Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 690462 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#528074 Apr 8, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?
Show me a "document" of Rome that shows "peter" as a pope....better yet show the "first" "documented" [Roman] pope.---like you said-no apologetics--factual Roman documents.
I will wait.
You wil be waiting a long time.

This is a perfect example of how semantics are swept under the rug, and metaphoric explanations take precedence.....especially in Catholicism.

Do you honestly think Anthony will make a statement that goes against his free will to believe the way he chooses?
marge

Leesburg, GA

#528075 Apr 8, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
There are no scripture passages that judge me lacking which don't equally judge him and every other Christian. His personal feelings and personal interpretation of those scriptures are what he uses to judge me. I reject his authority to judge me based on his personal opinions of scripture. I accept only the authority of Christ and the Church which He founded on St. Peter and the apostles and their successors to whom He gave the authority to bind and loose. Your groups have no such thing. Sorry.
You do understand there are no personal opinions to what God's word says or personal interpretations of said word, it stands alone infallible forever.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#528076 Apr 8, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
How can you recognize "Absolute Truth" when you tell lies about other Christians? Why would anyone accept your testimony when you're a liar?
Absolute True would be unto (unique ) Defined, by the Individual, It is not, or should not, be a Group thing, but is because of same purpose. each person is Ultimately "Judged" on Individual actions. All that who's right or wrong as been around since Cain & Abel. The worlds two major Religions are of Abraham ( Issac & Ishmael ) Ishmael would be the Father of Islam. Cain was probably Father of Canaan. Religion is gonna Persevere. One has to Get In ,Where You Fit In..
That's right...some of 'em is brains, and some of 'em is azzholes... Jist remember--the brain would die if the azzhole did not do it's part...Such is the body--and even that of the body of christ.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#528077 Apr 8, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>marge rejects the Word because she is an unlearned individual, No different than you are.
I've been a bible believing Christian a lot longer than you have. I gave my life to Christ many years before you did. And I'm certain my educational credentials far outweigh yours.

I haven't run a emporium/tent revival like you have, so you definitely got me there.
marge

Leesburg, GA

#528078 Apr 8, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I think they do consider it sin, but in their world, nothing they do after gettin' saved can effect their golden ticket to heaven. It's a done deal. Kinda odd that they'll be sharing space with the crack smokin', gay sex havin' Ted Haggards of the world...
It is very sad you have yet to be Saved. Where is your faith?, in yourself or your church?
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#528079 Apr 8, 2014
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
God's word speaks for itself and that is the authority, even our ears to hear that word and believe is under His authority, why you give that authority to any other human to teach you I don't understand.
God's Word doesn't speak for itself, otherwise there wouldn't be 40,000 competing protestant sects out there.

Why does God's Word tell confrinting OSAS is a false doctrine and tell you it's not?

Why did Jesus give His authority to bind and loose to humans and not just hand out bibles?
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#528080 Apr 8, 2014
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
The Word(Jesus) saves eternally, seems like your the one rejecting.
Great example right here marge. Preston says you do not rightly divide the Word. You say the same to him. I thought the bible speaks for itself?

Location hidden

#528081 Apr 8, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> How much is a sin going for ? A Soul ?
A dollar 3 eighty....some places imposes a "sin" tax though....but never in a "duty free" zone.

Albuquerque, NM

#528082 Apr 8, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
So, the horrible atrocious behavior of the cathaholic church is what Jesus wanted from the beginning huh?
No wonder I despise your religious organization....now(with your help) I am beginning to despise your Jesus as well...especially knowing that it is one and the same as the OT atrocious deity(s). It appears you people worship a con artist that has absolutely no morality or any other worthwhile scruples....It is no wonder your churches are so corrupt and vile.
...what would you expect from those who wanted to separate the man into various categories, instead of one category and many beliefs.

I guess they wanted Jesus to be like them - men.

Albuquerque, NM

#528083 Apr 8, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
God's Word doesn't speak for itself, otherwise there wouldn't be 40,000 competing protestant sects out there.
You are right - it requires men to interpret it and then speak on it inaccurately and incompletely.
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Why does God's Word tell confrinting OSAS is a false doctrine and tell you it's not?
Where does "God" specifically state which texts are not "His inspiration" and which are, in order for one to determine which texts are "His" true words?
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Why did Jesus give His authority to bind and loose to humans and not just hand out bibles?
Why does Jesus tell us to "know yourself is to know the kingdom of God" and you don't believe this?

I know he never handed out Bibles, yet you think the one you read is accurate.

Hmmmmm.....you seem to be losing faith in Jesus and his teachings.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#528084 Apr 8, 2014
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
You do understand there are no personal opinions to what God's word says or personal interpretations of said word, it stands alone infallible forever.
I do understand that. That's why I reject what people like you, confrint and preston says it says.
Liam

Saint Paul, MN

#528085 Apr 8, 2014
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Now Gif has the gift of a preacher, one who preaches the Word of God for your benefit. It's the Word he preaches that judges you, not him.
He rambles off Bible verses that have nothing to do with his accusations. You call that a preacher? The "word of God" is the meaning behind those verses. His meanings are not the word of God. You're all the same....you read the Bible with your 21st century language and culture, and think it always aligns with what the authors of the Bible intended. Thats why none of you, NONE of you can demonstrate how your interpretations match those of any known Christian for 1800 yrs. What happened before then?
Why doesn't that bother you? You might say,'well gee when I pray and sing Christian rock music, I feel really good, so I evidently have the Holy Spirit and I can interpret the Bible'. Why don't you born againers just accept the fact that God loves you, that's what you're feeling. I
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#528086 Apr 8, 2014
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
It is very sad you have yet to be Saved. Where is your faith?, in yourself or your church?
I am saved marge, thank you. I'm just not saved according to you, but you have no authority to make such a declaration.
Chess

Columbus, OH

#528087 Apr 8, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I think they do consider it sin, but in their world, nothing they do after gettin' saved can effect their golden ticket to heaven. It's a done deal. Kinda odd that they'll be sharing space with the crack smokin', gay sex havin' Ted Haggards of the world...
Probably.

But you know there are bad actors in your group too.

I *believe* for some folks religion and sex often are related to the same need to control others.

I'm not going to argue it, just merely putting it out there.

You can have the final say on the matter.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#528088 Apr 8, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>That's right...some of 'em is brains, and some of 'em is azzholes... Jist remember--the brain would die if the azzhole did not do it's part...Such is the body--and even that of the body of christ.
What's gets me is the Mockery of it all. The Self Righteousness of each. The Message of Christ is the biggest thing, and Most get so caught up In "cause" for the better, they miss it entirely. That is very obvious simply by the Self Righteousness.

You Can See The Stars, But Still Not See The Light..

Already Gone ( Eagles )

Location hidden

#528089 Apr 8, 2014
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
You wil be waiting a long time.
This is a perfect example of how semantics are swept under the rug, and metaphoric explanations take precedence.....especially in Catholicism.
Do you honestly think Anthony will make a statement that goes against his free will to believe the way he chooses?
Of course not.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#528090 Apr 8, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
A dollar 3 eighty....some places imposes a "sin" tax though....but never in a "duty free" zone.
I figured it was Cheap..
Chess

Columbus, OH

#528091 Apr 8, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>I know how to pronounce the River known as Skyota. I live around 500 yards from it.lol
skyota is how it was pronounced on a TV show many years ago.lol
but it pronounces the same as the word Sci ence.
Go Bucks !!!! Miller will lead us to #1
It does indeed.

But do you know how to pronounce Olentangy.

I'm pretty sure it's old.and.grungy.

But I could be wrong.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#528092 Apr 8, 2014
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right - it requires men to interpret it and then speak on it inaccurately and incompletely.
<quoted text>
Where does "God" specifically state which texts are not "His inspiration" and which are, in order for one to determine which texts are "His" true words?
<quoted text>
Why does Jesus tell us to "know yourself is to know the kingdom of God" and you don't believe this?
I know he never handed out Bibles, yet you think the one you read is accurate.
Hmmmmm.....you seem to be losing faith in Jesus and his teachings.
Ugh...ok NASL...cite your gnostic texts...

Can we move on then?

Location hidden

#528093 Apr 8, 2014
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
The Word(Jesus) saves eternally, seems like your the one rejecting.
then please tell me what GIF and myself are rejecting.

none of you osas believers have ever refuted the [rejected} Salvation of Pauls good friend who Evangelized with Paul for many years and then [walked] away. and lost his soul if he didn't repent much later and the Bible doesn't tell us that he ever saw heaven as Paul did.

Paul ran the race and finished with his crown, his friend got a hamstring injury and quit. he liked the world more than he Loved God. and that is unrefutable Biblical.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 19 hr Married in 10,657
News John Paul I Closer to Sainthood as Book Debunks... Nov 12 South Knox Hombre 1
News Vatican backs Obama as Nobel Peace Prize Winner (Oct '09) Nov 8 Feeling Abandoned 37
News Pope Francis to stop off in Cuba on way to Unit... (Apr '15) Nov 2 whirlignmerc 11
News War, religion and tolerance Oct 30 The Bible Student 1
News Pope Francis Denounces Gender Confirmation Surg... Oct '17 TerriB1 1
News Paul Is No Inventor of Christianity, Says Pope (Sep '08) Oct '17 The Bible Student 81
More from around the web