catholics in order to shape your doctrines. I think we've shown this as so, many times over on this forum. You can not function unless you bear false witness against us. Why doesn't that raise a red flag for you? It doesn't because you conveniently ignore what you heard. That ain't fair to us, you or anyone else that's led into your movement.
Tell me what definition your NABre pope approved Bible teaches regarding the church Christ built. I don't see one word about it being the one (and only one) TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church.

Church: this word (Greek ekkl&#275;sia) occurs in the gospels only here and in Mt 18:17 (twice). There are several possibilities for an Aramaic original. Jesusí church means the community that he will gather and that, like a building, will have Peter as its solid foundation. That function of Peter consists in his being witness to Jesus as the Messiah, the Son of the living God.

BTW..Christians, such as I, believe the Word of God...His Word, on this matter, says you are a liar...

Location hidden

#528395 Apr 10, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Confinting!! I see that you are still spreading "the same old anti-Catholic heresy" that you are "so famous for" by manipulating, twisting and contorting the Word of God to make it mean ONLY what you want it to mean!!... It is unfortunate that you have "failed" to learn "anything" from your (true Christian wife Kay Marie)...who sets the true Christian example in your family!!
You are not mine-nor "any other Catholics judge as to the "lives of faith" in Jesus Christ that we live (each and every day) with daily Mass, the TRUE body and blood of Christ in the Eucharist AND the TRUE Word of God that we hear and read every day !!! You have " no authority--do no speak for God---and continue to live in a " private judgmental world of other Christians and their faith in Jesus Christ in which your " personal hostile opinions" are the final authority!!!!
Christ did not teach us to be cannibals.....The Lord's Supper is a symbolic act of obedience whereby members of the church, through partaking of the bread and the fruit of the vine, memorialize the death of the Redeemer and anticipate His second coming.
KayMarie

Carlisle, PA

#528396 Apr 10, 2014
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Fact is Anthony one cannot understand Scripture until their born-anew, your thinking will do a one-eighty and only then you are open to what God has to say to you.

Anthony:

----------
Sorry...Paul stated this very thing:

1Co 2:7 But we impart a secret and hidden wisdom of God, which God decreed before the ages for our glory.
1Co 2:8 None of the rulers of this age understood this, for if they had, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.
1Co 2:9 But, as it is written, "What no eye has seen, nor ear heard, nor the heart of man imagined, what God has prepared for those who love him"--
1Co 2:10 THESE THINGS GOD HAS REVEALED TO US THROUGH HIS SPIRIT...

1Co 2:11 For who knows a person's thoughts except the spirit of that person, which is in him? So also no one comprehends the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God.
1Co 2:12 Now we have received not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might understand the things freely given us by God.
1Co 2:13 And we impart this in words not taught by human wisdom but taught by the Spirit, interpreting spiritual truths to those who are spiritual.
1Co 2:14 THE NATURAL MAN (NOT BORN AGAIN) DOES NOT ACCEPT THE THINGS OF THE SPIRIT OF GOD, for they are folly to him, and he is not able to understand them because they are spiritually discerned.

Location hidden

#528398 Apr 10, 2014
Whaddaboutit Clay?????

Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
I think OSAS is a serious disagreement. One side is in a sinful situation for undoing the word of God. U know it Preston. If u born againers are truly in possession of Biblical truth, then who has the correct Biblical truth??
Y'all sweep it under the rug like it ain't a big deal.
U claim you're a man appointed by Jesus to explain it all? How is your revelation different than St. Augustine or St. Ignatius? Come on man, explain this stuff if you truly wanna "save" my Roman Catholic Behind.. Otherwise I'm staying put.
----------
Christians fully understand, accept, and are forever thankful:

And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

Tell me what the above Scripture means to you.....to me it means exactly what it says....once you receive eternal life...you shall never perish....no one can get you out of God's hand...period...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Fri Eyes on Christ 10,638
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Sep 19 Tom Fontaine 42
News Catholic clergy fires back after Bannon criticism Sep 11 South Knox Hombre 1
News Evangelical Trump supporters want meeting with ... Aug '17 Ms Sassy 1
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Aug '17 -Prince Of Darkness- 84,839
News Pope 'loves China', Vatican official says on tr... Aug '17 Harold 2
News Pope Francis accepts resignation of Boston Auxi... Jul '17 Anti- 2
More from around the web