Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 646709 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#526902 Apr 3, 2014
hojo wrote:
<quoted text>
The bible teaches that Sacred Scripture is the Word of God, but it also teaches that the Apostolic tradition is Gods Word as well. 2 Thess 2:15 teaches that
We are to obey the Tradition, whether be by word of mouth (the unwritten) or by the letter ( the written). This tradition is different than the traditions of men that Jesus condemned. We must obey Apostolic tradition ( which is exactly what the Catholic Church has taught for over 2000 years) and reject human tradition that void Gods Word. The Apostolic tradition is the oral teaching of Jesus Christ that He handed on to His Apostles and these teachings of the Apostles that was revealed and dictated to them by the Holy Spirit ( 2000 years ago). The Apostle Paul clearly and concisely to follow the oral traditions of the teaching of the Church as well as following the written Word (again) in 2 Thess 2:15. However we, as Catholics all know that you won't even take time to investigate and research the TRUTH of these Apostolic Traditions that the Catholic Church has Held Sacred for over 2000 years, because you bible only "fundamentalists" have chosen to live in a world of " private-judgement Christiaity where each one of your 42,200 contradicting "personal opinions" are the "final authority"
Traditions are fine just as long as they DON'T contradict the word of God which most of the traditions of the RCC does. When the traditions of the RCC contradict GODS WORD SUCH AS CONFESSING YOUR SINS TO A PRIEST,then that definitely makes void the word of God because as I stated Christ did away with the tradition of confessing your sins to a priest when He died and the veil in the temple was torn from top to bottom. However the Catholic membership seem to rather than obey the Lord God they choose to listen to these lying, jack legged men of the RCC.

As I Stated,there is nothing wrng with observing and holding traditions as long as they DON'T contradict the word of God.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#526903 Apr 3, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
"HIS CHURCH" is the Catholic Church. There were no other Christians Churches. The Church He founded, that has existed since the beginning, would reject the idea that you are a "believer" since you reject the faith HIS CHURCH teaches.
There are several churches founded by the apostles and disciples...they are mentioned in the bible..

They were NOT run by Rome....the Cap C Catholic Church run by the,Pope ...came,later..and you know,that .

Despite which , I believe you are BELIEVERS,IN CHRIST ..and spread HIS WORD.

I do not believe,as,I've,said,many times, that Christ meant for a,King like,Pope immersed in the,secular dealings,of kings,.nor any high priest but Him.
He,said he who is,first shall be last and,was against ANY one,of them feeling greater ...

However, God uses His,people as,he chooses, and He,has,used the RCC. AND THE CHURCHES, who split in the,Reformation..along with those who existed BEFORE,Rome took supremacy ...

That does not preclude worshipping in a,Catholic Church or that is a bad thing....and Jesus wants,us,to come together IN HIS,NAME .Just that is,not the ONLY HOUSE OF GOD ..

I know, you believe differently..So be it..

God hears the,prayers of believers wherever they worship in Jesus,name ....
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#526904 Apr 3, 2014
OldJG wrote:
<quoted text>
That is not what I said. Try reading for a change. It will help you understand. The Roman Empire/Roman Catholic church is one in the same animal at their specific times in history. The Roman Catholic church maintained what the Roman Empire began. Both were murderers and liars from beginning.
And I asked you to cite your source for the 100 million murdered...all you came up with was some website that doesn't support your statement one iota.

C'mon Mr. History/Deacon Bologna, where's the beef?
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#526905 Apr 3, 2014
OldJG wrote:
Lady Liam and or AnthonyMN, will you ever answer the question below? Just sayin'
Liam said, quote, "Do you have a problem with the 20+ other Catholic Churches or just the one in Rome? See, you don't know how to answer that. You've already programmed your ideology, you cant admit any error at this point." End quote.
Of the 20+ churches which of these does not report to Rome and your pope located in Rome? Please provide a list for verification.
Come on guys, your Romans can do it, right?
It's a stupid question and only highlights your ignorance.
Anthony MN

Minneapolis, MN

#526906 Apr 3, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
There are several churches founded by the apostles and disciples...they are mentioned in the bible..
They were NOT run by Rome....the Cap C Catholic Church run by the,Pope ...came,later..and you know,that .
Despite which , I believe you are BELIEVERS,IN CHRIST ..and spread HIS WORD.
I do not believe,as,I've,said,many times, that Christ meant for a,King like,Pope immersed in the,secular dealings,of kings,.nor any high priest but Him.
He,said he who is,first shall be last and,was against ANY one,of them feeling greater ...
However, God uses His,people as,he chooses, and He,has,used the RCC. AND THE CHURCHES, who split in the,Reformation..along with those who existed BEFORE,Rome took supremacy ...
That does not preclude worshipping in a,Catholic Church or that is a bad thing....and Jesus wants,us,to come together IN HIS,NAME .Just that is,not the ONLY HOUSE OF GOD ..
I know, you believe differently..So be it..
God hears the,prayers of believers wherever they worship in Jesus,name ....
You are way off base. ALL of the city Churches were in communion with Rome and each other.

The Church in Rome was recognized as:

"the Church which presides in the place of the region of the Romans, and which is worthy of God, worthy of honour, worthy of the highest happiness, worthy of praise, worthy of credit, worthy of being deemed holy, and which presides over love..."

"Since, however, it would be very tedious, in such a volume as this, to reckon up the successions of all the Churches, we do put to confusion all those who, in whatever manner, whether by an evil self-pleasing, by vainglory, or by blindness and perverse opinion, assemble in unauthorized meetings; [we do this, I say,] by indicating that tradition derived from the apostles, of the very great, the very ancient, and universally known Church founded and organized at Rome by the two most glorious apostles, Peter and Paul; as also [by pointing out] the faith preached to men, which comes down to our time by means of the successions of the bishops. For it is a matter of necessity that every Church should agree with this Church, on account of its pre- eminent authority, that is, the faithful everywhere, inasmuch as the apostolical tradition has been preserved continuously by those [faithful men] who exist everywhere"

No, the Church would not have accepted you as "believers" because of your rejection of the apostolic teaching.
truth

Claremont, Australia

#526907 Apr 3, 2014
all of you reject Jesus you liked be bigger then anyone
but can't

People know Jesus Christ is who?

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#526908 Apr 3, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> I have been to prison, and contrary to what you believe. Religion is a joke in there. People make a Mockery out of Christianity, Catholicism, Islam and even Wicca. Most people in prison try and use it as a tool to gain early release, it never works. Especially when you go to Mass and get caught with your buddy bent over, giving him the ole in &out! I did not take a poll, but I can safely say, there is not much Christianity or any other Religion in Prison..You seem to be talkn about the Baptist, saved by grace, always in grace..
Tee Hee Hee.

And the truth shall set you free,LOL

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#526909 Apr 3, 2014
Wacky theology

Mary ... "Jesus my son, my Jewish pride and joy, have you lost your mind?"

Jesus ... "Why mother, what on earth do you mean?"

Mary ... "Rumor has it that you were baptized today into the new Catholic religion."

Jesus ... "That's RIGHT mother, Saint John informed me that unless I become a member of his Catholic religion, I can't be saved."

Mary ..."I'm placing you in a Jewish mental institution immediately. Joseph, call the Rabbis and tell them we have an emergency on our hands."

Joseph ... "Yes my dear, right away!"
truth

Claremont, Australia

#526910 Apr 3, 2014
accusers
that's all

corupt diploma as wind in diple
diple=diploma

as wind come wind gone like kurculj as kapula=onion

as kapular and burag =organ for foods in cow and ox

volja in chicken and roaster

seeeeee words
truth

Claremont, Australia

#526911 Apr 3, 2014
accusers fall

history is teacher of life

“YESHUA IS LORD”

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#526912 Apr 3, 2014
For those of you that believe in that so called Rapture doctrine. When the rapture happens can I have your stuff?

“" THE WORD WAS MADE FLESH!"”

Since: Jun 10

"ISA 53:1.--6 "MATT 10:27"

#526913 Apr 3, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course I do, when appropriate.
I am "disputing her faith and belief" by using the very same tools she attempts to use, and point out that she has no credible ground upon which to stand as her position is entirely without hope of proof.
How can a thing ever be proven to be non-existent? What empirical proof would one offer to prove your position is true and correct? Nothing?
It is a simple fact that it is impossible to prove a negative.
Her entire position is one which would require proving a negative in order for her position to even be considered as rational.
You are incorrect. My attack has merit. It is much different than the accusation of "same" with which you charge me.
~~~
NO ATTACK HAS MERIT...

TRUTH IS WHAT HAS MERIT....Truth that is APPROVED by GOD HIMSELF.....Truth that is brought to the light and tested GOD'S WORD...

.Joh 3:19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.

Joh 3:20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.

NOTE
Joh 3:21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

THAT WHICH IS TESTED BY THE LIGHT....AND PROVEN NOT WROUGHT OF GOD ..ARE NOTHING BUT FABLES....

2Ti 4:1 I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;

2Ti 4:2 PREACH THE WORD ...

; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.

2Ti 4:3 FOR THE TIME WILL COME
when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

2Ti 4:4 And they shall turn away their ears from
the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

THIS IS REFERRING TO THE FABLES OF THE ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH.
which cannot be found in the WORD/BIBLE and has no basics... nor... foundation
in the OLD OR NEW TESTAMENT...

Prince George, Canada

#526914 Apr 3, 2014
Tony17 wrote:
<quoted text>Traditions are fine just as long as they DON'T contradict the word of God which most of the traditions of the RCC does.
And which "tradition" of yours do you believe aligns with the will of the one Abrahamic god ADONAI???

You people will squabble about doctrinal idiocy until you die, unless you let all that baffle gas go and do your best with each moment.

Prince George, Canada

#526915 Apr 3, 2014
confrinting with the word wrote:
<quoted text>
~~~
And our Protestant delivery-man is back with a whole new load of manure.

Prince George, Canada

#526916 Apr 3, 2014
Tony17 wrote:
For those of you that believe in that so called Rapture doctrine. When the rapture happens can I have your stuff?
According to you, you are already over-stuffed.

Prince George, Canada

#526917 Apr 3, 2014
truth wrote:
blade of Jesus Christ
Is Jesus once again promoting the use of swords to show his love???

tongue in cheek

Prince George, Canada

#526918 Apr 3, 2014
From my perspective people in religion are drawn to lies. Maybe the blight stems from the basic lust for fantasy.

Ted Haggard, who is as gay as gay can be, claimed that when he hired a male prostitute, he wasn't gay, he had just sinned, and he is actually a heterosexual.

Had he admitted he was gay, his self-indulgent life as a preacher would have gone down the toilet ... so he lies and the members of the congregation "praise the lord" in support of his lies.

I'm heterosexual, and have never had an urge to have sex with another woman, much less hire a female prostitute.

From what I have observed ... there is nothing on earth that members of religious congregations ingest with more enthusiasm, than lies.

Prince George, Canada

#526919 Apr 3, 2014
The legacy of Jimmy Swaggart

"Our preacher has sinned and repented so we must forgive him because Jesus forgave him.

Now, let's give him another chance to preach the same lies he preached the first time around.

He didn't let us down. He had sex again with a prostitute.

I guess this time we will fire him, because Jesus didn't cover THIS sin."

Silly people!

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#526920 Apr 3, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you anti-Santa Claus, or anti-Mother Goose, or do you just believe they are myths?
Oh....The easterbunny is real as hell! He still leaves shit at my house! He has always scattered the "suggarbabbies" all over the yard, and by the time we find 'em they are already stale-but we eat 'em anyway.:)

Prince George, Canada

#526921 Apr 3, 2014
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh....The easterbunny is real as hell! He still leaves shit at my house! He has always scattered the "suggarbabbies" all over the yard, and by the time we find 'em they are already stale-but we eat 'em anyway.:)
:)

#aid=P9 5iXbnbOuA

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 10 hr Mr Sir 10,166
News Pope says Church should ask forgiveness from ga... Mon South Knox Hombre 2
News Nation-Now 57 mins ago 10:35 a.m.Pope Francis s... Mon Rev Cash Dollar 1
News John Paul II College of Davao (Dec '07) Jun 20 tine 673
News Milwaukee Rising: Looking for the city's most u... Jun 20 Tom 2
News Pope names new papal nuncio to the United States Jun 1 Michael 7
News Pope's zero tolerance for pedophiles faces test... (Mar '15) May '16 Gods r Delusions ... 4
More from around the web