Roman Catholic church only true church, says Vatican

Full story: CBC News

The VaticanA issued a document Tuesday restatingA its belief that the Roman Catholic Church is the only true church of Jesus Christ.
Comments
508,181 - 508,200 of 533,292 Comments Last updated 40 min ago

Since: Sep 09

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2014

Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Horsepucky June.
Christians that I know question that all the time.
You are simply incorrect on that.
If they questioned what created the god that created the universe, they would understand that a god could not come out of nothing.

Men created gods in their own imaged.

Other animals existed long before humans and they didn't create gods in their images.

TINK about it!

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2014

Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW June, you are also incorrect in your assessment that they (people of all religious persuasions) say "there was nothing" dear, they ALL say something to the effect of "In the beginning, there was _________." (fill in the blank with whatever "God" origin applies)
In the beginning ... what created a god to in turn create the universe???

It makes no sense.

“Evolved hunter/gatherer”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2014

Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope???
Fanaticism a human trait. How else do you think of it?
Are you saying that all human traits and emotions are equally dangerous to humanity?
Is all religion equally dangerous?
You are so profound, it's difficult to understand your "wisdom."
Try being more specific. Exactly what are you trying to say?
Is this an argument for "intelligent design?" Who knows? You won't say.
:o)
Yes fanaticism is a human trait, but I also see it to certain degrees in other species.
Fanaticism takes on as many forms as there are people. If one is fanatical about individual freedom for all, then is that a bad thing?
If one is a fanatic about curing cancer, is that a bad thing and an enemy of humanity?
Of course not.
That being said, the other poster's claim that fanaticism is the enemy of humanity is incorrect.

Look at this entire thread and it's subject matter and some of the vile things that fly back and forth here.
Now, is not the entire mantra of say, you and June one which decries how many people down throughout history have been slaughtered in the name of religion? Do you two not say that it is going to be the downfall of man?
Is not the whole world at each others throats right now?
Are we involved in a multi-front war right now?
Does mankind not possess weapons which are capable of destroying the entire populations of not only man, but all the other animals as well?
Nope is correct.
Humanity itself is the biggest enemy of humanity ... currently.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2014

pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> We are not talking about the other "saviors" ..
When "scholars" start including that other saviors were and are as real as is Jesus ... then they will be fair to those in all other religions.

But to center ONLY on one savior as being real, and ignoring the others ... that is naughty "scholar-shipping" and not balanced study.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2014

Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Well gee June, who would have thought that?
<rolls eyes>
The point was about "fanaticism" dear. There are fanatics in ALL walks of life.
You, my dear, are a fanatic with your own axe to grind.
<smile>
Of course Atheists and Agnostics can be fanatic, but you won't catch them burning others at the stake in the belief that a god ordained the killing.

And you won't catch them preaching that Jesus wants homosexuals stoned to death.

And you won't catch them preaching that "God" wants over two hundred different death penalties put into law because the god is offended by human behavior .... et cetera, et cetera, et cetera..........

That was my point.

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2014

pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> I agree with you, but according to Jesus, No one comes to the father, except through me..
You missed my point entirely.

If you had been raised as a Muslim, you would not think as a Christian.

June VanDerMark wrote:

<quoted text>
If we were on a Muslim forum ... the discussion would be based around the truth of Islam and how the 12th Imam (the Mahdi) is expected soon to take the HOLY Muslims to PARADISE.
If you stand outside of the religious circles, you will clearly see that they all defend their own closed-in circles as being based on truth.
There is something very disconnected concerning that picture.
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2014

Liam wrote:
<quoted text>
I said Islam borrowed from Christianity and Judaism, while incorporating the personal thoughts of Muhammad. He was a false prophet. Most Muslims aren't fanatics at all. Most Christians aren't either.
Muhammad believed he had the 'word of God'. So do you, Confrint, Joseph Smith, Ox, David Koresh....
The only difference is Muhammad and Joseph Smith had the guts to write their own Bible while others just take someone else's; apply their own unguided interpretations and call it the " Word of God ". Its crazy.. you've completely unraveled the Eucharist (and go as far to mock it), Baptism, Sacraments, Priesthood, the complete canon of scripture, everything! Yet u still say you have the word of God? You're just another Muhammad. You've essentially wrote your own Bible using our words.. Take note Rose, Marge.... don't follow these men.
4Who has ascended into heaven and descended? Who has gathered the wind in His fists? Who has wrapped the waters in His garment? Who has established all the ends of the earth? What is His name or His son's name? Surely you know! 5Every word of God is tested; He is a shield to those who take refuge in Him. 6Do not add to His words Or He will reprove you, and you will be proved a liar.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2014

Gods R Delusions x Mine wrote:
Should science be seeking the truth? The scientific method should be changed.
Ramen
Is science seeking the truth?
In all areas?
What compels science, or rather, more accurately perhaps, a scientist to engage the scientific method for proof of any theory?

What about the scientific method would you change?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2014

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you believe that you would make a qualified "director???"
Maybe you could check with your "contacts" and see what THEY think about your "readiness."
:)
Nope. I gave up my position as self appointed dictator of the world long ago.
My "contacts" see through a variety of eyes from a variety of walks in life.
That "connections" line really tripped you up huh June.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2014

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
Words were continually morphed to suit the mentalities of the theologians.
>>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>> >>>>>>
Just how is that any different than what any government does for (or to) their own people?
What makes that any different than what you proclaim to be real bad?

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2014

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
You missed my point entirely.
If you had been raised as a Muslim, you would not think as a Christian.
June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
If we were on a Muslim forum ... the discussion would be based around the truth of Islam and how the 12th Imam (the Mahdi) is expected soon to take the HOLY Muslims to PARADISE.
If you stand outside of the religious circles, you will clearly see that they all defend their own closed-in circles as being based on truth.
There is something very disconnected concerning that picture.
Uh, no! I got your point.. if a frog had wings, it wouldn't bump it's butt every time it jumped..

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2014

Judged:

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
When "scholars" start including that other saviors were and are as real as is Jesus ... then they will be fair to those in all other religions.
But to center ONLY on one savior as being real, and ignoring the others ... that is naughty "scholar-shipping" and not balanced study.
Well, "IF" them other saviors were talked about world wide today, as Jesus is, then maybe you would have a point..
Gods R Delusions x Mine

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2014

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I suggest that if the theory of evolution were given equal time in the classes, it would be fair, as then the children could decide on their own which makes more sense to THEM.
Religion dictates that it is based on truth. Science relies on the word "theory."
It's not fair to brain-wash children and bully them into specific religious beliefs.
Not fair at all!
Children grow into adults, and when they find out that religion didn't give them choice to think on their own ... many will hopefully say ... "NO MORE!!! I want to choose my own belief."
Thank you. A direct answer.

Personally, I believe ALL intelligent design theories that CANNOT be disproven - be taught.

Ramen
Gods R Delusions x Mine

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2014

Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Whose version of it are you referring to?
How many versions are there?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2014

June VanDerMark wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe that a creator exists to allow suffering, much less ordain suffering.
That is different that "blaming" a creator.
You continually avoid placing mankind in your rants against suffering and always ONLY associate suffering with a "God" of one denomination or another.

You again assume what a "creator" would be or do or allow ... based SOLELY on emotion.
YOU make up a "God" in YOUR own "image" ... just like those whom you accuse.
You constantly proclaim that if a "God" exists, then "He" (interesting you use "HE there), "He" would be such and such.
Well, what if that is in fact the case, and pretty much all of mankind got it wrong?

You are at best (or worst as the view dictates) an agnostic June.
marge

Ames, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2014

marge wrote:
<quoted text>
4Who has ascended into heaven and descended? Who has gathered the wind in His fists? Who has wrapped the waters in His garment? Who has established all the ends of the earth? What is His name or His son's name? Surely you know! 5Every word of God is tested; He is a shield to those who take refuge in Him. 6Do not add to His words Or He will reprove you, and you will be proved a liar.
30:4, there is a prophetic notice of Him who came down from heaven to be our Instructor and Saviour, and then ascended into heaven to be our Advocate. The Messiah is here spoken of as a Person distinct from the Father, but his name as yet secret. The great Redeemer, in the glories of his providence and grace, cannot be found out to perfection. Had it not been for Christ, the foundations of the earth had sunk under the load of the curse upon the ground, for man's sin. Who, and what is the mighty One that doeth all this? There is not the least ground to suspect anything wanting in the word of God; adding to his words opens the way to errors and corruptions. MH
Gods R Delusions x Mine

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2014

Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes fanaticism is a human trait, but I also see it to certain degrees in other species.
Fanaticism takes on as many forms as there are people. If one is fanatical about individual freedom for all, then is that a bad thing?
If one is a fanatic about curing cancer, is that a bad thing and an enemy of humanity?
Of course not.
That being said, the other poster's claim that fanaticism is the enemy of humanity is incorrect.
Look at this entire thread and it's subject matter and some of the vile things that fly back and forth here.
Now, is not the entire mantra of say, you and June one which decries how many people down throughout history have been slaughtered in the name of religion? Do you two not say that it is going to be the downfall of man?
Is not the whole world at each others throats right now?
Are we involved in a multi-front war right now?
Does mankind not possess weapons which are capable of destroying the entire populations of not only man, but all the other animals as well?
Nope is correct.
Humanity itself is the biggest enemy of humanity ... currently.
That is way too "deep" for me.

Remember Pogo? "We have meet the enemy and he is us."

But as Luther wrote; "reason should be destroyed in .... "

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2014

marge wrote:
<quoted text>
Krishna???

:)
Gods R Delusions x Mine

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2014

Aquarius-WY wrote:
<quoted text>
Is science seeking the truth?
In all areas?
What compels science, or rather, more accurately perhaps, a scientist to engage the scientific method for proof of any theory?
What about the scientific method would you change?
Do you have a point?

Like maybe - "intelligent design should be factored into scientific study and teaching?"

Prince George, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2014

pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> Well, "IF" them other saviors were talked about world wide today, as Jesus is, then maybe you would have a point..
In other religions they ARE talked about and Jesus is NOT talked about.

Muslim "scholars" talk about Mohammad and the coming of the 12th Imam.

Hindus talk about Krishna ... NOT Jesus.

You'll get it, if you keep trying.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pope Benedict XVI Discussions

Search the Pope Benedict XVI Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Filipino Catholics hails new saints 6 min I_am_Belisarius 29
United House of Prayer for All People: Bishop's... (Apr '08) 2 hr Cultastic 8,187
Philippines and Vatican release Pope Francis po... 2 hr ELIAS IBARRA 60
Pope to visit Sri Lanka, Philippines in... 3 hr Jaffna Fake Brahmin Dog 3
Greek Orthodox church in Gaza shelters Muslims ... Jul 26 Link Forrester 3
More Jul 24 True Christian witness 2
St. Peter's overflows for historic day of 4 popes Jul 24 ELIAS IBARRA 41
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••