Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 675596 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#528311 Apr 9, 2014
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
Rose, at this point I really don't know what to say to you anymore. You continue to insist that the sun rises in the West in spite of our constant corrections that in fact it rises in the East. There really is a difference between infallibility and impeccability, as well between doctrine and dogma. I know you've been given various links that explain those differences but it's obvious you've never read them, so it's impossible to have a decent discussion with you. You keep setting up these strawmen, which is dishonest.
It's not a matter of agreeing to disagree. Christianity is not a conglomeration of personal opinions, i.e. the Paper Popes of Protestantism. You're trying to tell the Early Church Fathers, those who learned the faith from the Apostles and those they taught, that they don't know what they're talking about....but you do....lol! If you'd just express your opinion, Rose, that would be one thing. But when you start messing around with facts, well, you can't expect others to take kindly to that. You're going to be corrected. So maybe it would be a good idea to check out some of those links you were given before proceeding any further.
I saw Nick's obituary today, it's very nice. Many prayers have been going up for the repose of his soul and for Rosemarie.
Yes,I saw,it..very lovely and our prayers are with the family ...

It's,nice you're back after this so long after this,,all happened and prayed for them...Peace

W e DO disagree for many reasons,and I really have,no intentions of arguing yet again in circles,..over and over

.it's,divisive and I think we've had,enough grief for the,week ..I know,I do...my heart is,with Rose,..

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#528312 Apr 9, 2014
My pastor used to always say that in the hands of an imbecile a little bit of knowledge can be a dangerous thing.

I never really quite knew till I joined the Topix forum how many imbeciles there are with just enough knowledge in their hands to deeply confuse themselves and others as well.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#528313 Apr 9, 2014
I look at many posters here that consider themselves to be knowledgeable but in reality they are imbecilic and I say to myself that but for the grace of God there go I.

God has been good to me with my growth in His word over the years.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#528314 Apr 9, 2014
A wise man that argues with an imbecile becomes a bigger imbecile than the imbecile.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#528315 Apr 9, 2014
Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get.

Tomorrow I think I'm gonna make me a pot of chili in my crockpot. Hot and spicy too .Like me,LOL

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#528316 Apr 9, 2014
I have a serious psych patient tonight and I'm wondering ,just wondering mind you that if demonic forces have something to do with psychiatric patients. Most peculiar.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#528317 Apr 9, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
Re 1:11 Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea.
Re 1:20 The mystery of the seven stars which thou sawest in my right hand, and the seven golden candlesticks. The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches: and the seven candlesticks which thou sawest are the seven churches.
Re 2:7 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.
Re 2:11 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death.
Re 2:17 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it.
Re 2:23 And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works.
Re 2:29 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.
Re 3:6 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.
Re 3:13 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.
Re 3:22 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.
Re 22:16 I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.
Somebody is doing a no-no......I did not originate this post...

However, it do bring up the same question....the Catholics claim Christ built the one and only true church...the RCC...so, who built these churches?????

Location hidden

#528318 Apr 9, 2014
oops!!!! I did originate the post!!!!!
Jumper The Wise

Morgantown, KY

#528319 Apr 9, 2014
Tony17 wrote:
I have a serious psych patient tonight and I'm wondering ,just wondering mind you that if demonic forces have something to do with psychiatric patients. Most peculiar.
Forgive me for butting in.But somtimes a cigar is just a cigar.As Sigmund Freud used to say.

Location hidden

#528320 Apr 9, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I have yet to see YOU have any clue as to "what thus saith the Lord".
now go back and discuss something with chess, he seems to know you very well and what type person that you are.lol
For does "called of God"....and other blind and deaf to God's Word...

Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

Perfect: complete (in various applications of labor, growth, mental and moral character, etc.); completeness:--of full age.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#528321 Apr 9, 2014
Jumper The Wise wrote:
<quoted text>Forgive me for butting in.But somtimes a cigar is just a cigar.As Sigmund Freud used to say.
I wonder if he was high when he made that statement,lol,lol?

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/24/books/revie...

Seems the father of modern psych was dealing with a few demons of his own.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#528322 Apr 9, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
For does "called of God"....and other blind and deaf to God's Word...
Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.
Perfect: complete (in various applications of labor, growth, mental and moral character, etc.); completeness:--of full age.
The word you're looking for is be ye therefore..........MATURE.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#528323 Apr 9, 2014
Jumper The Wise wrote:
<quoted text>Forgive me for butting in.But somtimes a cigar is just a cigar.As Sigmund Freud used to say.
Could be, I know the devil put his hands and weight on my shoulders right before I received Jesus trying to stop me, it was literal pushing pulling down pain.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#528324 Apr 9, 2014
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Could be, I know the devil put his hands and weight on my shoulders right before I received Jesus trying to stop me, it was literal pushing pulling down pain.
LOL. What denomination are you,lol?
marge

Leesburg, GA

#528325 Apr 9, 2014
Right before that happened I had been to my church pastors house for healing and I answered wrong to why I thought I was Saved, I was still to mentally sick to receive Jesus at that time. The devil started his assault then.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#528326 Apr 9, 2014
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Try using beano....tony is dangerous if loose in society.
Cisco Kid

Sonora, CA

#528327 Apr 9, 2014
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
I expected no less from a member of the Roman Church.
Any Protestant on this forum should never again add the word "catholic" to the name of your un-Biblical religious movement. In reality the Roman Church hierarchy is not a church at all, but a GIGANTIC religious, political organization.
Roman Catholicism is the most powerful, widespread and subtle of all un-Biblical religious movements. It claims to be the only "true" church, and everything outside of it is labelled false and branded as heresy. All Protestants are "heretics" according to Romanism.
In reality the Roman Catholic hierarchy is not a church at all, but a gigantic religious, political organisation.
It's your self-flagellating inferiority complex causing you to say that, Old Jug.

Jealousy and covetousness are sins, you know.
Cisco Kid

Sonora, CA

#528328 Apr 9, 2014
marge wrote:
Right before that happened I had been to my church pastors house for healing and I answered wrong to why I thought I was Saved, I was still to mentally sick to receive Jesus at that time.
Don't worry marge, we've accepted your mental illness for some time now.
marge wrote:
The devil started his assault then.
I suspect he started long before then........It Shows.
Cisco Kid

Sonora, CA

#528329 Apr 9, 2014
Jumper The Wise wrote:
Funny...that's the same line Bill Clinton tossed at Monica Lewinsky.
Cisco Kid

Sonora, CA

#528330 Apr 9, 2014
Tony17 wrote:
A wise man that argues with an imbecile becomes a bigger imbecile than the imbecile.
No Doubt!
They've got experience behind them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 1 hr Married in 10,520
News Pope Francis meets 4 Imams to open a Christian-... Apr 21 Joe 30
News Pope opens free laundromat for the poor Pope Fr... Apr 12 True Christian wi... 1
News Role of women in the modern Catholic Church 'un... Apr 9 South Knox Hombre 1
News What Pope Francis and Obama may talk about (Sep '15) Apr 7 Teana Trump 53
News Pope Francis to stop off in Cuba on way to Unit... (Apr '15) Mar 31 whirlingmerc 9
News Pope Francis will do 'everything he can' to vis... Mar 31 Gods r Delusions ... 1
More from around the web