Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 688427 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#528255 Apr 9, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> The Spirit here, w/out question. The Spirit would belong to the creator from whence it came, so all governing would belong there. I think our consciousness is separate from the Physical and a direct "plug in" to something Higher. To harmonize oneself with that consciousness would be truly spiritual on a higher plain, and probably somewhat of an understanding..Our reasoning and logic now, would govern what we think the spiritual world will be, which would be determined on Individual thought of Spiritual and Spiritual World..
Great post.

pusher writes -- "I think our consciousness is separate from the Physical and a direct "plug in" to something Higher"

Put like that, there is nothing to disagree with. "I think..." is not a dogmatic declaration.

In terms of quantum physics (I'm no expert), I think there are possibilities for an explanation of much of what we describe as "spiritual" today. Science agrees. We are only scratching the surface of the make-up of the universe. Dark matter? Parallel Universes?

I especially agree with your last sentence:

"Our reasoning and logic now, would govern what we think the spiritual world will be, which would be determined on Individual thought of Spiritual and Spiritual World."

Without the power of your "Individual thought of Spiritual and Spiritual World," totalitarianism is very often the result.

I think religion is best when it isn't too organized, or dogmatic (e.g. "we know for sure... ").

Again, great post. Thanks.
Michael

Canada

#528256 Apr 9, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you should look to the "MAN God"-- Jesus Christ and the"MEN Apostles" ---Mathew-Mark-l Luke- and John along with the MAN Paul's and his letters to All of the visible, hierarchical and authoritative Churches--beginning with the first Church at Antioch --with Bishops, Priests Elders and Deacons ( All recorded in Acts 2........ Maybe you should also listen to the MAN Jesus in Mathew 16:13-21 when He appoints Peter to be His earthly representative to "lead His Church" after His (Christs death) until He (Jesus Returns for the second time!!!!---and then finally the MAN Paul re-affirms it ALL in I Timothy 3:15 when he calls THE CHURCH (not the bible alone) as the " pillar, pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH ........ For someone like you Marge --"who claims" to follow the Bible "only" ----word for word-----it only goes to show that you would rather "throw out". over 1500 years of True Inerpreatition of the bible ----(out the window). and "under the bus" so that your anti-catholic (personal opinion) has become the final authority
...all those stories are unknown by everyone outside the bible. The stories were created to move along the catholc agenda . You can't see that?
Unbelievable!

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#528257 Apr 9, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe you should look to the "MAN God"-- Jesus Christ and the"MEN Apostles" ---Mathew-Mark-l Luke- and John along with the MAN Paul's and his letters to All of the visible, hierarchical and authoritative Churches--beginning with the first Church at Antioch --with Bishops, Priests Elders and Deacons ( All recorded in Acts 2........ Maybe you should also listen to the MAN Jesus in Mathew 16:13-21 when He appoints Peter to be His earthly representative to "lead His Church" after His (Christs death) until He (Jesus Returns for the second time!!!!---and then finally the MAN Paul re-affirms it ALL in I Timothy 3:15 when he calls THE CHURCH (not the bible alone) as the " pillar, pinnacle and foundation of the TRUTH ........ For someone like you Marge --"who claims" to follow the Bible "only" ----word for word-----it only goes to show that you would rather "throw out". over 1500 years of True Inerpreatition of the bible ----(out the window). and "under the bus" so that your anti-catholic (personal opinion) has become the final authority
Tell me what definition your NABre pope approved Bible teaches regarding the church Christ built. I don't see one word about it being the one (and only one) TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church.

Church: this word (Greek ekkl&#275;sia) occurs in the gospels only here and in Mt 18:17 (twice). There are several possibilities for an Aramaic original. Jesusí church means the community that he will gather and that, like a building, will have Peter as its solid foundation. That function of Peter consists in his being witness to Jesus as the Messiah, the Son of the living God.
hojo

Waconia, MN

#528258 Apr 9, 2014
KayMarie wrote:
who="Anthony MN" <quoted text>
Great example right here marge. Preston says you do not rightly divide the Word. You say the same to him. I thought the bible speaks for itself?
----------
Friend, when will you learn that while Marge and Preston don't see everything alike, YOU don't agree with either of them? LOL
We all see things a bit differently because we are in a process of learning. Your view (and theirs) is being shaped by all of your experiences, as well as what you know, or are learning, from The Word.
You are somewhat handicapped because of the CC attitude that you already have everything 'right'.
Look REAL close...you might see a bit better. When you do, you will be more patient with the rest of us who are learning to "walk life's journey with Jesus", NOT a philosophy.
Peace...
Kay Marie.... I have always respected your Christian charity, faith and Salvation in Jesus Christ---believing you to have more wisdom, understanding and spiritual insight that the majority of Bible only Protestants on this forum---especially your husband---- and believe you to be the True Christian in your family.. Thank you for your comments-- As I will continue to pray ( and appreciate your prayers also) for greater patience with Confrinting and with other "Catholic
bashing " Protestants on this forum. Blessings and Peace to you and your family during this tseasonof Lent and the in upcoming Easter week!
hojo

Waconia, MN

#528259 Apr 9, 2014
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
...all those stories are unknown by everyone outside the bible. The stories were created to move along the catholc agenda . You can't see that?
Unbelievable!
YOU, my friend are " blinded and are unable to see and recognize the TRUTH" of the bible and over 2000 years of recorded, and verifiable PROVEN documented TRUTH. Of Jesus Christ and His Universal Catholic Church........It is " no wonder" that you, Michael,(continue) to live your " shallow life" of anti-catholic bashing as being the ONLY purpose in your daily life !!!
What a waste !!!!----Unbelievable!!!!
KayMarie

Carlisle, PA

#528260 Apr 9, 2014
[who="hojo" <quoted text>
Kay Marie.... I have always respected your Christian charity, faith and Salvation in Jesus Christ---believing you to have more wisdom, understanding and spiritual insight that the majority of Bible only Protestants on this forum---especially your husband---- and believe you to be the True Christian in your family.. Thank you for your comments-- As I will continue to pray ( and appreciate your prayers also) for greater patience with Confrinting and with other "Catholic
bashing " Protestants on this forum. Blessings and Peace to you and your family during this tseasonof Lent and the in upcoming Easter week!

----------
Thank you. All of us have a great opportunity to know Him better as we overlook the flaws of each other.(I'd like to think that I am perfect...but you already know that "ALL have sinned, and fallen short of HIS GLORY.:)

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#528261 Apr 9, 2014
Regina wrote:
<quoted text>
Rose, you're confusing infallibility with impeccability. Christ promised the guidance of the Holy Spirit to His church Who protects her against teaching error. No dogma has ever been changed by anyone; it's impossible to do so.
You're also forgetting that Christ did indeed found a church through whom His word is taught and His sacraments conferred. He gave the Keys to the Kingdom to St. Peter along with the authority to bind and loose. He did not hand out bibles and leave us on our own to interpret them according to what our emotions and experiences dictate on any given day. I suppose one might use the word "institution" to describe the Church, although that really isn't accurate. It's more just a way for Protestants to dismiss the Church's divine origin.
I'm not sure what "secrets" you're talking about.
Secrets meaning..things,supposedly a,priest could teach..your dogmas are,Not writ in stone and sorry Regina,..I don't believe some of your popes,were fit to tie Peters shows...made new,or changed dogma..but now if its changed like,limbo or evolution ..you guys,here say it's not dogma ..

Oh well same old argument ....it does,not take a,Pope or theologian to parse Jesus,words ... and I don't believe e 've Jesus,founded a,Church that was to become what thE RCC was,before the Reformation ...I really don't ...nor was there a,Pope..He who is,first shall be last..

Have Faith..love God..love your neighbor..say the Our Father with heart....this is what Jesus,taught and it does,nit take an institution to figure that out with advanced degrees US,poor penis,cannot understand without their help .....He told them to preach and baptize ..He told us,be born again OF THE SPIRIT ...not the POPES,or Rome's authority..the Spirits,.

We must agree to disagree,

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#528262 Apr 9, 2014
Lol oops,PEONS, not the other word...this,kindle ..oh well sorry
KayMarie

Carlisle, PA

#528263 Apr 9, 2014
who="atemcowboy" <quoted text>In what way? lets see if My God given schooling is lacking in a debate with you.lol
in the Bible one day, a house was forsaken and those who returned were worse than before.

----------
That 'house' was a person, Preston, and those who returned with the first inhabitant were demons (stronger than the first). Thus the state of that man (house) was worse than before.
KayMarie

Carlisle, PA

#528264 Apr 9, 2014
who="June VanDerMark" <quoted text>
The word "unconditional" means that humans don't have to believe in a creator or a savior and will still be accepted into eternal bliss.
Isn't that nice for every body to know?
Doesn't that make you feel equal to all others???
Now you can quit bragging about being special.
:)
----------
Your silliness doesn't deserve an answer, but it should not be overlooked, either.
His love is unconditional, but it IS optional. Your choice...
KayMarie

Carlisle, PA

#528266 Apr 9, 2014
who="June VanDerMark" <quoted text>
Even if a god existed, why would the god need praise?
Would it have low self-esteem???

----------
LOL He is our FATHER, and honor and respect (praise/love) are all that we can give to Him.
My children's love is of GREAT value to me.
KayMarie

Carlisle, PA

#528268 Apr 9, 2014
who="Tony17" <quoted text>Uhh. There is only one thing God desires from us and it isn't praise. The only thing God desires from us is GENUINE LOVE. As for as praise from us it's not needed nor required because He is able to make rocks themselves sing out and start praising Him if He desired it. The key word is GENUINE LOVE,not that love that some give Him out of fear.

----------Praise and love are in the same song. David said that, "God LIVES in the praise of His people.(Would forced 'praise' from rocks warm your heart? LOL That is why that God made man a living soul, NOT a robot. He desires our fellowship.)

Love given out of fear is not love at all.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#528269 Apr 9, 2014
KayMarie wrote:
who="atemcowboy" <quoted text>In what way? lets see if My God given schooling is lacking in a debate with you.lol
in the Bible one day, a house was forsaken and those who returned were worse than before.
----------
That 'house' was a person, Preston, and those who returned with the first inhabitant were demons (stronger than the first). Thus the state of that man (house) was worse than before.
I agree and that verse proves that OSAS is not true and certainly not Biblical, but marge is hardheaded and will not believe the truth, yet she believed that doctrine as taught to her by some person, who was not led by the Holy Ghost.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#528270 Apr 9, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Ugh...ok NASL...cite your gnostic texts...
Can we move on then?
I don't need to cite any texts.

But I just wish you could just be honest with me, instead of skating around as if you are right.

BTW - it seems I've moved on rather nicely....I no longer think that men can tell me how to believe, and I now can utilize Jesus' teachings to better myself....even when they have nothing to do with religious views and/or personal connotations.

Carry on.
hojo

Waconia, MN

#528271 Apr 9, 2014
KayMarie wrote:
----------
Thank you. All of us have a great opportunity to know Him better as we overlook the flaws of each other.(I'd like to think that I am perfect...but you already know that "ALL have sinned, and fallen short of HIS GLORY.:)
Amen!!!

Location hidden

#528272 Apr 9, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU, my friend are " blinded and are unable to see and recognize the TRUTH" of the bible and over 2000 years of recorded, and verifiable PROVEN documented TRUTH. Of Jesus Christ and His Universal Catholic Church........It is " no wonder" that you, Michael,(continue) to live your " shallow life" of anti-catholic bashing as being the ONLY purpose in your daily life !!!
What a waste !!!!----Unbelievable!!!!
Tell me what definition your NABre pope approved Bible teaches regarding the church Christ built. I don't see one word about it being the one (and only one) TRUE Apostolic Catholic Church.

Church: this word (Greek ekkl&#275;sia) occurs in the gospels only here and in Mt 18:17 (twice). There are several possibilities for an Aramaic original. Jesusí church means the community that he will gather and that, like a building, will have Peter as its solid foundation. That function of Peter consists in his being witness to Jesus as the Messiah, the Son of the living God.

BTW..Christians, such as I, believe the Word of God...His Word, on this matter, says you are a liar...

Location hidden

#528273 Apr 9, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen!!!

BTW..Christians, such as I, believe the Word of God...His Word, on this matter, says you are a liar...

United States

#528274 Apr 9, 2014
Liam wrote:
I dont know why I respond to you. Everything you do is for the sole purpose of antagonizing us with things that you yourself don't even believe. Nobody....I mean nobody, is really that ignorant. You may amuse your self by playing around with our Sacred Scripture, but I think its pathetic.
-
-
Oxbow wrote:
This is the Gospel truth: All Scripture in the Bible all Christians use has chapters and verses.....
Get one..
So what you are telling me is that the truth, from Scripture,antagonizes you...how utterly sad!!!!
-
-
Liam: "You may amuse your self by playing around with our Sacred Scripture, but I think its pathetic."
-
it is not YOUR sacred scripture and for so many reasons:
First, the RCC has proven it has NO respect for Sacred Scripture - but prefers to allow the "Pope" to 'edit' and ignore it at will, re., Matt 23-9. We've been through this. You can't ignore it and then call it your own.
Secondly: Your church is not responsible for having preserved it and presented it to the masses. Holy Spirit would have done so for all mankind - no matter which 'human' was used - so much so that even the Catholic Church did not have the power to suppress the Sacred Scripture.
Thirdly: The Catholic Church could not murder enough Bible believing people so as to claim exclusive rights to the content of its pages - and this is the reason why the RCC is no longer in control of its content - Holt Spirit is far more powerful than the Pope.
Fourthly: The one *playing around* with Sacred Scripture - is none other than the RCC. By ignoring its content, you nullify its message. Is there a more profoundly pathetic way of *playing around with Sacred Scripture* than by ignoring it?
If you don't heed its counsel, you are most guilty of *playing around* with it.
-
But, this complete RCC perversion of scripture started with Constantine when he ignored the teaching of Scripture and said, "In This Sign Conquer." as he went forth murdering in the Name of God. Not only is this pathetic, it is horrifying. And Satanic.

Location hidden

#528275 Apr 9, 2014
KayMarie wrote:
----------
How sad...

Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#528276 Apr 9, 2014
False!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Oct 11 Married in 10,646
News Pope Francis Denounces Gender Confirmation Surg... Oct 9 TerriB1 1
News Paul Is No Inventor of Christianity, Says Pope (Sep '08) Oct 2 The Bible Student 81
News Boston cardinal, Jewish leaders have Holocaust ... (Feb '09) Sep 19 Tom Fontaine 42
News Catholic clergy fires back after Bannon criticism Sep '17 South Knox Hombre 1
News Evangelical Trump supporters want meeting with ... Aug '17 Ms Sassy 1
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) Aug '17 -Prince Of Darkness- 84,837
More from around the web