Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 603438 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#527626 Apr 6, 2014
billyboy169 wrote:
<quoted text> Now I'm interested. What is the folly?
The folly is that religion is based on one absolute truth rather than individual cult-fantasies.

It's only arrogance that motivates humans to state emphatically ... "MY religion is based on truth, and yours is based on lies."

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON to Save us

#527627 Apr 6, 2014
ALL ARGUMENTS ASIDE ...Just spoke to Sera..She asks,

Please,keep Nick in your prayers,....his condition is Very serious,...
To terminal

They are,such good people ...please,pray his,pain and hers,will be comforted in Jesus,name ...AMEN

Prince George, Canada

#527628 Apr 6, 2014
When I was still in religion I was unorganized by religion that taught hells for some and eternal bliss for others, as that belief never did make sense to me.

So within the shadow of my previous religious indoctrination I organized my own cult, with me as the only member.

I taught my self that God loved everybody and wouldn't reject any "souls" whatsoever from eternal bliss.

My cult made me happy go "lucky" in a confused sort of way ... but my conscience was not at ease.

Only when I left all religion (including my own cult) did I finally find peace within and feel whole just as I am.

Now I live to the best of my ability each moment, and am at peace with the concept that I can't do better than my best.

Prince George, Canada

#527629 Apr 6, 2014
Again, I will share what I heard from a woman who lived her life as best she could by her own conscience. I had known her since I was a small child, and admired her generous nature.

Later in life she was bedridden for many years, and I was a volunteer who helped with her care.

One day, I asked her if she believed that life carried on in some form after death.

She thought for a short while, and then answered, "I really don't know. But I always believed that if I did the best I could that the rest would take care of itself."

Prince George, Canada

#527630 Apr 6, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
To terminal
They are,such good people ...please,pray his,pain and hers,will be comforted in Jesus,name ...AMEN
Mother Teresa believed that suffering should continue as long as "Jesus" wants it.

Do you think that if god exists he doesn't know that Nick is suffering???

Religion is the stuff of craziness.

I wish he didn't have to suffer at all.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#527631 Apr 6, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
Since both common sense and truth of church history are both your "downfall" June, your atheistic (anti-God, anti-Jesus anti-Catholic Christian Church) "bubble is about to burst!!!
The term Jew is used in at least two senses in Scripture: to refer to those who are ethnically Jews and to those who are religiously Jews. Jesus was a Jew in both senses. In fact, he completed the Jewish religion by serving as the Messiah (Christ) whom the prophets had long foretold.
The completed form of the Jewish religion is known as Christianity, and its adherents are Christians or "followers of the Christ." Unfortunately, many people who were ethnically Jewish did not recognize Jesus’ role as Messiah and so did not accept Christianity, the completed form of Judaism. Instead, they stayed with a partial, incomplete form of Judaism. Other Jews (the apostles and their followers) did recognize that Jesus was the Messiah and embraced the new, completed form of Judaism.
Shortly thereafter it was recognized that one could be a follower of Christ even if one did not ethnically join the Jewish people. Thus the apostles began to make many Gentile converts to the Christian faith. It is thus possible for a person to be a Jew religiously (because he has accepted Christianity, the completed form of the Jewish faith) but not be a Jew ethnically. This is the case with most Christians today.
It is this difference between being a Jew ethnically and religiously that lies behind Paul’s statement in Romans 2:28-29: "For he is not a real Jew who is one outwardly, nor is true circumcision something external and physical. He is a Jew who is one inwardly, and real circumcision is a matter of the heart, spiritual and not literal."
Christians are those who Paul refers to as being inwardly (religiously) Jewish, while non-Christian Jews are those who he refers to as being outwardly (ethnically) Jewish. The former condition, he stresses, is the more important.
Unfortunately, over the course of time some Christians broke away from the Church that Jesus founded, and so a name was needed to distinguish this Church from the ones that broke off from it. Because all the breakaways were particular, local groups, it was decided to call the Church Jesus founded the "universal" (Greek, kataholos = "according to the whole") Church, and thus the name Catholic was applied to it.
That is why Jesus was a Jew and we are Catholics: Jesus came to complete the Jewish religion by creating a Church that would serve as its fulfillment and be open to people of all races, not just ethnic Jews. As Catholics, we are those who have accepted the fulfillment of the Jewish faith by joining the Church that Jesus founded.
You are naturally stupid!!!! There is no cure....

"Jew" is not a term...it is a Race of people..whom normally practices Judaism..

Judaisum is the religion of the Jews, starting some where around 1300bc and having its spiritual and ethical principles embodied chiefly in the Hebrew Scriptures and the Talmud. It is not a Christian religion.....

Some may have converted from Judaism to Christianity after 30bc...but they are still Jews....

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#527632 Apr 6, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Lemme get this straight: Paul, a convert to Christianity, was writing to the new Christians, instructing them to hold steadfast to the JEWISH traditions they were being taught by word of mouth and letter? Apparently the Apostles were teaching Jewish traditions?
I give up. If you cant see you're a false teacher by now, you never will.
Try this brain teaser..... Is the Church the pillar and foundation of truth or the Bible?
Never mind, I don't wanna set you up in a sin, so could you privately ponder this?
Undeniable truth....

tradition: paradosis, a precept; specially, the Jewish traditionary law.....

He was speaking to a congregation of Jews.....where does it say they were converts to Christianity????
Chess Jurist

Columbus, OH

#527633 Apr 6, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> A nut I am not, but I am wilder than an electron gun fight!
No. You're just another nut.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#527634 Apr 6, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
To terminal
Amen, thank you RoSesz for that information. Nick has been through a rough time Sere and him are very devoted to each other. I will be praying for them both.
Chess Jurist

Columbus, OH

#527635 Apr 6, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
No. You're just another nut.
For the demons out there:

Don't worry, it's harmless for regular folks.

**Dimmy, why you did this to me?**
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#527636 Apr 6, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Beliefs are often perceived as positives by those who put faith in the beliefs.
But when people kill to defend religious dogmas, I suggest that is anything BUT positive.
when people kill to defend religious dogmas, it isn't about GOD June, it is about religious dogmas.

Prince George, Canada

#527637 Apr 6, 2014
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
when people kill to defend religious dogmas, it isn't about GOD June, it is about religious dogmas.
Of all the Gnostic Christian religions, Catholicism survived and gathered huge numbers... because the Catholics killed the Jews and all others that would not become Catholic.

When you support the Catholic church ... you support that killing that occurred in the name of "GOD."
Michael

Hamilton, Canada

#527638 Apr 6, 2014
Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
Which b=verses of Genesis are literal and which are metaphor?
Are the stars for signs?
Do snakes really talk?
Could the ark actually float upright, given the dimensions noted in the Bible?
Hint: there are no floating replicas.
The deluded just crave plausibility.
Maybe an invisible hand held it upright.
Yep, that must be it. Their imaginary god "works in strange ways."
Ramen
.......,let's not forget Balaams talking donkey in the OT.

......The crazy thing is Christians believe all these stories and nod their heads up in agreement when they read them.....(lol)

Unbelievable!

Prince George, Canada

#527639 Apr 6, 2014
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen, thank you RoSesz for that information. Nick has been through a rough time Sere and him are very devoted to each other. I will be praying for them both.
The reason you devout believers don't trust "GOD" to do the right thing by Nick, is that you know from experience that prayer doesn't stop suffering. It never did stop suffering, as the supposed god doesn't give a rat's ass who prays for what. The suffering continues on and on and on.

Religion is BUNK

Prince George, Canada

#527640 Apr 6, 2014
I've asked the god if it exists to strike me dead many times to prove that it exists to those in doubt ... and I'm still here posting each and every day.

One day I'll die and it's quite possible that the rumor will start and continue to grow that the god finally killed me for offending it.

If that occurs, one lie will then turn into many more lies.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#527641 Apr 6, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
Lemme get this straight: Paul, a convert to Christianity, was writing to the new Christians, instructing them to hold steadfast to the JEWISH traditions they were being taught by word of mouth and letter? Apparently the Apostles were teaching Jewish traditions?
I give up. If you cant see you're a false teacher by now, you never will.
Try this brain teaser..... Is the Church the pillar and foundation of truth or the Bible?
Never mind, I don't wanna set you up in a sin, so could you privately ponder this?
YOU are as stupid as stupid can be. Paul WASNT writing to the early Christians to keep the Jewish tradtions, HE WAS TELLING TIMOTHY TO HOLD ONTO THEM.

therefore if you think they will help you, Go 4 it!!! but as for me, I am not Noahide.

Prince George, Canada

#527642 Apr 6, 2014
The Atheist Christopher Hitchens died from cancer. You can bet that if Christians weren't also dying from cancer they would make up some cock and bull story that "God" was punishing Christopher for being an Atheist.

That is what occurred with leprosy, until the Christians more and more started to also suffer from leprosy.

ONLY THEN did they understand that disease has no favorites.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

Catholic Encyclopedia > L > Leprosy

They were excluded from the church by a funeral Mass and a symbolic burial (Martène, "De Rit. ant., " III, x).

http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/09182a.htm

Prince George, Canada

#527643 Apr 6, 2014
atemcowboy wrote:
<quoted text>YOU are as stupid as stupid can be. Paul WASNT writing to the early Christians to keep the Jewish tradtions, HE WAS TELLING TIMOTHY TO HOLD ONTO THEM.
therefore if you think they will help you, Go 4 it!!! but as for me, I am not Noahide.
You all cling to the stories of your favorite theologians who convinced you that their messages came from "God."

The theologians like it when you fight for their personalized cults. It keeps you divided and at odds with each other.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#527644 Apr 6, 2014
BT. I just got your message. thank you very much for bring that to my attention

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#527645 Apr 6, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
When I was still in religion I was unorganized by religion that taught hells for some and eternal bliss for others, as that belief never did make sense to me.
So within the shadow of my previous religious indoctrination I organized my own cult, with me as the only member.
I taught my self that God loved everybody and wouldn't reject any "souls" whatsoever from eternal bliss.
My cult made me happy go "lucky" in a confused sort of way ... but my conscience was not at ease.
Only when I left all religion (including my own cult) did I finally find peace within and feel whole just as I am.
Now I live to the best of my ability each moment, and am at peace with the concept that I can't do better than my best.
You only left one, for one of hopelessness..That Includes the one of night, when you're alone with your self..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What Divides Catholics and Protestants? (Apr '08) 1 hr Mr_SKY 84,422
News Pope eases church rule on abortion forgiveness 2 hr Redeemed 13
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Mon 3Way4me 9,681
News Pope Francis Affirms Evolution and Big Bang Theory Aug 30 Paul Porter1 421
News Ahead of pope's visit to US, some friction over... Aug 26 Belle Sexton 3
News Ahead of pope's visit to US, some friction over... Aug 25 Abrahamanic Relig... 1
News Pope Benedict is living out old age calmly (Aug '08) Aug 24 The Oracle 73
More from around the web