Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 673250 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#528286 Apr 9, 2014
hojo wrote:
The Catholic Church
The Pillar and Foundation of the Truth (CCC 148-580) Church Fathers
One of the most important – and consequently most attacked – doctrines of the Catholic Church is the doctrine concerning the Church herself. The view that the Church is visible, hierarchical, authoritative and possessed of “all truth” forms a key understanding of all other Catholic doctrines. It is the Church who administers the sacraments, which are the ordinary means of salvation and grace. It is the Church who wrote the Bible and only the Church who can correctly interpret Sacred Scripture.
This article will show how the Catholic apologist can defend the Catholic doctrines and refute the anti-Catholic views concerning the Church. Note that many of these positions rely on simple, direct logic – a Church which possesses certain characteristics must possess others. Just as a building which possesses a roof must have rooms which possess ceilings, so must a Church which is authoritative be visible, for example.
Did Christ want a Church at all?
Although Saint Paul speaks of the Church as the “pillar and foundation of the truth” in I Timothy 3:15 (a passage which clearly shows that he considered the Church to be massively important) did Jesus want to found a Church? Scripture makes it clear that He did.
In Matthew 16:18-19 Jesus says that He will build His Church – this very clear! Later on, Jesus speaks of the Church again in Matthew 18:17-18. Jesus constantly tells the apostles to go out and spread the Gospel – Matthew 28:18-20, Mark 16:15-16 – why would He do this if He did not wish to found some sort of community? This community is called the Church – and these Scriptures prove that Jesus intended to found one. Other Scriptures, logic and common sense will show that Jesus intended to found – and did found – a Church which has all the characteristics of the Catholic Church and is, therefore, the Catholic Church.
The Authoritative Church
One of the major objections to the claims that the Church makes regarding herself is that she alone has authority to interpret God's word in the Bible, and indeed to formally what the Christian religion is when it is revealed to her by the Holy Spirit. Many people who react badly to this are simply having a problem with any form of authority, and consider that there is an invisible church rather than the visible one Christ actually founded.
However, Scripture is clear that the Church has authority – in Matthew 28:18-20 Jesus delegates His power to the apostles. The authority to perform specific acts is given in other passages – John 20:23 (the power to forgive sin), I Corinthians 11:23-24 (the power to offer sacrifice, the Eucharist), Luke 10:16 (the power to speak with Christ's voice), Matthew 18:18 (the power to legislate) and Matthew 18:17 (the power to discipline).
From a perspective of pure common sense and logic, what would be the point of founding a Church (which Christ clearly wanted to do) without giving her authority? If the Church has no power, what what is she? She is simply a collection of believers with no power to enforce laws or discipline those who are dissident – anyone could claim to be a member of her even if they denied all the tenets of her laws and beliefs! Organizations logically require authority over their members and authority to determine what the criteria for membership are; otherwise they are not organizations at all, but simply a label without a clear definition.which is exactly what we see today in Bible Only Protestantism.
"The view that the Church is visible, hierarchical, authoritative and possessed of “all truth” forms a key understanding of all other Catholic doctrines."

Hello? Child sex abuse crisis?? Hello? The RCC was anything but "visible, hierarchical, authoritative and possessed of “all truth."

The RCC said ”Oops, we didn't know."

Be human. Think.

Come to the lite.

Ramen

Regina

Toms River, NJ

#528287 Apr 9, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Secrets meaning..things,supposedly a,priest could teach..your dogmas are,Not writ in stone and sorry Regina,..I don't believe some of your popes,were fit to tie Peters shows...made new,or changed dogma..but now if its changed like,limbo or evolution ..you guys,here say it's not dogma ..
Oh well same old argument ....it does,not take a,Pope or theologian to parse Jesus,words ... and I don't believe e 've Jesus,founded a,Church that was to become what thE RCC was,before the Reformation ...I really don't ...nor was there a,Pope..He who is,first shall be last..
Have Faith..love God..love your neighbor..say the Our Father with heart....this is what Jesus,taught and it does,nit take an institution to figure that out with advanced degrees US,poor penis,cannot understand without their help .....He told them to preach and baptize ..He told us,be born again OF THE SPIRIT ...not the POPES,or Rome's authority..the Spirits,.
We must agree to disagree,
Rose, at this point I really don't know what to say to you anymore. You continue to insist that the sun rises in the West in spite of our constant corrections that in fact it rises in the East. There really is a difference between infallibility and impeccability, as well between doctrine and dogma. I know you've been given various links that explain those differences but it's obvious you've never read them, so it's impossible to have a decent discussion with you. You keep setting up these strawmen, which is dishonest.

It's not a matter of agreeing to disagree. Christianity is not a conglomeration of personal opinions, i.e. the Paper Popes of Protestantism. You're trying to tell the Early Church Fathers, those who learned the faith from the Apostles and those they taught, that they don't know what they're talking about....but you do....lol! If you'd just express your opinion, Rose, that would be one thing. But when you start messing around with facts, well, you can't expect others to take kindly to that. You're going to be corrected. So maybe it would be a good idea to check out some of those links you were given before proceeding any further.

I saw Nick's obituary today, it's very nice. Many prayers have been going up for the repose of his soul and for Rosemarie.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#528288 Apr 9, 2014
hojo wrote:
The Catholic Church
One of the most important – and consequently most attacked – doctrines of the Catholic Church is the doctrine concerning the Church herself. The view that the Church is visible, hierarchical, authoritative and possessed of “all truth” forms a key understanding of all other Catholic doctrines. It is the Church who administers the sacraments, which are the ordinary means of salvation and grace. It is the Church who wrote the Bible and only the Church who can correctly interpret Sacred Scripture.
This article will show how the Catholic apologist can defend the Catholic doctrines and refute the anti-Catholic views concerning the Church. Note that many of these positions rely on simple, direct logic – a Church which possesses certain characteristics must possess others. Just as a building which possesses a roof must have rooms which possess ceilings, so must a Church which is authoritative be visible, for example.
Although Saint Paul speaks of the Church as the “pillar and foundation of the truth” in I Timothy 3:15 (a passage which clearly shows that he considered the Church to be massively important) did Jesus want to found a Church? Scripture makes it clear that He did.
In Matthew 16:18-19 Jesus says that He will build His Church – this very clear! Later on, Jesus speaks of the Church again in Matthew 18:17-18. Jesus constantly tells the apostles to go out and spread the Gospel – Matthew 28:18-20, Mark 16:15-16 – why would He do this if He did not wish to found some sort of community? This community is called the Church – and these Scriptures prove that Jesus intended to found one. Other Scriptures, logic and common sense will show that Jesus intended to found – and did found – a Church which has all the characteristics of the Catholic Church and is, therefore, the Catholic Church.
The Authoritative Church
One of the major objections to the claims that the Church makes regarding herself is that she alone has authority to interpret God's word in the Bible, and indeed to formally what the Christian religion is when it is revealed to her by the Holy Spirit. Many people who react badly to this are simply having a problem with any form of authority, and consider that there is an invisible church rather than the visible one Christ actually founded.
However, Scripture is clear that the Church has authority – in Matthew 28:18-20 Jesus delegates His power to the apostles. The authority to perform specific acts is given in other passages – John 20:23 (the power to forgive sin), I Corinthians 11:23-24 (the power to offer sacrifice, the Eucharist), Luke 10:16 (the power to speak with Christ's voice), Matthew 18:18 (the power to legislate) and Matthew 18:17 (the power to discipline).
From a perspective of pure common sense and logic, what would be the point of founding a Church (which Christ clearly wanted to do) without giving her authority? If the Church has no power, what what is she? She is simply a collection of believers with no power to enforce laws or discipline those who are dissident – anyone could claim to be a member of her even if they denied all the tenets of her laws and beliefs! Organizations logically require authority over their members and authority to determine what the criteria for membership are; otherwise they are not organizations at all, but simply a label without a clear definition.which is exactly what we see today in Bible Only Protestantism.
Just to keep you honest.....

http://www.catholicbasictraining.com/apologet...

Location hidden

#528289 Apr 9, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
How sad...
Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.
Be ye perfect, even as your Father in heaven is perfect. Now this is a tall order for us humans, indeed impossible. In no way we can be perfect on our own as God is, for our spiritual hearts are continually evil (Gen 6:5) and desperately wicked (Jer 17:9).

The context here is in the relation between ourselves and other humans, in that we are to do good to all men as God that is perfect does good to all men. He makes His sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust.(Mat 5:45). So our perfection in this context is to:“As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith.”(Gal 6:10 AV)
http://www.albatrus.org/english/living/kingdo...

of all of the people on this forum you certainly qualify as being the biggest perpetrator of all. you constantly attack each and ever believer on this forum, no matter what is being addressed.

so it leads us to believer that you and you alone are [perfect]. thankfully, I will not address what you are perfect in. My language skills are unlike those of you and oldjg
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#528290 Apr 9, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
If an invitation is written to extend a gift to all who would willingly receive it, does it not stand to reason that it be written in such a manner that everyone who reads the invitation, would individually properly glean it's message?
Scripture isn't an invitation to a bachelor party.

Location hidden

#528291 Apr 9, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
I think OSAS is a serious disagreement. One side is in a sinful situation for undoing the word of God. U know it Preston. If u born againers are truly in possession of Biblical truth, then who has the correct Biblical truth??
Y'all sweep it under the rug like it ain't a big deal.
U claim you're a man appointed by Jesus to explain it all? How is your revelation different than St. Augustine or St. Ignatius? Come on man, explain this stuff if you truly wanna "save" my Roman Catholic Behind.. Otherwise I'm staying put.
I did explain that OSAS is a false doctrine as I have many times in the past and kay agreed with me.

as 4 U, "staying put" could easily mean "left behind" if the Lord returns unexpectedly and unknown to people like you.

those like Kay and myself believe that we need to be ready at [all] times, not just on some mass day like you catholics. I don't believe that marge thinks that a person can [sin] all that they want, I don't believe that at all, but to a weak Christian, that doctrine offers them a false hope. God isn't in that at all.

Kay and I realize that, marge is unable to fathom the realities of this doctrine. I prefer to follow my belief and know that right or wrong, I am still right with the Lord.
Liam

Denver, CO

#528292 Apr 9, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I did explain that OSAS is a false doctrine as I have many times in the past and kay agreed with me.
as 4 U, "staying put" could easily mean "left behind" if the Lord returns unexpectedly and unknown to people like you.
those like Kay and myself believe that we need to be ready at [all] times, not just on some mass day like you catholics. I don't believe that marge thinks that a person can [sin] all that they want, I don't believe that at all, but to a weak Christian, that doctrine offers them a false hope. God isn't in that at all.
Kay and I realize that, marge is unable to fathom the realities of this doctrine. I prefer to follow my belief and know that right or wrong, I am still right with the Lord.
I'm not "staying put" on this subject. Is that what ya meant?
You've avoided a very serious issue on the subject of "once saved always saved" Jesus Christ taught one or the other not both. Can't you understand that Preston?

Location hidden

#528293 Apr 9, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not "staying put" on this subject. Is that what ya meant?
You've avoided a very serious issue on the subject of "once saved always saved" Jesus Christ taught one or the other not both. Can't you understand that Preston?
since I have constantly opposed the doctrine of OSAS, it would seem to be understandable to a person who is slow like you, that I do realize that it is very serious.

and no, I didn't mean that you are "staying put" on this issue.

I guess that your reading skills are not very advanced. so I guess it is up to me to help you out.

I said you are "staying put" and for that reason you will be "left behind". haven't you even heard of that book, Left Behind?

you are "staying put" on the false doctrines of the catholic church and for that reason, you are going to be "left behind" when the Lord comes for His Church.

United States

#528294 Apr 9, 2014
guest wrote:
Liam: "You may amuse your self by playing around with our Sacred Scripture, but I think its pathetic."
-
it is not YOUR sacred scripture and for so many reasons:
First, the RCC has proven it has NO respect for Sacred Scripture - but prefers to allow the "Pope" to 'edit' and ignore it at will, re., Matt 23-9. We've been through this. You can't ignore it and then call it your own.
Secondly: Your church is not responsible for having preserved it and presented it to the masses. Holy Spirit would have done so for all mankind - no matter which 'human' was used - so much so that even the Catholic Church did not have the power to suppress the Sacred Scripture.
Thirdly: The Catholic Church could not murder enough Bible believing people so as to claim exclusive rights to the content of its pages - and this is the reason why the RCC is no longer in control of its content - Holt Spirit is far more powerful than the Pope.
Fourthly: The one *playing around* with Sacred Scripture - is none other than the RCC. By ignoring its content, you nullify its message. Is there a more profoundly pathetic way of *playing around with Sacred Scripture* than by ignoring it?
If you don't heed its counsel, you are most guilty of *playing around* with it.
-
But, this complete RCC perversion of scripture started with Constantine when he ignored the teaching of Scripture and said, "In This Sign Conquer." as he went forth murdering in the Name of God. Not only is this pathetic, it is horrifying. And Satanic.
-
-
Liam wrote:
Are you prepared to demonstrate how Constantine altered Christianity to become "The Roman Catholic Church"?
Of course your not, Guest. You know it didn't happen like you desire. I can prove to you how writings of the CC mirrored writings of the pre Constantine era, when Christians were being slaughtered for bringing us the true Gospel....
Someone in your predicament has only one strategy, ignore it!
-
I did not say that Constantine *altered* Christianity. Those are your words.
TRUE Christianity cannot be altered.
And the way we know this for a certainty, is: TRUE Christianity is found in the Greek scriptures.
If writings of the CC mirrored writings of the pre-Constantine era - then please do show me where the writings of the pre-Constantine era of the church instruct its followers to murder in the name of God. That would be a most interesting read.
Do you not see that someone in your predicament desperately needs to believe the writings of the church instead of the writings of God (The Bible), because your church contradicts The Bible.
-
So please, prove to me how writings of the Catholic Church mirrored writings of pre-Constantine era. Because quite frankly, if that is indeed the case, then pre-Constantine Catholics were murderers as well - and all this means is that nothing in your church has changed. Roman Catholicism has always been a murderous sect.
-
Yes. It's a sect. It's a cult. It is the world's largest, and most murderous EVER cult.
TRUE Christians don't murder others in the Name of God. Ever.
Michael

Canada

#528295 Apr 9, 2014
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
-
-
<quoted text>
-
I did not say that Constantine *altered* Christianity. Those are your words.
TRUE Christianity cannot be altered.
And the way we know this for a certainty, is: TRUE Christianity is found in the Greek scriptures.
If writings of the CC mirrored writings of the pre-Constantine era - then please do show me where the writings of the pre-Constantine era of the church instruct its followers to murder in the name of God. That would be a most interesting read.
Do you not see that someone in your predicament desperately needs to believe the writings of the church instead of the writings of God (The Bible), because your church contradicts The Bible.
-

So please, prove to me how writings of the Catholic Church mirrored writings of pre-Constantine era. Because quite frankly, if that is indeed the case, then pre-Constantine Catholics were murderers as well - and all this means is that nothing in your church has changed. Roman Catholicism has always been a murderous sect.

-
Yes. It's a sect. It's a cult. It is the world's largest, and most murderous EVER cult.
TRUE Christians don't murder others in the Name of God. Ever.
WOW!

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#528296 Apr 9, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
I think OSAS is a serious disagreement. One side is in a sinful situation for undoing the word of God. U know it Preston. If u born againers are truly in possession of Biblical truth, then who has the correct Biblical truth??
Y'all sweep it under the rug like it ain't a big deal.
U claim you're a man appointed by Jesus to explain it all? How is your revelation different than St. Augustine or St. Ignatius? Come on man, explain this stuff if you truly wanna "save" my Roman Catholic Behind.. Otherwise I'm staying put.
Christians fully understand, accept, and are forever thankful:

And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

Tell me what the above Scripture means to you.....to me it means exactly what it says....once you receive eternal life...you shall never perish....no one can get you out of God's hand...period...

Location hidden

#528297 Apr 9, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I did explain that OSAS is a false doctrine as I have many times in the past and kay agreed with me.

And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

Tell me what the above Scripture means to you.....to me it means exactly what it says....once you receive eternal life...you shall never perish....no one can get you out of God's hand...period...

Location hidden

#528298 Apr 9, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>Be ye perfect, even as your Father in heaven is perfect. Now this is a tall order for us humans, indeed impossible. In no way we can be perfect on our own as God is, for our spiritual hearts are continually evil (Gen 6:5) and desperately wicked (Jer 17:9).
The context here is in the relation between ourselves and other humans, in that we are to do good to all men as God that is perfect does good to all men. He makes His sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust.(Mat 5:45). So our perfection in this context is to:“As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith.”(Gal 6:10 AV)
http://www.albatrus.org/english/living/kingdo...
of all of the people on this forum you certainly qualify as being the biggest perpetrator of all. you constantly attack each and ever believer on this forum, no matter what is being addressed.
so it leads us to believer that you and you alone are [perfect]. thankfully, I will not address what you are perfect in. My language skills are unlike those of you and oldjg
What English dictionary are you using to define "perfect"????

Location hidden

#528299 Apr 9, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
any man plucking another out of the hand of God ahs never been the issue and you should know that.

it all boils down to the fact that a man can walk away from God(since he has free will) just as Demas did. and since you and Marge never knew demas as well as paul did, you are a liar to say that demas was never saved. A liar!!!!!!!.

Paul certain would have known if Demas was Saved or not and if it was [not] Paul would not have allowed him to work on the Evangelistic Field, just as at one time, he wouldn't allow John Mark to go with him. Unless you and Marge think that Paul was an unstable person, stopping John mark one time but allowing Demas to work for several years.

that is common sense, something lacking in quite a few people on this Forum as I have stated many times, the intelligence of some of the persons on here are not up to par.

we expect low intelligence on the part of catholics. look at clay, he cant even read

Location hidden

#528300 Apr 9, 2014
hojo wrote:
The Catholic Church
Although Saint Paul speaks of the Church as the “pillar and foundation of the truth” in I ions to the claims that the Church makes regarding herself is that she alone has authority to interpret God's word in the Bible, and indeed to formally what the Christian religion is when it is revealed to her by the Holy Spirit. Many people who react badly to this are simply having a problem with any form of authority, and consider that there is an invisible church rather than the visible one Christ actually founded.
edited for space

Tell me what definition your NABre pope approved Bible teaches regarding the church Christ built. I don't see one word about it being the one (and only one) TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church.
Church: this word (Greek ekkl&#275;sia) occurs in the gospels only here and in Mt 18:17 (twice). There are several possibilities for an Aramaic original. Jesus’ church means the community that he will gather and that, like a building, will have Peter as its solid foundation. That function of Peter consists in his being witness to Jesus as the Messiah, the Son of the living God.
BTW..Christians, such as I, believe the Word of God...His Word, on this matter, says you are a liar...

Location hidden

#528301 Apr 9, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
What English dictionary are you using to define "perfect"????
where in that post did I claim that I used a dictionary. it was a commentary, not a dictionary. you are even dumber than clay, and almost as dumb as Marge

Location hidden

#528302 Apr 9, 2014
hojo wrote:
The Catholic Church
Protestantism.
edited for space.
Since you say Christ built the one and only true church, who built these churches????
Ac 9:31 Then had the churches rest throughout all Judaea and Galilee and Samaria, and were edified; and walking in the fear of the Lord, and in the comfort of the Holy Ghost, were multiplied.
Ac 15:41 And he went through Syria and Cilicia, confirming the churches.
Ac 16:5 And so were the churches established in the faith, and increased in number daily.
Ac 19:37 For ye have brought hither these men, which are neither robbers of churches, nor yet blasphemers of your goddess.
Ro 16:4 Who have for my life laid down their own necks: unto whom not only I give thanks, but also all the churches of the Gentiles.
Ro 16:16 Salute one another with an holy kiss. The churches of Christ salute you.
1Co 7:17 ¶ But as God hath distributed to every man, as the Lord hath called every one, so let him walk. And so ordain I in all churches.
1Co 11:16 But if any man seem to be contentious, we have no such custom, neither the churches of God.
1Co 14:33 For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.{confusion: Gr. tumult, or, unquietness}
1Co 14:34 ¶ Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law.
1Co 16:1 ¶ Now concerning the collection for the saints, as I have given order to the churches of Galatia, even so do ye.
1Co 16:19 ¶ The churches of Asia salute you. Aquila and Priscilla salute you much in the Lord, with the church that is in their house.
2Co 8:1 ¶ Moreover, brethren, we do you to wit of the grace of God bestowed on the churches of Macedonia;
2Co 8:18 And we have sent with him the brother, whose praise is in the gospel throughout all the churches;
2Co 8:19 And not that only, but who was also chosen of the churches to travel with us with this grace, which is administered by us to the glory of the same Lord, and declaration of your ready mind:{grace: or, gift}
2Co 8:23 Whether any do enquire of Titus, he is my partner and fellowhelper concerning you: or our brethren be enquired of, they are the messengers of the churches, and the glory of Christ.
2Co 8:24 Wherefore shew ye to them, and before the churches, the proof of your love, and of our boasting on your behalf.
2Co 11:8 I robbed other churches, taking wages of them, to do you service.
2Co 11:28 Beside those things that are without, that which cometh upon me daily, the care of all the churches.
2Co 12:13 For what is it wherein ye were inferior to other churches, except it be that I myself was not burdensome to you? forgive me this wrong.
Ga 1:2 And all the brethren which are with me, unto the churches of Galatia:
Ga 1:22 And was unknown by face unto the churches of Judaea which were in Christ:
1Th 2:14 For ye, brethren, became followers of the churches of God which in Judaea are in Christ Jesus: for ye also have suffered like things of your own countrymen, even as they have of the Jews:
2Th 1:4 So that we ourselves glory in you in the churches of God for your patience and faith in all your persecutions and tribulations that ye endure:
Re 1:4 John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace be unto you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne;

(KJV)

Location hidden

#528303 Apr 9, 2014
Re 1:11 Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea.
Re 1:20 The mystery of the seven stars which thou sawest in my right hand, and the seven golden candlesticks. The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches: and the seven candlesticks which thou sawest are the seven churches.
Re 2:7 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.
Re 2:11 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death.
Re 2:17 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it.
Re 2:23 And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works.
Re 2:29 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.
Re 3:6 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.
Re 3:13 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.
Re 3:22 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.
Re 22:16 I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

Location hidden

#528304 Apr 9, 2014
look at what this writer is saying and then in the last paragraph, he changes to our Hope in Jesus.

This truth that God demands absolute perfection now is one of the most important truths you need to know. Nothing less than your eternal destiny depends on it. It's only after you truly grasp how absolute this command is will you want to latch on for dear life to the perfection Jesus freely gives us. It is the only way that anybody can meet this absolute standard – the only way that anybody can spend all eternity with him.

What a wonderful difference it makes when you rest all your hopes for acceptance on what Jesus has already done for you! No longer is there the fear of being rejected. No longer is there the question of your having done enough. Instead there is the joy of being wholeheartedly accepted by Heavenly Father and the confidence of living forever in his presence.

he says one thing but he means something else entirely different.

As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:

usage For most of its meanings, the adjective perfect describes an absolute state, i.e. one that cannot be qualified; thus something is either perfect or not perfect, and cannot be more perfect or less perfect. However when perfect means excellent in all respects, a comparative can be used with it without absurdity: the next day the weather was even more perfect

see; for most of its meanings.

A Born Again Christian is an absolute state. and we need not to add one thing [more] for our Salvation

Location hidden

#528305 Apr 9, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>where in that post did I claim that I used a dictionary. it was a commentary, not a dictionary. you are even dumber than clay, and almost as dumb as Marge
A commentary does not define words.....dictionaries do...you have no idea of the definition of the word perfect as used in that Scripture....otherwise you would not trash God's Word..

Why would God's Word teach us to be perfect as our Father in Heaven, if as you say, it is wrong to teach it?? You got a calling alright...but it was not from God...per your words.....

BTW..Christians know that God cannot...ever...be wrong....teach wrong...do wrong...etc etc etc...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 19 min Mr Sir 10,471
News DeGeneres says her show is no place for anti-ga... Mar 22 sharona 406
News Pope Francis to visit Egypt on April 28-29: Vat... Mar 18 For an ISLAM-FREE... 1
News Pope Francis 'urges parents to have fewer child... Mar 18 Newt G s Next Rel... 24
News Benedict's Resignation: Blame Obama Mar 14 Texxy 1
News Pope discusses climate, immigrants in historic ... (Sep '15) Mar 13 Wall specialist 49
News The Real 'Muslim Ban' Is Happening in Muslim Co... Mar 6 synchronized 1
More from around the web