Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 603309 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#527992 Apr 8, 2014
Cjuck wrote:
<quoted text>
If you can't prove who Christians are, then how do you know members of the KKK were Christians?
whoops!!!
Members of the KKK claim they are Christian,.

KKK meetings take place with the symbol of the Cross.

Members of the KKK were and are church members.

You are the one saying they are not "true Christians." With no other information, I simply take them at their word.

Try to keep up. You are spinning like a top.

On 9/11/012 -- did you and all your Christian friends proclaim than Osama Bin Laden was not a "true Muslim?"

I doubt it.

Ramen
hojo

Excelsior, MN

#527993 Apr 8, 2014
Oxbow wrote:
<quoted text>
You will not answer my question because it will clearly show the proof of my words...you are a liar...
Tell me what definition your NABre pope approved Bible teaches regarding the church Christ built. I don't see one word about it being the one (and only one) TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church.
Church: this word (Greek ekkl&#275;sia) occurs in the gospels only here and in Mt 18:17 (twice). There are several possibilities for an Aramaic original. Jesusí church means the community that he will gather and that, like a building, will have Peter as its solid foundation. That function of Peter consists in his being witness to Jesus as the Messiah, the Son of the living God.
You have answered " your OWN questions" based on the KNOWN fact that your questions are "loaded with distorted conclusions"!(laced) with your own (opinionated) bible only lies, deceit and manipulation of the truth!........We as Catholics have over 2000 years of the AUTHENTICATED TRUTH of Jesus Christ and his OneTrue Apostolic Catholic Church (to confirm, back up and verify EVERYTHING that we believe and is PROVEN to be True, over and over and over again!!!......Go argue with YOURSELF in the mirror! Your (phony counterfeit)---bible only question and answer game is a "waste time. Play your bible verse "spin game" with the rest of your other 42,200 other "fundies" who don't agree with you either!!!
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#527994 Apr 8, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's pretend that theology played out in real-time ...
"Tell us Jesus ... which religion do you support as being based on truth, Catholicism or Protestantism?"
Jesus .... "Surely you jest."
NEITHER ONE, BECAUSE THE TRUTH IS IN CHRIST. NOT IN PROTESTANT OR CATHOLIC RELIGIONS. You don't get it June, and you can't because ; your not born again .
you can't recieve what THE SPIRITUAL GOD IS SAYING TO A SPIRITUAL CHURCH.
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#527995 Apr 8, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~~
MOST OF THE NEW TESTAMENT IS WRITTEN TO BORN AGAIN CHRISTIANS..
Those that are not BORN AGAIN have no use for it.....
WHICH IS OF NO SURPRISE ..
BECAUSE..... they are dead to it.
Rom 8:5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
Rom 8:6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
Rom 8:7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
Rom 8:8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
THE WORDS TO THE CHRISTIAN IS...
1Jn_1:9 If we confess our -->sins<--, he/GOD is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
-->sins<-- DEFINED IN GREEK
ham-ar-tee'-ah
From G264; sin (properly abstract):- offence, sin (-ful).
ham-ar-tee'-ah
From G264; sin (properly abstract):- offence, sin (-ful).
Didn't ask you. Regardless, you have no authority to declare who is or isn't a Christian, who's dead to the Word and who isn't. You do not speak for God.

But, since Cjuck isn't responding and it seems you are avoiding giving me a direct answer, I'll assume your quotes from scripture give an answer in the affirmative that yes, true born again Christians still sin even AFTER they are born again.

Another question I'd ask you and Cjuck; If true born again Christians continue to sin and repent after sinning, where do you two think you get the authority to declare who is truly born again after repentance and who isn't?
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#527996 Apr 8, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~~
MOST OF THE NEW TESTAMENT IS WRITTEN TO BORN AGAIN CHRISTIANS..
Those that are not BORN AGAIN have no use for it.....
WHICH IS OF NO SURPRISE ..
BECAUSE..... they are dead to it.
Rom 8:5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
Rom 8:6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
Rom 8:7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
Rom 8:8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
THE WORDS TO THE CHRISTIAN IS...
1Jn_1:9 If we confess our -->sins<--, he/GOD is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
-->sins<-- DEFINED IN GREEK
ham-ar-tee'-ah
From G264; sin (properly abstract):- offence, sin (-ful).
ham-ar-tee'-ah
From G264; sin (properly abstract):- offence, sin (-ful).
Amen , Absolute Truth
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#527997 Apr 8, 2014
Cjuck wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no clue about the context of God's Word.
Look at you...you go on a public forum arguing about something you don't believe in.
pathetic
Easy. I can read. So you are saying that I am wrong in believing Jesus taught love and acceptance.

Maybe Jesus was only spoofing when he said he changed the Law to say "Love thy enemy."

Or, maybe Jesus sent me here to test you. From everything I read, you are failing miserably. But that's just me.

Maybe Jesus wants you to call me sweetheart and that is your way of showing affection?

OK lover-boy :o)

BTW, this all began when I wrote something to the effect that most terrorists used religion to validate their actions.

That statement is still 100% true.

Ramen
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#527998 Apr 8, 2014
Are Catholics true Christians?

Are Mormons true Christians?

Are Adventists true Christians?

Are bats really birds?
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#527999 Apr 8, 2014
How does anyone define a "true" Christian?

There is NO OBJECTIVE measure, because it's a delusion.

Come to the lite.

Ramen

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#528000 Apr 8, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
You have answered " your OWN questions" based on the KNOWN fact that your questions are "loaded with distorted conclusions"!(laced) with your own (opinionated) bible only lies, deceit and manipulation of the truth!........We as Catholics have over 2000 years of the AUTHENTICATED TRUTH of Jesus Christ and his OneTrue Apostolic Catholic Church (to confirm, back up and verify EVERYTHING that we believe and is PROVEN to be True, over and over and over again!!!......Go argue with YOURSELF in the mirror! Your (phony counterfeit)---bible only question and answer game is a "waste time. Play your bible verse "spin game" with the rest of your other 42,200 other "fundies" who don't agree with you either!!!
You have, again, proven my words 110% correct and true...you are a liar....

You will not answer my question because it will clearly show the proof of my words...you are a liar...

Tell me what definition your NABre pope approved Bible teaches regarding the church Christ built. I don't see one word about it being the one (and only one) TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church.

Church: this word (Greek ekkl&#275;sia) occurs in the gospels only here and in Mt 18:17 (twice). There are several possibilities for an Aramaic original. Jesusí church means the community that he will gather and that, like a building, will have Peter as its solid foundation. That function of Peter consists in his being witness to Jesus as the Messiah, the Son of the living God.
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#528001 Apr 8, 2014
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen , Absolute Truth
How can you recognize "Absolute Truth" when you tell lies about other Christians? Why would anyone accept your testimony when you're a liar?
Cjuck

Dublin, OH

#528002 Apr 8, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
Members of the KKK claim they are Christian,.
KKK meetings take place with the symbol of the Cross.
Members of the KKK were and are church members.
You are the one saying they are not "true Christians." With no other information, I simply take them at their word.
Meetings take place with a symbol of the cross
Members of the KKK were and are church members.

well heck!!! they must be Christians.

Here's your problem...Grams too..you take their word for it.
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#528003 Apr 8, 2014
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen , Absolute Truth
Waaaaaaaaa? It took about 1800 years for the Bible to find the true intended believers?

Non-fundies like George Washington didn't have a clue maybe???

Or maybe, it's the other way around.

Bottom line, how could anyone call these folks "wackos?"

Maybe because of the depth of thought?
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#528004 Apr 8, 2014
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
NEITHER ONE, BECAUSE THE TRUTH IS IN CHRIST. NOT IN PROTESTANT OR CATHOLIC RELIGIONS. You don't get it June, and you can't because ; your not born again .
you can't recieve what THE SPIRITUAL GOD IS SAYING TO A SPIRITUAL CHURCH.
Can a liar claim to recognize truth and claim to receive what the "Spiritual God" is saying?
hojo

Excelsior, MN

#528005 Apr 8, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>

.....Read your own hateful insulting posts towards a group of people who worship the same god you do..
I only learned to insult others " directly" from anti-catholic Protestant fundamentalists, atheists and agnostic ( like yourself Michael) who have taught me "everything that I know" about insulting....... I'll take my sins up with God in confession with my parish priest!!!...I would suggest that you "clean up" your own polluted pot of hate, vindictiveness and hostility that has corrupted your mind, heart and soul.as you "are forever" bashing, attacking and insulting our Catholic faith and Jesus Christ Himself!!
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#528006 Apr 8, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
How does anyone define a "true" Christian?
There is NO OBJECTIVE measure, because it's a delusion.
Come to the lite.
Ramen
The Catholic Church can and does. While I disagree with your opinion, it does in fact aptly apply to protestant sects where no such authority exists.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#528007 Apr 8, 2014
Hey tojo or any other catlik!!!!!

Tell me what definition your NABre pope approved Bible teaches regarding the church Christ built. I don't see one word about it being the one (and only one) TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church.

Church: this word (Greek ekkl&#275;sia) occurs in the gospels only here and in Mt 18:17 (twice). There are several possibilities for an Aramaic original. Jesusí church means the community that he will gather and that, like a building, will have Peter as its solid foundation. That function of Peter consists in his being witness to Jesus as the Messiah, the Son of the living God.
Anthony MN

Saint Paul, MN

#528008 Apr 8, 2014
Cjuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Meetings take place with a symbol of the cross
Members of the KKK were and are church members.
well heck!!! they must be Christians.
Here's your problem...Grams too..you take their word for it.
You expect us to take your word for it too. Do Christians sin after gettin' saved?
Cjuck

Dublin, OH

#528009 Apr 8, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW, this all began when I wrote something to the effect that most terrorists used religion to validate their actions.
That statement is still 100% true.
Ramen
terrorists do use their religion but that's not what you said.

Here's your post:There is one common theme of virtually all terrorists - Hindu, Muslim, and Christian:

**again..pay attention this time. Christianity has nothing to do with religion.

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#528010 Apr 8, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't ask you. Regardless, you have no authority to declare who is or isn't a Christian, who's dead to the Word and who isn't. You do not speak for God.
But, since Cjuck isn't responding and it seems you are avoiding giving me a direct answer, I'll assume your quotes from scripture give an answer in the affirmative that yes, true born again Christians still sin even AFTER they are born again.
Another question I'd ask you and Cjuck; If true born again Christians continue to sin and repent after sinning, where do you two think you get the authority to declare who is truly born again after repentance and who isn't?
~~~

If true born again Christians continue to sin and repent after sinning, where do you two think you get the authority to declare who is truly born again after repentance and who isn't?

~~~

I will answer your question ...this way..

WHERE IS YOUR SCRIPTURAL AUTHORITY...TO JUDGE US...
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#528011 Apr 8, 2014
Cjuck wrote:
<quoted text>
terrorists do use their religion but that's not what you said.
Here's your post:There is one common theme of virtually all terrorists - Hindu, Muslim, and Christian:
**again..pay attention this time. Christianity has nothing to do with religion.
A "true" Christian here writes:

"Christianity has nothing to do with religion."

Have another drink pops. Compose yourself and come to the lite of reality.

Ramen

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 4 hr Mr_SKY 84,411
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 7 hr 3Way4me 9,681
News Pope Francis Affirms Evolution and Big Bang Theory Sun Paul Porter1 421
News Ahead of pope's visit to US, some friction over... Aug 26 Belle Sexton 3
News Ahead of pope's visit to US, some friction over... Aug 25 Abrahamanic Relig... 1
News Pope Benedict is living out old age calmly (Aug '08) Aug 24 The Oracle 73
News LGBT equality groups getting shut out of Pope F... Aug 23 Fundiementally ill 8
More from around the web