Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 691911 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#527790 Apr 7, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
In you exclusiveness you have shut the door ..against yourself...
From your perception ... is Jesus in on your plot of believing the door is shut rather than wide open???

:)

You seem to believe you have cast an eternal spell over the mentality of Jesus.

:)
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#527791 Apr 7, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
Had you lived in Luther's era, I suggest that you and Martin Luther would have been fighting for leadership.

Luther also believed he had a rope around Jesus' neck and was able to drag Jesus from one pulpit to another.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>

A History of Religious Ideas, by Mircea Eliade.

Luther’s theology

In a letter of June 1522, Martin Luther wrote:“I do not admit that my doctrine can be judged by anyone, even by the angels. One who does not receive my doctrine cannot come to salvation.”
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#527792 Apr 7, 2014
It's no coincidence that the gods always believed exactly as the preachers believed.

Men always created the gods in their own images.

That is WHY the gods always appeared as spoiled children ... wanting their own way.

"Do as 'I' say ... or HELL awaits you ... blah, blah, blah."
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#527793 Apr 7, 2014
Martin Luther had to be the ultimate king of CON.

Imagine having the "balls" to use the same bible as the pope and create a new religion totally foreign to Catholicism.

I mean in that context it's very funny.

If only the blood had not been shed by gullible followers again and again and again ... religion would be absolutely hilarious.

Countless men pounding their chests comparable to hairy gorillas. "I own universal truth and you idiots only know lies."
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#527794 Apr 7, 2014
Imagine this hairy gorilla sitting on his male-created throne, spewing hot air as being based on "universal" truth.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>

In 1302, Pope Boniface VIII promulgated the Bull Unam Sanctam:

"With faith urging us we are forced to believe and to hold the one, holy, Catholic Church and that, apostolic, and we firmly believe and simply confess this (Church) outside which there is no salvation nor remission of sin ... Furthermore, we declare, say, define and proclaim to every human creature that they by necessity for salvation are entirely subject to the Roman Pontiff."
Liam

Detroit, MI

#527795 Apr 7, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Again thanks,for asking.
I'm sure,at one time or other Nick/ Hermi enriched each one of us,with his,insights,.
He,will be missed,
if you're in communication with Sera, could you send my condolences? Thank you.
LTM

Sudbury, Canada

#527796 Apr 7, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
OUR dear brother Nick has,just reached journeys,end .
May he,rest in the arms,of His,Lord Jesus...free of pain at last.
In Jesus,name Amen
I will miss,his,wisdom and humor ..
And pray for peace for Sera,
I am sorry to hear of Nicks passing he will be missed , his trials are over.
He is with the Lord. I will see you again dear brother.
My love thoughts and prayers are with you Sere, God Bless you.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#527797 Apr 7, 2014
I suggest the child has a right to know why he/she has to belong to religion to make it seem RIGHT to the emotional indulgences of the parents.

I adored my parents ... but their religious dogmas didn't make sense to me.

I had and have that right to set my self free from all religion ... without believing I harmed the memory of my beloved parents or any other parents that are still under the spell of religion.

May the deceased victims of suffering ALL rest in peace, whether they were human or non-human forms of life.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#527798 Apr 7, 2014
Last night I dreamed of a recently deceased man that when he was still alive earned my respect for the way he lived his life.

In the dream he smiled at me, and I in turn asked him via telephone to give me a call.

What a pleasant dream.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#527799 Apr 7, 2014
LTM wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sorry to hear of Nicks passing he will be missed , his trials are over.
He is with the Lord. I will see you again dear brother.
Do you wish the same prosperity in the "hereafter" for those who die without having the Christian faith???
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#527800 Apr 7, 2014
Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
if you're in communication with Sera, could you send my condolences? Thank you.
Do you believe that Nick the Protestant will be allowed in heaven with the Catholics?

It would be nice if you people would be honest with your selves.

Then you could be honest with others.
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#527801 Apr 7, 2014
At least the extinction of the dinosaurs couldn't be blamed on human sin.

That catastrophe was caused by God's sin!

tongue in cheek
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#527802 Apr 7, 2014
This story came from Art Linkletter

A Sunday-school teacher was showing her class a picture of the Christian martyrs in a den of lions. One little girl looked so sad as she studied the picture. Finally she exclaimed:“Gee, look at that poor lion way in the back. He ain’t gonna get any.”
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#527803 Apr 7, 2014
Nor grant we therefore that our eyes are blind;

Blame not on eyes the error of the mind;

Lucretius
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#527804 Apr 7, 2014
On the program "Meteorite Hunters," it showed a place in Australia that read "Henbury Meteorite Craters." The man explained that the spot was referred to as "A resting place for devils."

No doubt, the ancient people, not understanding the "nature" of meteorites would have perceived the natural phenomenon as frightening and therefore "evil."
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#527805 Apr 7, 2014
I have second thoughts. Maybe God is malicious.
Told to Valentine Bargmann.

Albert Einstein

Quoted in J. Sayen, Einstein in America (1958), 51.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#527806 Apr 7, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you believe that Nick the Protestant will be allowed in heaven with the Catholics?
June, you sure are one obnoxious an needy old broad. Is there something you're looking for here that you're not getting from your husband, like attention or comfort? Has the bitterness of your daughter's death so overwhelmed you that you feel the need to spend your every waking moment lashing out?
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#527807 Apr 7, 2014
If you can't take a joke, I suggest you don't watch this video.

Liam

Detroit, MI

#527808 Apr 7, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Nick was Orthodox not Protestant and yes, I believe he's in Heaven. He suffered much lately. I'm so sure he's with God that I asked him to pray for me. You should do the same, your soul is ugly.

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#527809 Apr 7, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
First, it IS and WAS the catholics who protested against the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND.

the church that Nick attended NEVER Saved him, it was his faith and his love for the Lord that Saved him. Nick left behind a testimony that he loved the Lord, I, along with some others on here , accepted that testimony on its own merits.

Now, that is Honesty.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope urges compassion from politicians who fan ... 18 hr Frindly 2
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Dec 4 Mr Sir 10,694
News Pope Francis is greeted by young children in tr... Nov 27 TRUE CATHOLIC her... 1
News John Paul I Closer to Sainthood as Book Debunks... Nov 12 South Knox Hombre 1
News Vatican backs Obama as Nobel Peace Prize Winner (Oct '09) Nov '17 Feeling Abandoned 37
News Pope Francis to stop off in Cuba on way to Unit... (Apr '15) Nov '17 whirlignmerc 11
News War, religion and tolerance Oct '17 The Bible Student 1
More from around the web