Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 701449 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

marge

Leesburg, GA

#527102 Apr 4, 2014
All who are savingly converted, are called by the grace of God; their conversion is wrought by His power and grace working in them. MH
June VanDerMark

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#527103 Apr 4, 2014
In the 15th century the Catholics in power still couldn't stop squabbling among their selves.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

From the book,“History of Christianity,” by Clyde L. Manschreck … comes the following

Finally, the newly elected Emperor Sigmismund and the Pope of Pisa called the Council of Constance (1414-18). It represents the height of conciliar power. An array of ecclesiastical and secular figures from cardinals and princes to writers of bulls and buglers attended. In 1415 the council deposed all Popes: it jailed and deposed John XXIII, successor to Alexander V; Roman Pope Gregory XII resigned; but Avignon Pope Benedict XIII proved intractable and did not actually vacate untilJuly 26, 1417. He claimed he was the cardinal since before the schism, and, if the schism Popes were invalid, he alone had the right to elect a Pope. On April 6, 1415, the council issued its Sacrosancta right to elect a Pope.“The ecumenical council assembled at Constance represents the whole church. It derives its authority immediately from Christ. Everyone, even the Pope, owes obedience to it in all that concerns faith, the unity of the Church and the reform of both head and members.” Unless set aside by a council, it declared its canons and decrees were immutable.
Actually the Council of Constance was not very successful as a reforming body, even though it ended the schism. That the council’s views were not really different than traditional dogma was demonstrated by the council’s order to exhume and scatter the bones of Wycliffe and to put John Hus to death. After the election of Cardinal Oddo Colonna of Rome as Pope Martin V, November 11, 1417, the council’s interest in reforms virtually ceased. It seems that the early popes had to fight other people in order to grasp the HIGH position of “speaking for God.” Even the pope Eugenius IV was perceived as a “heretic.”

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#527104 Apr 4, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
You still get the puns tho I suspect.
Yup..
marge

Leesburg, GA

#527105 Apr 4, 2014
"Flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven."
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#527106 Apr 4, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
Rose, tell me where the Christians were in the first 3 centuries of Christianity if not in the Catholic Church?..
The lying ex-Jew church fathers were trying to keep the worshippers out of the Jewish Synagogues.
>>>>>>> >>>>>

L. Michael White: Professor of Classics and Director of the Religious Studies Program University of Texas at Austin

At what point did Christians start thinking of themselves as separate from Judaism?

The preacher of Antioch and later of Constantinople, John Chrysostom, complains in a series of eight sermons to his congregation, that "you must stop going to the Synagogue, you must not think that the Synagogue is a holier place than our churches are." This clearly indicates that the break between Judaism and Christianity, even as late as the 4th century ... still is not absolute, is not permanent.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows ...
June VanDerMark

Prince George, Canada

#527107 Apr 4, 2014
marge wrote:
"Flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven."
OH stop pretending that your Catholic dogma overwhelmed the mind of the Jewish god ADONAI and in turn create your own image of a god ... you THIEF!!!

God-theft does not make you HOLY!

tongue in cheek
Gods R Delusions x Mine

Orlando, FL

#527108 Apr 4, 2014
Hello all.

A great day. The fossil record, carbon dating, and the DNA trail all match.

Nice how God put the process in place. I seems so orderly, but do we really know how,the Universe came about?

It was an accident.

My God was hammering a cosmic nail and accidently hit his thumb. BANG!

One universe, and as far as we can tell, one simple periodic chart, all consisting of tiny specs of God's thumb.

And that's only this Universe. God is accident prone.

Ramen

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#527109 Apr 4, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
And if the one Jewish god of the Abrahamic religion ADONAI actually exists ... Bummer for you and all the other Christian Gnostics!
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>
Gnostics believed that there were actually two Gods, and that the God of the Jews was an evil or ignorant creator who deceived people.
https://www.christianhistoryinstitute.org/mag ...
Sorry - not a bummer for me.....because I believe Adonai as well. I believe all of the writings in the world - event the ones by Dr. Suess. Some of his best work is "The Cat in Hat".

Face it June, you can try to claim you know what the outcome of others will be, but in truth, just like me, you don't know squat.

Keep preaching that you do.....you seem suited to believe whatever is given to you.

Albuquerque, NM

#527110 Apr 4, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Christian theology in a nutshell
"Dear Jesus ... though you ARE a Jew
I still love you, it is true
Now get busy and erase my sin
And be at heaven's gate to let me in
I am worthy of your love
I am ready for heaven above
I don't believe other Jews are saved
But you dear Jesus, it's you I crave
Now run your errands for me today
And get busy for my stay
When you will worship me forever
As your very worthy treasure
June VanDerMark
August 9, 2013
Do you always need reassurance of your beliefs?

Albuquerque, NM

#527111 Apr 4, 2014
marge wrote:
'God said it, I believe it , that settles it for me.'!
Where does "God" specifically state which texts are "of His inspiration" and which are not?

Or do you like believing what other men have told you?

Albuquerque, NM

#527112 Apr 4, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
The responsibility for deaths in Fort Hood Texas and the six to eight suicides that is taking place among our soldiers daily.
Is the result of the atheistic administration that has banned Jesus from His role in the United States Armed forces...The Chaplin-es Can't even mention the NAME OF JESUS...IN PRAYER in the presence of the troops...
No such horrific actions took place in World War One, nor in World War two...
Because the soldiers ( in those days )could come to GOD in JESUS NAME, and find FORGIVENESS and HEALING being relieved from the guilt that they felt for being forced to kill...
Now they are forced,(by the administration) to live in a vacuum.
.FORCED.to bear the heavy burden of blood guiltiness with out THE understanding that forgiveness is offered, before God, through the blood of Jesus Christ ...
BECAUSE OF THE DARKNESS OF THE MINDS OF THOSE IN AUTHORITY. our soldiers are being deprived of the giver of life and the light.
.Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Joh 1:2 The same was in the beginning with God.
Joh 1:3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
Joh 1:4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
Like ··
Mabe, if Jesus wasn't ripped in half and only half of his teachings were presented, just maybe, we wouldn't have you bitchin' about others.

Albuquerque, NM

#527113 Apr 4, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
The responsibility for deaths in Fort Hood Texas and the six to eight suicides that is taking place among our soldiers daily.
Is the result of the atheistic administration that has banned Jesus from His role in the United States Armed forces...The Chaplin-es Can't even mention the NAME OF JESUS...IN PRAYER in the presence of the troops...
No such horrific actions took place in World War One, nor in World War two...
Because the soldiers ( in those days )could come to GOD in JESUS NAME, and find FORGIVENESS and HEALING being relieved from the guilt that they felt for being forced to kill...
Now they are forced,(by the administration) to live in a vacuum.
.FORCED.to bear the heavy burden of blood guiltiness with out THE understanding that forgiveness is offered, before God, through the blood of Jesus Christ ...
BECAUSE OF THE DARKNESS OF THE MINDS OF THOSE IN AUTHORITY. our soldiers are being deprived of the giver of life and the light.
.Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Joh 1:2 The same was in the beginning with God.
Joh 1:3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
Joh 1:4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
Like ··
I have a better idea.....

Since Phelps has vacated his position of hate, maybe you can apply for the new role of Westboro Baptist Chruch preacher.

You seem to have the hatred of others down pat.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#527114 Apr 4, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If I'm a about thousand years off from the beginning of Catholicism, that ought to make it plain to you that they were still squabbling a thousand years after the beginning of Catholicism, over who "god" chose to be fit as the real pope.
They never stopped killing dissenters whether Jew OR Catholic.
And the proof is that all of the first Protestants were Catholics that left Catholicism. And then they killed each other while both claiming that JESUS was on their side.
Stupid idiots.
I'm not stupid enough to miss the fact that you you deleted the "1" before the "409" in your article in an attempt to get one by the low-information protestants.

Yeah, human beings are a cantankerous bunch. Without divine intervention we would've been extinct years ago.

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Location hidden

#527115 Apr 4, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll take that for you can't.
Of course you will. You are incapable of comprehension.

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Location hidden

#527116 Apr 4, 2014
Chess Jurist wrote:
<quoted text>
Take a deep breath, collect your thoughts, and post a cogent point or question, dummy.
OK
You . are . an . idiot .

Albuquerque, NM

#527117 Apr 4, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:

"I am indeed thankful that I had the wits about me to never use words from any religious literature to in turn cause harm to others. "

New Age writes:
- unfortunately, since you only left religion four years ago, you are still a little wet behind the ears to claim you aren't causing any harm.

IMO - your preaching is just like others - all comes from your mouth, therefore you think your beliefs are more accurate than others.

I wonder when you will realize this honesty.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#527118 Apr 4, 2014
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
Where does "God" specifically state which texts are "of His inspiration" and which are not?
Or do you like believing what other men have told you?
Don't it say so somewhere in the new testacles?
Ooooh! I bet them cathaholics took that out too! And then it jist makes sense that them poor protesnots never got it for the protesnot deformation time neither......Now the holy spook is off in some other galaxy be'n high, so it ain't gonna git fixed!

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#527119 Apr 4, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
The lying ex-Jew church fathers were trying to keep the worshippers out of the Jewish Synagogues.
>>>>>>> >>>>>
L. Michael White: Professor of Classics and Director of the Religious Studies Program University of Texas at Austin
At what point did Christians start thinking of themselves as separate from Judaism?
The preacher of Antioch and later of Constantinople, John Chrysostom, complains in a series of eight sermons to his congregation, that "you must stop going to the Synagogue, you must not think that the Synagogue is a holier place than our churches are." This clearly indicates that the break between Judaism and Christianity, even as late as the 4th century ... still is not absolute, is not permanent.
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows ...
Why are you being deceitful June? I did not ask that question of Rosa to which you replied to there..other dude asked her that question, I already know where they be..

Hey, I see your biggest fan ain't around today, that's good :)
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#527120 Apr 4, 2014
marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Read your Bible Anthony;
Paul Defends his Ministry
…15But when God, who had set me apart even from my mother's womb and called me through His grace, was pleased 16to reveal His Son in me so that I might preach Him among the Gentiles, I did not immediately consult with flesh and blood, 17nor did I go up to Jerusalem to those who were apostles before me; but I went away to Arabia, and returned once more to Damascus.
St. Paul didn't do ANY preaching among the Gentiles until AFTER he was baptized into the the Body of Christ, the Catholic Church, by Ananias in Damascus.

Read your Acts marge.
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#527121 Apr 4, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Faith is not simply mental assent. You do not become a part of the Body of Christ, the Church, by merely acknowledging that Jesus is the Messiah. He is quite clear on that.
Rose, tell me where the Christians were in the first 3 centuries of Christianity if not in the Catholic Church? Tell me which Christians rejected the sacraments, rejected the authority of their bishop and the Bishop of Rome? Tell me which Christians were bible alone with no authority other than themselves, the bible and the Holy Spirit?
Well truth be known, they were tied to a stake and BB'QED!!
that's where they be..
Christians were BBQ'd by the Catholic Church in the first 3 centuries?

Source for this nonsense please.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News God made you gay' pope tells victim of clergy s... 1 hr Fred 4
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Sat Married in 10,772
News What Pope Francis and Obama may talk about (Sep '15) May 8 Serial deserters 54
News Alfie Evans' dad meets POPE to plead for asylum... Apr 24 C Kersey 1
News Pope writes Chile's bishops after receiving sex... Apr '18 Wisdom of Ages 1
News Vatican nixes former Irish president from Women... Apr '18 dubiecatholicarch... 3
News Vatican backs Obama as Nobel Peace Prize Winner (Oct '09) Apr '18 helpful links 40