Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 690389 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

comment

Pomona, MO

#528358 Apr 10, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Oxbow,
Truly, no one is wise or strong enough to over power God and take you or me away ~~~ IF ~~~ we are loyal to Him.
Yet, one can walk away, as we have seen many do in the centuries past, as they are recorded in the Bible for us to see.
OSAS is false doctrine created by man or you could say Satan to led many astray....which has already happened!!!!!!!!!!
Since both predestination and freewill are scriptural fact, why not spend some time investigating the possibility that the concepts can be reconciled? Regardless of how strongly you advocate either position, the other option is present and scriptural. Just within Paul's writings he acknowledges predestination as well as warning believers to maintain the faith to the end. So Paul's understanding obviously encompassed both considerations.

We're not here to convince others either by force of will or loudness of tone, and I suspect
that you are troubled by the apparent paradox regarding this topic. I think this is not the time to shout but to rather to study and meditate.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#528359 Apr 10, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
A commentary does not define words.....dictionaries do...you have no idea of the definition of the word perfect as used in that Scripture....otherwise you would not trash God's Word..
Why would God's Word teach us to be perfect as our Father in Heaven, if as you say, it is wrong to teach it?? You got a calling alright...but it was not from God...per your words.....
BTW..Christians know that God cannot...ever...be wrong....teach wrong...do wrong...etc etc etc...
Oxbow,

perfect.....

brought to its end, finished

wanting nothing necessary to completeness

perfect

that which is perfect

consummate human integrity and virtue

of men

full grown, adult, of full age, mature

Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

Jesus contrasts His teaching with that of the Old Law.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#528360 Apr 10, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah I heard of "Left behind". This is a fairly new man made concept.. I bet you salivate at the idea of all us Catholics getting left behind and in our agony we'll realize 'Preston was right. We should have listened to Preston. Preston was a prophet!'
Can I assume that we Catholics will be left behind with all the osas teachers too? You don't think your osas brothers will be caught up after undoing the teachings of Jesus, do you?
Does Osas give one a free pass? The ones that think it does are doing nothing but making a Mockery out of Jesus, and forgiveness..Pitiful how these new age Liberal Christians seem to think that, they can just change scripture to whatever need, needs met..Which is usually self serving, the people change with time, but the Word is Eternal and doesn't..The osas then have the nerve to tell someone else that they're going to Hell..
Henry

Germany

#528361 Apr 10, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Oxbow,
Truly, no one is wise or strong enough to over power God and take you or me away ~~~ IF ~~~ we are loyal to Him.
Yet, one can walk away, as we have seen many do in the centuries past, as they are recorded in the Bible for us to see.
OSAS is false doctrine created by man or you could say Satan to led many astray....which has already happened!!!!!!!!!!
Firstly there was never ever any god at all in the history of man. The RCC is the biggest criminal religious Organisation. The Vatican is the liar for many hundreds of years. Huge crimes have made the fortune of this mafiose Institution.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#528362 Apr 10, 2014
Tony17 wrote:
A wise man that argues with an imbecile becomes a bigger imbecile than the imbecile.

Mat_5:22 But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council:

but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.
Truth

Leesburg, VA

#528363 Apr 10, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for proving my words 110% true and correct: Your senseless prattle verifies you have not a clue as to the meaning of the word perfect as used in that Scripture...
Just a thought...if you were "called of God".....pigs really do fly!!!!!
Oxbow,

"perfect" in the Bible can and does mean "complete" or "finished"

also,

"perfect" in the Bible can and does mean "mature" or "grown up"
Henry

Germany

#528364 Apr 10, 2014
Cisco Kid wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, preston.
You sound just like those Pharisees after Jesus warned them.
Jesus is not god and there was never a god in the human history. The bible is mostly of lies, fake or even mistakes. These scriptures are written or manipulated in the interests of the rich and mighty one many times.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#528365 Apr 10, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah I heard of "Left behind". This is a fairly new man made concept.. I bet you salivate at the idea of all us Catholics getting left behind and in our agony we'll realize 'Preston was right. We should have listened to Preston. Preston was a prophet!'
Can I assume that we Catholics will be left behind with all the osas teachers too? You don't think your osas brothers will be caught up after undoing the teachings of Jesus, do you?

~~~

The Bible says

Rom_14:23 .....whatsoever is not of faith is sin.

You Roman Catholics admit that you have no assurance that your religion secures eternal life FOR YOU

.YOUR RELIGION IS NOT OF FAITH....

THEREFORE IT IS SIN..

WE THAT ARE BORN AGAIN..

HAVE THE ASSURANCE...We don't depend upon the word of dead Saints...

We have the word of OUR LIVING SAVIOR.....

THE APOSTLE PAUL WROTE

2Ti_1:12 For the which cause I also suffer these things:

--> nevertheless I am not ashamed:

for I know whom I have believed, and

am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed

unto him against that day. <--

KayMarie

Carlisle, PA

#528366 Apr 10, 2014
[who="Oxbow" <quoted text>
How sad...
Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

----------
Maybe you forgot: "There is none that sins not".
When Jesus said to "be perfect, even as your Father is perfect", He was referring to God's unconditional love. "He lets the sun shine on the just and the unjust." (Do you?)
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#528367 Apr 10, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
Joh 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
NOTE ABOVE BIRTHS MENTIONED IN THE ABOVE..
YOU BAPTIZE AND CALL THAT THE NEW BIRTH AND IGNORE
THAT JESUS SAID "that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. "
IT IS ONLY WHEN WE ARE BORN OF THE SPIRIT...THAT WE BECOME CHRISTIANS.
Joh 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
NOTE
Joh 1:13 Which were born, not of blood,
nor of the will of the flesh,
nor of the will of man,
but of God.
(IT IS OUR SPIRITS THAT IS REDEEMED WHEN WE ARE BORN AGAIN.)
Rom 8:22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.
Rom 8:23 And not only they, but ourselves also,
which have the firstfruits of the Spirit,
even we ourselves groan within ourselves,
(WE WAIT FOR THE REDEMPTION OF OUR BODIES)
--> waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body. <--
A PERSON THAT IS NOT BORN AGAIN OF THE SPIRIT.....
. IS NOT REDEEMED....is bound for hell
HE IS STILL IN HIS SINS..
.No matter how many ritual and religious calisthenics he involves himself in
"NOTE ABOVE BIRTHS MENTIONED IN THE ABOVE..
IT IS ONLY WHEN WE ARE BORN OF THE SPIRIT...THAT WE BECOME CHRISTIANS."

"A PERSON THAT IS NOT BORN AGAIN OF THE SPIRIT.....
.No matter how many ritual and religious calisthenics he involves himself in"

You are not an ordained minister of the Church Christ founded. You have no authority to speak for God. Thank you for your personal opinions on the meaning of scripture, but no Christian is bound by them.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#528368 Apr 10, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
The Bible says
You Roman Catholics admit that you have no assurance that your religion secures eternal life FOR YOU
THEREFORE IT IS SIN..
WE THAT ARE BORN AGAIN..
HAVE THE ASSURANCE...We don't depend upon the word of dead Saints...
We have the word of OUR LIVING SAVIOR.....
THE APOSTLE PAUL WROTE
2Ti_1:12 For the which cause I also suffer these things:
--> nevertheless I am not ashamed:
for I know whom I have believed, and
am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed
unto him against that day. <--
That's a lie. You have no authority to make such statements. You do not speak for God.
Henry

Bischofferode, Germany

#528369 Apr 10, 2014
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>You've been there for that many years? That s'plains a whole lot.
So I guess basically 2nd Timothy 3:5-7 fits you huh? You seem to be one of those people that's ever learning but NEVER ABLE TO COME TO A KNOWLEDGE OF THE TRUTH.
Might be time to find a new church. Or a new pastor.
Forget all that religious garbage turn to science!
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#528370 Apr 10, 2014
Oldie but goodie here...

"One Hundred Fifty Reasons I'm Catholic
And You Should Be Too!"

17. Protestantism leans too much on mere traditions of men (every denomination stems from one Founder's vision. As soon as two or more of these contradict each other, error is necessarily present).

19. Protestantism, due to lack of real authority and dogmatic structure, is tragically prone to accommodation to the spirit of the age, and moral faddism.

20. Catholicism retains apostolic succession, necessary to know what is true Christian apostolic Tradition. It was the criterion of Christian truth used by the early Christians.

21. Many Protestants take a dim view towards Christian history in general, esp. the years from 313 (Constantine's conversion) to 1517 (Luther's arrival). This ignorance and hostility to Catholic Tradition leads to theological relativism, anti-Catholicism, and a constant, unnecessary process of "reinventing the wheel."

25. Protestantism has no way of settling doctrinal issues definitively. At best, the individual Protestant can only take a head count of how many Protestant scholars, commentators, etc. take such-and-such a view on Doctrine X, Y, or Z. There is no unified Protestant Tradition.

26. Protestantism arose in 1517, and is a "Johnny-come-lately" in the history of Christianity. Therefore it cannot possibly be the "restoration" of "pure", "primitive" Christianity, since this is ruled out by the fact of its absurdly late appearance. Christianity must have historic continuity or it is not Christianity. Protestantism is necessarily a "parasite" of Catholicism, historically and doctrinally speaking.

27. The Protestant notion of the "invisible church" is also novel in the history of Christianity and foreign to the Bible (Mt 5:14; Mt 16:18), therefore untrue.

29. The Protestant principle of private judgment has created a milieu (esp. in Protestant America) in which (invariably) man-centered "cults" such as Jehovah's Witnesses, Mormonism, and Christian Science arise. The very notion that one can "start" a new, or "the true" Church is Protestant to the core.

30. The lack of a definitive teaching authority in Protestant (as with the Catholic magisterium) makes many individual Protestants think that they have a direct line to God, notwithstanding all of Christian Tradition and the history of biblical exegesis (a "Bible, Holy Spirit and me" mentality). Such people are generally under-educated theologically, unteachable, lack humility, and have no business making presumed "infallible" statements about the nature of Christianity.

More here; http://www.ourcatholicfaith.org/reasons.html

Enjoy!
Henry

Bischofferode, Germany

#528371 Apr 10, 2014
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>And I guess it's a safe bet that you have never been taught anything about HULDAH the Prophetess who ran a college huh.
http://www.biblegateway.com/resources/all-wom...
Not to be bragging here but I have already learned and forgotten things you have yet to learn in Gods word.
There was in the whole human history never any god!
Henry

Bischofferode, Germany

#528372 Apr 10, 2014
Jumper The Wise wrote:
<quoted text>
That must have been some trip!
Just making a suggestion.If you really think there is somthing to your problem place a crucifix under the chair they are sitting in.Place a bible close to you on the right on a lamp table maybe.Oh,and have some salt in your pocket.
Somthing I heard once.
Better get acquainted with science!
Henry

Bischofferode, Germany

#528373 Apr 10, 2014
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Marge, when a five year old and an 80 year old come together and that 5 year old demonstrates that he has a better grasp on a matter than the 80 year old then that 5 year old becomes the teacher and the 80 year old becomes the student. A wise person understands this fact. Now even though you may be an antique age wise, we both know that truth be told, who the teacher is on this forum Right? Now be truthful for once in your life you old hag,LOL.
Let me straiten out science is better than any Religion.
Henry

Bischofferode, Germany

#528374 Apr 10, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Oxbow,
Don`t bother with all that silly religious garbage. You better turn to science and your life has some sense.
hojo

Waconia, MN

#528375 Apr 10, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
The Bible says
THEREFORE IT IS SIN..
Hey Confinting!! I see that you are still spreading "the same old anti-Catholic heresy" that you are "so famous for" by manipulating, twisting and contorting the Word of God to make it mean ONLY what you want it to mean!!... It is unfortunate that you have "failed" to learn "anything" from your (true Christian wife Kay Marie)...who sets the true Christian example in your family!!
You are not mine-nor "any other Catholics judge as to the "lives of faith" in Jesus Christ that we live (each and every day) with daily Mass, the TRUE body and blood of Christ in the Eucharist AND the TRUE Word of God that we hear and read every day !!! You have " no authority--do no speak for God---and continue to live in a " private judgmental world of other Christians and their faith in Jesus Christ in which your " personal hostile opinions" are the final authority!!!!
Henry

Bischofferode, Germany

#528376 Apr 10, 2014
Joh 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
NOTE ABOVE BIRTHS MENTIONED IN THE ABOVE..
IT IS ONLY WHEN WE ARE BORN OF THE SPIRIT...THAT WE BECOME CHRISTIANS.
Joh 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
NOTE
Joh 1:13 Which were born, not of blood,
nor of the will of the flesh,
nor of the will of man,
but of God.
(IT IS OUR SPIRITS THAT IS REDEEMED WHEN WE ARE BORN AGAIN.)
Rom 8:22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.
Rom 8:23 And not only they, but ourselves also,
which have the firstfruits of the Spirit,
even we ourselves groan within ourselves,
(WE WAIT FOR THE REDEMPTION OF OUR BODIES)
--> waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body. <--
A PERSON THAT IS NOT BORN AGAIN OF THE SPIRIT.....
.No matter how many ritual and religious calisthenics he involves himself in
Forget that whole religious garbage!
marge

Leesburg, GA

#528377 Apr 10, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
.No matter how many ritual and religious calisthenics he involves himself in"
You are not an ordained minister of the Church Christ founded. You have no authority to speak for God. Thank you for your personal opinions on the meaning of scripture, but no Christian is bound by them.
Fact is Anthony one cannot understand Scripture until their born-anew, your thinking will do a one-eighty and only then you are open to what God has to say to you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Sat Eyes on Christ 10,655
News John Paul I Closer to Sainthood as Book Debunks... Nov 12 South Knox Hombre 1
News Vatican backs Obama as Nobel Peace Prize Winner (Oct '09) Nov 8 Feeling Abandoned 37
News Pope Francis to stop off in Cuba on way to Unit... (Apr '15) Nov 2 whirlignmerc 11
News War, religion and tolerance Oct 30 The Bible Student 1
News Pope Francis Denounces Gender Confirmation Surg... Oct '17 TerriB1 1
News Paul Is No Inventor of Christianity, Says Pope (Sep '08) Oct '17 The Bible Student 81
More from around the web