Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 589475 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#527972 Apr 8, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Want answers??? Here the are AGAIN!!! Read the TRUTH from me AGAIN!!(9) of them!
527890, 527853, 527862, 527768, 527725, 527488, 527495, 527479, 527348
Want more answers??? Here they are AGAIN!! Read the TRUTH from Anthony AGAIN (4)
527683, 527288, 527845, 527849
Want more answers?? Here they are AGAIN!! Read the TRUTH from Liam AGAIN (4)
527672, 527619, 527770, 527740
Summary:
The Bible only Protestant teaching of OSAS is heresy
The Bible only teaching that the bible is the only source of Truth for Christians is a distorted, and perverted doctrine that is unbiblical, unhistorical and untenable NOWHERE is it EVER taught in Sacred Scripture.........Sola Scriptural is an 18th century " man-made doctrine" of deception, false teachings and distorted manipulative "opinions" that have little or no basis of ANY Truth to back it up!!!!
Still want more answers??? Read--re-read and re-read again until eventually (just maybe) it might sink in!!!!
You will not answer my question because it will clearly show the proof of my words...you are a liar...

Tell me what definition your NABre pope approved Bible teaches regarding the church Christ built. I don't see one word about it being the one (and only one) TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church.

Church: this word (Greek ekkl&#275;sia) occurs in the gospels only here and in Mt 18:17 (twice). There are several possibilities for an Aramaic original. Jesusí church means the community that he will gather and that, like a building, will have Peter as its solid foundation. That function of Peter consists in his being witness to Jesus as the Messiah, the Son of the living God.
hojo

Excelsior, MN

#527973 Apr 8, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
WE HERE IN THIS FORUM (as born again Christians) SHOULD STRIVE TO FOLLOW THE FORMAT BELOW
2Ti 2:23 But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes.
2Ti 2:24 And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient,
2Ti 2:25 In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;
2Ti 2:26 And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.
Jas 3:13 Who is a wise man and endued with knowledge among you? let him shew out of a good conversation his works with meekness of wisdom.
Jas 3:14 But if ye have bitter envying and strife in your hearts, glory not, and lie not against the truth.
Jas 3:15 This wisdom descendeth not from above, but is earthly, sensual, devilish.
Jas 3:16 For where envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil work.
Jas 3:17 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.
Jas 3:18 And the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace of them that make peace.
Which one of the 42,200 (plus) contradicting and. Inconsistent bible only " formats" are you using -----"today"------Co nfrinting????......Is it format number 41,874 or 75. or ??.... I/we as Catholics are just wondering !!!!
OldJG

Rockford, IL

#527974 Apr 8, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
"Catholic's believe in talking to dead people , bowing to idols and burning candles, confessing to a priest."
Obviously your "Christian" beliefs include lying about other Christians.
The Roman church believes in talking to the dead, bowing to idols, burning candles and confessing to a priest. The Christian church does not.

The church in Rome stole the word "catholic" from the early church. The Roman church is nothing more than a corrupt political system appearing to be Christian and in the process has deceived many.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#527975 Apr 8, 2014
Cjuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Never heard of a true born again Christian who kills..
Let me guess, the news claims they are Christians.
You know what's funny Grams...atheists will believe anything that is anti-God including scientists but reject God's Word.
Do you realize Grams at one point in your life you believed in God but now because you have rejected Him you have been blinded to the truth. You can't see it...makes sense doesn't it?
sad
...Hey Cojak, you come on here puffing out your chest because by chance you was born into a christian family to become what your parents wanted you to become....just like them! and you expect everyone to believe what you believe, but if you don't, this god loving so called christian from the cradle finds it in his loving christian heart to criticize and name call anyone who doesn't arrogantly see the world he was by chance born into.

Unbelievable! Cojak. Unbelievable!
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#527976 Apr 8, 2014
Cjuck wrote:
<quoted text>
didn't think you could prove anything...thanks.
I can't prove who's a "true" Xian and neither can you.

That's part of your delusion. There are no provable answers. It's all based on personal delusion.

FACT: The KKK was founded as a "Protestant Christian" terrorist organization.

Who can say how many of the tens of thousands of members over the years were "true" Christians. Certainly they were in their minds. Not in yours? So what?

Come to the lite.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#527977 Apr 8, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
First, you need to read posts more carefully.
In answer to your question,#1 -- who defines "true born Christian?"
#2 -- Where NO members of the Protestant-led Ku Klux Klan (all forms of terror -- arson, beatings, cross burnings, lynching, murder, rape, and whipping) "true born Christians."
???
Were the Crusaders who whipped out an entire town that surrendered NOT "true born Christians?" AFter all, they sure walked their talk more than most, right
????
Try to make some sense and I will be happy to engage you in a respect way. However, it does NOT sound like you LOVE ME, as Jesus clearly taught.
Maybe I respect your god-man as a man more than you respect him as a god?
Ramen
Let's pretend that theology played out in real-time ...

"Tell us Jesus ... which religion do you support as being based on truth, Catholicism or Protestantism?"

Jesus .... "Surely you jest."
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#527978 Apr 8, 2014
Cjuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Many folks in the world claim they are Christians but unfortunately many believe in God but never put their faith in Christ.
You can say hi to them one day. You too will believe that Christ is the Son of God. Of course it may not be this lifetime.
You just judged me.

1.. You don't even know me.

2.. The Bible says clearly "judge not."

So even you ignore the Bible as you see fit. That's the easy way of being "Christian."

Do you really think your god-man respects the easy way? You are very selective in your Bible readings. Mean spirited too. Not very Jesus-like. No LOVE.

You don't sound like a true Christian to me.
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#527979 Apr 8, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Which one of the 42,200 (plus) contradicting and. Inconsistent bible only " formats" are you using -----"today"------Co nfrinting????......Is it format number 41,874 or 75. or ??.... I/we as Catholics are just wondering !!!!
...Catholics never or rarely post to you. Ever wonder why?

.....Read your own hateful insulting posts towards a group of people who worship the same god you do.

....God is going to punish you. You better change your ways, or get use to excessive heat/flames for a long long time.
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#527980 Apr 8, 2014
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
The Roman church believes in talking to the dead, bowing to idols, burning candles and confessing to a priest. The Christian church does not.
The church in Rome stole the word "catholic" from the early church. The Roman church is nothing more than a corrupt political system appearing to be Christian and in the process has deceived many.
Instead of saying it, which any trained monkey can do, why don't you just show me where the Catholic Church teaches or believes this?
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#527981 Apr 8, 2014
Cjuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Many folks in the world claim they are Christians but unfortunately many believe in God but never put their faith in Christ.
You can say hi to them one day. You too will believe that Christ is the Son of God. Of course it may not be this lifetime.
Do true born again Christians sin?

Prince George, Canada

#527982 Apr 8, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have ANY idea how many Catholics tried to split off from Catholicism into Gnostic Christian groups that were phased out with murder by the order of the popes all through the centuries of Catholic dictatorship?

Luther and his gang of ex-Catholic thugs were the ones that finally broke the power of the Catholic church, albeit all the ones that tried before failed.

The Gnostic Manichaeism sect to which Augustine belonged for 9 years was just one whose members were put to death as heretics by your Catholic forefathers.

You really need to study history from an objective rather than subjective point of view, or you will keep posting nonsense in defense of your Catholic cult.

Prince George, Canada

#527983 Apr 8, 2014
<quoted text>
You just judged me.
So even you ignore the Bible as you see fit. That's the easy way of being "Christian."
Do you really think your god-man respects the easy way? You are very selective in your Bible readings. Mean spirited too. Not very Jesus-like. No LOVE.
Christians were dictators, as were the Jews before them.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

The Maccabees also spelled Machabees Machabi (Latin) or Machado from Latin (marculatum) that means "Hammer" (Greek/) were a Jewish rebel army that took control of Judea, which had been a client state of the Seleucid Empire. They founded the Hasmonean dynasty, which ruled from 164 BCE to 63 BCE, reasserting the Jewish religion, expanding the boundaries of the Land of Israel, by conquest, which included instances of forced conversion, reducing the influence of Hellenism and Hellenistic Judaism.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maccabees

Prince George, Canada

#527984 Apr 8, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
When a Christian wants to feign humility, the Christian will say "We are ALL sinners."

But then the next sentence will come out as, "By true faith in Christ we are SAVED."

In other words Jesus keeps his mop at the ready to wipe away the NEW and ever-ACTIVE SINS.

Double-talk is the religious way.
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#527986 Apr 8, 2014
Cjuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Matt 7:16 "You can identify them by their fruit, that is, by the way they act. Can you pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles?
**so...true born again Christians beat people, lie, murder, rape, and whip...not according to God's Word.
why do you suppose I waste my time with you and Grams talking about Christianity when it's obvious you both haven't a clue about it?
I do not and have never supported terror like beating people, murder, rape, and whippings.

No doubt you and I share more values than many people who like yourself claim to be Christian.

Only because I doubt your Christ story do you attack me. Why me and not the KKK?

Maybe because you have a certain sympathy for them because they "put their faith in Christ."

And if your faith is so "true," where's that famous Christian LOVE?

Lot's of talk, but very little walk, IMHO.

Ramen.
Cjuck

Dublin, OH

#527987 Apr 8, 2014
<quoted text>
I can't prove who's a "true" Xian and neither can you.
If you can't prove who Christians are, then how do you know members of the KKK were Christians?

whoops!!!
Cjuck

Dublin, OH

#527988 Apr 8, 2014
<quoted text>
Only because I doubt your Christ story do you attack me.
lol...ahhhh yes the ol I'm being attacked card...love that one..

How did I attack you sweetheart?
Cjuck

Dublin, OH

#527989 Apr 8, 2014
<quoted text>
You just judged me.
You have no clue about the context of God's Word.

Look at you...you go on a public forum arguing about something you don't believe in.

pathetic

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#527990 Apr 8, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
When a Christian wants to feign humility, the Christian will say "We are ALL sinners."
But then the next sentence will come out as, "By true faith in Christ we are SAVED."
In other words Jesus keeps his mop at the ready to wipe away the NEW and ever-ACTIVE SINS.
Double-talk is the religious way.
I think it's more in the way of letting you know, that by true faith that you can be saved also June, not a proclamation of only salvation..

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 55:11--"MATT 10:27"

#527991 Apr 8, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~~

MOST OF THE NEW TESTAMENT IS WRITTEN TO BORN AGAIN CHRISTIANS..

Those that are not BORN AGAIN have no use for it.....

WHICH IS OF NO SURPRISE ..

BECAUSE..... they are dead to it.

Rom 8:5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.

Rom 8:6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

Rom 8:7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

Rom 8:8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

THE WORDS TO THE CHRISTIAN IS...

1Jn_1:9 If we confess our -->sins<--, he/GOD is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

-->sins<-- DEFINED IN GREEK

ham-ar-tee'-ah
From G264; sin (properly abstract):- offence, sin (-ful).

ham-ar-tee'-ah
From G264; sin (properly abstract):- offence, sin (-ful).
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#527992 Apr 8, 2014
Cjuck wrote:
<quoted text>
If you can't prove who Christians are, then how do you know members of the KKK were Christians?
whoops!!!
Members of the KKK claim they are Christian,.

KKK meetings take place with the symbol of the Cross.

Members of the KKK were and are church members.

You are the one saying they are not "true Christians." With no other information, I simply take them at their word.

Try to keep up. You are spinning like a top.

On 9/11/012 -- did you and all your Christian friends proclaim than Osama Bin Laden was not a "true Muslim?"

I doubt it.

Ramen

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes (Apr '14) 8 hr pazuzu 61
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 9 hr Gee-Tee 9,391
News Pope Francis endorses Catholic climate petition 19 hr Passing thru 8
Stealing the Keys to Heaven (Aug '09) Fri Ephesians 2 - 8 a... 4
News Philippines cardinal worked for peace with Muslims (Apr '14) Fri KristoFMYsagun 10
News Francis expects short papacy Thu ELIAS IBARRA 12
News Pope finds popularity and dissent at 2-year mark Thu ELIAS IBARRA 10
More from around the web