Roman Catholic church only true churc...

Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

There are 646756 comments on the CBC News story from Jul 10, 2007, titled Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican. In it, CBC News reports that:

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

#526842 Apr 3, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Looks more like Jim Jones reincarnate.
<quoted text>
So?
All I said was that he "LOOKS" like Jim Jones. He does.
Maybe the facial features of the modern Jesus appears to you as Jim Jones, but not to me.

This con-artist is a good-looking man that has the charm that people expect in a leader.

If he appeared as the hunchback of Notre Dame I suggest he would have no followers whatsoever, and except for his money (which is astronomical) he would have no lovely women hanging on his arms and listening to his every word in VAIN.

The same goes for the image of Jesus. It was not by chance that the artists were commissioned by the popes to paint that image as handsome as their brushes would allow.

Humans don't like to worship ugly. It goes against the grain.

“GOD SO LOVED US”

Since: Aug 08

He Gave His SON,JESUS Christ

#526843 Apr 3, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
Umm, He founded the Catholic Church. You're right though, Catholicism isn't a "religion" or denomination.
Um He founded HIS,CHURCH ..it IS for all believers,in Him as,Saviour ..

Yes,the RCC is a,religion..rules, priests, rituals...I'm not saying He is,Not believed in by Catholics,..but it is,a,religion..by every definition..

Christ came,to believers,in Him...
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#526844 Apr 3, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you expect that Catholics would preach original Judaism as the plain and simple truth???
You have to take your self out of your religion to study why I don't believe in any religion ... including your, and that won't happen unless you MAKE it happen.
I haven't the slightest inclination to convert you June. Just making sure you recognize your ignorance as regards history and theology.

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#526845 Apr 3, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
So you believe that Jesus (had he lived) left Judaism behind as a fake religion and in turn wanted the Jews slayed ... HUH???
You choose to be an idiot!
They're your words dear. You defend them.
ALL I said was that >you< do not know what woulda, coulda, shoulda happened, and that >you< are guessing and your offering is but pure conjecture.

Prince George, Canada

#526846 Apr 3, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
"In His image" eh.
<wink>
He has no god that he created in his image. He's an Atheist and his god is a spoof created from pasta.

That is why I play with his words and claim that his god is soft in the head.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>

Flying Spaghetti Monster

The Flying Spaghetti Monster (FSM) is the deity of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster or Pastafarianism, a movement that promotes a light-hearted view of religion and opposes the teaching of intelligent design and creationism in public schools.[3] Although adherents describe Pastafarianism as a genuine religion,[3] it is generally seen by the media as a parody religion

In August 2005, in response to a challenge from a reader, Boing Boing announced a $250,000 prize—later raised to $1,000,000—of "Intelligently Designed currency" payable to any individual who could produce empirical evidence proving that Jesus is not the son of the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flying_Spaghetti...
Anthony MN

Champlin, MN

#526847 Apr 3, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes,the RCC is a,religion..rules, priests, rituals...I'm not saying He is,Not believed in by Catholics,..but it is,a,religion..by every definition..
Christ came,to believers,in Him...
"HIS CHURCH" is the Catholic Church. There were no other Christians Churches. The Church He founded, that has existed since the beginning, would reject the idea that you are a "believer" since you reject the faith HIS CHURCH teaches.

Location hidden

#526848 Apr 3, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest that a savior would never come to earth in either Judaism or Christianity ... as he/she would know that no matter which religion he/she promoted it would cause division and wars.
That's funny, I heard somewhere that Jesus came here with a sword to intentionally divide the people.
What gives June?

Prince George, Canada

#526849 Apr 3, 2014
Anthony MN wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't the slightest inclination to convert you June. Just making sure you recognize your ignorance as regards history and theology.
I asked you a question and you didn't answer it ... as usual.

June VanDerMark wrote:

<quoted text>
Did you expect that Catholics would preach original Judaism as the plain and simple truth???

Prince George, Canada

#526850 Apr 3, 2014
RoSesz wrote:
<quoted text>
And within your silly theology, do you believe it's fair that those who have their own religions will be rejected BY Jesus to hell, simply for not believing in Jesus.

Are you THAT stupid???

I don't know if love exists, but I'm darned sure that THAT attitude is not based on love.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#526851 Apr 3, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder why the Catholics never asked the question of their leaders, that if Jesus came to teach others how to love, why Jesus would want to them to kill the Jews?
That would have been a simple question ... with a simple answer.
The teaching was based on a lie.
June

Peace

I am at fault, and humbly cannot answer your question.

Peace

Location hidden

#526852 Apr 3, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
OH knock it off!
Had Jesus lived, he would no more have been a Catholic than he would a Muslim ... and you KNOW how you love Muslims.
:)
However you are not yet the hypocrite of the pope that kissed the Qur'an in a SHOW of respect, for the religion he believed was of the devil.
You have a ways to go before you can top THAT hypocrisy.
When are you going to clean up your sloppy writing and use the word "existed" instead of "lived" June?
The assumption of your uh, "targets" here, is that He did in fact "live" here on Earth, and your use of the word in the context you mean, confuses the issue and can easily be taken that you mean "living" after the crucifixion.

Location hidden

#526853 Apr 3, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe the facial features of the modern Jesus appears to you as Jim Jones, but not to me.
Only a comprehension handicapped twit would get that from what I wrote dear.
I said he looks MORE like Jim Jones. The implication was that he looks like Jim Jones and NOT Jesus.

Prince George, Canada

#526854 Apr 3, 2014
Why the concern with baked potatoes?

Baked potatoes that have been wrapped in foil have been linked to cases of botulism. Clostridium botulinum spores can survive the baking process and the foil wrap seals the potato preventing oxygen from being present. In this environment, and at the right temperature, spores on the potato can germinate and grow - producing their deadly toxin.
Several cases of foodborne botulism caused by foil wrapped baked potatoes have occurred including a large outbreak in 1994 in Texas. In that outbreak, 30 people were affected.

http://www.bccdc.ca/NR/rdonlyres/B2100B09-158...

Location hidden

#526855 Apr 3, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
This con-artist is a good-looking man that has the charm that people expect in a leader.
If he appeared as the hunchback of Notre Dame I suggest he would have no followers whatsoever, and except for his money (which is astronomical) he would have no lovely women hanging on his arms and listening to his every word in VAIN.
The same goes for the image of Jesus. It was not by chance that the artists were commissioned by the popes to paint that image as handsome as their brushes would allow.
Humans don't like to worship ugly. It goes against the grain.
Who painted the shroud of Turan June?

Prince George, Canada

#526856 Apr 3, 2014
Robert F wrote:
<quoted text>
June
Peace
I am at fault, and humbly cannot answer your question.
Peace
You COULD answer the question if you would openly admit that the church fathers lied when they wrote and preached that Jesus wanted the Jews slayed.

But you won't point out that lie.

And THAT is WHY you ARE at fault.

Location hidden

#526857 Apr 3, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
He has no god that he created in his image. He's an Atheist and his god is a spoof created from pasta.
I know dear.
That's why I added this > <wink> at the end of my remarks.
Go look.

Then reread your post to which I responded.
Then reread mine again, and see if you "get it".
K? K.

Prince George, Canada

#526858 Apr 3, 2014
Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Who painted the shroud of Turan June?
It was real cloth that was manufactured in the 14th century in the pretense that it was wrapped around the supposed crucified savior.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >

Din Timelines

World History Timelines

x - A French bishop advised the Pope that the Shroud of Turin, that had materialized in the village of Lirey a generation earlier, was a fraud.

Location hidden

#526859 Apr 3, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know if love exists,
We are well aware that you think you were unloved as a child. Now you play the unloved old lady spinster card to boot?
Just how long have you looked upon yourself as a victim June?
<rolls eyes>

Prince George, Canada

#526860 Apr 3, 2014
Note how the time-lines match up with each other.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>

Turin Shroud confirmed as a fake
June 21, 2005
by Richard Ingham

PARIS, June 21 (AFP)- A French magazine said on Tuesday it had carried out experiments that proved the Shroud of Turin, believed by some Christians to be their religion's holiest relic, was a fake.

In 1988, scientists carried out carbon-14 dating of the delicate linen cloth and concluded that the material was made some time between 1260 and 1390. Their study prompted the then archbishop of Turin, where the Shroud is stored, to admit that the garment was a hoax. But the debate sharply revived in January this year.

http://www.physorg.com/news4652.html

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#526861 Apr 3, 2014
June VanDerMark wrote:
Note how the time-lines match up with each other.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>
Turin Shroud confirmed as a fake
June 21, 2005
by Richard Ingham
PARIS, June 21 (AFP)- A French magazine said on Tuesday it had carried out experiments that proved the Shroud of Turin, believed by some Christians to be their religion's holiest relic, was a fake.
In 1988, scientists carried out carbon-14 dating of the delicate linen cloth and concluded that the material was made some time between 1260 and 1390. Their study prompted the then archbishop of Turin, where the Shroud is stored, to admit that the garment was a hoax. But the debate sharply revived in January this year.
http://www.physorg.com/news4652.html
Are you the Anti Christ? Lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pope says Church should ask forgiveness from ga... 8 hr sharona 5
News United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) Tue Mr Sir 10,166
News Nation-Now 57 mins ago 10:35 a.m.Pope Francis s... Mon Rev Cash Dollar 1
News John Paul II College of Davao (Dec '07) Jun 20 tine 673
News Milwaukee Rising: Looking for the city's most u... Jun 20 Tom 2
News Pope names new papal nuncio to the United States Jun 1 Michael 7
News Pope's zero tolerance for pedophiles faces test... (Mar '15) May '16 Gods r Delusions ... 4
More from around the web